[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it OK when Final Fantasy does it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: FFXV-ACO-DLC_08-24-17.jpg (71KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-ACO-DLC_08-24-17.jpg
71KB, 600x337px
>release a blatantly unfinished, broken and rushed game
>game is segmented between movie, anime, a novel, and other various media in a "Universe" fashion, all created before the game even released
>tease important character development moments in the main game and then lock it off behind a Season Pass
>have to pay for Multiplayer on top of Online service on top of paying for the Game
>game is in early access, with features that should have been in the game since Day One, like Beastiary and Chapter Select, pumped out 9 months later
>make a Timed Event that just comes and goes randomly for a single-player game
>milking out the ass with Pocket Edition, A King's Tale, Justice Monsters V, FFXV: A New Empire, A King's Tale, Monster in the Deep VR not even a year after release with plans for more milking on the way
>put out a survey in response to people's dissatisfaction so people can vote on what aspects of the game they'd like fleshed out because the game is so incredibly thin
>it'll be years before the game can be considered complete

oh and the kicker

>make ANOTHER brand new, TIMED cross-over Event with fucking AC, featuring literally a brand new unnecessary joke story that has nothing to do with the game, new cutscenes and completely new mechanics like climbing, and AC style Parkour & assassinations
>TIMED
>prioritize this shit over actual story content and fan demands
>we'll probably never see those mechanics again

The game didn't earn the ability to pull shit like this when it feels so incomplete and half-assed. Why is Square Enix so shameless? They really do just see fans as exploitable dollar signs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn6Sy3Xx5Ss
>>
>>388147030
who cares? it's free
>>
>>388147030

nice blog, didn't read it
>>
>>388147030
But it's not okay? People have been mocking this game for ages. It just has an equally large, if not larger because of how many FF fans there are, amount of people who defend it.
>>
Who said it was okay? XV is near universally panned here
>>
>comes out on PC
>GOTY edition with everything included
>mods will activate the timed stuff whenever you want
>>
>>388147030
What irks me the most is that comrades doesn't even play like how the story does. The weapon moveset are shit.
>>
>>388147030
It's not okay and i hope the next mainline FF just releases in one full game and then that's it, no movies, no anime, no 20 mobiel games, no dlc epsiodes etc
>>
File: survey-image-1.jpg (215KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
survey-image-1.jpg
215KB, 2048x1152px
>>388147270
>everything
Get ready for another early access game and a second season pass
I hope every PC friend pirates it
>>
>>388147653
you know very well they wont do that
>>
>>388147030
Man KH fags really are triggered that XV is better with Tabata than it ever would be under Nomura.
>>
>>388147030
Never seen a more shameless jew fest than this. Square Enix are fucking disgrace.
>>
I am so glad that I only cared about Final Fantasy back in the mid 90s.

I am sincerely sorry to see genuine fans have to be treated like dollar signs.
>>
>>388147030
It's not ok, the game is universally shit on. That one tripfag doesn't count.
>>
>>388147030
>game is segmented between movie, anime, a novel, and other various media in a "Universe" fashion, all created before the game even released

Guess they should have pulled a Taro and have it segmented between stage play, a drama cd, and a novel after the game was released.
>>
File: IMG_20170822_045051.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_045051.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
>>388147030
>release a blatantly unfinished, broken and rushed game
It wasn't unfinished, broken or rushed.

>>game is segmented between movie, anime, a novel,
Irrelevant, the former director wanted Versus/XV to be multiple games/sequels so it would have always been more segmented there than it is now, because the movie/anime/audio CD are self contained while the game is the whole main story with a start, middle and end, if it was under Nomura it would not have had an ending in the 1st game and was objectively more split up

>have to pay for Multiplayer on top of Online service on top of paying for the Game
So like every multiplayer on console

>game is in early access
Wrong, game is fully featured and has a complete main story with well over 100 hours of content. FF14 doesn't even have a beastiary

>make a Timed Event that just comes and goes randomly for a single-player game
These are there to test the online stuff and they are fine to check in every now and again.

>milking out the ass
Those are all low budget spinoffs with one of those as completely free and most of those are low budget mobile games with one being just a moile version of a minigame within the game alreadytoo, so the fuck what?

>>put out a survey in response to people's dissatisfaction
No the survey had nothing to do with dissatisfaction and was entirely to do with side things things the devs wanted to do which fans also wanted in hence why they held a survey asking fans what they want to see the most out of those

>make ANOTHER brand new, TIMED cross-over
Why is this bad? The trailer for it looks good and it shows some new unique gameplay elements and it's also entirely free, what does being timed matter? The old carnival was timed but they held it again a few months later, there is nothing wrong with this and again it's completely free new content

>The game didn't earn the ability to pull shit like this
It earned everything because it is already great. Cry more. Bow to your king.
>>
>>388150248
Go away XV kun you autistic faggot.
>>
>>388147146
>>388147169
>>388149510
Thats 3 IP resets

I wonder how many more this will do
>>
>>388147728
All the updates and DLC announced are coming to PC, that includes anything from that which states updates
>>
>>388147030
I saw the trailer for this today and I was in complete disbelief of what I was seeing. I kept looking at the video page to find any clue that it was a joke.

I still can't believe it's real.
>>
>>388150341
Typical shitposting faggot only capable of buzzwords
>>
Just kill final fantasy already. This is so embarassing.
>>
>>388150596
You are actually mentally ill, please get help.
>>
File: LbIzcKZjGbWRJdBI.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LbIzcKZjGbWRJdBI.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388150248
You already admitted it to be rushed, and just a couple nights ago when I was trying to do Pitioss, I realized the game is broken as fuck. Same shit happened with the Cockatrices, it would just constantly kick me out of battle, initiate battle and then sometimes the enemies would even just stand in one place idle
>>
>>388150248
XV-kun appears yet again
>>
>he didn't buy the premium dlc pass for the game that was 10 years in the making
>>
>>388149054
>jew fest
>free update
but really tho, they are milking the shit out of this game which I might be okay with if it was a good game but it really isn't. I still very much enjoyed this game and it's characters
>>
>>388151392
I'll just pirate everything on PC
>>
File: 1467987364627.jpg (228KB, 1200x892px) Image search: [Google]
1467987364627.jpg
228KB, 1200x892px
>>388150248
>The old carnival was timed but they held it again a few months later, there is nothing wrong with this and again it's completely free new content
If you already put in the effort to design/code/test every piece of this new event, why the fuck would you time it so not everyone who bought your game or will buy it will get to experience the hard work you put into it?
>>
Final fantasy is trash
>>
>>388147169
>here

Who gives a fuck? This shithole hates everything that's not souls shit
>>
File: Joq4jfK2y8F2m4jW.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Joq4jfK2y8F2m4jW.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388150874
Further proof. This is all just from one night's session of playtime. It's broken as shit, worse than Bethesda games.
>>
>>388150248
XV-kun as much as I do enjoy this dogshit game at times, until I get a full story revolving around old Noctis which I personally find to be the best looking Final Fantasy character this game will continue to be dogshit to me. I'm still gonna play this assassin's creed thing tho it looks okay. I'm just salty about old Noct showing up for 1 chapter and that's it.
>>
>>388151963
It wants to run into a better game ;(
>>
File: gA0evzDJ8Jblioap.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gA0evzDJ8Jblioap.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388152072
Yeah and then the amount of times I've had enemies just stand still randomly in combat is insane. They just tune the fuck out, it's bizarre.
>>
>>388151963
>worse than Bethesda games.
I wouldn't say that
Atleast the game runs at a somewhat acceptable framerate after 100 hours and quests actually stay done instead of getting a quest trigger after completing the quest I was just told about
>>
>>388153006
>AI partners are dead
That shit was worse than in KH where they'd at least come back after a while
Why can't Square just make UI that actually blocks and dodges or just make them weaker but also invincible like your partners in NIer
>>
>>388150874
No I said parts of the story are rushed, that's completely different than saying that the game is rushed which is referring to development.
>>
>>388150874
>>388151963
That never happened to me so is just a 1 time bug

You can't even replicate that
>>
>>388153006
That never happened to me, looks like a bug caused by your console overheating so it isn't reading disc correctly
>>
>>388153332

Or just have a proper fucking battle system were you control all the members, since SE can't program Party A.I for shit
>>
>>388153961
Or that, Type-0 did it well enough for a PSP game. I wish they didn't fouse too much on visuals and high poly models and shit, maybe they could've actually made it work if they had other priorities
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.