[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Splatoon 2 Update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: MantaMaria.jpg (79KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
MantaMaria.jpg
79KB, 800x450px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hDgIo0yQas
Since we're getting our first new map in Splatoon 2 this weekend, let's talk about the maps. Post your
>opinion on how Manta Maria looks
>favorite map
>least favorite map
>map you want to return from Splat1 the most
>general thoughts
>>
File: mussleforge.jpg (247KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
mussleforge.jpg
247KB, 1100x619px
pic related is best map
>>
>>388159786
The shoreline and buildings look like they were made in minecraft. The stage looks fun though.

Is spectator mode out yet, or is it coming in an update?
>>
>>388159786
>I really like the way it looks
>Moray Towers
>Probably Musselforge Fitness
>Arowana Mall or the museum
>I've put more hours in 2 at this point than my entire time with 1, so you can say I love 2
>>
I dislike its linearity, but I'm going to give it a chance. Its verticality looks nice.
>favorite map
Sturgeon Shipyard
>least favorite map
Starfish Mainstage
Kelp Dome
>>
File: MantaLayout.png (641KB, 891x518px) Image search: [Google]
MantaLayout.png
641KB, 891x518px
>>388162020
Spactator mode is in the game, it's just solely in private battles. And considering how far the shoreline will be from the players, it'll look fine in game
>>
>>388159786
The aesthetic is great, but it looks a bit cramped. I'll reserve judgment until I play it, but it looks like it could be small and shitty like Musselforge.

>favorite map
Moray Towers

>least favorite map
Humpback Pumptrack

Saltspray Rig

>general thoughts
Maps are too cramped right now overall, slosher needs a nerf, salmon run is the best mode in the game, they should have put the music minigame in the background of the lobby instead of the music-altering controls, they need a new ranked mode to differentiate from Splatoon 1, Marie > Callie > Marina > Pearl
>>
>>388159786
Boat looks rad. We should have had this map weeks ago.
>favorite map
The Reef is best map, Moray Towers is a close second
>least favorite map
Starfish Mainstage should be deleted
Never played Splat1
>general thoughts
I wish I could play Salmon Run more often and that the weapons were better more often, or that you could pick your weapon. Looking forward to the new Salmon Run map though.
>>
>>388162552
>Maps are too cramped right now overall
I actually like that the maps are smaller with more cover. It gives weapons like the dualies and brushes some shot at viability (hell, shitty players even think the octobrush is OP). In Splat1, chargers could hold down entire maps with minimal effort. Using something short range wasn't really viable, unless you were doing the whole quick respawn luna thing. They were even able to fix Mackerel, which used to be long range weapons in a stalemate shooting down hallways for the entire match
>>
File: starfish.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
starfish.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
worst map
>>
>>388159786
I WANT TO DICK THE ANNOUNCER GIRLS
>>
>>388165158
Eh, it has a theme. It's a mess of just random objects but at least it uses the stage theme pretty well and creates an interesting shape. It's not like Mussleforge which is the worst to me by far. That trench just makes for a horribly obnoxious choke point and any combat in those trenches just feels awkward.

I'm really looking forward to Manta Maria. It looks nice and clean where as most splatoon 2 maps feel the need to keep putting random boxes everywhere. It also has a distinct theme.
>>
>>388167718
Mussleforge has just as much of a theme as any of the other maps, and the trench is only an issue in TC, and it makes for a fun, hectic dynamic.
>>
When does the new Salmon Run map go into the rotation?
>>
>>388168035
Nah. That grated bridge crossing is suicide and the other paths all put you on the low ground. It makes dislodging the first people to hold the middle harder than it should be.
>>
>>388168470
It's way harder to do that on Starfish. There are way more ways to get to the center in Mussleforge than fucking Starfish
>>
>>388168459
Saturday at 8pm EST
>>
>>388165158
this desu, especially in the ranked modes
>>
File: lostoutpost.png (606KB, 836x395px) Image search: [Google]
lostoutpost.png
606KB, 836x395px
>you will be targetted by fliyfish, stingers and be in a drizzler cloud while on those grates
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.