[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Negative Marketing 101

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: nesclassic.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nesclassic.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
Imagine supporting a company that encourages scalpers to horde all of their product at release and resell at a %300 mark up.
>>
What I don't understand is how it benefits nintendo and why they don't simply up production to meet demand. It's pretty damn obvious that there's huge demand, and people are willing to pay for them.
>>
Why would anyone buy this instead of emulating
>>
Imagine supporting a company
>>
>>388190047
Nintendo employees are actually the ones reselling the limited stock.
>>
>>388190047
>the only 2 online retailers to offer the snes classic without a bundle both released their entire inventory at 4am on the same day with no purchase limits

hmm. really makes me think.
>>
>>388190047
Remember when Nintendo had good people running the company that relied on the quality of their games to sell consoles rather than manufactured scarcity?
>>
>>388190119
Maybe they hope that it'll increase Nintendo's value in the eyes of the consumer, and cement them as a much desired brand. Or they had bad experiences with producing too much of one product in the past and then sitting on the stuff for too long and wasting valuable storage space. So now they prefer to do limited production runs for their non-mainline products.
>>
Imagine being so desperate that you buy shit at 300% mark up. Americans are joke. Fucking lining up for iphones and emulator machines. The ultimate we must buy everything people.
>>
>>388190226
this

get the corporate schlong out of your keesters

the only "side" you need to be on is your own side, the consumer side
>>
>>388190616
They get the same benefit by limiting the first run and release a second and third batch to meet demand. Nintendo is ran by morons right now that don't understand the American economy.
>>
They are afraid of repeating the mistake Atari made with E.T. in 1983 since, as you know, we are in the middle of a bubble that will pop very soon.
>>
>>388190185
I'm awestruck by the amount of normies frothing over this trash.
>>
>>388191734
Nintendo has harnassed the power of the normie. Scalpers will benefit greatly.
>>
File: 1503591827837.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1503591827837.png
325KB, 382x417px
>>388190047
>Blaming Nintendo for how stores choose to handle their stock
>>
File: 1433305251185.jpg (20KB, 380x254px) Image search: [Google]
1433305251185.jpg
20KB, 380x254px
>>388190047
Thats alot. I only got 12 SNES's, I wish i got more though considering buyers are already lining up to buy it at 2x the price. Gonna sell them all considering im not interested in playing it at all.
>>
>>388191367
I'm pretty sure they understand it better than a neckbeard armchair economist posting on an imagboard exclusively for people under 80IQ.
>>
>>388192282

Has nothing to do with that and everything to do with artificial scarcity.
>>
I'm just glad I live in a country that apparently is a primary producer of nintendium, because we have stockpiles or 'rare' product in shops. I'm even allowed to walk into a store and buy 12 copies of the same amiibo if I'm so inclined.
>>
>>388192282
>it's the store's fault Nintendo cannot provide them enough to stock up properly
>>
>>388190047
>He doesn't realize Nintendo ARE the scalpers.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.
>>
>>388192410
Or has it occurred to you, that maybe you are living in a country where literally nobody aside from you gives a shit about Nintendo and they have all their crap stockpiled still because nobody is buying them?
>>
File: 1503641531074.png (319KB, 1028x880px) Image search: [Google]
1503641531074.png
319KB, 1028x880px
>>388190047
Nintendo is actually only selling half their stock in retailers while the rest is being sold online for 300% markup by "scalpers" (aka Nintendo).
Seriously though, could they actually do this?
>>
>>388192312
You would think so, but the fact that resellers are making more money per unit than nintendo themselves proves otherwise.
>>
Nintendo is absolutely retarded when it comes to marketing. They do not know how to be consumer friendly.
>>
>>388190119
They think that the image of being a super desirable hard to get product manufacturer whose products are CONSTANTLY hard to find because they are sold out is good optics.

It is. It definitely makes their stuff look desirable as hell and on a psychological level that does work on consumers quite often.

It's still dumb, but this isn't even the fifth or even tenth time we've bitched about them doing this so I refuse to believe it isn't on purpose.
>>
File: rrLe319.jpg (331KB, 1223x1541px) Image search: [Google]
rrLe319.jpg
331KB, 1223x1541px
no chrono trigger, pass.
>>
>>388192669
They have no intenton of being consumer friendly, that much is obvious. They just want your money.
Also, I'm pretty sure they still retain some of their old philosophy from the 80s when they single-handedly pulled the industry out of the shitter by doing things their own way. Even now they probably still think that they know everything better than anyone else and will only look at what others are doing when they absolutely fucking must. Probably because the management consinst of the same old farts from the 80s.
>>
>>388192512
That's the only way I could see Nintendo being as retarded as they are. At least with the Switch they have an excuse because of component shortages due to Apple or whatever. It just makes no sense to make such a small amount of these damn things when they're not as costly and everyone wants one.

The only other reason I could see them not making that many is because they somehow see the Classic as a way to get attention for the Switch, but even then that doesn't make sense since there is a shortage of those too.
>>
>>388192787
>Even now they probably still think that they know everything better than anyone else and will only look at what others are doing when they absolutely fucking must
It's not a probably, this is a confirmed fact about the company.

Like how the engineers there would tell people to stop talking about how playstation or xbox handles things because none of the staff used them or wanted to use them.

It's like Nintendo is an old man locked in a cave trying to reinvent the wheel, without bothering to look outside and see that everyone else is already on to flying cars.
>>
>>388192587
The thing that matters is how much they make total, not per unit. If Nintendo were selling at scalper prices themselves, they would not sell nearly as many units.
>>
>>388192898
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I said armchair economist. They see that scalpers can sell units higher but they can't see the bigger picture.
And we also have to take into account the value of brand name building by increasing histeria and demand for their product. This is something that cannot be measured, but undeniably has an effect on overall sales.
>>
>>388193195
They probably consider any loss of selling more units to be easily worth the free advertising they get by all the SNES CLASSIC SO HARD TO GET WOW EVERYONE WANTS ONE articles this crap generates.
>>
>>388193298
Exactly.
>>
>>388192413
>>388192282
>why is Nintendo not overstocking a novelty REEE!!!!
>>
>>388190047
I see, another
>ITT: I could not pre-order Something, so lets cry and Blame it on Nintendo
>>
>>388193442
I'm not blaming nintendo, I was only trying to correct the poster who shifted the blame on stores. It is absolutely not the stores' fault. That was my point.
>>
its so cute
>>
>>388190047
Scalpers are doing god's work. If you are such a manchild that you can't handle not having some shitty plastic toy it's entirely your fault.
Also, to stop scalpers the best trick is not to buy from them at all.
>>
>>388190720
>imagine having so much money you can blow it on whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>388190047
I still want to know the context of this image. There's no way a scalper managed to get over 200 NES Classics on their own. They'd had to have stolen a shipment truck or something.
>>
>>388193540
>It is absolutely not the stores' fault
Bitch, fucking Victorias Secret have in store policies and online filtering and pairing systems to avoid scalpers

Nintendo sell to retailers, Retailers know scalpers bot the shit out of their stock and they dont care 100 sales to 100 people or 100 sales to 1 person is the same to em

without going into an structural change of the online system, there are only 2 way fend off scalpers

1) out supply em. make so much of the product they can not buy it all
but given XXXX-mni are novelties (dont have long legs) AS A COMPANY is not in Nintendo's best interest to over stock something that they will not sell

2) cancel all online pre-orders, limit pre-order to in store 1-2 per person with ID
good luck convincing stores to do this
>>
>>388193783
>There's no way a scalper managed to get over 200 NES Classics on their own
oh you poor innocent thing

https://gonintendo.com/stories/288225-unsurprisingly-people-are-using-automated-bots-to-quickly-snatch

>The Tai Ding bot keeps an eye on preorders for you, and snatches one up as soon as they go live. The creators of the bot know there are quite a few people upset with this practice.

>“People have realized that our bot puts them ahead of the competition. We have a 93 percent success rate. Basically our bot is able to "Automatically Cart" and checkout an NES [or SNES] without the presence of a person monitoring the computer.
>It’s very much frowned upon by those who don't have the software and find it ‘unfair’ that others have the upper hand. The bot gathered a lot of attention last year around the release of the NES Classic. The attention died down after that but has begun to rise again during these past few months now that the SNES [Classic] is here.”
>>
>>388192757
This. That's all it is.

Nintendo, the coveted, saught after brand. Fans will pay triple the price and be happy about it, they will say thank you too. This is extremely good for their brand, they know what they're doing. It wouldn't work with sony or MS
>>
>>388191386
>They are afraid of repeating the mistake Atari made with E.T.
Which mistake, producing a game that's hot garbage under a multi million licensing deal? What the fuck does that have to do with shorting supply on a desirable product? ETs problem was NOONE wanted it
>>
>>388190185
>>388191734
I love how you were given an explanation for why people would buy this again and again when NES Classics were being sold, and you continue to act like it was never explained to you. You people are more inept than the people you are so derisively calling idiots.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.