[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: CNIfF0X.jpg (31KB, 155x263px) Image search: [Google]
CNIfF0X.jpg
31KB, 155x263px
What went wrong?
>>
>>388122259
Bizzard kept making games after warcraft 3
>>
>>388122259
Old guard was long gone.
>>
I'd have liked the game 10 times more if the art direction was actually good
>>
>>388122259
They fucked up the art style
>>
Horrible art style, mediocre graphics, absolutely insulting story with some of the worst writing you can find, WoW stat sticks for items, drop chances balanced around the RMAH at launch and the list goes on.
>>
Art style
Removing the auction house, only casuals disliked it.
Limited builds
General isometric ARPG issue of devolving into a loot grind
>>
It tried to be a sequel to D2
That said, it's not horrible if you turn your brain off, ignore the story, and just play it as a couch co op game
>>
>>388122714
I'm gonna add to this guy's list:
Almost all bosses has some really cringeworthy dialogue.
The ones who did the voices for all the demons did an awful job.
Boss cutscenes and cutscenes in the middle of certain boss fight. Seriously, what the fuck? Diablo was almost embarrassing to fight.

If playing single-player, then being forced to listen to your follower talking about stupid things forever and ever.

Could write more, but don't feel like it.
>>
>>388122259
It's not even that bad, especially co op on consoles can be really fun and comfy. The WoW tier artstyle is my biggest complaint.
>>
>diablo 4 will never have art direction done by fromsoft
>>
>>388122259
Base game release. It was fucking awful. Finding new loot was the most unfun experience I had in Diablo games. Reaper of Souls made the game lot better at least.
>>
>>388122259
>What went wrong?
Blizzard still owns the franchise.
>>
>>388122259
Release and the art style. I played it a few days ago because my brother bought the necromancer pack. It was really fun experience to be honest, the only thing I missed was the iron golem.
It's an ok game now.
>>
fuck that loser
>>
>>388122259
just about everything.
>>
>>388122259
A C T I V I S I O N
>>
>>388124170
This.
>>
>>388123954
They've always owned it. The real problem was that they let people who did not work on the first two Diablo games at all make Diablo III.
>>
>>388122259
Only memorable characters were Kormac, Lyndon and Khulle. They weren't amazing but at least they had some sort of personality, flair or cheesyness in a good way. Everyone else were either monotone/boring like Leah, Tyrael or straight up cringeworthy like Imperius, Diablo, Maghda, Belial, Azmodan. Basically, any nu-Blizzard character that has voice effects on it is a major red flag.
>>
File: diablos.jpg (183KB, 1210x1250px) Image search: [Google]
diablos.jpg
183KB, 1210x1250px
Casualisation.
>>
>>388123838
Debatable. At certain point, which comes very fast, everything that is not ancient and/or set is useless crap.

You can get end game BIS gear in 10 or so hours if you are lucky. From there all you can do is find better/more polished versions of that gear.
>>
>>388124139
Disagree. The necro in D2 was a strategist. The necro in D3 is a spell spammer. For example - a summoner necro will spend most of his time summoning mages.
>>
>>388122259
What's up with all these threads recently? Are you guys fishing for Diablo 4 feedback? In that case please don't have fucking 6pc sets ever again. And no +9000% damage bonus to specific skills either. Sets were the worst thing to happen to D3 and that's saying a lot when many really fucking bad things happened to it.
>>
>>388122259

>Item generation and drop rates were fucked
>skill-rune system sucked cuck
>gameplay too fast paced to appease the adhd generation kids
>degenerate wow artstyle
>too easy

had potential.
>>
>>388129765

oh yeah and the fucking story-line was some 12 year old power rangers shit.
>>
>>388129765
skill runes were a nice idea but them being actual items with 7 tiers that you slotted into your skill tree seemed much more interesting

though they could have made the effects more interesting somehow
>>
>>388122259
It'd be easier to ask what didn't go wrong. Somehow it went from legendares being insanely rare yet universally useless in vanilla to legendaries dropping like candy today and being way too strong by buffing a single ability to absurd levels, making them mandatory if you want to use that ability at all. That along with the rift system and absolutely retarded "you must play in exactly this way with these skills and runes listed on the bonuses" set design as >>388129714 mentioned led to some of the worst character diversity I've ever seen in an RPG. My favorite part of Diablo 2 was experimenting and customizing my character, so half the legendary items and ALL the sets literally telling me how to play is the best way to kill all of my interest in playing.
>>
>>388122259
>artstyle was terrible compared to the previous two games, way too bright and WoW-like
>no attributes to put points into, making levelling less fun since you are just getting runes for a set of skills
>every endgame build is the same
>some of the worst writing I've ever seen in a video game, worse than StarCraft II
>stupid quips from the player character that get old after a few hours of playing, just shut the fuck up

The core gameplay is actually satisfying and fun, it's a shame everything else feels neutered.
>>
>>388122259
it's a sequel to Gauntlet, not Diablo
>>
>>388130569
This, so much. Abilities like "20% more damage when you fart at enemies charging at speed 20 to 24 mph and shit defense is activated, unless enemies fly or are red" annoy the hell out of me.

Also - delays, cooldowns and related shit.
>>
>>388122259
Needs a trading system.

All we need is Diablo 2 HD.
>>
>>388122259
Nothing really. I mean it's shit, but it's shitty just like D2X/PoE are:
>Spam 1 offensive skill 95% of the time.
>Maintain leech equilibrium on hard content, meaning you either are an unkillable god, or you're gibbed in less than a second.
>Enemies and bosses are lifeless loot puppets that you barely interact with by the time your build starts rolling.
>Game degenerates into speed runs.
>Shitty movement and combat overall.
>Play through the game a million times for some stupid reason before you're bestowed with the privilege of doing the same loot runs (although this was fixed in D3/PoE).
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.