[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: MGS TTS.jpg (332KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MGS TTS.jpg
332KB, 1600x1200px
Actually, it's better than the original
>>
Nope.
>>
>>388129732
No.
>>
Actually, both the original and remake had cheesy voice acting and a shounen plot. People just have nostalgia blinders for the PS1 version.
>>
Actually, no____________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>388129732
Indeed, i like retardo Snake better.
>>
>>388130339
Snake does a ninja flip off a missile coming at him from the hind during a cutscene. Compared to the rather grounded roll/flip he did in the original versus the abrams tank, it was way too over the top for his character. It was something raiden or grey fox would have done...
>>
>stares at sniper laser
>does nothing
Best Snake
>>
>>388132087

I won't try to defend the cutscenes. They are super cheesy. But I'm just saying that the original version of the game had plenty of its own cheesy moments people just overlook. Especially the voice acting. MGS and Dragon Quest VIII are the biggest examples of people claiming the games have the 'best voice acting ever', when they're only obsessing over one voice and all the others are fucking horrible.
>>
>>388132087
You speak like there were no retard scenes in PS1
>>
>>388132771

Dude MGS1 had top tier voice acting what the fuck are you talking about,
>>
File: 4u.png (647KB, 1000x1230px) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
647KB, 1000x1230px
>>388129732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP29E9MljaE
>>
>>388132234
>throws a tantrum and almost kills an hostage in a fit of rage
Twin Snake best Sneku.
>>
>>388133275

>what the fuck are you talking about,
The fact that you think its good voice acting when they sound like a cast from a bad anime dub.
>>
So we all know the MGS1 part of Twin Snakes is fucked but how is the MGS2 part?
>>
>>388133694

>wow this Japanese game about anime rendition of G.I. Joe sounds like an over-the-top anime

WOWWWWWWW WTF
>>
>>388133784
What the fuck are you talking about, anon?
>>
>>388133694
No, he's right, you're a pathetic contrarian faggot and you need to fuck off.
>>
Stop making this shitty bait thread
>>
File: turbo.png (624KB, 1404x1080px) Image search: [Google]
turbo.png
624KB, 1404x1080px
>>388129732
it's still metal gear solid. easier, sure but still worth a shot
>>
>>388133784
Are you asking about the graphics and mechanics? Because that's all the game has from mgs2.
They're the same, which is bad because it still has 1's level design meaning it's piss easy in comparison to the original mgs1. Graphics are the same as mgs2
>>
>>388133979

>you don't like what I like so you're a contrarian!
Don't you have a antifa rally to be at?
>>
>>388134282
>Graphics are the same as mgs2

They really aren't, it looks substantially worse. Things might have the same poly count or whatnot but you can tell they didn't even put in half the work.
>>
>>388129732
Actually, it's not.
Worse voice acting. Worse OST. Worse cutscenes. Gameplay is too easy because the levels weren't designed around MGS2 mechanics.

Get better taste OP.
>>
>>388135102

>Worse voice acting.
They went from cheesy voice acting to more cheesy voice acting. I honestly don't see how you people can say Meryl or Mei Ling were good in any version. And stuff like "SNAKKKKKE!" is a meme for a reason.

Were the voices worse in the remake? Yup. But the PS1 version was also really bad.
>>
>>388134850
Looks the same to me. Even has snow stick to Snake and the screen which wasn't present in 2
>>
The cutscenes were over the goddamn top obviously and some of the nuance was lost in re-recorded dialogue, but I think the gameplay pretty significantly improved. No more Snake fucking auto-aiming through the fucking ceiling while running upstairs during the one escape sequence. The game is more mechanically sound, which did make the game easier. But the original was only ever hard because of Snake's lack of ability to do basic things like aim a gun.
>>
>>388135848
>But the original was only ever hard because of Snake's lack of ability to do basic things like aim a gun.
First of all, the game was designed around snakes inability to aim a gun or maneuver an edge taller than 3 feet, so to suddenly give snake these powers but put in the same game instead of making a new level based around it (like MGS2 proper did) is retarded.

But on top of that twin snakes is just outright easier anyway for reasons that have nothing to do with the MGS2 engine, like how ninja doesn't have his second phase anymore or snake starts out at the equivalent of max level in the ps1 version from the start
>>
>>388135371
twin snakes VA isn't cheesy because everyone sounds bored as fuck besides snake, liquid and the ninja who actually have hammier voice acting in twin snakes than the original.
>>
>>388129732
nah

you just have shit taste
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.