[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was this Nintendo's last good console

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: list_640px.jpg (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
list_640px.jpg
18KB, 640x480px
was this Nintendo's last good console
>>
No, the Wii was, and the SNES was their last good console before that. It's too early to call the Switch good or bad.
>>
>>388179781

Actually, it was their only good console.
>>
>>388179876
The gamecube was until recently the last good console that had games, the wii was good because you could hack it and play gamecube games on it. Wii u sucked, switch is dope and has crazy potential and already a good lineup
>>
lol no
>>
File: bamboozled.png.png (3KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bamboozled.png.png
3KB, 800x600px
>>388179781
No this was
>>
The Wii was an overclocked gamecube so yes or no depending on how you decide to interpret that
>>
>>388179781
It's this actually
>>
>>388182498
There's zero incentive to buy that
>>
>>388179781
if nintendo didnt fuck up so badly with the n64 and gamecube with the media formats they chose, they would still be relevant with their home consoles.
>>
>>388182498
This
>>
gamecubefags are fucking insufferable. they act like the gamecube was the end of nintendos """""""""""""""golden age"""""" and gaming in general even though they were irrelevant as fuck in the console market. they are about as bad as dreamcastfags but at least they still support the console. if it wasnt for melee nobody would play the shitcube.
>>
>>388183671
this, gamecube was fucking trash compared to the ps2, and even the xbox hueg.

t. had one when it was relevant
>>
>>388180127
>The gamecube was until recently the last good console that had games
The Gamecube was a shit console and failed because it was a shit console.
>>
File: arguing on 4chan.jpg (728KB, 1280x1242px) Image search: [Google]
arguing on 4chan.jpg
728KB, 1280x1242px
>>388179901
Unironically this.
>Hasn't aged like shit
>has controllers made for human hands
>doesn't rely on gimmicks
It's great.
>>
>>388183671

But the Gamecube was both the start and end of Nintendo's golden age.
>>
>>388182498
>no games tablet
>good
>>
>>388183671
t. ps2 nigger
>>388183758
>compared to the ps2
If the PS2 was released on this very day, you would have 100 threads on /v/ calling it a weeb machine. Same with PS1. Stop denying it.
>>
>>388184509
>t. ps2 nigger

No, that's the sad thing. He's an actual Nintennigger.

Nintenniggers hate the Gamecube as they know its the only quality piece of hardware that Nintendo ever put out. Nintenniggers love eating shit, so they despite the Gamecube for being Sonyist and being of high quality. Why do you think Nintenniggers widely hate the Gamecube entries of all their favorite series. Wind Waker, Sunshine, Double Dash and more. These games where at the height of their series and are despised for it.
>>
The best version of Metroid Prime is on the better console
>>
File: SwitchGames.png (3MB, 2000x1523px) Image search: [Google]
SwitchGames.png
3MB, 2000x1523px
>>388184504
>No games
Hmm...
>>
>>388185075
The best version of Twilight Princess is on this one.
>>
>>388185137
>12 games
lmao
>>
>>388185142
Actually it's on Wii U and will more than likely be ported to Switch at the rate things are going.
>>
i fucking love how the original xbox sold more than the shitcube kek. fucking embarrassing console
>>
>>388184297
>>388184509
if the gamecube was so good why did nintendo completely ditch its fanbase with the wii? .
>>
the snes
>>
>>388185352
Because the GameCube sold poorly compared to its peers.
>>
>>388185215
This is probably true, but
>content locked behind static action figures
>>
>>388185496
and it sold poorly because it was a shit console.
>>
>>388185137
>ports and unreleased games
lol
>>
>>388185569
If it was a shit console then why did I own a lot of games for it that I enjoyed?
>>
>>388182498
That's an Nvidia system with nintendo games.
Which is sadly better than what nintendo would actually design.

I bet on something a bit faster than the PSVita but with a screen with even less resolution than it.
>>
>>388179781
More like their most overrated console. But since you grew up with it you have some nostalgic attachment to it. The Gamecube was a fucking joke during that gen.
>>
>>388185352

The few Sonyfags, PCbros and Xbots who bought a Gamecube to become an idort weren't enough to keep it afloat. Nintenniggers enmass boycotted the Gamecube. You know how they say that the only thing worse than an enemy is a traitor? Nintenniggers considered Nintendo's drive for higher quality to be a traitorous move of collusion with the Sony crowd and refused to support the Gamecube.

To them, Nintendo was synonymous with low quality. Low quality specs, low quality games, low quality fun, low quality fanbase, low quality company. The idea of Nintendo going high quality, like Sony, Microsoft or Sega was an outright betrayal. Nintendo realized this and needed to bring back the fold. And they knew the only way they could do it was by making the quality so fucking low, it would be equal to an outright ass fucking. That's why Nintendo publically stated that they were giving their old fanbase the boot, and moving onto the casual crowd. This atmosphere of hatred towards them an extreme low quality was the perfect apology to the masochistic Nintennigger, and they flocked back to the Wii in large numbers happily eating Nintendo's new shit. Being told in public to fuck off and that they weren't wanted, was just the message the Nintenniggers had wanted from Nintendo, to confirm a return to low quality shovelwear titles on an underpowered shitty gimmick system.
>>
>>388185691
I love the gamecube but any fucktard can have fun with anything regardless of it's quality.
>>
File: 1457240549147.jpg (56KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457240549147.jpg
56KB, 450x450px
>>388184779
>Wind Waker, Sunshine, Double Dash
>These games were at the height of their series

Nigga at least post some actual good games like Metroid Prime and F-Zero.
>>
>>388185830
Is this post /v/kino?
>>
>>388185897
>Primebabby
Post discarded.
>>
>>388184779
the gamecube probably had the worst iteration of their exclusive IPs to date, with the exception of metroid and f-zero.
>>
>>388185692
Nvidia didn't design it you idiot.
>>
>>388186083
they designed the most important part of the hardware
>>
>>388186120
probably because they want to move away from what a failure their previous console was, which is just about every home console at this point. wii doesnt even count since it was a shovelware machine.
>>
>>388186148
Which Nintendo specifically requested.
>>
>>388186083
They designed the SoC itself, the video chip, most likely the CPU (it's a proprietary nvidia ARM design), the memory controller, most likely the PCB itself..
Nintendo did the plastic shell and used a bunch of off the shelf components in it, and wrote part of the software.
>>
>>388186148
By that logic, the other consoles are actually AMD systems.
>>
>>388185691
If the Gamecube was the start and end of Nintendo's Golden Age then why do I own more NES and SNES carts than Gamecube games?
>>
>>388186231
Not really. It's using an unmodified tegra X1 chip, designed for the shield line of consoles.
>>
>>388186212
Not really. They even ditched the Wii and DS quickly. Nintendo always does that. Unlike Microsoft or Sony who support their systems for a couple years after, Nintendo literally drops them like a bag of rocks.
>>
>>388186302

Because you have bad taste, like all Nintenniggers.
>>
>>388179781
Gamecube mini when?
>>
>>388186281
the other 8th gen consoles are AMD SoCs, so yes they are.
>>
>>388179781
No that would be the SNES. The Gamecube spawned the most annoying console fanbase though.
>>
>>388185691
I have several games for the Wii U I loved but I'm not retarded and think that means the Wii U is a good console
>>
>>388183671
Most gamecubefags were kids who grew up with it and are now old enough to post on this board. The Gamecube was yet another Nintendo system with long fucking droughts, some of the worst installments in their first party series and laughable third party support. Even worse, they didn't have Rare to save their asses this time.
>>
>>388186430
Then what's the point in making such a distinction if it disqualifies every console Nintendo has released from being a Nintendo system? There's nothing to base any idea of "what Nintendo would actually design" on, then.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.