[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gaming "clubs"... why must things be this way.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 440
Thread images: 84

File: aNdYmn4.jpg (40KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
aNdYmn4.jpg
40KB, 500x484px
What are you anons experiances with college gaming clubs? The one I went to was really fucking shitty.

>First year at college
>have literally no friends
>think to myself, "hey this will be a great opportunity to make friends that share my interest!"
>join a club called "the gamers guild"
>The first meeting is is the next day
>ask the president, we'll call him jeff, over email if it's alright if I bring over some retro games.
>he said sure
>walk In the club room the next day
>literally
>all
>smash
>everyone was just playing smash bros.
>at first I didn't really mind, in fact I was all for playing some smash bros, as long as I finally make some friends
>try to ask some people if they're up for a game of smash with me.
>"sorry but we don't have enough controllers"
>oh... ok.
>find jeff
>ask if there are any other games besides smash being played.
>"yeah there are actually"
>points to the farthest corner in the room
>"thats the retro corner, you can play your games you brought over there, just wait until liza is done."
>Head down the rows of chairs to the retro corner.
>there are cables everywhere.
>accidently trip over one.
>hear a loud booming "WHAT THE FUCK"
>turn around to see a large red beast of a man screaming obscenities at me
>I apologize profusely
>give him 4$ from my wallet and plug the power strip back in just so he will go away and stop spraying cheeto crumbs at me
>finally get to the retro corner
>a chubby girl and a black kid are playing sonic adventure 1 as big the cat.
>I listen in on the conversation
>"i was watching 2 guys play this game on youtube yesterday and they just wouldn't stop talking crap about it! They should realize that this game is old so they shouldn't be judged like games from today"
>realize that I will not make any friends here

Fuck me, all I wanted do do was make some friends. I now know that clubs aren't places to meet new people, but they are places to go with friends you already have.
>>
>>388161091
>give him 4$ from my wallet
seriously? did you also let him fuck your boyhole?
>>
>>388161428
I seriously didn't know what to do in that situation. I never had someone get that angry with me. I just did the first thing on my mind.
>>
>>388161091
I hope this is just copypasta, cause it's pathetic
>>
Nice blogpost. subscribed.
>>
>>388161621
>I just did the first thing on my mind.
The first thing on your mind was to give people $4 to make them stop yelling at you?

Fuck man, you're the easiest mark ever.
>>
>>388162967
it really isn't, just happened tonight. It wasn't meant to be pathetic, I was just pointing out that you won't make friends at gaming clubs
>>
>>388163302
>It wasn't meant to be pathetic, I was just pointing out that you won't make friends at gaming clubs
Nigga, you didn't make any friends because you're a fuckup who has no people skills.

Video game club and the people who went there have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>388163251
>The first thing on your mind was to give people $4 to make them stop yelling at you?
well, not exactly. I just gave him what was in my wallet. He was getting pretty rowdy.
>>
>>388163401
I'm not saying that they are at fault. I'm just saying that the other people there aren't going to make socialize with people they don't know. They are just going to play with the friends they already have. People who expect gaming clubs to be a social thing will just be disappointed.
>>
>>388163431
You unplugged someone's game because you couldn't watch where you were going. I'm not saying they were justified but it's understandable.
>>
>>388163431
so if i find you and call you names really loud, are you gonna give me your wallet and maybe some succ?
>>
maybe you should have tried actually interacting with people
>>
>>388163589
Again, you're saying this as a social retard with the catlike grace of a wildebeest who is so sackless that they gave a dude all their money just to get them to stop yelling.

If you go back next week, bring your own controller, and do the bare minimum to not fuck up, video game club is relatively easy to make friends in.
>>
>>388161091

go join a fraternity, any fraternity that'll take you
you'll learn how to be a human being, don't go into an autism corner expecting to learn social skills, seek people unlike yourself
>>
File: 9159159159159.png (1MB, 1002x826px) Image search: [Google]
9159159159159.png
1MB, 1002x826px
>>388161091
This story is from long ago, but I too made the mistake of scoping out a gaming club in college
>Dudes playing third strike
>Cool can I join?
>Sorry we are practicing something right now
>They are in training mode trying to do some kind of combo or something
>That's fine I'll just watch, they gotta play eventually, right?
>Sit on couch while they do whatever it is they are doing
>Notice most of the club members are not playing vidya
>Multiple people wearing fox tails or beanies with cat ears just sitting around chatting about some internet comic I don't know about
>Fat as fuck otaku girl watching some romantic boy anime with shitty laptop speakers cranked as loud as possible
>Bunch of awkward nerds that don't talk, one autistic enough to get up and walk away when approached
>Guys playing 3S just outright ignore me 90% of the time
>Sit on couch for about an hour
>realize those fucks have no intention of ever giving me a chance to play, everyone is in their own little cliques with zero intention of interacting with anyone outside of them
I wouldn't have been mad if I had wandered into some private club or something, but there was someone in the student union recruiting for this nonsense.
>>
>>388163747
No, the only reason I gave him money was because he wouldn't take my apology. giving him money was a way to show him that I was actually sorry.
>>
>>388164308

next time don't argue with lunacy, just leave

dont go back there, it sounds pathetic
>>
I'm going to choose to take this post seriously because I'm bored.

College gaming clubs (and college in general) is full of children. People go to college because it's what they are told to do, and they don't bother researching or thinking about any other possible paths they could take in life. They just pick the one that everyone says is the right way to go (actually many people discourage college now) and they get into thousands in debt for a worthless degree. (exceptions being the students who major in valuable fields with scholarships or grants). Chances are people in this gaming club are the types who will find themselves in a miserable job after graduating, or unemployed and living at home.
College clubs are a joke. They're usually run by students who are obviously busy with schoolwork (sometimes a job too) and rightfully prioritize club issues last.

Finding like-minded 'gamers' is not easy. Finding like-minded 'gamers' who like the same genres as you is super fucking hard. Just socialize at work, or wherever else, and mention video games to people. Don't be annoying about it, if they say something like "I don't have time for games", just look elsewhere. Eventually you'll figure it out.

t. anon with a few 'gamer' friends
>>
File: 1485089017958.png (320KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485089017958.png
320KB, 600x600px
I'm starting college in two weeks

Any tips?
>>
File: 5901305110.jpg (21KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
5901305110.jpg
21KB, 403x433px
>>388164308
>>
>>388164262
right! the place I went to was open to anyone and they all had there own groups of friends. Even if I brought a controller they probably wouldn't let me play.
>>
>>388164419
Drop out, be a NEET
>>
>>388164419

join a fraternity, preferably social one, the "career" ones are shells ruled by dicks who want to pump up their resume

otherwise join a sports club, any sport, even shit like frisbee golf, just get on a team and you'll have a pretty good college experience
>>
>>388161091
If the majority of people want to play one thing then they'll play it happily, if only one person wants to play one thing then your sent to the corner to play that thing by yourself
If you want to make friends then suck it up and wait your turn to play smash
>>
>>388164419
yeah... don't go alone. I've been attending college for 2 weeks and it's been the lonliest time in my life so far.
>>
>>388164308
who cares if he knows you're sorry or not? you're apologizing to a fat shit who's getting mad over a video game, fuck his feelings. you should have told him to fuck off and left, and if he hits you then you've got a reason to take all his money

quit being a doormat OP
>>
>>388164602
fucking join a club loser, jesus christ i went to college by myself 300 miles from home and it turned out amazing

>>388164387
college can be worthwhile if you arent going in for a shit degree or an overpriced college, but you're generally right, a lot of people do not belong in college
>>
>>388164387
>Finding like-minded 'gamers' is not easy.
It's easier to just find a good friend who is open minded and introduce them to cool games.
>>
>>388164308
If he doesnt want the apology then take the hit or leave, you dont need to prove that you're sorry
>>
>>388164696
i'm also about 300 miles away from my house. I tried to join the gaming club mentioned in the op. The only other club that I wanted to join was the chess club since I love chess, but the chess club had recently been disbanded.
>>
>>388164419
Don't isolate yourself
>>
I had a buddy that ran a gamers club at uni. According to him thy kind of people who go to a gamers club are the most autistic drama inducing manchildren you will ever meet.
>>
>>388161091
>join college gaming club because lol 10 years older than everyone because .milfag
>show up with laptop, a case of beer, bottle of whiskey
>5 guys and one chick, all pretty standard skinny nerdy looking kids
>they're shocked I brought booze
>after about an hour they're all wasted
>wtf I still have like 18 beers and half a bottle left
>one guy busts out a joint while we play RockBand
>haven't smoked in a decade, now I'm tore up
>have a great time
>introduce 2 guys to Mountain Blade, get totally shrekt because I'm seeing double
>overall get to have a great time being a loser nerd for the first time in forever
>all the other chaps are here now so we're up to about 12 people, they all gave me waaaaayyyy too much cash for booze
>intend to spend the left over on snacks
I don't know OP, I've been having a blast. I thought college was going to suck ass but it's been pretty great so far. Made the right choice getting into an apartment right outside campus though.

You probably shouldn't go back man, find friends somewhere else.
>>
>>388164449
I know it sounds pathetic but you should have been there...
>>
>>388164909
see>>388164075
and>>388164563

get out of your comfort zone, i was a huge loser going into college and joined a social frat on a whim, 4 years later when i graduated i didnt regret a thing

seriously though, if you have some look around during rush week, theres plenty that just need members, if you arent a sperg you'll probably get a bid. just be polite when you meet everyone, you dont have to suck anyone's ass, manners will get you in alone because people will want to get to know you better

we fucking rushed a 55 year old man once coming back to get his degree, he was a blast
>>
>>388164696
Yeah I mentioned that in my post. Even a lot of non-STEM degrees are worthwhile, and in some cases it's worth going into debt over a degree. But not to the level that you read about these days.
>>
File: 7566044797.jpg (235KB, 956x544px) Image search: [Google]
7566044797.jpg
235KB, 956x544px
>>388165149
>Story of a 28-30 year old buying booze and chilling with 18-20 year olds
>>
>>388165256

i look forward to the college bubble burst, how some colleges can even offer shit like broadcasting, videography, and most liberal arts degrees blows my mind
>>
>>388165149
you're a cool dude
>>
>>388165480
>meme degrees and STEM both take 4 years to finish
It would be nice if there were some way to 'short' college.
>>
>>388165748

if you can take more hours in a semester you can try, 3.5 is doable, 3 is rough if even possible at a school. i had a semester where i had 20 credit hours and it was awful
>>
File: web.jpg (114KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
web.jpg
114KB, 768x960px
>>388165409
>>388165634
I think I'm a dad, seriously. I hope not.
>>
My college Smash club was pretty good. Almost all the friends I made in college were in that club. Those Thursday nights playing Smash for 6 hours were some of the best times I had in college.

Also, getting a pound of Chinese food from the restaurant next door for $7 was kino.
>>
>>388166776
>kino

what is this meme
>>
>>388166960
Misused /tv/ meme, he should have gone with GOAT or something, or just been a normal person and said great.
>>
>>388166960
lurk more newfag.
>>
>>388161091
At least gaming is popular enough of a medium to the point where you can find other people in real life who share the same interests. Try being a fan of visual novels and light novels.
>>
>>388164556
Do NEETbux just come from the government?
How much could you get in a year?
>>
>>388167223

missed the joke there shortbus
>>
>>388167489

enough to kill yourself
>>
if you want gamer friends, go to an arcade at weekend nights, they are usually older folks that are only mildly autistic, but are all functional 20 something year olds.they are usually the type of crowd that have jobs and can spend money freely, which keeps all the neet man children away
>>
>>388165910
fucking saved
>>
>>388161091
My Freshman year of college I joined an anime/video club. The president was this really cool guy who had a calming demeanor about him, seemed to be good at organizing things. There was this other blonde guy who reminded me of link, and another dude who played a lot of pokemon and called himself a trainer, also cool. There were some girls, too, all very nice people. One was a turbo weeb, you know the kind that acts like she's in an anime, but she was actually a decent person and cute a as a button. There was the other girl who could cook her ass off, great baker and good taste in anime, and another who was like the stereotypical spicy Latina, pretty fuckin hot she was. Every single event we did was fun. We had a fighting game tournament that I got my ass beat in, but still, everyone was laughing. One time, we all got together in the evening and watched Akria while eating snacks and shit. Overall, it was the best club ever, I miss those dudes.
>>
Don't join a club for video games. Join a club like your local D&D group or your local Renaissance Faire or the av club or computer science club. There, you'll have a higher chance of finding normal people mainly because these hobbies take some degree of skill of intelligence of socializing, but they'll still be the kind of people to play video games and stuff.
>>
>>388164419
Don't get tips from /v/, for one.
>>
>>388161091
UCONN?
>>
>>388165149
>old guy buying alcohol for young kids
Completely different situation from your average collegefag. Still though it sounds fun. Enjoy it anon.
>>
>>388165409
Sounds good to me, ive always had older friends than me all my life practically, and its pretty great because i get to learn and adjust socially ahead of time, like i would play xbox with my 20+ yo friends at 17 back in the day, shit was cash
>>
>>388161091
I avoid these kinds of clubs at uni mostly because it all falls down to either LoL, DOTA, WoW or fucking Pokemon
>>
>>388165748
There is

Example, 9 month certification is attainable for social media marketing at many technical colleges, but i doubt you'll find something like that at traditional colleges or universities
>>
File: 1503288190171.jpg (38KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503288190171.jpg
38KB, 1008x720px
>be uni student
>no gaming clubs on your campus
I guess I'll never know if gaming clubs are for me or not.
>>
>>388166960
/tv/ meme

He's using it kinda wrong though, it means like, that something is great or quality, in a cinematic(this could be interpreted differently, more abstractly "cinematic" than literally) kind of way if that makes sense
>>
I haven't declared a major yet, going into sophomore year, all I know is that I'm too much of a brainlet for STEM. I'd like to study history or something, but I know that'll fuxk me in the job side of things. I just don think know what to do.
>>
>>388168475
Stephanie Sheh got into voice acting through an anime club, and that is what i want to do (though i dont necessarily care whether the content is anime or not career wise), how well does that kind of thing usually work out, i figure the club has a 50% of actually doing activities like that and the other 50 would probably mean that it would just be a gathering club to watch stuff and nothing else
>>
>>388161091
Hey man was that booth the one with the league of legends poster in the background when you signed up?
>>
>>388164419
Don't listen to the STEMfags on here that say you can only succeeded through life as a STEMfag.
>>
I know nothing about gaming clubs, but I just wanted to get this out of my chest:

I saw the other day an anime called Gamers.
It wasn't about games at all.
I felt extremely dissapointed that someone had to mislead people into watching his/her anime about romantic mishaps to the point of having ArkSys games on the highlights, just to never actually talk about videogames.
>>
>>388169893
If you don't know what you want to do for a living, the last thing you want to do is be in college. It will drain your soul because you'll end up stumbling through the entire experience. Don't do what I did. Take your time, figure out what you want to study, and then sign up for college.
>>
File: 1502537236242.jpg (82KB, 717x638px) Image search: [Google]
1502537236242.jpg
82KB, 717x638px
>>388169131
>old guy
Hey fuck you I'm not old just older then the bunch of babies I'm surrounded by.

But seriously they're so autistic, it's awful sometimes. We had a guy (this is the second week of classes btw) that just now said something to the instructor for my computer course that he DIDN'T KNOW HIS LOGIN FOR THE SCHOOL COMPUTERS. Which meant he couldn't use the e-mail, or the assignment hub (I don't know if BlackBoard is universal but it's what we use). He's just been bringing his laptop and playing on Facebook for the last 2 weeks.

I've got a bad feeling that I could very easily dick it up though, 19 year olds are tight and I'm not dating anyone. I refuse to waste my gubbmint money partying and banging chicks a decade younger than me though, even if part of my brain is screaming at me for it.
>>
>>388169904
That's rare. If you want to do voice acting, you have to start with acting. Go join your drama club.
>>
>>388169893
become a teacher
>>
>>388161091
>go to byu in provo
>relate to nobody cuz shitty mormon and at the time had a hydrocodone problem
>figure vidya club through the school might have some ppl worth knowing because surely they play a variety of games
>get to the guy's house (it rotated between a few places)
>only rated E allowed
>E is fine... but exclusively E for 20+ year olds?
>playing mostly single player 64 stuff. Dk, zelda, etc.
>show one dude how to get the different colored gauntlets through the fish glitch
>hes mad i "broke his file"
>fuck off to a quiet room of the house to call my gf to pick me up (car was back in tx still)
>walk in on the host and some twink literally assfucking in a mating press

Didnt go back.
>>
>>388161091
kill yourself you blogposting fuck
>>
File: AngryGrowl2.png (910KB, 1147x1129px) Image search: [Google]
AngryGrowl2.png
910KB, 1147x1129px
>>388161091
I generally don't like clubs, if i can be home or stay longer at school i'm gonna obviously choice my home. But one day teacher says you have to go to any club and give a short presentation

>Find handout with list of clubs
>Everything is shit or when i'm not on campus
>See video game club
>"Ok it's only an hour not too bad i'll go
>I go everyone is neither a neckbeard, retarded or both.
>Everyone smelled and looked greasy as fuck
>So some chick from the anime club walks in asking if people wanted to join. The rooms burst into a convo about some anime shit that i have no fucking idea what they're talking about.
>Then the person in charge walks in with disinfectant wipes and says some people other clubs have been complaining about the smell.
>Write my info for the assignment and get the hell out of there
>Never again
>>
File: clinton_laughing.jpg (10KB, 450x355px) Image search: [Google]
clinton_laughing.jpg
10KB, 450x355px
>>388165910
That image is genuinely incredible. I am going to repost it so many times.
>>
>>388171023
Already doing that, way ahead of you, i just dont know if there are alternate optimizations to this im not seeing, so i figured i would inquire
>>
>>388170220
enjoy your feminist dance therapy degree and your job at Wendy's
>>
>>388170668
You're the old uncle that buys booze and gets interested in what the kids are up to nowadays. Also a pervert, apparently.
Just accept your title and live with it.
>>
>>388171257
Jesus fucking christ but also kek
>>
>>388170668
>29
>not old as shit

Okay grampanon
>>
File: 1503362231545.png (1MB, 1013x754px) Image search: [Google]
1503362231545.png
1MB, 1013x754px
>>388171517
>also a pervert apparently
You have no idea m8.
>>388171574
Listen here kid, back in my day...wait. Fuck.
>>
>>388171452
>feminist dance therapy

Umm, it's lesbian dance theory sweetie
>>
>>388165149
>Mountain blade
You're a blessing in the skies
>>
Went to one a long time ago when I first started college, this was around the time Brawl came out in Japan. The head autist there had it all set up, I paused it once by to scratch my nose and he chimped the fuck out.

After that I didn't come back. The last time I saw them, they all set up a table in the hallway, begging for people to donate money to them in order to travel to Japan. Looking back, not returning was the best decision. That was the most cringe worthy group of faggots ever. One of them had eyeliner on, and teased his hair up in order to look Japanese.
>>
File: file.jpg (124KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
124KB, 600x800px
>>388171385
Once you get your acting chops, talk to your local student radio station about recording a few radio spots that you can also use in your demo reel. Do we many as you can, and do a variety of stuff, from advertisements to bumpers. Pick the best ones and send them in to talent agencies. If you're at that point, you can try something like fiver for some quick cash and exposure.
>>
>>388164262
>Dudes playing third strike
At least they weren't playing fucking Smash.
>>
>>388164419
Get off the meal plan as soon as you can, that shit is almost always bad. Living in a house with your friends is great, and groceries are way cheaper than the shit that they will have you do your first year.

Get on pleasant terms with your dormmates. They usually won't last forever as friendships since you'll eventually meet some people that have more in common with you (some exceptions, I know a few people that really hit it off with their neighbors), but they are what you have in the interim, and you definitely want to be all right with the people living around you.

Speaking of, try to take an elective in a field that is of personal interest to you relatively early on. If you're a weeb then consider a course in the Japanese language or culture or something, if you're into some genre of music then take a course in the history of that, or something in medieval occultism or whatever it is that floats your boat. Not only is it good for morale and motivation to have a fun course, but that's where you'll meet people who share your interests and probably personality.

If you have a crazy or stupid idea, go for it. Your friend is going to a midnight showing of a movie on a weeknight? Take up his offer. Want to try something wild and different with your hair? Go for it (at your discretion). As long as it isn't absurdly stupid or dangerous, this is the time to do crazy and fun stuff. You may not ever have the opportunity again.

Don't grow a beard, though. It almost always looks bad. If you aren't certain about the facial hair you're trying to grow, then just don't do it. If you can actually grow a FULL BEARD (no chinstraps, sideburns, mustaches, or anything else) then MAYBE. Clean shaven is still your best bet, though. I can't tell you how many poor saps I've seen with the absolute worst facial hair, especially in their first or second year.

Have fun
>>
File: 846738.png (395KB, 551x535px) Image search: [Google]
846738.png
395KB, 551x535px
>>388161091
>join /tg/ club first year
>go to first meeting
>game nights one night of the week for MTG and other board games
>everyone is also encouraged to join one or two roleplaying groups
>sounds like fun, get involved
>2 weeks later
>drop out of game nights because it's full of people who laugh at their own cringy jokes along with other autistic tendencies
>roleplaying group consists of: GM who is incredibly hotheaded and loses shit over anything that happens to him
>""""lesbian""""" tranny
>guy who smells and skips out half the time
>guy who is actually pretty cool but dropped the group because his grades were dipping
>eventually roleplaying group falls apart because it's just me, tranny, and GM every week
I'm done trying to make friends in college. I fucking hate everyone here. If they're not normiefag party-goers, they're autistic as hell. What happened to all of the normal people from high school?
>>
>>388172293
And that's another thing, why is it always fucking Smash (melee specifically)? I joined a gaming club during highschool, and went to the first meeting where they explained all of the games that they were going to play, and I thought it seemed pretty good. I brought in a of copy Mario Party, but the club admin said that they were going to play melee first, which at first I was fine with, I think melee is pretty fun. But then literally every single meeting after that was just the same autists playing melee until I left. 5 months later I wonder what they're up to, and lo and behold, they're still playing melee, and all the other members who aren't meleefags left. This gave a good idea of what "gaming" clubs really were going into college.
>>
>>388161091
r u canadian?
>>
>>388172335

I'm not going to college as I am somehow gainfully employed, but thanks for doing this. You seem like a nice person.
>>
>>388171892
Ah ok, that sounds good, i'll absolutely do that, thanks anon
>>
File: 1498460095357m.jpg (53KB, 410x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498460095357m.jpg
53KB, 410x1024px
>every gaming autist in school plays smash
I just don't understand.
>>
>>388173124
Melee is a good game, but it's too confortable and familiar for a large group of people - and that's the problem.
>>
I feel pretty lucky that my school actually has a separate club for Smash, LoL, as well as a Tespa chapter. It's like a containment zone for autists of those types.
It does mean we don't have a gaming club, although there is Game Dev Club which does attract some idiots but the ones who actually make shit are cool.
>>
>>388173124

i dunno man, melee is some occult shit that i dont understand
>>
>>388173221
I appreciate it anon, you do too.
>>
>>388173042
>playing /tg/ with strangers
You have only yourself to blame anon.
>Where are all the normal people from highschool?
Doing normal people things you spaz, they're sure as shit not in vidya or MtG clubs
>>
File: k6t682.jpg (330KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
k6t682.jpg
330KB, 1280x1280px
>>388173042
They felt pressure to evolve and did. That's what I did, I dropped all my nerdy shit habits, starting lifting and fucking bitches. All my nerdy friends (in different U's) just stayed home and became hermits.

Challenge yourself and change. Start lifting and running. Life is a bitch and will punish you for not evolving.

Why the fuck am I on /v/? I love vidya but never even play anymore.
>>
>>388173624
I don't want to lift and fuck bitches. I want normal friends with interests other than partying.
>>
College clubs are sad. It's just full of people who take shit too far. You won't find normal people there anon
>>
>>388173305
Only autists like smash. Keep up anon.
>>
>>388173624

youre one of those tough love faggots but here youre right

sometimes i seriously think i am an addict
>>
File: 1498506928624.jpg (61KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498506928624.jpg
61KB, 960x720px
>>388161091
I made the mistake of going to an anime club on my campus
>First day of the club
>Guy gets up and asks everybody to say who they are and their favorite anime
>One guy says One Punch Man and goes "ONNNE PUNCH"
>One other says Madoka Magica and several grils start squealing loudly
>I said Welcome to The NHK
>We watch one episode of a show I can't remember and I never come back.
>>
>>388161091
>video game club
>literally all smash and pokemon autists
>turn 360 degrees and walk away during first meeting
>engineering club
>everyone plays a fuck ton of games and are genuinely friendly
>no smash autists
Really tingles my neurons
>>
>>388173624
>Why the fuck am I on /v/? I love vidya but never even play anymore

You just answered your own question my man.
>>
>>388164308
Let your nuts hang a little, Anon.
>>
Don't go to a gaming club or an anime club. You'll only find nerds who don't know how to socialize, not normal people who happen to like gaming. Try joining a STEM related club, and make friends with people there. Chances are some of them like nerdy stuff but are still functioning humans.
>>
File: 1489275297570.jpg (1MB, 1792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489275297570.jpg
1MB, 1792x1200px
>>388173697
I rarely partied. I was still the same awkward faggot underneath, but you'll be surprised what happens if you just look the part of a bro.

look up the "halo effect". If you look good people assume you're a normie and will accept you, even if you're an awkward nerd (like I still am underneath my mask).

>>388173829
I was very depressed and sad for the first half of undergrad. Having normie roommates who parties and had lots of sex while I played CoD Black Ops 1 freshmen year changed me. I knew I had to change. I wanted what they so easily had.

Second half of undergrad I was mostly the same but looked the part and everyone loved me (I ended up being really good looking once I dropped 50 lbs and gained muscles lol). Now I am getting my PhD in the sciences and just work all the time and hate my life. I'm going to quit soon and make mad bank (PhDs are paid the same as grocery store employees).

Have some ass.
>>
>>388173829
Also I swapped two vices (vidya/MTG/nerd shit and food) for one vice (pot). Not a good move for everyone, but it worked for me. I kept my motivation, work ethic and grades even while smoking for hours erre day.
>>
>>388161091
I would take this as an opportunity to make some normal friends and not gaming weirdos. I imagine you get enough of that browsing this place.
>>
>>388174281
shit that never happened but in losers dreams for 500 alec
>>
>>388174425
A wild Abel has appeared
>>
>>388174531
keep telling yourself that change is impossible and you'll make that prophecy self-fufilling
>>
>>388161091
>smash
stopped reading right there

this is so fucking true. All they do is play smash. Every single one of them.
Except our sister college. they actually have variety and go to tournaments if they do play competitive games
>>
>>388163401
A retard like you won't make friends anywhere.
>>
>>388161091
Thankfully, I had heard about the average gaming club through /v/ and avoided them like the plague.
>>
>>388161091
just iterate through clubs, its better than wasting away on this shitty board wondering what would've been.
>>
File: 6f5.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6f5.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
How do I make friends in college when everyone is in their own little group already?
>>
Bad clubs are everywhere, even back in high school.

>Check out vidya gaem club
>Fulla weebs playin' Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Smash
>Club also loves animu
>Furries everywhere, and the smell
>MISSION ABORT

Better route:
>Take Culinary elective
>Learn basic kitchen skills
>Join culinary club
>Use skills creatively
>Become president of club
>Git gud
>Continue cooking into adulthood
>Make the panties gush

Get out of your comfort zone, sometimes it's a blast and you get something back.
>>
>>388174425
Sounds like you turned from a hermit to an insufferable human. People never seeing you vs not wanting to see you.
>>
>>388164419
make sure to have a real major (STEM/law)
only make friends with people in real majors
don't join any clubs
>>
File: redmage.png (1KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
redmage.png
1KB, 220x220px
>>388164387
reminds me of the archery club

I just want to shoot arrows not be bossed around by retards with whistles.
>>
>have a small inner circle of people who play fight games every week
feels good. organized gaming clubs usually are trash
>>
>>388174908
What makes you come to that conclusion?

You're probably right. Nonetheless my advice of "evolve, or fall behind" is still correct.
>>
>>388174908

Hey pal, there are a lot more stoners than you think. Like, a fucking lot. Can't really understand why that triggers you so hard.
>>
>>388161091
Fuck clubs. Just go to shows.

Also, fuck going to blind parties.
Can you believe people actually pay an entrance fee to stand around in a backyard while everyone is inside busy getting sweaty and trying to dance to trap music but failing because it fucking reeks in there? At least at a backyard show for a band you've never seen you'll probably like the music and for the socially-inept of you there's something everyone can talk about after the gigs.
>>
File: 1472203818738.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
1472203818738.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>>388161428
>>388163251
instead of the 4$, you should have given him your anal virginity, like the fag you are
>>
>>388169893
Don't pay massive amounts of money to aimlessly drift through a university
>>
>>388174859
fuck i wish my high school had a culinary class that sounds dope
>>
>>388171257
>>walk in on the host and some twink literally assfucking in a mating press
things that never happened
>>
>>388161091
>college begin
>music major
>break jaw
>can't practice, so might as well make friends
>find nerd club
>board game, dnd, magic, life is good
> get talking with glorious leader
>"yeah there used to be a gamer club and it died. if someone just got some signatures they could restart the club and use school money for gams."
>Fuckin' I can't get some god damn autographs for money
>restart gaming club
>Much Gam
>smash, bullet hells, DDR, happy wheels, life is awesome
>sorta quiet chick starts to show up
>BOOBS/10
>find ourselves talking about tenga eggs
>angels.mp3
>continue club for a couple years
>pass the reigns on to someone else.
>getting married in october.

college clubs are pretty cool. Though I must admit I wish it was as clean as this green text makes it sound.
>>
>>388174004
>not saying LotGH
>>
>>388169893
>Join a student program that sets you up with resources (SSS, EOPs, etc.)
>see a career councilor
>ask to be involved/volunteer with associate students
>take a career-counseling class
>talk to professors after class
>take fun electives
>make the funnest elective/general ed class your career
>make social media and follow groups on campus
>get a job on campus
>get into the music scene in your area
>go to sport events
>just hang around the smoke area (if they have one)
>yes, go do these things alone if you have to. Just go up to people and say you're new.

i don't really know what to tell you man.
>>
>>388175106
A culmination of all the posts
>Desperate for attention from peers
>Change most aspect of their life just for them
>Drops a hobby they claim to "love"
>Replaces it with a literal drug rather than just having enough willpower to play in moderation
>Playing CoD of all things in college and claiming you were an outcast
How the fuck is it "evolving"? You're literally just changing your entire being based on the people around you to fit in. You could've made friends and your own social groups if you actually gave enough of a shit to do all of that. You literally took the easiest way out you saw
>>388175107
I don't give a shit that it's weed, but claiming you needed to drop one activity for the other is retarded for someone who claims they can do whatever with enough will.
>>
>>388161091
at this point you should realise that there's something wrong with your perception of reality - get rid of games and start working on your body / social skills / whatever that will bring your confidence back
>>
>>388175830
I don't really understand your logic. Are you saying that changing as a person isn't natural? Can you clarify what "evolving" and growing as a person actually means to you?
>>
>>388175440
>music major
>cant continue because of broken jaw
what did you play man
>>
File: brawlclub.jpg (115KB, 1160x612px) Image search: [Google]
brawlclub.jpg
115KB, 1160x612px
I better not be the first one to post this /v/.

FUCK
>>
First and only LAN party I went to in high school everyone just played CS all night. I got one guy to play a couple rounds of UT but that was it. Was boring as fuck and ended up sleeping through the second half.
>>
>>388176106
He is saying a person doesn't have to drop 'nerdy' stuff altogether in order to better themselves. It's all about moderation and becoming a complete person.
He is criticizing you for just swapping vices and obsessions while you lost your identity for a perceived in-group. You have do both. Geeky/nerdy/anime related stuff while working out/being successful/etc. It's all about moderation.
You haven't learned anything. You haven't 'evolved'. You just ran away.
>>
>>388164262
looks like /vg/ to me
>>
>>388161091
Why is Smash such an autism magnet? I have NEVER met a normal Melee player and I know a lot. I've met more well adjusted Dorf Fort fans then fucking Melee fans
>>
File: 1482000948943.jpg (85KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1482000948943.jpg
85KB, 680x680px
>>388176298
>rock paper scissors when smash ball appears
>can't keep away the other player when he gets knocked off the stage
>a bunch stages are banned

Can't a game of Smash just be fun instead of this competitive crap?
>>
>>388176209
the meat flute
>>
>>388174662
ive changed alot over my 52 years alive but i never went on a random image board and bragged anonymously to other anonomos users
>>
>>388175209
Holy shit this

These kinds of parties are fun when you're a freshman but by your second year you realize how absolutely disgusting they really are. What's worse is if you live in one of these shithholes and your either forced to drink until you pass out or just suffer through the godawful music and drunk retards.
>>
>>388176106
A natural growth due to your own ideals, morals, and taste. It's not like your ascend to a higher being or grow extra limbs or some shit. Doing it for vain reasons is change, sure, but you probably have other issues that lead to the line of thinking like "this specific group of people isn't paying attention to me, better change my entire life to fix that". What happens when the next group of people doesn't like you? Dropping what you like was entirely unnecessary and the root of my problem. I know plenty of people who lift, or run a business etc and play vidya no problem. You're meant to be your own person, not an empty mold for people to influence so easily.
>>388176639
This post pretty much nailed it
>>
>>388176298
>if the supermajority votes
Right then he confirmed himself as a pretentious cocksucker. Supermajority just means "more than a majority", so you need to specify how big of a supermajority.
>>
I joined a video game club in middle school, we had a lot of games but we only ever played guitar hero 3 or street fighter 4
Good times, I miss that club
>>
>>388176639
1. I am not the same anon
2. After re-reading the quote chain I both think there is validity in what you say and that the meathead anon comes across as somewhat of a tool. However I still perceive his "evolution" as a positive change, at least for him. Pretty clear that he was frustrated with the hermit lifestyle that he and his peers were appropriating and being a developing college student, felt the need to change as a person. Some people end up not being very passionate about their former hobbies and become much happier with new found discoveries.

Do I think that OP should drop his love for vidya in favor of narcotics and becoming /fit/ just for the sake of fitting in? No, and I don't think that anon does either, as he stated that it wasn't for everyone. I think the bigger picture here is that he ended up being one of those people that grew out of something he in hind-sight perceived as menial and in retrospect not a definitive part of his life. It's what typically happens in college--you figure out what you actually like, don't like, want to do, don't want to do, etc. Maybe OP is going to do the same. Maybe not. It's not really advice but rather a warning for what may or may not happen. And overall I find that to be an appropriate theme for the thread.
>>
>>388164419
Bring 4$ in case you get in a fight.
>>
File: fellowkids.jpg (88KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
fellowkids.jpg
88KB, 900x720px
>>388165149
are you pic related?
>>
>>388177792
God I want that shirt
>>
File: Lc4uJsg.png (727KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lc4uJsg.png
727KB, 600x600px
>>388177391
meathead anon here
>It's what typically happens in college--you figure out what you actually like, don't like, want to do, don't want to do, etc. Maybe OP is going to do the same. Maybe not. It's not really advice but rather a warning for what may or may not happen. And overall I find that to be an appropriate theme for the thread.

Nailed it.

And I find validity in >>388175830
>>388176639
but I exaggerated a bit. I was still playing vidya and MTG and the whole time in undergrad, they just weren't (and aren't) my life anymore. I started doing more and finding what I love. I'm only grumpy now because grad school fucking sucks so bad.
>>
File: 1502099150688.jpg (3KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
1502099150688.jpg
3KB, 125x116px
>>388177792
Nah, I'm more crotchety because I drink too much. I just want to play games with some bros, that's all. They kind of her weird around the chick though, since she's not a landwhale, still only a 5 maybe a 6-7 dolled up. I'm sure they'll have some sort of passive aggressive contest over who gets to fuck her finally, but I don't give a shit. There's a blonde I've got my eye on a few doors down, shares an apartment, came asking me to help her figure out how to lock her door.
>I just don't get it anon, I can't lock it from the inside and then walk out! It's locked!
>mfw
>put key in deadbolt from outside and turn it, locking door
>she gets super red and I tease her a little
I'm going to take her out this weekend God help me. Great legs.
>>
>>388178672
Get it in!
>>
>>388174004
Popularity fucking ruined One Punch Man
>>
File: 1497376533020.gif (1MB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
1497376533020.gif
1MB, 350x270px
What are your majors, /v/?

Mine's Film.
>>
>>388179694
Hope youre a jew
>>
>>388174004

thats when you say something like Cool Devices. as its old enough you can claim artsy
>>
File: banana mag.png (489KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
banana mag.png
489KB, 640x960px
>>388179694
Graphic Design, Illustration track for the Bachelors for Fine Arts (basically I can draw bretty gud).
inb4 "hurr durr retard art major"
Graphic Design is basically mirrors Art, except you actually USE it for multiple things and turn coin doing it. Actually got a job as a cartoonist and work along with study.
>>
>>388179694
comp sci
>>
>College is about an hour away
>Classes end at 5
>Going to meet some guy at his house an hour away from school (2 hours from me) to buy steel battalion at 8
>if I leave school, I'll just have to immediately turn around to make it
>Decide to check out the :gaming club:
>first impressions are OK, everyones obviously socially retarded
>walk into the middle of a smash bros tournament
>playing the Wii-U version, I don't even know, 4?
>haven't played Smash Bros. since melee
>Someone adds me to the tournament bracket
>Literally have no idea what to do
>Look up smash 4 strategies on my phone while 2 wii-u's do faggoty 1 on 1 shit.
>Tell my first opponent I've never played this shit before in my life
>His shit eating grin quickly fades
>Crush him
>Not even fairly, it was so disgustingly one-sided once I figured out teh controls
>end up winning the tournament and getting the "prize" of some fucking gay amiibo's.
>Give it to the literal retarded guy who came in last and go get glorious steel batallion
>Never go back

I heard them shit talking me to one of my friends who went the other day. Apparently now they have a screening process for "new applicants"
>>
>>388179694
Accounting. I'm afraid about automation in the future rendering my major useless. But for now, I think I'll be okay.
>>
Are the clubs really worth it? I perused the facebook group for the gaming/anime club, everyone seems pretty normal.
>>
>>388164563

A few tips (although I'm not an amerifag):

Don't study for grades, keep a lot of time to do some ACTUAL studying, like doing your own projects, learning programming, keeping a gym regimen. Only care about grades if you are 100% sure you want a university career. Don't, unless you find a project with a massive grant that will result in patents or some shit.

>>388164419

ABSOLUTELY join a sports club, doesn't even necessarily have to be from your college, a good martial arts dojo will also be fine.
Only consider other non-sport clubs if they have some sort of recognition and real goals/projects (robot construction, choir that goes to competitions, etc.).

>>388170220

Don't listen to this faggot, STEM is good. Engineering is tough but gives you a relatively stable career.
>>
My only experience with a gaming club was seeing a girl with a Bernie bumper sticker on her laptop begin to freak out while the president said "please don't do this here!", and the obvious smash fags who couldn't even interact with a new person joining them. .
>>
>>388161091
>Goes to game club to "make friends"
>Silently stares and judges everyone
>Acts like a complete sperg
>WOOOW GAME CLUB WAS TERRIBLE I'LL NEVER MAKE A FRIEND THERE
>>
>>388164419
Socialize with people, make contacts, fill in your linkedin. Best way to find a job is to be friends with a ton of other college graduates so when one finds an opportunity he can leave the door open for you.
>>
File: nabiki4.jpg (83KB, 622x1141px) Image search: [Google]
nabiki4.jpg
83KB, 622x1141px
>>388161091
I never understood wanting to meet new people and have more obligations in your life. If I could just be left alone in my room from hours after I get off work, it would be true bliss.
>>
>>388169498
>Not starting one and becoming the king of losers
>>
File: 1502126183942.gif (95KB, 251x173px) Image search: [Google]
1502126183942.gif
95KB, 251x173px
>go to college for less than half a semester
>have to leave because of accident
>have been neet for nearly two years with no work experience
>don't want to go back
what do I do for the rest of my life that doesn't involve college or a degree
I don't have any interests I want to pursue or motivation
>>
>>388171452
>>388175013
Hey, don't undersell business-oriented degrees.
There are so many things that will always be needed simply for the system to function, such as accountants and CPA firms to make sure the accountants are doing their jobs right.
>>
>>388182578
get a job that pays enough for you to pay rent and eat and just watch your life waste away
>>
>>388182578
About in the same boat as you. My major didn't pan out, can't find any work, I'm thinking of going back to college and study something else but I have zero motivations and interests. Inertia's a bitch.
>>
File: IMG_0461.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0461.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>388179694
Also a film major
>>
Ik this is unrelated but join my clash royale clan I need new members that are active clan is triiibe #RUJ2GG
>>
>>388165036
I've heard the same exact thing in more detail from an autistic new yorker once.
>They go to the anime club because they like anime
>Anime club is okay but there is a lot of interpersonal drama of "she said what?" and "I can't believe HE did..." etc
>Otherwise mundane
>But there is a section of Anime club that plays video games in the corner
>Eventually more members are showing up just for that
>President tells them to stop
>They instead leave and form a new video game club
>Video game club gets popular
>Video game club meanwhile has its own split, some want to play more games in general like D&D and whatnot, while others want to keep it pure video games
>Game club is created
>Prez of anime club is jealous that all of those potential anime members are being stolen from the gaming clubs
>Video game club is now also intensely mad at the gaming club because those were THEIR members and they needed to come back
>People start infiltrating other clubs as ranking officers and removing people, vetoing ideas that go against one another, etc
>Eventually the school has to look into things because they found out that one of the treasurers for I think the gaming club was starting to embezzle funds from that club and secretly transporting them over to the anime club
>But it turns out the anime club guy was just stealing the money
>All three clubs are in an uproar

I remember when I was told this story that I was intensely terrified at how much this reflected our political state.
>>
File: 1493329153671.jpg (54KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493329153671.jpg
54KB, 540x960px
>>388182578
Find an entry-level job and do what you can to perform well and try to move up.
Save up money. Use 70% of what you earn on immediate needs like food and bills. Save 20% for short term goals, like a new PC or console or something. Save 10% for long term goals, like a car, holiday, or emergency fund.
Buy everything with a credit card, but always pay the full debt at the end of the month to build your credit score. Years of building your credit this way will eventually allow you to take out a loan and start a business when you become old enough to want to settle down.
Just keep in mind that getting a decent education makes this shit go a lot faster and makes it easier to reach financial goals. You don't have to be interested in it, even really fundamental shit like a course in Microsoft Excel opens a fuckload of doors for you.
>>
File: 1485077536989.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1485077536989.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
>tfw final year of college

It's bittersweet, anons. It's the start of a new school year but it's over in 8 months.

I don't have many regrets and enjoyed it all, I hope all you underclassmen and juniors have a good time. Make some friends, enjoy some parties, and remember to get off /v/ once in a while.
>>
>>388170548
Oh you only watched up to episode 2. I'm at the latest episode, and it gets worse. After episode 2, they literally drop ALL pretenses of gaming and it turns into this soap opera that is built on nothing but misunderstandings after misunderstandings after misunderstandings. I'm still watching it because it's a fucking train wreck.
>>
>>388171878
>I paused it once by to scratch my nose and he chimped the fuck out.
In fighting games, its instant disqualification if you pause the game. There are various reasons for it, most of them psychological, some of them physical. But that's hilarious that he flipped out at you like that. Seriously, EVO wasn't even big until 2015 when streaming became a thing.
>>
>>388161091
i failed out of college
>>
>>388173483
It's a simple formula. The game has all of your favorite characters right off the bat, so you can choose who you want immediately without having to base it on looks and praying that their story and voice acting aren't garbage. You even know their play styles ahead of time because of how the game functions.

Then, you have gameplay which is very easy to master, and rewards time and practice for the "good" players, with a bit of variance and luck to rewards the middling to low-tier players to keep things interesting. Combine that with the fact that the "high" tier players came up with a set of rules specifically to make sure that they do better, and you have a game with a low barrier of entry that rewards autism with characters that don't extend outside your comfort zone because they're all childhood mascots.

It's the perfect game for a fedora-tipping autist to believe that he is valuable somehow.
>>
>>388185271
>very easy to master
I don't think you've played melee
>>
>>388182606
I really don't think of business degrees when I shit on non-STEM degrees, but you're absolutely right that it's much better than a gender studies degree or whatever other bullshit. I wouldn't specifically talk shit about a business degree.
>>
>>388183998
>take out a loan to start a business
motherfucker I don't even know how to wash my own clothes or have the motivation to get out of my bed ever and you think I'm to somehow pull myself together to do shit like that
>>
>>388185767
You're overestimating the amount of effort it takes to start a business. The kind of loan you can take out after 15-20 years of building credit will let you hire people to make all the difficult decisions for you.
>>
>>388185961
Not him, but if it doesn't work out won't my entire life be fucked?
>>
>>388185961
you're underestimating how fucking stupid and dug into a hole I am, there's no way I can figure that shit out or find the will in me to want to
I'm not even sure if I'll last another decade without committing suicide at this rate
once my parents can't give me a place to live anymore I'm out of all options
>>
>>388184269
I'm actually still watching it. I'm just dissapointed about the bait&switch.
I don't even knw why I keep watching it. It's not even good; it's pretty average and it's irritating that the whole premise rellies on everyone being collosally retarded and no one even trying to have an honest conversation with one of the conflicting parties, even when they are all friends.
>>
>>388186216
My favorite misunderstanding of this cosmic-horror of a mess is the fact that the guy suspects that a weak-ass nerd is secretly dating his girlfriend, and says literally nothing to clarify or stop this to either party. I suspect the author is a huge virgin, because ANYBODY seeing their own girlfriend doing something that looks outrageously like their friend going on a romantic date with them would immediately confront them, not mope around like a wimp about it.
>>
>>388165149
Why are you in college at such an old age anyways?
>>
>>388179694
nursing

kill me.
>>
>>388186438
Not him, but I'm 28 and I just barely finished an Associates degree I started at 25. It's just the old saying of "It's never too late".
>>
>>388186492
How bad can it be? Respectable job but it will probably drain everything out of you.
>>
>>388186075
The trick is knowing when to quit.
You use your loan to start things up and get the gears turning. You hire people to make the business decisions you don't know how to make. When the value in your business reaches a peak, consider setting it up for a takeover by a bigger company to make a profit. Best case scenario, if you keep it rolling long enough to build a huge value, you'd be set with enough money to relax the rest of your life, and even have enough left over to give the next couple generations of your family a decent life. Worst case scenario, yeah, you have to dig into your own pockets to pay off the loan. But there is next to no way for this to happen if you hire the right people, which is easily done with the kind of loan that 10+ years of credit building will get you.

>>388186201
This is so far down the line that you shouldn't be thinking about it so much. This is retirement shit. For now, focus on finding an entry-level job and saving money.
>>
File: 1497865331280.png (794KB, 947x644px) Image search: [Google]
1497865331280.png
794KB, 947x644px
>3 years into college
>lose motivation and intereat for medical career and hate it now
>growing more interest in I.T field
>no cash in bank so taking fall off for fulltime job
>have to swith degree plans and retake some basics
I feel like such a waste, its really depressing wasting all those years and the money for nothing. I dont even know if college is the right thing anymore. I need help.
>>
>>388186985
i did three years and dropped out of something i ended up hating
spend 2.5 years as mostly NEET working a few shitty jobs.
gave me the motivation to really get back into literally anything else and just finished my 2 year program.

just pick something else career-oriented rather than academic.
>>
>>388186985
Feel the same way anon. Did 3 years of college then one day didn't show up for class again. Haven't even gone back to the school. Pretty sure I failed all those classes since I didn't drop them. Working a good paying job, but in a field I'm not interested in. Sister suggests I go back to school and finish "just to get the degree", but I see no point in it and have no motivation to do that.
>>
Ahhh, you young 'uns and your clubs and American way of staying at college instead of home and everything.

I member, back in the year of our Lord of 2002 when I entered college. You came there for a boring lecture, had a cup of coffee with some people and went home. There was little to no clubs back then and people just did their own thing. Always wondered if I were born in burgerstan if I could have had it differently since I made literally no friends, or fuck, even acquintances in university and I am a social creature more or less. Still all my friends are from highschool and before. I do miss the good old days. Before the wife, before a job, before responsibility. Enjoy it while it lasts anons. Not that being in your thirties is horrible, but different.
>>
>>388186985
Fuck getting an IT degree, to be honest. Pick up a book on getting your A+ and Networking+ certification, and once you have those, you will be OVER qualified for most entry level IT positions. Then you just mooch off of the pro's knowledge and learn what they can and work your way up through the ranks.
>>
>>388174281
Is this man ass? I need to know if this is man ass before I save it. It is a nice ass regardless
>>
File: jXI5V5q.jpg (508KB, 1280x1079px) Image search: [Google]
jXI5V5q.jpg
508KB, 1280x1079px
>>388161091
>give him 4$ from my wallet

I really hope this is bait, because if not you are pathetic.
>>
>>388186492
Your job will never be automated.
>>
you're supposed to join an Esports Gaming club, that's where all the normal, functionally social people go

why the fuck would you want to make friends with more autistic people? you make friends with peers that will help you improve your life, not make it shittier.
>>
File: 1493746668855.gif (3MB, 377x283px) Image search: [Google]
1493746668855.gif
3MB, 377x283px
>>388189810
>Esports Gaming
>normal, functionally social people
wew
>no one plays anything besides League and Overwatch
>they just scream when they die and form premades to "troll"
>>
>>388164419
>Only join sports clubs
>Your major/degree does matter
>So does GPA
Go to all events you are invited to. Seem as interested in social activities as possible when talking to other people.
>>
>>388169498
>lain
>>
>>388170659
Don't do this, I'm 22, never went into college and still have 0 idea what I'm gonna do.
>>
i tried out the gaming club my first year, complete nintendo autism fest
i'm going into my third year and i'm gonna try the tabletop club this time, i want to play some dnd, hopefully it's less autistic
>>
>>388190837
>22
That's still pretty young in the grand scheme. I didn't figure out what I wanted to do until now (25) and am still planning on doing schooling. Trade schools and internships are always an option too depending on field
>>
>>388191187
Worse than that, I've turned into a complete shut in. Even got the autismbux.
>>
>>388191365
>Even got the autismbux
Honestly that's a bit better, at least you have some kind of supplemental income to make up for the no college thing. Think about working like 1-2 short days a week somewhere easy, it'll help with the shut-in part by a lot. Assuming this isn't due to actual sever social anxiety or something.
>>
>Join college gaming club
>Every week a member has to bring a game to play
>Start to set ourselves challenges such as turns each after each death of dark souls, person who died nominates weapon to use, etc
>All become best bros
>Start to do insane challenges taken from youtube, heavily into speedrunning
>One week, one of the team tells us he is going to transition
>Starts to wear makeup and dresses, wants to be called Amelia
>Soon after, another does the same
>Then another
>Then another
>Then me
>Stop playing games at club
>Becomes 18 trannies all sitting in a room crying
>Start a Twitch and a Patreon to pay for our surgeries
>All of us get our dicks cut off on the same day
>Ask the hospital if we can keep them
>Get them taxidermied
>Mounted as trophies on the club's wall
>Form a suicide pact
>All of us kill ourselves by drinking bleach
>>
File: wojak2.png (461KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
wojak2.png
461KB, 5000x5000px
>>388191686
I don't think I'm gonna make it
>>
>>388191706
the death of kotaku?
>>
>>388179694
Mathemagic
>>
File: rei4.png (502KB, 564x660px) Image search: [Google]
rei4.png
502KB, 564x660px
>Join the video game club at uni
>They're all mouthbreathing Nintendo autists
>Some dude wrote memes all over the white board
>I still had 2 hours before my college bus arrived, so I just played Dark Souls 3 on some dude's PS4 for a while
>Never went back again
What is it with these clubs that attracts such spergs?
>>
>>388192185
>Nintendo autists
>played Dark Souls 3
Glass houses, etc.
>>
>>388190068
lots of good colleges and universities have college sponsored Tespa clubs, what school did you go to?
>>
>>388192185
this isn't even that bad. this is what the gaming club at my uni is about: "esports". aka a bunch of faggy neckbeards who think they are good at gaming and only play shitty mobas and are assuming they have enough time to go pro in the e sports scene all the while combining uni. luckily im not going to nor did i ever want to join. i already made a nice group of friends, some of them are party crazy and some of them are as autistic as i am. so for the first year im all good. second year im definitely going to join a fraternity.
>>
Do colleges at states have any kinds of events for the new students? Pubcrawls, outdoor activities that force you out of your comfort zone, stuff like that? Making friends doesnt get easier than that, some alcohol helps everyone lower their guard.
>>
>>388193334
hey dude are you a dutchie? because i just did that very same thing at my uni during this introduction week.
>>
>>388161091
There's 2 groups
>total normies who play CSGO, LOL, DOTA and Overwatch together
>smash players
The only girls there are with their boyfriends in the normies.
No joke every single one of them was hit on by each one of the smash players at least once.
>>
File: IMG_0996.gif (67KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0996.gif
67KB, 500x272px
>No gaming clubs when I went to school
>Nobody in my class was really into video games
>My best friend who started later and was a grade below mine had all kinds of after-club activities where they'd play Amiga and tons of people in his class had gameboys
>My parents wouldn't let me get anything but a Commodore 64 to play with alone at home

You might call all these gaming clubs autistic for having Smash players, Otaku and Furries, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>21
>Starting college in 2 weeks

Was planning on hitting the gym on campus and getting /fit/. Also has a boxing club that I'm thinking of joining.

Do I have a chance at making friends if I do that, or should I join another club or something?
>>
>>388195858
Just go to every event that is aimed at new students. You'll have loads of fun and break the ice with people.
>>
>>388195858
boxing if you want to do something fun, practical, and get strong. but don't expect to make many friends unless you are already really social. aka if you don't make friends on the campus itself you wont make any by doing boxing.

so instead do a team sport. probably by far the easiest way to get a tight circle of friends who even though they might be different still all like each other. also when doing a team sport don't join one of those "muh we're aiming for the olympics teams" you will get fucked if you make the smallest mistake/ also lot of dieting and no beer for you.

anyway tips for sports are, football(soccer), basketball, volleyball, baseball.
>>
>>388179694
Computer engineering
>>
>>388196189
>>388196361
Thanks for the advice anons. I'll look into another club.
>>
File: 1442014713163.jpg (47KB, 620x371px) Image search: [Google]
1442014713163.jpg
47KB, 620x371px
>>388161091
>tfw only like single-player games
>tfw your favorite single-player game goes co-op/online
>>
File: 1481316559835.jpg (150KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481316559835.jpg
150KB, 960x540px
>>388177704
>>
>first week of college
>check out gaming club with classmates
>cramped and kinda dirty room
>two consoles: one with a regular playing a single player game, other has two regulars playing a fighting game
>there's a bunch of lan computers so we play a round of starcraft
>regulars tell us to keep it down
>we finish and leave
A year or so later the gaming club was kicked out. The room was sanitized and converted into a board game room. Had lots of fun there
>>
File: lil simp.png (37KB, 146x170px) Image search: [Google]
lil simp.png
37KB, 146x170px
Britbong here, are fraternities an american thing? Is it like a society but you have to get fucked in the ass to join?
>>
I went to gaming club once but it was pretty spergy. Nice enough people though.

>>388197662
Always confuses me about American uni. Seems a lot chiller in England.
>>
>>388197662
Potato nigger here, would also like to know this.
>>
I went to a similar thing a little while ago
I tried talking to people and making friends but they weren't really having any of it and it was clear they just wanted to stop talking to me
Maybe it was becuase I was new, didn't know them too well or maybe I'm just boring I have no idea.
>>
>>388197662
>>
>>388198472
I don't know what you're implying with that image lad. Going into my first year of uni in a couple of weeks; my understanding is that a society is a club where you meet people of similar interests, and a fraternity is? I've literally only heard about fraternities out of gay porn, american shows and david cameron fucking the pig or whatever
>>
>>388198813
probably just a bunch of posh cunts like those eton guys but with more bud lights
>>
>>388165149
Living the dream anon, good on you
>>
Threads like this are why people should lurk.

Either people would realize this is pasta or they would've seen threads like it over the years and known not to go to game clubs.
>>
>>388194909
Okay, grandpa
>>
>>388169893
Accounting.
>Easy
>People already have this thought that accounting is boring as shit, so jobs are in demand.
>Junior accountants start at 30-40k
>Can get up to 100k+
There you go. Easy mode.
>>
>>388176792
>Why is Smash such an autism magnet?
-It contains all the autists and manchilds favourite characters, mario, sonic, etc
-It's a manchild's fanfiction dream "dude imagine if mario and Ganon fought OMG"
-Autism mastery is the only way they found to make the game relevant for themselves, they had to establish rules and overly complexify everything in and around the game to make it seem complex and deep. ( i could create a competition of throwing peanuts into a bowl make stupid ass complex rules, calculate trajectories angles and shit wrist movements, but at the end of the day it's still throwing peanuts in a bowl)
>>
>>388161091
>>388163302
Dude, just learn Guitar and look for a band! Spineless Coward, giving some guy 4$
>>
>>388173124
THIS.
EVERY. FUCKING. GAMING. CLUB. PLAYS. MELEE.

The game is fun for a little but gets so fucking boring. Bro how fucking cool would it be to have a Mario party night with a group of guys? Or Mario kart? But no, MELEE.
>>
>>388180715
I'm taking accounting too. And don't worry, we won't be automated. The first to be automated will be floor working grunts. Don't sweat fellow accountant anon.
>>
>>388193684
This.
>New gaming bar opens up in my town
>League tournaments and Overwatch tournaments
>Also smash tournaments and other fighting games.
>I went for Overwatch once.
>The smash players were unbearable.
>The looks made me cringe
>They smelled like shit
>They would wear edgy shit like a mask or gas mask
>Overwatch guys were dressed nice and groomed.
>All smelt great.
>Smash kids watched my team vs. Other team in the OW 3v3 finals
>Called out our picks everytime and the enemy team was able to counter because of that.
>Lose finals.
I want to fucking kill them. We would've won but these fucking children don't know tournament etiquette. Ffs.
>>
>>388200409
>>They would wear edgy shit like a mask or gas mask
What the fuck?
>>
>>388200409
I saw the thread you made about that a few days back, couldn't you get the kids to fuck off or get a repick? I would be so pissed if that shit happened to me
>>
File: 1482861656398.gif (794KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1482861656398.gif
794KB, 500x446px
>>388200409
Talking about gaming bar, i visited one of those in france once, everyone just took turns on the computers to play online mobas and overwatch; the console corner was constantly occupied by smash players
>play a bit of smash and win most of the games, start to get bored
>find a couple of dusty guitar hero guitars lying around
>finally all the years i wasted playing this stupid shit i get to show off in public
>in a few minutes half the bar stopped playing on pc's and start taking turns playing gh, asking me to teach them how to play

it was fun
>>
>>388200695
>>388200804
Not him but have you ever dealt with smash players ? they are generally a gigantic bunch of smelly fatasses, they are obnoxious noisy, weirdly fucking dessed and don't listen for shit, in those types of locations( e sports bars and such) they are generally outnumbering everybody else when they come so it's really hard for them to even let you talk let alone trying to move them out.
>>
>>388164387
>or thinking about any other possible paths they could take in life.
There ARE no other paths unless you are and are content with remaining a working-class pleb. Pro-tip: this is probably the case.
>>
>>388170220
Listen to this guy, you should be worried about locking yourself into an okay-paying job just because STEMfags say you should. If you have any ambition you'll realise most actual jobs just want you to have a first class respectable degree (i.e. no women's studies, but biology or history is okay).
>>
>>388174779
t. social retard
>>
>>388202194
This, I made good money with my own business and i didn't really stay too long in college.
If you have no ambition and want to be railroaded fucked in the Ass, and have a ugly STEM girlfriend then yeah follow what the majority say, otherwise make your own path it's more fun and rewarding.
>>
>>388161091
manamajef
>>
>>388202670
fuck you
>>
>>388161091
Good gaming club in any shape or form almost don't exist.
If you are over 20 gaming, you better look for normal adjusted people who happen to play video games.
>>
File: 1497927186898.png (530KB, 647x671px) Image search: [Google]
1497927186898.png
530KB, 647x671px
>>388179694
I was for philosophy but im thinking in something else..I dont know what
>>
File: 1488537713137.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488537713137.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>New workplace
>average looking girl already working there
>talking to another staff member(way older, just being polite and listening), she mentions vidya, mostly weeb shit but I've played a little bit of it and can probably shoot the shit about it
>busy
>go to chat after shift ends
>she's talking to the other employee again
>explictly describes her participation in what I have been taught to accurately identify as furry OC on deviantart

Guess all I can do is talk /o/ with the other old cunt working there
>>
File: 1479086321221.jpg (160KB, 828x686px) Image search: [Google]
1479086321221.jpg
160KB, 828x686px
>college didn't have an anime or video game club
>drop out when I realize college is a joke before accumulating too much debt
>Ironically, I'm the only one of my friends who found a job working in the field they were studying after leaving school

Feels good man
>>
>>388161091
I'm the guy this faggot gave money to, next time don't bother coming unless you buy food and drinks.
>>
>>388203403
>dont live in america
>finish university, without any debt whatsoever, even if i took a bit longer
>get good job

Feels good man
>>
File: 1503103902065.gif (154KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
1503103902065.gif
154KB, 248x203px
>>388203763
this
>>
>>388200695
Looked like this. Made me fucking have to leave or I'd laugh out loud.
>>
>>388203127
I was for history + Chinese but I want to do philosophy but I also want to do history aaaaaa
>>
>>388203336
My gfs is a deviantart artist furry shit but she likes vydia and memes so its alright
>>
>>388201142
This. Before a match I was practicing flicks with mccree so I could get warmed up. Three came up behind me and we're like "Ooo don't miss Oooo DON'T SCREW UP!". When you're in these clubs or bars, it's the only place the kids feel they have popularity or power. Outside they are nothing so they'll abuse it while they have it. I also said "Are we going to pick this tournament up next weekend?" As it was 1 am and I have a job and the mask kid said "What's wrong? Past your bedtime?"
>>
>>388204617
the bowser jr mask?
>>
>>388181097
>>388190689
What if I'm terrible at sports and hate them?
>>
>>388180710
>shit talking me to friends
Losers always do that. It happens so often in gaymer circles.

My story:
>I played WoW retail on this expansion and always tried to help people out, in my guild.
>Eventually out-gearing everyone by simply pugging because guild was so shit they couldn't do anything.
>Guild gets jealous at my gear ilvl and that I'm getting every achievement.
>They berate me for being late to a raid I initially said I couldn't attend
>Even tho I explained I had to drop another compromise to be there for them
>Guild leader understands because he got to play a LOT with me on mythic dungeons, so he knows I'm not a cunt.
>still people just bitch all the time
>I leave guild
>A friend later comes back into WoW and says they keep telling him I was a stuck-up cunt who was impolite to them on the clock.

Online communities and people so dettached from social norms will always be cunts. I think I used to be one myself - I still get depressed thinking over it... Will the feeling of being a failure for half my life ever go away, I wonder?
>>
>>388161621

have some fucking pride man
>>
>>388199225
Where the fuck can you get 30k for an accounting job. Most accounting jobs are disappearing because of software that does your accounting.

Accounting has as much future as trucking does.
>>
>>388205890
Table tennis, that's what I'm going to try.
>>
I don't have much of a story, not really worth greentexting.

But the gaming society at my uni is a real mixed bag, with a core group of friends who started the society and a few outsiders (mainly East Asians). The Asians sit around playing CS:GO and Fallout on their laptops, a couple have been known to bring full tower PCs, while the friends alienate everyone new by acting weird as fuck.

My first time attending the society the overweight girlfriend of the president of the society started playing HuniePop and got everyone to gather around and watch. You would think this being a British uni, banter would ensure, but for the most part she just played the game while 5 or 6 twenty year-old men stood around her in silence. I was sat across from them and their collective panting made the air around the table noticeably warmer. When even she began to get grossed out by what she caused she just kind of closed the game and the guys returned to playing Minecraft. The session ended with us playing Cards Against Humanity which was all right though inexplicably a couple people got offended while voluntarily playing a game that is intended to offend (it should also be noted that our uni has a table-top gaming society so it was weird for the video game society to do the exact same thing, even weirder that it was the only fun I had all night).

The second time I went they spent the majority of the session in an unannounced "meeting" to discuss beef between the administration in the group. I was expected the weigh in about my "feelings" towards the vice president (who I had heard had been acting like a knob) despite only being once before and never meeting the guy. I found out he was so vilified because he decided to spend his friday nights with his girlfriend instead of at this shitty gaming society, some normie shit but he was far more hospitable and pleasant than the other members of the society when I met him during that session, especially given the circumstances.

[cont.]
>>
>>388197662
Frats are where you pay $500 a semester and spend the first year getting raped/harassed/being a bitch. Then you are a member and you do that to the new pledges. Basically you pay money to make friends and get girls drunk at parties to fuck.
>>
File: 6.png (240KB, 428x456px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
240KB, 428x456px
>>388161091
>IT course
>everyone's a sports-obsessed chad, nobody plays vidya
>get bullied from day 1 and even worse than high school to boot because you can tell just by looking at me i'm not a fucking chad
>see ad for gaming club, maybe i'll make some friends there
>nobody playing anything but LoL and DotA2 tournaments, and refused to try anything else
>"fuck it guess i'm flying solo"
three years later i dropped out
college is fun
>>
Join a sports team instead

a lot of chads are actually closet nerds
>>
>>388161091
Your mistake was trying to join the club. Join a sports club, use the gym a lot (if I'm paying for that shit in my tuition, might as well use it) and study. Don't join a video game club anon but go there once in a while when they're holding a tournament or something and beat their asses cause they're probably bad at vidya anyway. Seriously, if you get /fit/ and show up, those autists will actually cower and be off their game, allowing you to beat them with ease.
>>
>>388206431
Wouldn't it be easier to make connections or just go to parties with your flatmates? And that's coming from an awkward manlet
>>
>>388206324
Canada. There's also plenty of other jobs you can get with an accounting degree such as financial analyst, Book keeping, Budget analysts and financial advisers. You're not stuck to just accounting but junior accounting jobs in Canada usually start around 30-40k annual.
>>
>>388185434
And here's the fedora-tipping autist like anon said.
>>
>>388205871
Coulda been, I'm not up to date in the mask department.
>>
>>388206415
[cont.]

He was made to step down as vice president and the new vice president was, would you believe, the overweight girlfriend of the president. This session ended with a nerf war, and again it should be noted that our uni has a "campus games" society specifically started to fill the niche of things like water gun fights, nerf wars, campus zombies, etc, so for the second time VG society just copied another society. My phone was running low on battery and the only socket was coming out of a gap in the floor (see tiny pic related) so I had to plug it in. Near the end of the session in the heat of nerf combat the most enormous guy I have even seen stepped on my phone charger, immediately breaking it. Fortunately my phone was perched perched on a chair so it avoided his deathly stomp, but really he should have looked where he was going. He was a close friend of the person who invited me so that and my politeness stopped me from getting pissed off, though I did leave early.

I never went back to the society, mainly because of the cuntiness of the president and his GF. It felt like one of those situations where these people were likely bullied at secondary school and college, so resentfully started a society at uni as a means of possessing some type of social status or power. Most of the people at VG society hated every other society, including campus games, D&D and table top, which would explain why they just copied those societies instead of just attending them. Most of all they hated anime society, which you would imagine would be infinitely cringier but the people at anime society were actually lovely, which only made VG society look even shittier.

Basically tl;dr I wouldn't recommend it. At uni if you have trouble finding a group of friends and/or socialising, I would recommend going to a variety of societies, even if you don't know anything about it.
>>
>>388205890
The whole point of the club is to git gud at sports anon. You don't have to be good at the start. And learn to get out of your comfort zone. You will only benefit from it
>>
>>388207307
forgot pic

Also adding to my final point, the nicest people I met at uni were from D&D society, and that was mainly from the good character they showed when teaching me how to play D&D.
>>
File: 1487233373587.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1487233373587.png
80KB, 211x244px
>>388200409
>Talk shit about people.
>Surprised when they fuck you over.
Sounds like karma bit you in the ass mate. You deserved it.
>>
File: djs_like_a_mad_cunt.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
djs_like_a_mad_cunt.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
>Start college, feel kind of awkward about it because I'm 23 and everyone around me is younger
>See there is a smash bros club, and some old friends told me it was the shit when they went to this college
>They're hyper nerdy but only play and like smash bros and some of them are overly gay
>Try to get over it but it's just not cool and they don't like going to the parties on campus or drinking or anything
>Nothing they say or do is something I find funny and I'm just sick of exchanging pity laughs
>Stop going to smash club
Then
>Meet this dude who had some mutual friends of mine from High School Debate
>Invites me to play monster hunter with him
>fuckyeah.jpg
>We meet on the third floor of my dorm and he seems like a pretty chill guy
>Starts talking about how hard he wants to fuck a freshie
>Excruciating details about his gross sex life with a gross chick from my debate at my high school
>All of this while we're hunting a Black Diablos and his felyne is named Inuyasha
>We literally just fucking met
>For months he would message me about wanting to play more MonHun
>"I'm swamped man, sorry"
I later found out he was known for being very rapey during his freshman and sophomore years.

Best thing that happened though.
>Not making many friends, Second semester started and I'm still usually eating in the cafeteria by myself
>Only close friend graduated already
>Dude named Levi invites me over to the frat house for a poker night
>"I don't know shit about Poker" trying to get him to leave me be
>"No worries, we'll teach you, there'll be beer. It'll be fun"
>Head over
>Have a great time getting really lucky at Texas Hold 'Em
>It fucking worked
>I ended up joining the frat
>Have a group of friends that is always down to play a little bit of Normie vidya, get drunk, get weed etc.

Started college at 23, first semester I made zero friends, I actually tried during my second semester and even joined a frat and ended up loving it. Don't do it if you don't wanna though.
>>
>>388207804
Did you read the post? Or are you a smash player taking offense by association ?
>>
>>388207804
Thing is the OW players were nice. There was no rudeness towards the smash kids from the OW players. They were just annoying/smelly dick heads.
>>
>>388199482
>Bro how fucking cool would it be to have a Mario party night with a group of guys?
It's always fun until you actually start playing, then you start to hate each other and you unanimously decide to unplug the controllers to keep from killing each other because of a chance time gone wrong.
> Or Mario kart?
Same shit as above, except instead of chance time fucking you over, it's a blue shell.

Melee is a more honest game when you get down to it, which is why more people play it in comparison to Mario Party or Mario Kart.
>>
>>388208219
mario party is more fun when you're all drunk, while melee is a lot harder to get into
>>
>>388208154
>>388208171
It just sounds like the dude was talking shit about people and then got offended when they decided to fuck him over.

Or do you honestly want me to believe that he was """"completely"""" innocent in all this when the entire story is being told from his perspective?
>>
>>388208427
>mario party is more fun when you're all drunk
Not really, especially when one of your friends is an angry drunk and another friend almost dies from alcohol poisoning.

I know from personal experience.
>>
File: 57927.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
57927.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>>388161091
>a chubby girl and a black kid are playing sonic adventure 1 as big the cat.
>>
File: 1493585530164.png (34KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493585530164.png
34KB, 240x240px
>>388164419
Vidya/Anime/whatever only on the Weekends. I'm serious, focus on finishing your class work during the week and focus on socializing with peers in your Freshman year. It's hard as fuck making friends with people in your senior year compared to becoming friends with dudes in your dorm.

As someone who ran his college's gaming club for a year and regularly attended their film club and sometimes the anime club, check out the film club. It's a free movie each week and you get to riff on the movie if your group is cool with that. Vidya club is worth it if you wak in and the crowd is playing stuff other than Smash Bros/ASSFAGGOTS/Overwatch. If you show up with a Gamecube/Wii and stuff like Double Dash/Mario Party/F-Zero GX/Custom Robo then you'll definitely be the favorite. Find cool party games that are 4+ players and suggest them to the guy running it (Become good friends with him even if he's a tasteless fag. If you become head of the club whenever he graduates you have the chance to reform the club into something that'd actually be worth something other than a faggot convention)

Anime Club isn't worth it in the long-run as 90% of the people there will either be casuals or fujos who squee at everything. Go the first day and get a taste of the crowd and ask yourself if these are the kind of people you want to associate with during college. Hang out with anyone that namedrops any good shows you like though.

If your school requires you to take certain courses (Like one arts, one science, one history, whatever) do that shit in your Freshman year. It's better to get those out of your way than trying to fit them in your last year along with your thesis or whatever.

If you feel the need to fap and you've got roommates cross-reference all of your schedules so you know what hours they'll all be out. You'll be labeled a creep if you fap with them in the room while they're asleep and you'll be an even bigger creep if you get caught fapping in a bathroom stall.
>>
>>388208523
He didn't even say anything about interacting with them prior to the match
>>
File: IMG_4284.gif (1MB, 255x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4284.gif
1MB, 255x203px
>>388161091
>expecting good things at a gaming or anime club
You set yourself up for disappointment
>>
File: giphy.gif (490KB, 167x250px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
490KB, 167x250px
>>388208523
Would you like me to get security footage from a small esport bar in BC?

The Overwatch kids, my team especially only talked strategy amongst eachother or went out and got food. We never interacted with the smash kids because we had no reason to or felt like it with the exception of one who was a friend. They were loud as hell and would watch the Overwatch games and critique everything. Though I can't attest for the other OW teams interaction with them, my team didn't talk to them at all. Sorry buddy, your melee Fandom is cringy and degenerate coast to coast.
>>
>>388161091
Keep looking. I've met several great people from my college club. Most people are obnoxious spergs, intolerable, or boring, but I waded through it and spotted interesting people that shared my interests and sense of humor
>>
File: award_winning_manga.png (2MB, 2072x1494px) Image search: [Google]
award_winning_manga.png
2MB, 2072x1494px
>Join a fraternity
>People are interested in talking to me because I lived in Japan for 3 years
>One dude pulls his phone out near me
>Notice his background is from Neon Genesis Evangelion
>He gets fucking excited
>Tells me about all the anime and manga he's into
>Show him all my pictures from Tokyo and Okinawa
>He asks me if I want to check out the anime club with him
>I tell him straight up "Dude, trust me, you and I won't want to go to that."
>I teach him about how to hide his powerlevel
>Sometimes he'll ask me before he buys "subtle" anime shirts
>I've probably saved him from ridicule at least 10 times
>Normal looking dude, honestly reminds me of when I was his age, kind of like a little brother to me now

He's a great kid and a good friend of mine, but nigger you can't go around with a blonde loli vampire bumper sticker on your car.
>>
>about to go into my junior year of college
>Still have no friends
Honestly, I'm pretty happy. I go to class, head to the library, get my homework done as fast as possible then head home.
I find it relaxing. Plus I have other friends so I don't need to make any at college
>>
>>388208659
Because that would make him look unsympathetic and ruin the narrative that smash players are horrible if they were provoked into it.
>>388209046
If you're going to claim innocence on a Bosnian throat singing forum, at least try not to act defensive when your bullshit starts to stink.
>>
File: 20170203_181426.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_181426.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>388209097
>nigger you can't go around with a blonde loli vampire bumper sticker on your car.

Coawrd.
>>
>>388161091
>oh cool a gaming club, i like video games
>go and they're playing tabletop stuff
>LARPing, D&D, board and card games
>teacher shepherding everyone is a fucking loser geek
>get them to install warcraft 2 on the computer lab PCs
>we start running 8-way LANs, FFA
>I've actually played the game before so I dumpster everyone with lusted ogre magi, tower rushes, etc.
>they start ganging up on me, forming alliances cause none stand a chance alone
>beat them anyway cause they're toal noobs
>next session
>chillin and watching them play D&D cause it might be cool to learn
>edgelord in trenchcoat comes up behind me and puts me in a headlock
>pass out cause he did it correctly
>"haha anon, I learned that the other day"
>never go back
>consider shooting up the club
>>
>>388164419
3rd year college here. If you're talking about being sociable and making friends you gotta be confident. People are more likely to ignore your flaws if they enjoy talking to you. Don't come off as an autist or a dick. Be the kind of person you'd want to talk about.

Something I did that got me a lot of conversation was go to the designated smoking area with a lot of people, and smoke cigs with them. For some reason those people are always looking for people to talk to. Some of the nicest people I've met I've met in the smoking circle. But if you don't smoke already and don't want to start then don't do that. It's a bad habit and I hate it. But I'm addicted now.

Learn to let things go and relax. A lot of shit is going to happen that you can't control. There's no use stressing over it. It's done. Nothing you can do but move forward. If you're late to class don't sprint the whole way there and make a scene coming in. Just accept the fact you're going to be late and keep walking. You're more likely to fuck something up if you panic. HOWEVER if you're going to be late for a final or test you should get there ASAP.

There's thousands of things you're going to learn at college, especially if you live in campus like I do and in a big city, thay don't have anything to do with class, but rather life itself. Take everything as a learning experience. Don't think you're above anything. You learn a lot just by paying attention to your surroundings and actions.
>>
>>388173042
Conversely my experience with the /tg/ club I attended was pretty good, much to my surprise.

Even managed to enjoy quite a few different campaigns using a bunch of different systems and made some not-so-close friends.

These kinds of things are always a crapshoot, though.
>>
>>388207858
I do need to go back to school but I feel it'd be awkward considering I'm about to turn 30.

I just don't think I can take anything anyone below 24 says seriously...
>>
File: #raught4.jpg (15KB, 261x199px) Image search: [Google]
#raught4.jpg
15KB, 261x199px
>>388209385
what the fuck
>>
>>388161091
>first year of uni
>go to vidya club with a fellow compsci autist
>only thing there is rocket league on some guy's pc
>everyone sitting around talking about league/dota/csgo
>typical redditor types and autist weebs
>we leave and go hang out with some chads that we knew from lectures
>find a qt bf while drunk
>qt bf plays quake with me regularly for the rest of the semester
Gaming clubs are a meme, just go out and meet people.
>>
>>388165149
Well yeah everyone loves you, you bought them booze. You're a plug. You're different. They love you because you buy them things they cant.
>>
File: 1502785434170.jpg (41KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
1502785434170.jpg
41KB, 600x606px
>>388209342
There's no bullshit kid. I know its hard ro realize everyone in the gaming community fucking despises you NEET melee playing loners. Sorry you can't come to terms with your shit stain Melee community being an embarrassment. The melee faggots were whiny fucks and totally took over that esports bar. Nobody attends the OW tournaments anymore because simply being seen walking into that place is defaming. OW kids now just go to elan or regular bars. Keep defending your literal goblin men pal.
>>
>>388209603

If you're close to finishing or you know exactly what you want, totally do it.

I'm 24 now and I'm pretty jaded about who I talk to or hang out with at college, but I still hit up bars and have work friends who are cooler. Don't let the age thing bother you so much. I know you've probably heard this a million times but this day and age it's not unusual for people your age to return to college. Whether it be due to financial issues, jobs requiring further education, or coming back from military service.

Also, you don't have to deal with shitty teenagers if you don't want to. Who gives a fuck what a kid born in 1999 thinks? lol The funniest friendship I have with an 18 year old is he gives me shit for being older than him but I always ask if his Mom would hypothetically date a 24 year old. He gets so butthurt, it's great.
>>
>>388209737
Scariest moment of my life.
Never let people fuck with you, anon. Could've caused brain damage.
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (356KB, 1214x1239px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
356KB, 1214x1239px
>>388210097
>>
>>388209280

Anon, come on now.
Do you have any idea how easy it is to get your dick sucked in college?
Childhood friends are not going to put out for you.
>>
File: 1499707201360.jpg (20KB, 520x425px) Image search: [Google]
1499707201360.jpg
20KB, 520x425px
>>388209603
I'm approaching 30(pic related).

I've worked exclusively with people aged over 50 for the last four years of my life(tradie), but people just starting out their 20s aren't so bad.
Well, like any age-group, they MIGHT not be so bad.

In general they're pretty decent actually. Honestly people up to and slightly over 40 are all kinda the same, they watch the same shitty television and play the same shitty mobile games. Though I'd argue younger people actually happen to know more on a wider variety of topics, usually because they're better at consuming information more quickly.

And of course you can find the rare individuals that surpass your expectations.

All of this shouldn't matter though, most of the people you interact with should be pleasant, but not to the point of wanting to associate with them on any deeper level. The deviations between age-groups don't change this very much.
>>
>>388210110
>I know you've probably heard this a million times but this day and age it's not unusual for people your age to return to college. Whether it be due to financial issues, jobs requiring further education, or coming back from military service.

So much fucking this, personally i'm still going for my post graduate classes and i'm 26 and working, life is not a race do shit at your own pace.
>>
>>388210407
I'd rather focus on my schoolwork. It's a commuter campus anyway, no one has any particular attachment.
>>
>>388210641

Oh, well that's fine. Should have said that sooner.
>>
I'm a super-oldfag(36) here, so I don't know if my experience will mirror yours.

Back in the day, you kinda hung out with all the nerdy people, regardless of what niche they were in to. This was mostly because there weren't enough people in the super-specific corners of nerdom to constitute an entire club. So, what happens is, the largest group of commonality makes the group, and this group, was the anime club. Anime club was essentially a place for nerdy people to get out some sexual tension, unless you were the grossest of motherfuckers, you were gonna get some.

I dunno if that's changed since it's more socially acceptable to be a nerd, but hoooooly shit, when I was in club, I could have my pick of women there(my favorite was the girl who came dressed as Etna for the Halloween party.)
>>
>frogposter is fucking retarded and has to join a club of socially retarded people to try and nake friends
Color me surprised
>>
>>388161621
You don't deserve friends you spineless faggot
>>
Never joined a club since the only club for nerd shit at my college was Graphic Novel club. There was a public game room where people would hang out and play stuff so I spent a lot of my last semester hanging out there since I had extremely long breaks.
Usually just played whatever people were bringing in since most people either didn't know how to play fighting games or just button mashed. Brought in Persona 4 arena basically so this one other guy and I could do a bunch of sets since no one else knew how to play any fighter that wasn't marvel 3, smash 4 or a netherrealms game. Still had a lot of fun just arguing about nerd shit with people.
Just don't act like a sperg or go on and on about your favorite shitty game and you won't be the worst person in existence.
>>
>>388190837
>>388191365
You becoming a fuck-up has nothing to do with not going into college early, it's because you spent zero time doing anything worthwhile or pondering.
>>
>>388164419
hit the gym
>>
>>388204917
When I read stories like this, I'm genuinely unsure if the kids acting like dickheads were bullied too much, or not enough.

>>388209385
>never go back
>consider shooting up the club
You really should have. Better yet, find out whatever club he learned that from, and let them know one of their dickhead members is going around doing headlocks to randoms. Proper martial art clubs don't appreciate members 'showing off' like that, especially if it cause brain damage.
If he didn't learn it from a club, he probably just watched a video on the internet, so you can legit kick his ass normally. He probably learned some 'super secret 100% ninja technique' off a YT vid, but can't throw basic punches or kicks for shit, and will go down after two hits to the face.

>>388209552
>Something I did that got me a lot of conversation was go to the designated smoking area with a lot of people, and smoke cigs with them. For some reason those people are always looking for people to talk to. Some of the nicest people I've met I've met in the smoking circle. But if you don't smoke already and don't want to start then don't do that. It's a bad habit and I hate it. But I'm addicted now.
I second this. I don't smoke, but I'm used it from my father smoking inside the house all the time, so hanging out with smokers tended to be much better conversation than randoms at the bar.
>>
>>388206801

Fraternities are different at every college.

My college is super relaxed. Only a little assfucking. I'm kidding. You do have to pay a fee but it's mostly to help the chapter(your fraternity on your college campus) financially stay up. You can of course make friends at parties or with flatmates! However, being in a fraternity makes it so that you can connect with other people in other fraternities all over the globe.

I'm part of Delta Tau Delta and I've made friends with people all over my state. I'm able to crash at other people's frat houses if I'm ever looking for a room and some places are just plain beautiful. One place in Washington won a fucking settlement or some shit and got like 800,000 bucks, so they have this mansion looking ass place. It's awesome.

But some places are more harsh than others towards freshmen and new pledges. The saying is "One year hell; 3 years hotel".
>>
>>388210716
I'm also not a big fan of getting my dick sucked
I uh...kinda prefer the other way round
>>
>>388164419

>do all your homework and studying in the library or coffee shops
>save 4chan for the weekend
>make friends with asians

everything else is optional
>>
File: oh_shit_im_sorry.png (291KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
oh_shit_im_sorry.png
291KB, 500x335px
>>388211496
>>
>>388211496
>Dickvore

Too hardcore.
>>
>>388211617
stop
>>
>>388161091
Not your fucking blog. Kill yourself, newfag.
>>
File: sadkermit.jpg (26KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
sadkermit.jpg
26KB, 480x480px
>>388209378
wtf
>>
File: cozydog.gif (499KB, 300x193px) Image search: [Google]
cozydog.gif
499KB, 300x193px
>finished Secondary school a year and a few months ago
>did some shitty course I wasn't interested in in community college, dropped out after two weeks
>sporadic low skill labour jobs on building sites and one in a chocolate factory since, but only worked for a combined total of maybe 1 and a half months
>haven't gone outside in days
>temporarily living the comfy NEET life since my last job a few months ago
Only thing that's fucking me is my chronic fap addiction and crippling boredom a good portion of the time while browsing the chon all day. It's a 7/10 life.
>>
>>388161091
High school club where all they played was fucking brawl
Friend got banned from tournaments for "spamming" falcon lasers
what he gets for being a fucking falcon main
>>
I only went to the gaming society to play fifa, the rest were autists playing smash.
>>
File: 3ds-iwata-stache.png (95KB, 428x299px) Image search: [Google]
3ds-iwata-stache.png
95KB, 428x299px
Oh yeah? Top THIS.
>First week of college
>Go to college at 21
>Room with 3 other dudes in a tiny cheap room
>2 bunk beds
>Decide I want to be an A+ student and be super sociable
>Go out of my comfort zone to make friends with everyone I possibly can, greeting them and their parents
>One guy gets bullied and I go along with it
>Eventually I defend the guy, apologizing too
>Everyone apologizes as well, seeing as how I did it
>I start getting called the leader of my group
>Get called "Jesus" and "Leader"
>My ego gets fucking huge
>Start hitting on every girl I meet
>Get like 30 numbers in 2 days
>Get numbers of every friend I meet and add them in my phone
>Make friends with this social outcast who gives me a hug talking about how he's never had a close friend before because he was homeschooled
>People start following me wherever I go
>Everyone wants to hang out with me
>I get invited to hang out and get calls every hour of the day
>School does some welcoming act in the Quad
>Stage Hypnotist
>I volunteer to go on stage
>I get hypnotized
>I fall off stage
>My friends help me up
>"I... I'm alright"
>I get to my bed, unable to sleep
>The next day, I feel weird
>Go on a date with one of the girls that texted me
>It's really romantic as shit but I cut it short because I start feeling odd
>I get to my room, I'm starting to see things
>I start getting incredibly paranoid and start hearing things
>Friends start to notice odd behavior
>black out
>Slowly fade in and out of consciousness
>Apparently I went to my first day of classes in a fucking 90s as fuck looking bathrobe
>I'm starting to freak out all of my friends
>I get taken to my room by one of my good buddies
>A room packed with 30 different guys I made friends with from the start, some crowding around the door of this small room
>"Rod. We're worried about you. We want to know what's wrong. You were being so awesome at first but now...we just don't know what's going on."
>Wake up again in a mental hospital
videogames
>>
>>388212550
>baby's first bait
>>
>>388161091
My game club is a competitive one where people only play League or Smash. They don't play anything else there nor do they really take interest in anything that isn't those two or maybe the occasional counterstrike, so after two meetings I never went again. It sucks but what can you do
>>
I wont lie, i met most of my friends from college just from classes with them and talking. Sometimes the professor forces the the entire class to 1 on 1 talk to others and you can meet new people no matter how antisocial.
>>
>>388213063
>smash
>competitive
anon I...
>>
File: 1503612474859.png (178KB, 540x399px) Image search: [Google]
1503612474859.png
178KB, 540x399px
Whats the difference between a college and a university? Why do Americans call it college but Brits call it university for example
>>
>>388161091
Use ganon
>>
>>388212857

Nope, the stress and anxiety triggered a psychotic episode. Shit sucked.
>>
>>388213170
It's what it was called. They even got a few sponsorships for gaming gear because the club was pretty decently sized compared to the others at the uni (100+)
>>
>>388213279
Same thing, but people like to make the distinction of a junior college/community college, a "2-year program" where you get your associates degree and finish your GEs with just some tinkering in what your major might be, and a full on "4-year program" university where you can either transfer from a JC/CC and focus on your major or do your GEs there while getting your bachelor's degree.
>>
>>388161091
I recently went to a smash tournament type thing at my uni. Had Melee and 4. Got 9th in Melee and 3rd in 4 being double eliminated by PR.
>>
>>388179694
International Relations.
>>
>>388213279
University's in the states are larger with many different colleges
college is just the common term for post-high school education in the US
>>
File: 1478653347885.jpg (118KB, 1100x698px) Image search: [Google]
1478653347885.jpg
118KB, 1100x698px
I honestly wish we had clubs and shit in my country. College is just an extension of high school, the only activities you have here is attending some talk on communism or joining a pseudo political party.
>>
>>388213279
the entire institution is the university and it is made up of multiple colleges.
>>
>>388196667
I feel you my dude. multiplayer/online components have ruined so many of my favorite series
>>
File: 1487047387329.jpg (44KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1487047387329.jpg
44KB, 663x579px
>1st year of college
>heard theres a gaming club with good amount of people
>mfw its 20 people playing league
>>
>>388163431
Just tell him to fuck off, you're not going to get detention anymore for telling an aspie to go fuck himself, you're an adult, this isn't highschool anymore.
>>
How do people balance club activities and class work?

I'm thinking of joining some clubs when I go, but I'm scared that my schedule will be too crammed.
>>
>>388213357
Are you doing well now, at least?
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 493x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 493x637px
>tfw went in for computer programing and design
>working with a dysfunctional team that changes the scope every ither milestone
>finally finished a virticle slice for a game
>havent played a vidya all year
>still planning on working on it so we can show it off at pax despite having completed the degree
I think I chose the wrong career
>>
>>388214814
The type of people to join clubs are the type of people who have literally zero social life. People who join clubs are incredibly boring to be around.
>>
lol at americans and their clubs, why dont you drink booze and fight like normal men
>>
>>388215160
because you can pay them $4 to not fight
>>
>>388164419
As a recent STEM graduate who hasnt found work in 4 months because MUH EXPERIENCE, I've a few things I've been looking back upon
Be friendly in team projects, volunteer to do work, and make a positive impact upon your teammates: this is how I made friends in later classes.
Introduce your friends to eachother, and that's how you form a study group of good people to work together for classes and study
Besides having people to talk to about a class, all classes are are just putting in the time and effort to do homework, complete projects, perform labs, fill out the lab reports, and cram for exams. Everything will go fast and you'll be reaching Midterms before you know it, as you'll soon start counting the weeks until the end of the semester.
Also, find an activity outside of your major: I played in the Marching Band, which is a decently close family, so they were people I eventually roomed with.
Additionally, I also played DnD with some of my friends after I switched out of CS: it gave me a good, weekly chance to hang out with friends and enjoy some creative fun (take up DM if no one wants to--it's a great learning experience)

Never EVER skip class. All it takes is one "I'm tired" to set you down a bad path. I had 5 straight semesters of 8:30 classes and I never missed a single one. Was I entirely awake during all of those classes? No, but at least I was there to take notes and have something to refer to.
You get out of college what you put it. If you want to dick around and have fun all the time, that's good for you, but you also need a degree and a good work ethic at the end of the day. That's not to say you should sacrifice elements of your social life (you gotta pass though), but just learn the appropriate times to have fun versus work.
"Saturday nights in the library is where champions are made" -Me
>>
File: ay gurl wanna fugg.jpg (18KB, 202x275px) Image search: [Google]
ay gurl wanna fugg.jpg
18KB, 202x275px
>>388176298
There's a group picture of these guys floating around somewhere. I only cropped one for a reaction image
>>
>>388214910
Yeah, meds and all that jazz.

Now I'm back in college at a different location.
>>
>>388179694
Civil Engineering
Because going out to a highway and taking concrete samples is much more enjoyable than sitting behind a desk and programming all day
>>
>>388176298
>We have collectively determined that these characters are unfair and ruin the game's fun
>half of the rules are straight up no fun allowed
>>
>>388214814
Sleep less
>>
>>388179694
Journalism, or as we've taken to calling it, Ministry of Truth.
>>
I kinda get what people say about Smash players. I'll say that people that are considered the best are generally more tame than the randos. There's some really annoying people at times though, and the loudness kinda gets to me sometimes
>>
>>388179694
History with politics
>>
>>388179694
Landscape Architecture
It's really fun
>>
>>388216021
>>388176298
>>388176823
There's a reason why the Brawl community died when Sm4sh came out.
>>
>>388172335
Best advice in this thread
>>
>Have like thirty dollars to my name, been looking for work for months in the Comp Programming/Web Design fields
>Cool guy I worked with on a project in college lets me know that a hardware store he's working with needs somebody to help him with the backend, pays 13 bucks an hour and is part time
>The place is fourty minutes away by car but still good, I have one more course to take before graduating and I can do this in my spare time
>Go to talk with the owner, learn that it's 12 dollars an hour (not 13) and it's full time instead of part time, but get two hours off to attend my last course
>Also waiting on an offer from another company that my brother works at
>Go to hand in my application to the hardware store because I'm poor as shit, tell them that I'm putting the application in but can't fully commit to the position until I've considered an offer from this other company
>Owner tells me "You have a job right here... and you're still looking at other positions? We have to put you in for a drug test and a background check, each costing hundreds of dollars, plus training, and you can't fully commit to the position?" as if it's my fault that they've created a system where they spend a shitload of money on somebody before they hire
>Totally embarrassed, apologize, they say to come back when I'm really serious about the position
>Look up drug tests/background checks, tests cost about 30 bucks and background checks cost about 5-10 dollars, so he's either overpaying a shitload on prospective new employees or lying straight to my face to guilt trip me
>Brother's company gets back to me, says that they can't fit me in
>Hate my prospective boss's guts but live in the middle of America where there's no jobs in my field working for 12 bucks an hour (probably more like 9 after taxes) and driving 40 minutes every day while taking my hardest course yet with a professor I hate
>>
File: uni gamer clubs.png (684KB, 736x623px) Image search: [Google]
uni gamer clubs.png
684KB, 736x623px
>>388161091
I actually used Paint for this
>>
>>388164419
Vidya only on weekends unless you're playing with at least two other people in person.
>>
>>388161091
Decided to go and see what it was like. They were all crowded around a TV playing Smash. When I introduced myself I was completely ignored, so after an awkward couple of minutes I left and didn't go back. I was the only female present. I understand why so I wasn't mad about it, just disappointed.
>>
>>388216845

>in person

This is so fucking important you guys have absolutely no idea.
>>
>>388216742
>hardware store
>drug tests
What the fuck? I work in a fucking hospital, surrounded by morphine and other highly addictive prescription drugs daily and i have never been tested.

Sounds to me like he's just dicking you around and trying to guilt trip you into taking it.
>>
File: 1490407290367.jpg (19KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1490407290367.jpg
19KB, 500x475px
Never join these clubs.
>second semester in university
>now that I'm acclimated to the campus, maybe I'll join a club
>6'4, not ugly looking, I always preferred keeping to myself and turned down a lot of invitations in high school
>maybeishouldreinventmyself.avi
>the anime club and game club are the same club
>join via email list, find first meeting time
>go to the meeting room
>open the door
>about 18 or so members
>they're all playing Smash
>one girl walks up to me
>probably has down syndrome, but trying not to judge
>asks me if I'm the new "nakama" for the group
>politely say that I signed up online
>end up sitting in the middle of a mass spergout about the most entry tier anime and games
>realize the whole group is filled with failed normalfags
>stay for an hour and a half before making my excuses and politely leave
>same down syndrome girl asks if I'll be back for the next meeting
>make a lame, "keeping it open" excuse, but I know I'm not coming back
>two weeks later
>my college email has 30 new messages every day asking me about whatever random thought crossed any member's head
>down syndrome girl is literally stalking me, clearly not dangerous, but it's still fucking stalking
>eventually talk to campus security
>ends up snowballing because they sperged out when security talked to them, even though they were just asking them to stop contacting me
>club gets shut down
>spend the next two semesters keeping my head down and sneaking to classes because a few of them are still there and I don't want any more attention than I already got
>>
File: 8LaoAWs.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
8LaoAWs.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>388209378
Still better than this abomination.
>>
>>388216742
Move to Seattle and get 15 working at McDonald's
>>
>>388217901
What's a failed normalfag?
>>
>>388218506
Spergs with normalfag tastes. Or someone who desperately wants to be a normalfag, depending on who you're talking to. In this case it's the former.
In hindsight, I brought it on myself. I'm perfectly fine with keeping to myself, but I fell for the "reinvent yourself in college" meme. Luckily I came to my senses and the worst I have to show for it was a really uncomfortable start in uni.
>>
>>388218506
Not quite a normie, not quite counter-culture. Opinions are mainstream or normal but they're a bit too autistic to be a proper normie.
>>
>>388180710
How? Smash never changes controls or anything. Play one you've played them all.
>>
File: 1503544920534.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1503544920534.gif
2MB, 500x222px
I chose going to a community college which my girlfriend goes to over going to a 4 year college. I just turned 19 and start on sep. 9.
Did I fuck up /v/?
>>
>>388186216
>>388186339
At this point the show isn't about games but the people who play them. The misunderstandings in this show are funny tho.
>>
>>388219165

Do your generals there, it is way fucking cheaper, but if you know why you want to do and need to have specific classes, transfer out after two years. Good luck with your gf.
>>
>>388219165
You could possibly transfer to a regular uni after two years or so if things don't work out.
>>
I ran one back in high school. We played a lot of Kirby's Air Ride and Melty Blood
>>
>>388219165
Not really, fancy degrees are literally fucking useless on their own, people want experience instead and you're more likely to get that experience through a community college because of shit like work experience.
>>
The anime club at my university had some "hardcore" marvel vs Capcom players. The guy who claimed to be their best ended up screaming at me and calling me a cheater for using an arcade stick and "looking up combos online." Where the fuck else was I supposed to find them?
>>
>>388169498
>be third worlder
>uni has NO clubs
Life in the us must be nice
>>
>>388219120
The physics changes drastically between each game, to the point where each one can technically be considered separate game from one another.
>Smash 64 has a ton of hitstun, so it's easy to 0-death people if you aren't careful with your approaches.
>Melee is heavier and faster than Smash 64 and capitilizing on movement options is more important than landing hits until you land a hit.
>Brawl is slower and floatier than Melee or Smash 64 and mastering the game boils down to picking Meta-Knight and winning via time-out since there's no incentive to be aggressive.
>PM is an amalgam of smash 64, melee, and Brawl with its own unique physics and mechanics thrown in for good measure.
>Sm4sh is slightly heavier and faster than Brawl but still slower and floatier than Melee and the game rewards aggressive and defensive play.
For reference, going from one smash game to another is like going from Street Fighter 2 to Third Strike, the controls are the same but meta is vastly different.
>>
>>388216742
He wants to fucc your boi pussi
>>
>>388219826
I think he meant like you just looked up strategy online instead of forming your own on tria and error. It's like if I who's never played a card game decided to play and immediately looked at the top tier decks and strategies and just copied and pasted. Artificial skill.
>>
>>388220194
Looking up combos doesn't mean much of anything if you don't have the skill to open your opponent up to land them and execute without dropping. Guy was just a salty bitch.

Same with card games. Newbies and idiots spend hundreds on top tier decks and have no idea how to pilot them, then get blown up.
>>
File: NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (351KB, 796x597px) Image search: [Google]
NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
351KB, 796x597px
>>388161091
Literally don't trust normies.
>>
File: 1501640725205.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501640725205.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>388164419
Entering 4th year here.

You don't need most of the stuff you're planning on bringing first year, unless you have some kind of medical condition.
Professors 9/10 times won't ACTUALLY need you to get the book. If they do, check the library or online before you shell out hundreds of dollars for a couple pages from a brick. Meal plans are generally not a good idea, but may be financially advisable as loans and college funds can usually go towards them instead of buying food out of pocket. Depending on your major, you may need to get good at writing essays and throwing together powerpoints the day before finals.

PRACTICE SPEAKING IN FRONT OF A CROWD/AUDIENCE. At the very least learn how to present a slideshow without reading verbatum off the slides and spending more time looking at the board than the class. My personal recommendation is that you memorize the content of what the slide should be about, then only have a couple words on the slide or a notecard reminder. Give people a reason as to why this should be a presentation, not a reading handout. I have strong feelings about this.

Most importantly, remember that everyone else is just as confused as you are. Adults are just older kids pretending they know stuff they don't. Don't stress too much if you get confused or lost somewhere. There are always resources to find what you need to get by. Stay strong, and good luck.
>>
>>388220194
If the other guy was beat by some literally who who's just painting by numbers from a post online he wasn't very good to begin with. If he was actually good he would have won regardless.
>>
>>388161621
You're supposed to just hit people like that.
>>
>>388219993
>wanting to hang out with autists and retards instead of finishing your studies quickly and going home

It's the opposite, really.
>>
>>388164419
Enjoying what you study is important but it's the degree at the end of it which is actually going to be worth anything so do research as to which subfields and careers in your chosen degree are growing and which aren't. Futhermore look around for internships as much as possible. Even if they're just shitty coffee making jobs I can't tell you how many people I know who were offered offered a position after they graduated at places they were interning at. Try not to burn any bridges with people and businesses you meet either as word spreads around and you never know when you could use a familiar name to get your foot in the door. And most importantly always set a solid day to do nothing other than what you want. Don't spread your work across the week as it'll make every day feel like a drag. Instead keep yourself locked to a rigid system of study and work and then feel free to do whatever you want on your off day(s). This will build discipline and ensure great productivity while maintaining your sanity and social life.
>>
>>388219165
I'm doing a 3 year accounting degree at college. Working as a junior for 3 years then going back for my Bachelors after I save some money. Don't sweat it, 2 year is cheaper and gets the general bullshit outta the way.
>>
>26 now
>have friends outside of gaming club
>they introduce me to gaming club
>people are incredibly awkward, but it's whatever, smash melee is everywhere
>smash brawl is everywhere (it was new)
>yigioh is being played
>bayonetta is being played
>stick with friend and meet some new friends
>find first fuck there
>crazy bitch, but pussy was pretty good
>eventually realize shes crazy and the room smells like hot rotten cheese after a few months
>the fuck am i doing here
>break up with girl and lose a friend in the process (some autistic shit "defending her honor")
>leave and move on with my life

yeah, that room was fucking gross as hell and everybody was fat, however, nobody was really antisocial. Helped to be high most of the time though.
>>
I similarly went to an anime club in my Junior year of college for some reason, expecting other quiet people like myself. I had somehow been away from anime fans long enough to forget they are the exact opposite of quiet. Everyone constantly shouting over each other in need of attention. The first meeting they had everyone go around the room and say their favorite anime, and I said Evangelion and Shin sekai yori, and the president literally said "Oh, one of these types" and rolled his eyes. The numerous people who said Naruto or One Piece were met with cheers. I never went back.
>>
>>388216845
This is great fucking advice
>>
File: 1468799146048.jpg (247KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468799146048.jpg
247KB, 1280x720px
When I first went to my college there was no gaming club, but the computer club would host LAN parties on occasion. Went to one once and it was a pretty fun and all the people were pretty chill. Had everyone playing LAN games, some console tournaments for fighting games, normal affairs.
Then closer to my completion at the college I found out some assholes got upset that the LAN parties weren't nothing but League of Legends, so they went off and made the "esports club", despite the fact that the computer club still hosted the LAN parties. I heard one time they tried to work with the esports club on a LAN party but they didn't do anything except fuck shit up and play League.
tl;dr: esports club ruined everything, fuck League.
>>
>>388175434
>t. person who has never gone out

This shit happens all the time in college if you are walking around and go out with people long enough.

I was hanging out at a friend's apartment when his gay ass roommate walks in and ruins the whole mood. Then some other gay guy walks in who is friends with someone else here and they both annoy everyone so we move to another room.

After a while we decide to go back to the main room only to find the two fags fucking with the door to their room open.

I mean shit, I fucked a girl on someone's lawn at a party once.

It happens anon and claiming it doesn't just proves how much of a shit in you are.
>>
File: seriously hoping.jpg (3KB, 125x107px) Image search: [Google]
seriously hoping.jpg
3KB, 125x107px
>Last year of Highschool
>Managed to hang out with the cool kids and start to become a normie
>Hate this fucking facade
>Hang out with a qt girl who has tattoos all over her body and her fat friend
>They invite me to come over to play vidyer
>They were creaming their pants about borderlands 1 and skyrim
>On Xbox 360
>Continue to visit her despite being bored out of my ass
>I was a fag so I offered the QT to give her my copy of Dork sools for the 360 hoping it would score me some brownie points with her and to impress her with my mad hardcore gamer skills
>it works and we go on a date
>She brings her boyfriend she never mentioned before
>I get real angry and bail
>She never played Dark souls
>She didn't gave it back either

I'll never trust gamer fags ever again, at least with normie fags I can score blow for free and get drunk even though i'm also dying inside and bored as heck.
>>
>>388210937
Wh-whats your Paypal?
>>
>>388222512

Fucking lol
>>
>watching these guys play MK9
>guy standing while playing jax
>mimics his moves during the xray
>copies his fatality then at the end literally says "fatality"
>I need to find the video
>>
>>388222726
got it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKm5JU5XGi4
>>
>>388218062

It's like if somebody made stickers of gaia forum banners and put them on their car. Jesus Christ
>>
What if you're 28 haven't gone to school because you don't know what to major??

Like do I just pick something random? Go to compsci? Accounting? Engineering whatever that means?

What do I do
>>
I go to a community college so outside of clubs and the game room there isn't much when it comes to making friends. Doesn't even matter though, I'm completely undesirable. I'm so introverted I have no personality, I just like playing video games like Melee, Tekken or UT2004 in my spare time after work.

I'm always thinking about games, I eat breathe and sleep that shit. I dream someday that I'll make a Nintendo quality game all by myself because fuck other people they don't know what makes a game good like I do. Unfortunately I'm so not relatable I can't even make friends with spergs because at least they are social to some extent.
>>
>>388185271
that is the worst description of melee i've ever heard
>>
>>388222965

If you don't know what to do, it's probably best not to go at this point.

On the other hand, college isn't getting cheaper.
>>
>>388222726
I know a guy who does this, he's retarded, as in he got hit by a car when he was 10 and is now literally braindamaged. He can't have a normal job because he fractured his skull and it never fully healed, one small push and his head could pop open like a watermelon.
>>
>>388161091
why even join gaming clubs in college? they're not required for graduation. just fucking do your classwork then go home.
>>
File: #####.jpg (18KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
#####.jpg
18KB, 500x322px
>>388222951
>fatality
>>
>>388164419
sell drugs, you will meet lots of people and cover some of your expenses while you're at it and people will think you're cool and invite you to more parties than you have time for.
>>
>>388222951
Jesus fucking christ, at least it's not smash
>>
>>388223481
"networking", apparently. That's what bars are for
>>
>>388223481
If you live on campus and have a roommate, it's a good way to get out of the room if you aren't very social, but feel bad about always being in the room.
>>
>>388164419

Just go in work hard and leave at the end of the day.
>>
>>388223584
>live on campus
never understood this fucking meme.
>>
>>388164419
Say no to drugs they're overrated, especially coke, shit is far too expensive. A bit of acid around a good group of friends is great though.
>>
>>388224004

Some places require it.
>>
File: 1497752170654.jpg (167KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
1497752170654.jpg
167KB, 750x937px
>>388222951
>hes breathing hard after that
>>
>>388224061
those places must be shit then
>>
>>388224004
no car
Thread posts: 440
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.