[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you kick an addiction to a certain videogame /v/? Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: aaaaaaaaaaa.png (423KB, 657x781px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaa.png
423KB, 657x781px
How do you kick an addiction to a certain videogame /v/?

Games like CS:GO, DOTA 2, Overwatch. You know the game is a pile of shit, but you feel compelled to launch it and play it anyways.

How do you stop?
>>
The same way you kick addiction in real life. OD'ing in a bathtub.
>>
Do literally anything else.

How hard is that?
>>
Play some single player games instead. They have a clear objective, and end at some point. The games you're choosing all have a common trait, they never end.
>>
>>388168150
by not having fucking shit taste

I never understood how anyone could stomach playing the same game more than two days in a row, especially if it's repetitive MOBA shit
>>
>>388168150
That usually happens to me if I have nothing better to do. I would try finding a new game you can really dig into, or else find something else to occupy your time. Start a new TV show and any time you feel like you want to play one of those games, watch another episode of the show instead.
>>
I was super addicted to dota and clockled like 2k hours in two years during closed beta/shortly after release
I don't even know what happened but I slowly started losing interest up to the point where I didn't even feel like playing anymore.
Haven't touched it in years
>>
File: 1427004063596.jpg (11KB, 250x312px) Image search: [Google]
1427004063596.jpg
11KB, 250x312px
Simply get taste. The easiest way to get taste is to read things written by people with good taste.
https://insertcredit.com/
http://www.oldmanmurray.com/
http://actionbutton.net/
http://www.blog.radiator.debacle.us/
http://culture.vg/
http://auntiepixelante.com/?page_id=2142
Also >>388168398. Stick to singleplayer games.
>>
File: milinan vantyrub.jpg (394KB, 556x1007px) Image search: [Google]
milinan vantyrub.jpg
394KB, 556x1007px
By just playing them.

If you are enjoying your time then who cares?
>>
>>388168150
just play runescape
>>
>>388168150
By getting a life.
>>
>>388168150
its easier to stop playing than you think

i stopped playing WoW, LoL, DotA and probably stopping OW because its getting boring playing the same maps over and over

also, the fucking Deathmatch mode looks dumb, OW can't do fucking DM because it wasn't made as a DM game first
>>
>>388168783

Not an option.
>>
>>388168640

Pretty much. From my own personal experience, it was hard to quit certain multiplayer games. The rush you get from that next win just keeps you playing them, even if they're ultimately not all that enjoyable anymore. Sort of like gambling, but without real money.

At least with a game like Sonic Mania, once you beat it, you beat it. You have to move on after that.
>>
>>388168150
quit dota 2 years ago bc i knew it was a huge waste of time and only causing me unnecessary stress. was silly to play.

overwatch just pisses me off and the game is shit, so i'm starting to move away from it. hardly touch it now

just figure out something else to play, try new stuff.
>>
>>388168640
>>388168921
I changed my mind, local multiplayer games are fine too. No online multiplayer though.
>>
>>388168150
>You know the game is a pile of shit, but you feel compelled to launch it and play it anyways.
...no. I do not know such feeling.
>>
is that you John Wayne?
>>
File: Really makes you think.png (43KB, 202x252px) Image search: [Google]
Really makes you think.png
43KB, 202x252px
>>388169079

Yeah, chilling with bros and playing vidya is also good. You can't go wrong with that.
>>
>>388169034
i kinda wish i could sell my accounts though, i'd like to get dosh out of my time spent, but there isn't anything on them that is unique enough to sell for dosh
>>
>>388169079
local multi is great because you are near people

shit, i been playing Switch Bomberman with people, its fun as fuck
>>
I clocked over 3.5k hours in dota from around the 2013-2015 mark. Pre TI3 that is.

For me I basically just tired of it.
Although to be fair I do still play it once in a while. I'll just random whatever and just zone out while farming/supporting away in my shitty bracket. Unless of course someone picks Sniper, cause fuck that hero. I'll abandon then. If I get LPQ it doesn't matter to me know cause I only play a few games every other month.
>>
Being terrible at those games helps me a lot.
>>
>>388168150
>Games like CS:GO, DOTA 2
..right, right
>Overwatch
You grow a dick that's what you do.
>>
File: C98UQcSU0AEACkP.jpg (117KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C98UQcSU0AEACkP.jpg
117KB, 1200x675px
>>388169375

Goddammit, I can't find anyone who wants to play Super Bomberman R with me. At least, anyone in person. All of my friends and family are casuals who can't handle multiplayer Bomberman.

It sucks because this is the best Bomberman game to come out in years; and fuck if I don't like the free DLC added. They have Pyramid Head for Christ sake.
>>
>>388169754
cool

i had a lot of people to play BM with over the years. my cousins and me played BM and BM93 on TG-16, Super 1 and 2, 64 and Saturn BM. never got to play with any more than 8 people on that one though.
>>
>>388169568
Oh man. You're right. You're obviously superior for sucking Valve's cock instead of Blizzard's
>>
>>388169937

I used to. My best friend and I played Bomberman 64 every weekend. Some of my other friends and family used to play it at least some of the time, but most of them either quit the vidya or ended up playing CoD and Battlefield only.

Playing with 8 or more people is kind of impossible. I seriously doubt many could manage to gather more than 4. Unless you're hosting some huge party or something.
>>
>>388170174
well, i had me and my 4 cousins and their 3 friends.

the 5 of us playing BM93 was perfect since TG16 had a 5 player limit and also a few 3-5 player games
>>
>never had this problem
>never been able to stick to any one game
>rarely even able to see singleplayer games through, especially without forcing myself

On the plus side I've played a retardedly huge variety of games.
>>
>>388168150
You get overburned by them and shit, just don't open them and try new shit, that's it.
>>
>>388170124
CS:GO and Dota 2 aren't good but they're at least more skill intensive than OW
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.