[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about to buy pic related what am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: gone-home-title-square.png (483KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
gone-home-title-square.png
483KB, 514x514px
about to buy pic related
what am I in for?
>>
>>388162767
no you're not marketer fuck off and die
>>
>>388162767
watch this real quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjf7UyigoSY
>>
>>388162879
>Let other people make up your opinions for you
How about you just play the game?
>>
>>388162767
If you're going to play a meme game for the sake of playing a meme game then at least pirate it
>>
>>388163002
you didnt watch it
>>
>>388163004
what's a meme game?
>>
>>388163062
The guy pretends that he hasn't played the game before and ''accidentally'' beats it in a minute or so and then as he's making a really funny face towards the camera(that's you!) a slowed down version of Sound of Silence(remember the sad meme song?) and review scores show up, praising the game.
Good, original joke in 2016. I actually clapped.
>>
A great exploration game with amazing atmosphere that unfortunately gets shat on by nu-/v/ obsessed with /pol/ politics.
>>
File: 3426178.png (126KB, 800x431px) Image search: [Google]
3426178.png
126KB, 800x431px
>>
>>388163231
lol
>>
File: 1498229823168.jpg (104KB, 600x928px) Image search: [Google]
1498229823168.jpg
104KB, 600x928px
Can captchas not tell the difference between vehicles and signs?
I keep getting ones that ask for one but theres only the other
>>
>>388163301
Wait a minute, that artstyle...
>>
File: 436278.jpg (285KB, 1000x917px) Image search: [Google]
436278.jpg
285KB, 1000x917px
>>
>>388163457
>Not using old captcha
>>
A couple of hours exploring the lives of unlikeable characters and then the feeling of regret that you actually spent money to "play" it.
>>
If Gone Home was $10 and didn't have any of that cringey dialog, it would have been perfectly fine.
It's the fact that it's overpriced and poorly executed that makes it shitty.
>>
>>388162767
I think enough time has passed that we can be honest about it.

The house is a little creepy. The voice acting is actually really good. The problem is that it's too short. Right when you start to get a feel for the characters and get interested in them, it's over.
>>
post the gif
>>
>>388163820
>walking simulators developed by leftists are fine

lol
>>
>>388162767
A 2 hour long exploration game that keeps you interested throughout. It's pretty innocuous,i don't get all the hate.
>>
Environmental storytelling has been around since at least System Shock and it's a great way to immerse the player in the game world.
It's a shame no one seems to know how to do it right. Just walking around and looking at things is probably the best way to tell a story in a video game, but if that's all there is to the game and story is shit you don't really have anything to fall back on.
>>
>>388162767
Its a pretty simple game. Try and take your time with it cuz it aint long. The main content is documents to read to really get the whole jist of the story. But meh its kinda comfy and actually a lil creepy.
>>
File: the-void_p03377-01_sc6.jpg (180KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
the-void_p03377-01_sc6.jpg
180KB, 1024x768px
>>388162767
>what am I in for?
A seriously lackluster experience, and I say that as someone who genuinely hoped it would be good, and who used to enjoy the walking sim genre back when this was released.

People mostly remember it for the crappy political bullshit that surrounded it, and the silly "wah wah they are taking our games away" hysteria, but the real problem of Gone Home is that it's not a very good story that is very poorly told.
The only character that has any depth is also very unlikable, everybody else is pretty much cardboard cut-out and the whole drama feels petty, not subtle or humane.
What is even worse is that the game actually gives you very little options to explore it, or experience it. Most of it is just wandering randomly around the house triggering fucking voice-logs by touching the active item, which goes completely AGAINST the whole point of having the game set in a "realistic" environments and being "grounded"

The environmental design is by far the worst part of the game. The fucking house does not feel like a house. It feels like a fucking level from Doom: it's incredibly poorly laid out, ironically lacks detail and human touch, it's incredibly distracting and cheaply set up, which adds to the already stupid and extremely game-y feeling of it.

Hell, the whole thing is so vapid and so lacking in anything to draw you in it has to rely on a complete red-herring ghosts story subplot to stretch out the hour-length.

So... I'd say your are in for a waste of money. Not because "it's not a game!" or because "fucking SJWs", but rather because it's a clumsy and uninspired piece of fiction that does not in any way take advantage of the medium.
>>
There are probably 5 people on /v/ who actually played this game, the rest are parroting memes (which honestly aren't that wrong). It's very short, I think I spent 2 hours total and I explored every inch of the house. The voice acting was great, but that's about it. You already know the main plotline, but I don't think that's really supposed to be a "twist". By the second or third tape from the sister, you can tell there is something weird about how she refers to the other girl. I would rather know more about the parents than the sister. I vaguely remember they were both doing couple's retreat because the mom is/possibly is cheating on a coworker or something. I thought that plotline was more interesting than the sister's.
>>
There are so many free walking sims that do what Gone Home tried to do way better.
>>
>>388162767
Not a game
>>
I just can't wait to buy it so I can permanently delete Sonic CD and replace its slot in my library with Gone Home
>>
>>388164654
Per definition a game.
>>
>>388162879
I get the idea, but why not just post the "speedrun" webm that's 30 seconds long instead of a 5 minute long video of a tranny pretending to play the game for the first time when she clearly already had a save and knew exactly what to do?
>>
>>388164626
such as?
>>
>>388164765
Maize is a good walking sim not sure about what its trying to do though
>>
just jack off to some random girl on tumblr. it's essentially the same experience and lasts about as long, but the only difference is you won't be a lesbian.
>>
>>388164930
Maize looks interesting, but it's 20 dollars and not free
>>
>>388165031
>you won't be a lesbian.
That's what you think. My penis is just a strap on made of flesh.
>>
>>388162767
It's a pretty short basic exploration game that mostly lives or dies depending on how much you want to explore the narrative. It really isn't the bad of a game, but probably not worth the hype or anti-hype.
>>
>>388164496
it was a free PS+ game at one stage a ton of people including myself played it then.

I thought it was going to be a horror game or something so i was waiting for shit to get real at any second, but it's really just a story. It was ok, not something I'd pay more than $10 for though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNSUReaCFZ0
>>
>>388165240
I also thought it was supposed to be a horror game, so I pirated it the day it came out just as the shitstorm started. The story wasn't offensively bad, but it was boring.
>>
dunno but im thinking of buying it for some long time, just never got the will to
>>
>>388165096
Oh sorry! Didnt see that part
>>
>>388162767
you're a retard
>>
>>388165567
I found it a bit boring because like I said I was waiting for something to happen the whole time, it was actually pretty intense because everything was so calm. if I had've known what the game was supposed to be from the start I think I would've enjoyed the story a lot more.
>>
>>388165240
the only reason anyone owns it is because they pretended it was a horror game
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.