[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

foxhole thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (29KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29KB, 460x215px
how is the na population? will it be dead soon?
>>
>>388126856
It's a stable 1200-1500 concurrent players. Most if not NA servers are full with small queues.
>>
>>388127221
i've heard that a lot of the na servers are greifing chinese. any idea if that's true?\
>>
>>388126856
What's it like?
Do any of the roles seem incomplete or less useful?
>>
>>388127395
no idea, i'm just trying to decide whether or not to buy it mate
>>
>>388127339
I dunno, maybe in the early hours of the morning? Honestly I haven't seen any chinese do anything of note, ever.

>>388127395
There's no "roles". You just need to do what needs to be done.
>>
>>388127556
S what I meant m8, what kinda things need to be done and are some of them horribly unfinished, unrewarding, or shitty? What's the run-and-gun vs other junk ratio?
>>
>>388127716
The chain of production goes like this:

>mine scrap/components
>transport scrap to refineries
>manufacture basic materials/refined materials
>transport materials to factories
>build guns, vehicles, uniforms or gear
>transport stuff to the frontline

You can jump in at any point of the chain.

I don't really know how you'd classify anything as shitty. I guess if you are a scrap miner you are just going to stand around hitting piles of metal with a hammer but if you are doing that you probably have a podcast on or something.
>>
>>388127716
>What's the run-and-gun vs other junk ratio?
About 1:6
As in, you waste 30+ minutes getting ready for battle (granted you don't steal shit, or even find anything you're able to get), only to die in about 5 minutes in a fight. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>388128551
if i were to go and kill the people on the other team doing that shit would it affect the front lines significantly?
>>
>>388128832
No. Either you get a team to fight with you or you're just a number.
By the way, people can accurately shoot you from beyond your screen sight.
>>
>>388127339
Ive seen chinese. One strat is build a fence half way in battle. The builder and his team can shoot therew it but the enemy cannot
>>
File: Foxhole small.webm (3MB, 906x548px) Image search: [Google]
Foxhole small.webm
3MB, 906x548px
>>388128832
That's pretty much how it works, yeah. If you are on your own you can harass scrap fields, if you are with a squad you can set ambushes along roads.
>>
>>388128969
>people can accurately shoot you from beyond your screen sight.
is that intentional or just some EA bug?
>>
File: truck.webm (3MB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
truck.webm
3MB, 600x378px
Here's some squad raiding.

>>388129243
There's currently an issue with the screen being a rectangle. If you angle your camera toward the corners, you can see further than you'd be able to see otherwise. You still need to go prone at those distances to be able to hit anything reliably so anon is being hyperbolic.
>>
>it's another game that's only fun if you have people to play it with

I-I'll stick to my singleplayer games t-thanks anons
>>
>>388129219
>>388129553
i think ill pick it up then, thanks for answer my questions mate
>>
>>388129553
Not the truck of peace!
>>
>early acess
I guess I'll wait a year or so.
>>
>>388126856
The EU servers are pretty good as far as I can tell. I'm having fantastic fun!

I just wish more people realised that barbed wire and foxholes was better than stupid walls!
>>
>>388131728
The basic rule for Early Access is, "If it's good enough for the money NOW, then buy it. Don't buy for what it COULD be. I bought it for what it currently is and I can safely say, it was money well spent! Anything else added will just be icing on the cake right now.
>>
Personally, I couldn't get into it. Never been too social in games and this wasn't the exception, but I did give it a shot and it seemed fun. If they make some single player RTS/ top down shooter hybrid I'd be all over it though.
>>
>>388129783
>>388134987

You can get in a shitload of stuff just by existing though. People will literally call out to you to come man a gun or hop into a truck or make a squad or whatever.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.