[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This thing any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 217630_detail_01.jpg (24KB, 691x350px) Image search: [Google]
217630_detail_01.jpg
24KB, 691x350px
Need another controller for multiplay. Thinking about this or just get another set of joycons? What do you think?
>>
just buy a 360 controller senpai
>>
>>388160403
It's good and the battery keeps forever. Only downside is the dpad is too sensitive for games like tetris, but it's fine for regular platformers and whatnot.
>>
>>388160552
Just buy an Xbone controller.
>>
The Pro controller is awesome. I pretty much use it exclusively when not on the go.

That being said, a second set of joycons and a comfort grip is probably better if going for multiplayer. The ability to have four players with a single joycon or two full motion controllers is probably going to be worthwhile.
>>
The only reason to get a second pair of joycons is for 4-player or if you're playing split screen ARMS. Otherwise the Pro controller is superior in every way.
>>
File: when the catnip hits too strong.jpg (62KB, 606x618px) Image search: [Google]
when the catnip hits too strong.jpg
62KB, 606x618px
>>388160403
>Ninty bringing back see-through controllers

I will jizz immediately if they come out with colored ones.
>>
>>388160972
What about the overly sensitive d-pad?
>>
>>388161056
The D-pad shits all over the joycons little directional buttons. It's not even a contest
>>
I dont get the point of the pro controller, joy cons are like the same price but can function as 2 controllers or 1 normal controller.
>>
>No analog shoulder buttons
>Shitty d-pad
It's not worth $80 that's for sure. Wait until there are third-party controllers out to compete with this thing.
>>
>>388161318
That's literally the opposite of what I've heard. Anyone that tried to play something that actually uses the d-pad like Puyo Puyo had to switch to the stick or just use the joycons anyway. Apparently it reads diagonal inputs way too easily and separate buttons end up being a better alternative. I only have joycons myself and the buttons are small enough to roll your thumbs over like a normal d-pad already.
>>
>>388161629
Yup, this. When I try to quickly tap to the right, it usually ends up reading an up input and insta-drops the piece. It's fucking annoying.
But, I'll rather use the pro controller stick then the fucking joycons.
>>
>>388161972
Just put them in the grip and it ends up a perfectly normal controller.
>>
>>388161629
I don't know who the hell you've been talking to. After playing Puyo Puyo Tetris for over 20 hours using the joycons I switched to the Pro controller and never looked back. I haven't heard a single high level puyo or tetris player say the prefer the joycons seperate buttons over the dpads. My pro controller didn't come with a defective dpad, but from what I understand even if you're unlucky and end up with a pro controller with the dpad defect it's fairly simple to fix. Small seperate buttons are nowhere near as good as playing on a Dpad when it's working properly.
>>
>>388162121
Except with smaller candy sized buttons and smaller analog sticks with worse travel.
>>388161972
Your pro controller probably has a defect, you can test the inputs yourself by going into the system settings.
http://www.ateijelo.com/blog/2017/07/12/effective-fix-switch-pro-controller-dpad-issues
It's not too hard to fix if you're not afraid of opening up your controller.
>>
>>388161417
It's for people who want a traditional controller with larger buttons and better analog sticks. The joycons had to be designed with portability with compromises in mind
>>
it's fantastic
>>
>>388162121
Not at all. The joycon grip is incredibly uncomfortable due to the handles being too small and your fingers bump into the flat backside of the grip, rather than being able to grip the handles like on a normal controller.
And that's just the ergonomics. The joycon stick quality is dreadful.
>>
>>388160403
That xbone control looks good, where can i pre order it?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.