[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loneliness and Single Player Campaigns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1499443928414.jpg (285KB, 600x926px) Image search: [Google]
1499443928414.jpg
285KB, 600x926px
We all know that the rise of Streamer culture is nothing other than perpetuation of ye olde reality shows - where people once peeped into lives of others, now they can directly communicate with those others. In a society beset by alienation, a familiar face can dig deep into your pocket.

While I have never donated to a streamer, and I do not play multiplayer games, I find myself playing a lot less in general these past few years. Just last night I finally started MGS V and halfway through first Afghan mission I switched it off. Gameplay was decent, but I needed interaction, human contact, Skype call, anything. I believe it also has something to do with the game type, MGS V being a gigantic, almost directionless playground. Mind starts wandering, and anyone who has ever watched a stream knows how chock full of interaction they are. Is it the format that is defective or are we inevitably warped by isolation?
>>
you have us
>>
>>388152559
But that's the same thing, I often quit playing to post something on /v/. It might be also the reason why I'm gravitating towards bullet hell shooters and similar old-style games rather than "narrative" experiences you can see coming from a mile away. MGS V in particular feels like a giant map with braindead bots.
>>
Sounds like the problem is you. Requiring constant human interaction to do everything isn't normal.
>>
>>388152707
Wait. Holy fuck are you me.
I genuinely loved playing narrative driven games but nowadays I get bored out of most things I play and I'm generally starting to prefer dumb CoD shit to waste time instead.
Eventually I come back to shitpost of /v/.
>>
Why would a lack of human contact during the game affect the gameplay of said game? I don't understand the problem here. If you really need to human interaction that bad, put on a podcast. Its not like the game is so hard that you need to hear every little thing.
>>
No, you just have a shitty attention span.
>>
>>388152827
It has to be said, modern narrative driven games are utter crap. I'd recommend Darkwood but it forces crafting upon you to pad the game.
>>
>>388152707
fucking this
I was really happy to get adrenaline installed on my vita yesterday to play the psx final fantasy games that I've never played before, once I had verified that they were working I put it down to shitpost here about how shit the Vita is and play fucking unreal tournament
what's going on here
>>
>>388152504
Welcome to the internet age. I'm glad I'm old enough to have grown up without it since I don't get that pervasive loneliness, in fact, I feel too connected by all this stuff. As a remedy, just find a f2p mmo or something and be social in global.
>>
That's really weird. I love playing single player games and losing myself in the moment.
>>
I can barely play a game without a streamer on in the background. It wasn't always like this, but the loneliness is now overwhelming. Oddly enough I can read a book just fine with no background noise.
>>
>>388154539
I'm mostly replaying my favourites for years now. Deus Ex, VtMB, SH...

...it gets melancholic. I was toying with trying to learn Japanese and then playing all the Yakuza games for years, like a soap opera, 1-2hours per day but I don't have that kind of tunnel vision.
>>
>>388155268
Oh, I hate that. I don't replay games at all. Always trying new stuff.
>>
>>388155794
All great games have to be played at least 4 times
>>
Found out the girl streamer I watch is not pure and has potential further leaks that are nudes. I mean it should have been obvious since she is a whore due to the Russian descent but I wanted to believe. I am distraught. She also supposedly tried to neck herself during a stream during the breakdown. Feels bad man.
>>
>>388157246
If you have 400 bucks, dm legendary lea on instagram, if you can travel to arizona it's a really good quality fuck for an hour
>>
>>388157186
Fuck that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.