[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the movie industry among professionals, it is universally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (67KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover.jpg
67KB, 300x428px
In the movie industry among professionals, it is universally agreed upon that if you're writing a trilogy, each chapter should be self contained, consisting of a beginning-middle-end where the central obstacles are dealt with, leaving only a more enigmatic overarching plot thread left to be resolved in the following chapter, each movie should be view-able in any assorted order and shall not end of a cliffhanger.

The first half life game follows this principle, every installation that followed goes against it, resorting to amateurish tactics oft seen cheap soap dramas, excessive uses of deus ex to conveniently to conveniently solve an issue when the writer has painted himself into a corner, and judging by the script for Episode 3 these central issues seemed to have magnified ten folds.

Why will you not admit that Half Life past the first game is horribly written and is not worthy the prestigious pedestal you lot placed it on. It's been proceeded by superior storytelling, and game-play since it's inception, it's really no wonder it was cancelled, the team at Valve all knew the core gameplay of Half Life was antiquated, why haven't you?
>>
>Why will you not admit that Half Life past the first game is horribly written and is not worthy the prestigious pedestal you lot placed it on. I
i do but since i liked quake apparently my opinion is discarded by those people
>>
>>388187123
Nothing is universally agreed, for fuck sake it's a goddamn videogame.
>>
File: imguh.png (37KB, 334x67px) Image search: [Google]
imguh.png
37KB, 334x67px
>>388187123
This game is shit, its always been shit, and that is why it will never be properly finished.
>>
>>388187123

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here.

Valve was always shit. They just got lucky with the first Half Life. Everything from them after that has been garbage. I'm not saying the original is great or even good, I'm just saying that they put a shitty game out at the right time and made lots of money.
>>
>>388187123
It's usually quite common for the first movie to be self contained, while the second movie to end on a cliffhanger.
>>
see? nobody wants to talk about this shit game anymore. threads dead baby
>>
>>388187123
Half life was like first time you fap
>>
>>388187123
half life 2 is shit but sure as fuck not because of those reasons
It was a glorified tech demo with the half life game for the first half of the game, it didn't felt or played like a half life AT ALL until maybe ravenholm and then went back downwards.
5 hours of swamp duck hunting with no aliens in sight on the middle of the most visually unappealing place ever after the great world building they did the start.
That shit was just an insult
>>
>>388188807
this guy gets it.

I'm gonna reinstall and play it again now.
>>
>>388187123

why are PC faggots so obsessed with this stupid zombie game? good riddance. i hope it puts an end to the stupid normie memes about half life 3.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.