[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are MAME roms such a nightmare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4061.png (112KB, 760x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4061.png
112KB, 760x262px
Why are MAME roms such a nightmare
>>
how so?
I have 50 gb and yeah half arent playable, but the ones that matter are
>>
>>388135969
what do you mean with "nightmare"?
>>
>>388135969
what do you mean with "roms"?
>>
>>388136110
same anon here
You are probably using a bad version of MAME too. I know for sure my roms work, then I will use them on a new comp and realize different versions of MAME wont play my favorites.

Using MAMEuifx64 version 0.159
>>
>>388136121
You have to download like a crapton of the same game because you can get the "missing files" error, even if the rom is fine.
Or try one the gorillion versions of mame
>>
>>388135969
What I hate is that the roms are bound to a specific version MAME.
Do many of the Naomi board games work?
I just remember many of the 3D games hardly working or not at all.
>>
File: galaxy_force_2_japan.png (20KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy_force_2_japan.png
20KB, 320x224px
MAME itself is a nightmare because you constantly have to update roms and if there are no updates you have to keep downloading old versions until you finally get one that can run it

Galaxy Force II runs slow as piss on new versions and I don't even remember which version is the one that actually lets it run properly
>>
>>388136202
>>388136361
See, my problem is that I want to play arcade games on retropie. Notwithstanding that some versions lack support, but even when I do have the right version, they don't work.

I also don't want to clog my sd card with a romset of games I'll never play.

It's just not a fun time, anons. I just want to play Raiden Fighters and Galaga.
>>
>download the Metal Slug games a couple months ago, finish the first one perfectly fine
>give it a go recently
>roms aren't compatible for some fucking reason even though i haven't touched the emulator since then
What the fuck is this bullshit?
>>
>>388136427
This is exactly my problem, arcade emulation seems driven by mega-autism with the constant updates to (I guess) make the emulation more accurate in minor ways that only 0.1% of the people using the emulator will even notice

I wish there was something that just ran shit and that was it.
>>
>>388136848
I've been using Final Burn Alpha and it's library. I got sick of MAMEs bullshit. It doesn't support as many games, but most of the ones I do play on it do work.
>>
>>388136848
I just go by "if it plays dragon blaze then its all good"
>>
As far as I know, the problem with arcade is we hat happened back in the early days of ROM dumping. Some were messy and some were corrupted. Many of the ROMS that you find now are still in that state and are as such, completely unplayable.

With the way arcade emulation continuously evolved, the ROMS had to follow suit, resulting in many being plain unable to start.
>>
File: IMG_4051.gif (994KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4051.gif
994KB, 200x300px
>>388136613
At this point, I'm just going to run arcade ports on a PSX emulator.
>>
>>388135969
>roms
>mame hard to use
Casual stay out.
>>
File: IMG_4054.png (297KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4054.png
297KB, 448x468px
>>388137471
I never said MAME was hard to use.
>>
>>388137471
Mame is bloated as fuck desu
>>
>>388136848
>in minor ways that only 0.1% of the people using the emulator will even notice
You can play all bosses in Super Real Darwin without errors now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.