[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so I just started playing The Wolf Among Us, and I find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: the-wolf-among-us.jpg (43KB, 620x353px) Image search: [Google]
the-wolf-among-us.jpg
43KB, 620x353px
Okay so I just started playing The Wolf Among Us, and I find this game absolutely infuriating. The choices are so limited, and very restrictive. And Bigsby seems like a moron.

For example. I'm in the second chapter talking to Nerissa at the moment, and I've worked out back in Chapter 1 that there is a fucking spell put on the prostitutes to prevent them from speaking, SO WHY ISN'T THERE A FUCKING OPTION to say that out loud, and have it confirmed, when it is so obvious? And why can't I wreck the pimp's shit for that?? There's no way that's legal. Then there's the whole trapping girls into prostitution thing he has going on that Holly has told us about. So why can't I arrest him for that?
>>
>>388133062
>The choices are so limited, and very restrictive.
Welcome to Telltale's games. If you can't stand the best of them then you'd better give up the genre.
>>
>>388133062
Go do something in real life if you want meaningful choices.
>>
File: glass him.png (1MB, 1361x741px) Image search: [Google]
glass him.png
1MB, 1361x741px
I think Wolf Among Us has great style and fun action, but the Telltale format undermines the mystery solving aspect of it.

So no matter how right or wrong your are in anything, things will keep moving forward at their own pace.
>>
>>388133062
great premise, terrible execution. every telltale has done since TWD S1 has been really lazy. even comparatively.
wish they would go back to making old point and clicks.
>>
>>388133323
It's not just about that, i'd be fine with 4 choices, if those actually said what I wanted to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Bioware we're all too familiar with conversation wheels and such.
But in this game more often than not the options are completely inane, missing the point by a mile or just plain wrong. It seriously rustles my jimmies.
>>
Tales from the Borderlands was better.
>>
>>388133062
Welcome to Telltale games, where the plot is linear and your decisions don't matter.
>>
>>388134002
Yes, you are right that is how Telltale games works. Almost every choices are pointless and lack impacts, they're there just to make you think that what you choose actually matters while in fact it doesn't and in reality the game is completely linear. If you want to enjoy it then you shouldn't expect a degree of freedom to write your own story and ending.
>>
>>388133930
Honestly looking back TWD wasn't any good either when it came to making decisions.

I think the main reason it caught on was because it was a pretty new format and people just really loved Clem, not because it was an actually good game. Too bad that they mistook "people love Clem" with "people want to be Clem" in the sequels.
>>
>>388133323
[Glass him]
>>
The biggest problem with TWAU is that Bigby is an established character who wouldn't do most of the shit you're allowed to do. He doesn't rip off people's arms for no fucking reason or "glass" a guy who isn't causing trouble, nor would he alienate a witch and destroy the root of her power when witch magic in fabletown is more precious than any other resource. He certainly wouldn't beat the fuck out of a fucking toad in front of his kid.
>>
File: 1503460445710.jpg (68KB, 597x471px) Image search: [Google]
1503460445710.jpg
68KB, 597x471px
If you dont like TWAU, then youre not gonna like TellTale. The Wolf Among us, Tales from the Borderlands, and Walking Dead Season 1 are probably the best youre going to get with their new style. GoT was surprisingly alright, but I was kind of disappointed in Batman and the direction GotG is going. Wont even attempt Minecraft story and TWD season 2, 3, and Michone are going downhill with every new installment.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.