[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

File: Discuss.jpg (167KB, 1200x520px) Image search: [Google]
Discuss.jpg
167KB, 1200x520px
Discuss
>>
For me it's Grim Dawn.
>>
File: discus.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
discus.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Discus
>>
>>388134958
this.
PoE literally has trash loot(in a fucking game that people play because of the fucking loot) and the skill tree is literally just numbers and almost no skills.
also PoE feels dull on the gameplay part, and nobody gives a shit about d3.

can't wait for the new classes, items and areas in the next grim dawn expansion that is coming this year.
>>
>>388134958
>Grim Yawn
>>
Discus
>>
>>388135389
t. poe autist that uses guides for the ultimate build
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown on the differences of these left click simulators?
>>
Path of Exile is literally miles ahead of all other arpgs. Its not even close anymore.
>>
>>388134767
I've played diablo to death and recently started path of exile, seems fun so far. Thought the loot was pure trash until I realized you can upgrade white items into decent ones using those orb things, and socketing skills is cool if a bit annoying when your items slots dont match up. I'm only level 25 or something though so we'll see if it holds up. Definitely prefer the visual style of poe over diablo
>>
>>388135903
D3 is easier to get into, is more polished, is much less of a grind, and you can change skills on the fly without penalty.

PoE has much more depth, more content, but is very grindy, and you're stuck with pretty much one skill the entire game.

They're both good, but D3 is better for newcomers to the loot treadmill genre.
>>
>>388134767
They both have things they do well and things they do very poorly. Both of them feature very similar endgame content, though PoE has more to work towards via things like the Shaper. I'm honestly somewhat surprised Blizzard hasn't expanded rifts to be more like maps, just goes to show they really stopped caring a long time ago I guess.
>>
>>388135903
>D3
Pros:
Quick responsive combat.
Strong classes that play differently from one another.
Good to play if you want something to wind down with after a long day.
Can't trade, meaning that you won't spend hours spamming chat for items.

Cons:
Content is decently varied but not great.
Class balance has never been good.
Item design forces classes into a certain playstyle to be effective.
Can't trade, meaning that getting what you need depends entirely on your playtime.
Awful fucking story.

>PoE
Pros:
Open-ended builds and skills that can make for fun play.
Great itemization that rewards ingenuity.
There's always something to farm for.
Mediocre story, but the world itself is very good.
Can trade items.

Cons:
Combat is poor and can be very unresponsive/clunky, even compared to older entries in the genre like D2.
A lot of skills just flat out suck or are uninspired, especially without the right gems.
Open-ended builds are largely meaningless for speed farming.
Getting what you want to drop is rare, meaning that you'll be spamming for trades a lot.
Passive tree is largely garbage despite the numerous overhauls it's gotten.
>>
File: Rundown.png (345KB, 558x395px) Image search: [Google]
Rundown.png
345KB, 558x395px
>>388135903
>>
>>388136134
99.99% of the loot you get in PoE is garbage that you shouldn't even pick up. Using your currency on those garbage items to make them slightly less garbage is also a complete waste of currency.

You pretty much have to trade for your gear in PoE if you wanna get anywhere in the end game. Self found shit is fine for the campaign though.
>>
>>388134767
its not even a competition. diablo 3 is complete trash while PoE is pretty fuckin decent. even grimdawn is better than D3
>>
>2 dead games 1 op
wew lad
>>
>>388137015
>99.99% of the loot you get in PoE is garbage that you shouldn't even pick up.
it's so bad they even added the ability to filter drops just so you can remove 99% of the chaff
>>
both games are bad
dark souls is more of a spiritual successor to diablo than either
>>
File: idk.jpg (622KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
idk.jpg
622KB, 1920x1080px
I'm lvl 94 in hardcore harbinger and I dunno what to do now. Was thinking of making a varunastra + The Surrender gladiator build but I dunno. Might as well do something expensive considering I keep racking up currency like it's nothing despite mostly afking the last couple days.
>>
>>388137015
Makes sense. But at low level its quite nice when you need a specific weapon type and you can just upgrade whichever white one you find. In my 10 or so hour playtime I only had one unique/orange drop, is that normal or what? Feels like if it had been diablo I'd have gotten way more than that
>>
>>388137670
Man autistic currency-hoarding in PoE is super satisfying but I keep thinking I'll just get bored of grinding to grind if I pick it up again. I mean stuff like mapping seems cool though I never got far into it. Might pick it up again since I'm starting to wind down on my currently addicted-to game
>>
>>388135278
>the skill tree is literally just numbers and almost no skills

its called the fucking PASSIVE skill tree for a reason, the active skill system that replaces the skill tree of other arpgs is the gem system.
>>
>>388137670
Just keep leveling. Why stop at 94 when you're almost there? Hit 100, then go play something else for a while anon.
>>
File: 1496260217311.jpg (60KB, 761x563px) Image search: [Google]
1496260217311.jpg
60KB, 761x563px
Just wait for the Grim Dawn expansion. Any day now.
>>
>>388134958
fpbp
>>
I like Path of Exile the best out of the modern Arpgs I've played. The problem I have with Grim Dawn is that the vast majority of builds will basically require you to have a few specific legendaries that fit it to perform well in the later acts of the third difficulty. However, since legendaries are very specialized in that game, and trading is extremely unpractical, you have to spend tens of hours to farm for the specific legendaries you need. Same shit with blueprints for the specific relic that you want.
It also feels a bit clunky and slow to me.

Meanwhile in POE I can just grab a couple of items from poe.trade using the currency I dropped during the campaign and begin mapping with adequate gear in less than 20 minutes. I also like to go sanic fast clearing maps, and POE does that fairly well.
>>
>>388137930

>94-100
>almost there

But that's like leveling 1-94 basically.
>>
I had the most fun with D3. It feels like the only one that was an evolution of D2 and the genre in a whole.

All it's knock offs feel like they're just doubling down on D2, in both good and bad. As such they all devolve into investing every ounce into a single skill then capping your resists. Then just right click your way through the game.
>>
>>388137917
You took the bait anon, he probably never played PoE or if he did he couldnĀ“t even reach Malachai.
>>
>>388137930
the halfway point of 100 is 98.5
>>
>>388135903
Generally D3 is more polished, easier to get into, and doesn't play like ass. However PoE has more depth, has an actual economy, and doesn't hold your hand.
>>
>>388137729
D3 is more generous with loot drops, and loot is actual useful. This is because builds are completely gear-based and you need good gear to drop often because there's no trade system.

Im currently level 62 harbinger league in PoE and I've had probably 12 unique drops so far. None of them were good and were vendored. I'm wearing mid 30's level equipment right now because nothing drops with the slots, links, colours, AND stats I want. But it's not too bad, because my skill gems and passives are good so I'm not even breaking a sweat in act 8.
>>
File: 1492208069388.jpg (85KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492208069388.jpg
85KB, 640x640px
>>388134767
I just beat act 10 of PoE and want to quit
>-60% to all res
fuck this game and fuck that final boss
>>
>>388138773
>I just beat act 10 of PoE and want to quit
You beat the game. Act 10 is the final act. You can quit without remorse now. That's what I did.
>>
>>388138483
My thoughts as well. I tried to like PoE but in the end it was pretty one dimensional. You're playing around with the numbers but on the "action" side of things it's down to spamming right click all game. I mean I guess it's not too different from Diablo 2 now that I think about it, but I think a lot of people moved on from that for a reason.
>>
>>388135278
grim dawn is for mental midgets who can't into POE
>>
>>388138483
How is D3 an evolution?
>>
The left one I can play just fine without problem.
The right one boots me out of the game to the login screen when I switch areas.
>>
>>388138737
Most of PoE except for the super endgame bosses can be done in shit-tier gear because item power, particularly weapons, far outscales enemy health. Someone with a perfect weapon is going to be destroying even guardians in seconds.
The only thing that keeps the game from not being the easiest hack and slash on the market is that monster damage is so high that you frequently die in one hit unless you invest your entire build into defence, and even then there's damage maps that will still kill you outright.
>>
>>388134767
>early D3
>rares were fantastic
>low legendary drop rate was fantastic
>small amount of difficulty levels with vastly increased differences between them was fantastic

>now rares are trash tier
>now legendaries drop like candy
>now there are double digit difficulty levels with little minor differences
>legendaries have a rare and ultra rare version
>balance is primarily around set bonuses

Sure D3 added some neat things like Kanai's cube and legendary skill effects but it went so wrong on so many levels
>>
>>388135278
Dull on the gameplay part? Literally "I suck nigger cum out of gay asses and can't play video games worth shit" the post. Also it's the PASSIVE skill tree you retarded faggot, no shit it doesn't have skills. Holy fuck you're stupid.
>>
>>388139008
i'm pretty sure you used a guide at some point to get a good build.

>>388137917
the skills are trash on any melee character and boring as shit, haven't tried any casters.
>>
>>388139161
Back then D3 didn't have nowhere near as much content so drops were balanced accordingly. Nobody would argue it was better back then than it is now. Current D3 is best D3.
>>
>Grim Dawn

>multiplayer is a very laggy
>uniques and set items are lvled depending on the difficulty they drop in
>no chat to have a random laugh while playing

feels quite dull. i hear there quite a few mods for it though, i havent touched those
>>
>>388139329
relax you fucking turbo autist, game is boring as shit and no need to go into full on tard power, pathetic.
>>
>>388137513
>things confuse me becuz I'm dumb so only 1 item should drop per screen so my acorn brain can understand it
>>
>>388139027
Just go back to playing D2 in your 600x800 res and dated mechanics.
>>
>>388139161
As a whole I think D3 is a lot better than it was at launch. It may not be as good as PoE, but it's easily the second best ARPG on the market right now.

In fact if Blizzard found a way to implement trading again and made it so builds weren't entirely dependent on gear I'd say it's the best.
>>
>>388139513
You suck nigger cocks at video games then whine about it when you get called out. Sucks to be you faggot.
>>
>>388139556
Except literally everyone uses loot filters. It says something when the game has even more trash item drops than old Diablo 3 that the community has to step in and fucking fix the game for the devs.
>>
>>388139705
So d3 is a revolution because it utilized standard modern graphical features?
>>
>>388138870
>>388138773

go for the shaper you pussies
>>
>>388134767
I like PoE's mechanics more

>>388134958
I've tried to play it but I can't get past the graphics, everything seems muddled together
>>
>>388139804
holy shit imagine being this mad
>>
I tried getting into PoE and got bored as fuck after a few hours. Then again I got bored with D3 as well so I guess these games aren't for me.
>>
>>388139870
there are builds using that trash loot. animate weapon is a silly but fun thing. in the higher level maps, plain items are also valuable for ctafting since the wuality of their mods depend on their item level
>>
>>388138158
>The problem I have with Grim Dawn is that the vast majority of builds will basically require you to have a few specific legendaries that fit it to perform well in the later acts of the third difficulty.
Bullshit. My first character is far from being a good build and he uses exactly ONE unique, because most of them aren't worth it for that build and I'm better off with Epics/Monster Infrequents. He can consistently farm Fabius without consumables. The game is really generous with droprates.
>However, since legendaries are very specialized in that game, and trading is extremely unpractical, you have to spend tens of hours to farm for the specific legendaries you need. Same shit with blueprints for the specific relic that you want.
I have almost 180 hours in the game (some of that spent theorycrafting so the real playtime is lower than that) and I own almost every single Blueprint in the game, a lot of Legendaries with even some duplicates. Grim Dawn requires a lot less time investment than PoE.
>>
>>388139917
sure. grinding 17 tiers of maps sounds like a blast
>>
File: 1481825138272.jpg (491KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481825138272.jpg
491KB, 800x600px
>>388139705
feels good man
>>
Every time I pick up Grim Dawn I get bored by the time I hit level 30

at least in d3 / poe I get to endgame
>>
>>388140350

Ah, you're one of those sightseeing players that wants your hand held throughout the entire game.

Makes sense that you quit after the game stops telling you what to do.
>>
Only thing weak about PoE is most builds lack active abilities.

Couple defensives and one real damage skill
>>
File: 1482060232171.png (574KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
1482060232171.png
574KB, 605x558px
>>388140576
grinding doesn't mean you're hardcore, it just means you've got a high tolerance for repetition
>>
>>388140576

oh man I cant wait to grind for 500 hours on a character that no longer gets upgrades or changes ever just so I can have enough numbers to kill an extra boss
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (3MB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif
3MB, 512x512px
>>388140776
Then why didn't you stop after killing the first zombie? All other combat past that is just the same clicking on dudes
>>
>>388140942
most shaper killers stop at 90 which is about 10% of the time to 100
>>
File: 1497124999057.gif (943KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497124999057.gif
943KB, 500x281px
>>388140963
because I'm dumb
>>
Was playing GD recently until a friend started playing PoE, i prefer a game around classes like GD, i have played multiple character in PoE before and honestly it felt the same, this time i tried something i don't usually play and made a tanky build, while if kinda fun watching enemies trigger my block skills and dying it's mostly boring, i just stand there holding blade flurry and everything dies.
"Exploring" maps is boring, there is nothing to find in any map and some of them are big as fuck for no reason so you are using movement skills to skip every enemy for a awhile until you find the next exit and them repeat it again.
Most of the drops are useless, that's ok, every ARPG is like that, the problem is sockets and links are important so you can't just filter normal items because you might drop that 6L on a normal item so now you have to keep scanning every single loot to maybe find something good and you'll probably not find it at all.
Every fucking item is gigantic and takes a lot of your inventory so managing it is annoying as fuck too. It's still a good game though.
>>
>>388134767
D3 is kinda shallow but fun and polished. I only played it for the first time last year when I got it for cheap. Apparently it was much harder when it released but got much easier later on. Adventure mode is also good but also came much later. there is no build/equipment variety and you just grind for grind's sake

PoE is a better game but is harder to get into.
Sure it's F2P but inventory space gives you economic advantage
Huge build variety
>>388138483
Is this bait? PoE and Titan Quest/Grim Dawn tried to enhance mechanics.
PoE has the passive skilltree, potions and skillgems for mishmash while TQ/GD stays a bit more "traditional" approach with being able to mix classes but leaves stuff like ability points and potions like it was.
>>
>>388140963
progress through the story keeps things fresh, as does lvling your build into shape. by the pojnt you start doing maps, all that is gone. at least the new horizon orbs make getting higher tier maps less of a hassle than grinding low lvl ones and trading them in
>>
>>388141405
>Apparently it was much harder when it released

Nope. Now that you can start on harder difficulties (for extra loot) it's far harder. When the game launched the default difficulty was a complete joke. I finished Normal and Nightmare mode without dying once while solo the first time I played.
>>
>>388141568
I tried playing on a higher difficulty mode but killing shit took forever so I switched back but good to know that normal was a joke back then too.

I still don't understand why this game is online only, especially when the console version can be played offline and also have couch-coop
>>
>>388141820
To stop pirates from playing the game for free.
>>
My problem with PoE is that the skills are boring as fuck before you mix them together. All spells in their basic form are 'shoot fireball' 'shoot iceball' 'summon totem' 'summon zombie' 'shoot lightning' with no synergy.
Once you have them all gemmed out you start getting totems that shoot fireballs that explode into zombies that poop lightning, which is cool, but it still means you're just spamming your spell with the most gems attached.

D3 has some surface synergy between abilities, and is in no way a paragon on this front, but at least it tries. I prefer the way D3 has class themes skills as well, where as in PoE you're going to be pulling from the same pool of spells no matter what character you are.

All in all I hate them both and prefer Titan Quest. Grim Dawn seems good too but I am over ARPGs at this point.
>>
>>388141973
You can start mixing gems early though.
Also the skills in D3 are braindead just like the synergys
>>
>>388140128
>180 hours
>Have every blueprint and a lot of legendaries

Well no shit Sherlock
>>
>>388141973
If you're only using your most linked ability, you're severely undercutting your potential. One main damage ability, sure. But what about a curse? Mobility skill? Golem? Warcry? And what if your most linked ability includes CoMK, CoCS, or CwC?
>>
>>388141045
>takes literally 1000 hours to max out your level
>it's okay guys you only need to play 100 hours to do this :^)

Fuck off.
>>
>>388142464
Not an argument.
>>
>>388139479
>rares being trash is better than the garbage legendary/set horse shit we have now
kill yourself
>>
>>388139741
I wouldn't call the trading with people who were in game when you found the item and it not being account bound for a day or whatever as trading nor recent
>>
>>388140049
>Meme builds
No.

>in the higher level maps, plain items are also valuable for ctafting since the wuality of their mods depend on their item level
No. There's a reason why every single high level PoE player uses loot filters.
>>
>>388143849
I'm talking about when the auction house still existed, Anon.

D3 could easily become the best ARPG in the genre if it had an actual economy.
>>
>>388144129
economies in non-mmo games are stupid
>>
>play Grim Dawn
>stop after one playthrough because I got bored
>play PoE
>stop after autistically zipping through maps for a few days beause I got bored
>play D3
>get banned

Maybe these games aren't for me. It's fun coming up with new builds but it feels like everything has already been done
>>
>>388144513
Economy was what kept D2 alive inbetween the PvP and grind. Economy is what is keeping PoE so popular. D3 died when Blizzard killed the economy.
>>
Grim Dawn.

I think PoE is pretty good, too, but look at the types of people it attracts:
>>388137917
>>388139008
>>388139329

Jesus christ people it's a game, for fun. You have fun while you post that or did you feel enraged by chance?
>>
>>388141405
>Sure it's F2P but inventory space gives you economic advantage
I like to judge PoE like it's around 20 dollars and has a free "demo".
$20 gets you the 6 pack tabs and 1 premium upgrade.
Which might even be too much, if you can avoid hoarding shit uniques and min-maxing the shit out of chaos/regal recipes.
>>
>>388144745
doesn't mean it's not stupid
>>
>>388144816
You really think that /v/ is the best example of a playerbase?
>>
I've been playing DFO lately. Not exactly the same genre, but it fulfills the same need in me. I get the extra satisfaction of performing skills with fighting game style commands.
>>
>>388137930
98 is the half way point when it comes to leveling.
>>
PoE made me realize how boring the end game for these games are.
>>
>>388144965
Not an argument.
>>
>>388144979
You're right, I don't.
>>
>>388136928
>can't trade is a pro
I guess you'd love BDO then.
>>
>>388144848
Still there is trading but whatever.
I kinda like it since it "forces" you to interact with others.

People in the chats are nice as well but it's not like I met dickheads in D3.
Though it's funny to see how people react to D3 in PoE or any new stuff related to D3.
>>
>>388145320
I've only met nice people (or mutes) in D3 desu. Usually it's the Paragon 150+ dudes that always offer help.
>>
>>388145004
Can't derail the thread anon, but I should get back to it
>>
>>388142942
it takes about 108 hours to get to 100

you're retarded dont reply to me
>>
>>388145121
I mean it's not bad that it exists of course, but an "economy" in a non-mmo is just a stock market simulator
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.