[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

File: head-logo.png (17KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
head-logo.png
17KB, 175x175px
How do I git gud?
>>
>>388184835
Play better games.
>>
>>388185114
like?
>>
File: 1502670730295.jpg (75KB, 537x534px) Image search: [Google]
1502670730295.jpg
75KB, 537x534px
>>388184835
You just have to play more... There is no secret techinque or tips. Ya just have to play more. Also get a clean skin, the original one sucks dick.
>>
>>388186006
iidx
>>
File: 1420963045201.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1420963045201.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>388184835
It's a muscle memory game you god damn spastic play more get better there is no strategy to discuss.
>>
>>388186204

>muscle memory game

it's a rhythm game
>>
>>388184835
did this game die yet? used to play it back in the day until the good parts of the community all left
>>
>>388186062
>Also get a clean skin
Any recommendations?

>>388186095
In English, please.
>>
>>388184835
only good rhythm games is the patapon series
>>
>>388184835
Shut up Mac
>>
Just want to point out >>388185114 is correct.
The fastest way to get better is to play other rhythm games.
Osu!'s leniency encourages bad habits, that really retards your learning.
And stop playing standard. It'll destroy your wrist, and none of the shit you learn transfers to other games/gamemodes.
>>
>>388184835
Avoid the official servers and play on a private one. Even fucking ripple has a better community than the official one. Also play the actual games they're inspired like Taiko and Beatmania; if you play 4k just get stepmania and adjust timings to be more strict.
>>
>>388186391
lol
>>
>>388184835
Uninstall and play an actual rhythm game
>>
>>388186520
>ask for better game
>get a reply as a clean, single word post containing the name of the game
>In English, please.
???????
>>
Practise with some bullet hell games then get back to osu. "Holy shit, time moves slower now!"
>>
>>388186757
But what if you find Standard superior to any other rhythm games in existence?
>>
aderall
>>
>>388191241
>But what if you find eating shit superior to any other cuisine in existence?
Then I think it's about time you evaluate your life choices.
>>
>>388191543
Other than the scoring bullshit which is autistic to cry about and doesn't actually mean anything, what's wrong with Standard?
>>
>>388188639
To be fair, some people don't realize iidx is part of the title.
Then again, people are fucking retarded.
>>
>>388191675
>It's autistic to hate a horrible scoring system in a game that's extremely focused on scoring points
You're gonna have to elaborate on that.
>>
>>388191905
I see absolutely no justifiable reason to care about such a small and petty aspect of the game unless you're within the top 100 best players in the world.
Why would you play a rhythm game for anything but the enjoyment the gameplay brings you?
>>
>>388191905
And what does that have to do with the gameplay itself, exactly?
>>
>>388192104
If you just enjoy clicking buttons for the sake of clicking buttons, by all means, enjoy yourself.
But if you actually enjoy the scoring and competitive aspect of it, competing with friends and getting high-scores, the scoring system is absolutely abysmal, and severely detracts from your enjoyment of the game.
>>
>>388192156
>Gameplay revolves entirely around scoring points
>Scoring system is absolute shit
How would this not affect gameplay?
>>
>>388186095
Literally this.
>>
>>388192372
I don't understand how the scoring renders you physically incapable of comparing scores in any other fashion. The ranking hasn't had any relevance since pp was updated, so nobody even cares much about it in the first place.
>>
>>388192475
No. The gameplay revolves around clicking circles to the beat, and nothing else.
>>
>>388192372
I do quite enjoy playing with friends and when we compete, we all know who the winner is. You don't need some broken system to tell you. Same goes for competing against yourself or literally anyone else.
>>
>>388184835
Bang your head at maps that are impossible to do, and scale back once you're tired of it.

Suddenly the thing you've been struggling with looks fucking easy.
>>
>>388192525
Because it essentially down to luck whether you win or not, depending on when you drop your combo, rather than how well you played at any other point before or after you drop it.
>>
>>388192834
You can set the win condition to accuracy or scorev2 in multi if it bothers you that much.
>>
>>388192834
"Win" where? On the rankings? For competitive stuff, like tournaments, they use a different scoring system entirely. Combo is still relevant, but it's more balanced with accuracy.
>>
>>388192963
Or I can play literally any other rhythm game, and enjoy something that isn't a broken mess.

>>388192969
"Win", as in beating old scores, beating friends scores, getting first place in MP, etc.
>>
>osufags will defend combo based scoring
>>
>>388186062
This is a meme
I have 65k pc and still at 10k whereas my friend has 20k pc and at 5k
>>
>>388193085
Yeah, all those "other rhythm games" with better online ranking and multiplayer.
>>
>>388193092
until you can give us a game with the same kind of gameplay and a similar amount of songs yes
>>
So I played the Ouendan games and EBA recently and fucking loved them.

I hear this game is just an open source version of that, but it gets a bad rep. Is there another EBA clone around?
>>
>>388193085
Well, if some arbitrary number that is largely irrelevant is more important to you than the actual game mechanics, then fair enough.
>>
>>388193230
If you're going to take shitposting from /v/ as basis of literally anything having a universally bad rep, then I don't really know what to say to you.

Also, there isn't anything else. There's Hexis, but that's a huge pile of shit.
>>
>>388193184
I'll concede the lack of MP in most other rhythm games, but a lot of them do have online rankings.

>>388193269
>Score is largely irrelevant
What?
>>
>>388193429
Which ones? The only one I can think of that has a unified ranking is LR, and that one sucks balls compared to osu.
>>
So how does the community influence how much people enjoy a rhythm game? You click on circles, no other humans involved in any way. I've been playing this game for a bit over a year without interacting with the community even once.
>>
>>388193653
autism and the grasping of straws
>>
>>388193534
Other than every bemani game in existence?
Stepmania has it, not sure about KSM, might be planned for it, and o2jam is entirely MP.
And what's wrong with LR? Only thing it doesn't have is Osu!'s PP system, which is shit anyway.
>>
Mindnumbing repetition, that's it
>>
>>388193653
Bemani fanshits will always find something to nitpick on. They'll commit seppuku before acknowledging something that's become so popular among normalfags.
>>
>>388193795
>every bemani game in existence
What?
>>
>>388193895
>Major gameplay flaws
>Nitpicking
I actually wish Osu! was better.
It was the game that got me into rhythm games, but it gets harder and harder to ignore its faults.
>>
>>388193974
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bemani
>>
>>388193187
I mean, if they actually care about scores and such, I can see why they won't like it.
>>
>>388194079
No, you fucking retard. In the context of every Bemani game having online ranking. Literally what?
>>
>>388194023
Which gameplay flaws exactly? If it's the scoring system, read the discussion from earlier.
>>
>>388194129
They all have online scoreboards.
Or are you referring to Osu!'s PP ranking shit?
>>
>>388194105
if you value a scoring system over every other facet the game has to offer then it makes complete sense to dislike it
but if that's the case then one should acknowledge that these complaints are autistic and pedantic
>>
>>388194208
>Combo-based scoring
>Extremely loose hit windows
>Literally no spam prevention
>Overwhelmingly low-quality maps
etc.
Other than MP, there really isn't any reason to play it over other games.
>>
>>388194346
It's because it's the best way to measure improvement.
>>
>>388194484
>>Combo-based scoring
Literally read what I said in the post you're responding to.
>>Extremely loose hit windows
Explain? This one I haven't heard before.
>>Literally no spam prevention
Except there is? The only thing I can possibly see you referring to is the shit in osu!mania, which is not only a different game mode entirely, but also a different problem.
>>Overwhelmingly low-quality maps
Factually incorrect. If you download literally every single map that's being submitted (not ranked) that's one way to come to that conclusion. If you just look for popular stuff, that can't possibly be the case.
>>
>>388194484
what "other games"?
Osu is a rhythm game, yes, but the KIND of rhythm game that it is exists almost literally nowhere else.
If you know of any Osu style games with acceptable scoring, extremely tight and well-polished hit windows, literally spam prevention, and overwhelmingly high-quality maps, I'd love to hear about them.
>>
>>388194783
I'll give you that, if you want Standard's playstyle, you're pretty much fucked.
But if you like any of the other gamemodes, you're much better off elsewhere, unless you just want to play MP.
>>
>>388194518
It's easy enough to glance over how ever many misses, 50s and 100s you have on the results screen. The ending score shouldn't be able to tell you anything you can't figure out on your own, and if it matters so much to you then you can just review the replay like all other competitive gamers™ have to do.
>>
So are any of these other games you guys shilling free and let me play moe haremshit OPs or are you all talking about 'better' rhythm games from ages past?
>>
>>388195050
I like mania fine enough but I'm in general not interested in falling notes gameplay, so no argument there from me.
don't see why you would think people were defending those other games modes though, nobody gives a fuck about them
>>
>>388195234
No. If you're concerned about finances, shit like SDVX or IIDX with a proper controller is out of the question.

If you don't want to play osu!, you can start shit like LR2 or DJMAX Trilogy with a keyboard
>>
>>388184835
>>control panel>>uninstall a program>>uninstall this shit>> google desmume>> download emulator>>google rhythm heaven iso>>download>>profit
>>
>>388195269
>nobody gives a fuck about them
I do. I wish they weren't all but abandoned.
>>
>>388195439
If you're actually arguing that playing that game on your PC on an emulator is a better experience than playing osu!, then you're the biggest retard in this thread so far.
>>
>>388195381
So the answer is no and no. Okay then, back to smacking my head against a brickwall.

All I wanted was to bring back fond memories of playing guitar hero in a hot sweaty room with a bunch of dudes but some how gayer this time
>>
File: 1475828754124.png (284KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
1475828754124.png
284KB, 500x437px
>>388184835
>haven't played rhythm games in years
>boot up stepmania
>i do horrible and shit that used to be second nature becomes extremely difficult
>I get frustrated and I stop playing.

How do i get good again? I want to have fun like the good old days.
>>
>>388196337
Play some easier stuff to start with.
Playing again after an extended break is rather tough at first, but give it a couple of weeks to a month, and you should be back to about where you were before.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.