[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cuphead: visuals over gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: pic01.jpg (143KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
pic01.jpg
143KB, 940x529px
https://youtu.be/iMkCIdGikmk

Uhmm... this looks mediocre at best.
>>
>>388130456
#notanargument
>>
>>388130282
Bosses look cool, stages look lame.
They shouldn't have caved to the people who didn't want a boss rush. There's literally nothing wrong with boss rushes if they're cool.
>>
File: 1310241.jpg (61KB, 640x480px)
1310241.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>388130282
>The commitment to the art style
>The music
>The bosses
>The film grain and audio grain

This game still looks pretty fantastic. Yeah the stages look a little dull and washed out but I remember people saying the same thing about Alien Soliders stages too which was another boss rush game.
>>
Amazing art style.
Sounds amazing.
Looks dull as fuck to actually play.
>>
>make boss rush game
>people complain that it doesn't have stages
>make half-assed stages

well no shit

bosses still look great
>>
The soundtrack and visuals are fucking top notch though, to be fair.
>>
Interesting stuff http://www.dualshockers.com/cuphead-screenshots-artwork/

>http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/23/cuphead-hands-on-preview-and-interview-we-were-self-taught-through-the-game-6874267/
>Originally it was eight to 10 bosses and a Mega Man style select screen. But we have nearly tripled the scope of bosses, so there’ll be around 28 or 29. Six platforming levels, an interactive overworld, a shop where you can buy weapons and charms. So a much more complete game, in keeping with our original vision.
>>
>>388130282

Interesting, I thought this was a Twinstick style game, not a pure 8 directional type.

Can't diagonal while standing still. Very classic.
>>
>>388130282
There just isn't a whole lot to it. Some kind of ammo/weapon switching system like Alien Soldier or something would be a good addition.
>>
>>388130282

The person playing this game fucking sucks at run and gun, holy shit.
>>
>>388132064
>only 6 platforming levels
thank fuck, they look really weak compared to the boss battles.
>>
Man, this game really looked impressive and awesome when they revealed it... like 5 years ago.
>>
Who'd have guessed a game where the style is the main selling point might not be a good game.
>>
>>388133531
>GGXrd
>>
>>388132027
It's a style not really seen in any other games. The only similar thing I can think of is that old style Kingdom hearts world in kh2.

They have got the style spot on, it does look just like one of those old cartoons. But style is likely all it will have. Everything else is likely pretty basic amd straight forward.

I still wanna give it a try though.
>>
>>388133641

Eh, there aren't too many contra clones out these days, so it benefits from a vacuum.
>>
>>388130282

Maybe a game with completely serviceable and functional game play wouldn't seem so mediocre to you if you hadn't been playing video games for most of your entire life.
Maybe that's why your standards are ridiculously high and anything short of near perfection in all areas is shit to you.
>>
>>388130282
why does this game have a world map?
>>
>>388130282
It started out as a neat little platformer that was like playing a old timey cartoon.
Then they decided to delay it for like 2 years and hype it up like it is the next coming of Jesus.
Now everyone just wants it to come out so we can say it's ok and then we can dismiss Xbone for all eternity.
>>
I would be more excited for it if Metal Slug didn't exist.
>>
>>388134037
To showcase more style and art. "Open World" where it looks like you can skip sections coupled with "simple" mode to appeal to the casual audience.
>>
>>388134659
the world map looks really boring, though, and I would have thought a straightforward stage-to-stage structure would have suited the game more
>>
Fuck this crap still exists?
>>
>>388135132
It used to be a boss rush, but wider audience and all that.
>>
>>388130282
Disney should be the ones funding this project and also adding a side team that actually knows how to do platformers, if they wanted to add that so badly.

Maybe turn it into a Thunderforce-like game before the boss fights, maybe it wouldn't play so boringly
>>
>>388131697
>Yeah the stages look a little dull and washed out but I remember people saying the same thing about Alien Soliders stages too which was another boss rush game.
the stages in alien soldier are just breathers between boss battles to stock up on health, the stages in this just seem like filler
>>
>>388130282
Why doesn't he shoot enemies with his cuphead?
In gameplay he's really just finger pointer man who happens to have a cup for a head.
>>
>>388130282
It still has more gameplay than Uncharted though.
>>
>>388135760
Yeah I thought the same. It feels like there wasn't a ton of thought in the design. They really couldn't come up with anything better than pointing a finger and shooting blue and red lights?
>>
>>388130282
But they are some visuals.

>there'll never be a 2D Mario with these visuals
>>
>>388135760
>>388136050
it's weird because their special has them do it
>>
S'okay.

Bosses will make up for the lame stages.
>>
Stages don't look that bad to me, this is one of the first stages so of course it'll be easier but the person playing is dog shit. If you are going through and trying to do a quick speedrun style I imagine it'll be pretty fun. I'm also a fan of conttra/megaslug style games so I'm getting exactly what I expected.
>>
>>388132064
>six platforming levels
>almost 30 bosses
You faggots can stop complaining now
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.