[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1329334438-00.jpg (168KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1329334438-00.jpg
168KB, 800x1130px
What went wrong?
>>
gee idk they wanted to control a 3D game with a fucking NES controller
>>
>>388136169
basic as hell gameplay, linear level design, and some of the worst writing I've ever experienced in a game
>>
>>388136169
non-skippable cutscenes.
ignoring the story, its not great but the gameplay isn't horrible or anything and I enjoyed it (again, ignoring the story)
>>
Huge focus on a stupid story and they didn't keep it to strictly 2D gameplay with the retarded controls. Allowing the Nunchuck for movement would have helped greatly.
>>
File: 1401798719366.png (106KB, 459x476px) Image search: [Google]
1401798719366.png
106KB, 459x476px
>>388136169
tl;dr Sakamoto fucked everyone over because he thought he knew best.

Just like the people who made FFXIV thought they didn't need to check on what MMOs had become since 2002 and they people would just line up to buy whatever they came up with - Sakamoto thought he could go from making 2D games and supervising Retro's work to single-handedly directing the most ambitious game of the franchise.

They worked really god damn hard on Other M - except in all the wrong directions.
Sakamoto having the last word about designs, story, script, music and controls ultimately ensured all these talented people's work only amounted to a pile of shit.
Every single decision he enforced made sure almost every individual part was flawed in some way - the way he "got" Samus in the story, the NES controls for the gameplay, pestering the music composers and the people making the cut-scenes until they felt "rigtht" to him because of course he knew better...

It's a shame all this fucking work and budget went down the drain, I think at least from now on Nintendo will know better than to let him have full control, he's likely to go back to being a "supervisor" again.
>>
>>388136169
Samus being really out of character if you compare her to her previous incarnations
>>
>>388138310
It's debatable what her character was and what people projected, but what's 100% certain is that the Sakamoto's Samus is garbage.
>>
File: 194.png (89KB, 422x429px) Image search: [Google]
194.png
89KB, 422x429px
>>388136169
Metroid "fans" not knowing the timeline or Samus as much as they like to pretend they do.
>>
ADAM
>>
>>388139543
sakamoto apparently didn't know about those things either
>>
>>388140858
>I've only played Prime but I'm gonna keep acting like I know what I'm talking about.
Ridley was dead by the events of Other M. The Ridley we see in Other M isn't the original Ridley. The original Ridley hasn't been around for a long time. Over half the times Samus fought Ridley it wasn't the original one.
>>
>>388136169
THE BABY
>>
like always:western devs
>>
>>388141443
When did I ever say anything about Ridley? I was just pointing out that Sakamoto is a hack who doesn't understand the franchise.
>>
>>388141793
but team ninja are japs
>>
Basically the author finally told the story he wanted to and everyone realized most of the shit people liked about metroid story and character-wise was accidental. It's a lot like how star wars went down.
>>
>>388142418
>>388142063
Is this your first metroid thread ever?
Don't give the (you) whores what they want
>>
>>388143062
It's certainly a lesson in humility - you may not get what makes your work good, as odd as it sounds.

Also, I think this was the moment we saw the strings holding the puppet and our innocence was shattered:
Sakamoto has no idea where he's going with the story and world, everything is a plot device - everything, from the Chozos to the metroid vaccine.
>>
AUTHORIZED

They tried to come up with a novel excuse for "why does she lose all her upgrades between missions?" and fucked up. Badly.
>>
>Shit gameplay
>Terrible level design
>Shit graphics
>No music
>Awful story
>>
>>388136169
People not understanding that the game wasn´t developed by nintendo or retro studios so they expected a lot of it.
>>
>>388145304
team ninja co-developed it with nintendo, and sakamoto, an employee of nintendo, was the head creative on the project
>>
File: 1458176681913.png (902KB, 912x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1458176681913.png
902KB, 912x1434px
>>388136169
>>
File: 1492547130233.jpg (28KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1492547130233.jpg
28KB, 268x265px
>>388136169
>bayonetta-like gameplay
>use a dpad and2 buttons to play
>regenerating health by holding the wiimote up
>fuck up of a story that should have been a prequel to the first game instead of adding the "muh baby" and metroid 1 simulation into it
>voice acting that's barely above Resident Evil 1's standards
>'literally who?' tier soundtrack
if it wasn't for the graphics and enemy kills I'd consider it the worst nintendo game ever released right next to Star Fox 0
>>
Literally the only good things about the game were
>Diffusion Beam
>Speed Booster in 3d
>Ridley boss battle and his theme
Everything else was shit
>>
The baby's bottle ship got me. Fuck what a horrible game.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.