[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lawbreakers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: JUST Blesinzki.jpg (71KB, 411x594px) Image search: [Google]
JUST Blesinzki.jpg
71KB, 411x594px
Simple question: What happened?
The strongest argument is that it released on a during the summer and during a very saturated market.

Is the market really saturated with Hero Shooters or FPS in general?

Or has Overwatch permanently scarred gaming to the point where all future hero shooters will refer to back to OW much like how all games like The Surge and Ni-Oh are referred to as "Souls Like"
>>
>>388177846
No cute girls.
>>
market is totally saturated. you have the hero shooters, shooty looties, battle royale shooters, war shooters (battlefield/front) etc. etc. everyone wants to make the next lootbox cash cow.
>>
File: Checked.png (50KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
Checked.png
50KB, 260x260px
>>388178091
It's usually times like these where the community gets bored and want something new to try much like how WW2 shooters got over done.

What's next for the market is what I wonder
>>
>>388177846
Yes it's saturated. Lawbreakers also couldn't capitalize on playstyle or concepts that other games like cod and battlefield hadn't already done
>>
Top kek. Fucking soda dungeon has more players in it than lawbreakers.
>>
I think it goes beyond normal genre saturation. Every new shooter has loot crates that cost either playtime or money. With that in mind, you players will subconsciously budget how they play games. Why play a less popular game when you would have to start all over and grind again for monopoly tokens?
>>
>>388177846
It's a bad game?
>>
File: 1502686935061.gif (3MB, 322x178px) Image search: [Google]
1502686935061.gif
3MB, 322x178px
At least it's not another Moba or Card Game. That's the only positive thing I can say about Lawbreakers.
>>
>>388179250
Actually it's not. Characters are bland and utterly forgettable but who care? It's a good shooter with neat mobility
>>
>>388177846
1. Saturated genre.
2. Bad marketing.
3. Best case scenario, it would still not be huge, just because of what kind of game it is - slow respawn, skill based, fast movement, no cutesy webcomic storyline quirky characters, etc.
>>
>>388177846
Yup saturation in combination with weak marketing and little to separate itself from the competition is probably why.
I also think that Lawbreakers doesn't really appeal to casual audiences, which 4chan applauds, but casuals keep the player base healthy.
>>
>>388178362
I think destiny has the possibility to be popular.
I also think people really want cooperative games, where they can go on adventures with a group of friends while also being casual. That why I think mmo-lites like Destiny might get popular. Maybe even monster hunter world has potential to get more attention if it gets enough "dark souls but with friends" word of mouth to draw in casuals.
>>
>>388178362
Deathmatch royale.
>>
File: 4.gif (503KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
4.gif
503KB, 225x225px
>Saw a year in on Rabbitman shilling his game
>See it fail now

I expected this and I am entertained.
>>
>>388177846
Lawbreakers is extremely generic in both aesthetics and gameplay, nothing about it is unique. This coupled with it releasing in a saturated market is what made it fail.
>>
No one actually plays arena shooters, they just complain about a lack of them.
>>
>>388177846
The game is visually very bland and the marketing was #cringeyaf. A buch of bearded tatted up streamer retards talking about how they were literally shaking after playing. The characters range from boring to straight up ugly. The environments look very generic. The dubstep soundtrack is for 13 year olds.

The mechanics of the game could be amazing but everything else
>>
It has too much competition and casuals won't like it. They are too afraid to try it out
>>
Why they refused to release their game one the Xbone is beyond me...
>>
>>388177846
I came here to crumble some poop on Cliffy but then I realized that at least someone is giving his game attention. Now imagine being in the shoes of the Agents of Mayhem devs...even Nidhogg 2 gets brought up more.
>>
>>388177846
If you didn't notice, CoD and battlefield formula rendered classic arena shooters obsolete.
>>
I think people are vastly underestimating the staying power of Overwatch. It's become a WOW of the next generation.

I know people who have it as their LOL or DOTA game much in the same manner. They might pick up a new release but revert back to overwatch after a few weeks.
Events keep most people coming back too.
>>
>>388178362
Battle royale-style games are beginning to be all the rage now.
>>
File: lolbreakers.png (90KB, 740x151px) Image search: [Google]
lolbreakers.png
90KB, 740x151px
>Gearbox: we can make the biggest blunder of this generation
>Cliffy B: hold my beer
>>
why do every single mmo shooter have to trashtalk overwatch just as they're launching
>>
>>388177846
"heroes"
>>
>>388188321
Fear
>>
>>388181501
>No one actually plays arena shooters, they just complain about a lack of them.
this. also true for some other "we leetz" genres (full loot pvp mmo, actual rts, etc)
>>
It didn't cater to streamers like pubg
It didn't have the marketing budget of blizzard to push it to normies
>>
>>388188170
I wonder which one lost the most. Battleborn had a card game and loads of merch made, Randy was planning it to be huge in and out of the game.

>>388181501
This
As someone who played them a lot from 1998-2001 kids want their COD skinnerbox or waifus and me as a crusty 35 year old wants something laid back with waifus. Overwatch works well for me.
>>
>>388180751
>draw in casuals
>dark souls but with friends
dark souls confirmed casual trash
>>
>>388180751
Ive always loved co-op simply because I can play with my best friend but in general there should definitely be a bunch of team co-op ones, whether you have a planned party or meet people in the world. Despite all the shit wrong with Destiny (key problem being repetitive as hell) it was nice how easy it was to find a dedicated group of like 10-12 people to take on raids, strikes, and pretty much anything in game we wanted. Competitive stuff always seemed a bit more limited because there are only so many game modes possible and matches can be very short since there are quick objectives.
>>
Should have been free to play none of that 30$ online multiplayer only bullshit.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.