[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mad Max vs Just Cause 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault6.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault6.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
I finished Mad Max at 100% and I loved it. Driving was great.
How come I am bored witch Just Cause 3 after 15-20 hours?
Flying and gliding was fun for the first few hours... then i got bored.
I guess basic mechanics done right (like driving and exploring in Mad Max) is more gameplay-wise than throwing a bunch of flashy thing like flying, gliding, roping thing...
What's Your opinion?
>>
>>388121607
playing it atm, its pretty fun, only thing that rubs me a bit wrong is that you find gas/water/food around every corner with the ability to get it in the strongholds even tho its supposed to be rare goods. also Im swimming in scrap.
v6 is way weak if you want a decent defense on your ride so it doesnt brake down everytime you encounter enemy raiders. getting the v8 takes way to long.
>>
>>388122456
But what about Your overall experience with Mad Max? For me it was a lot of fun from start to finish. I wasn't bored at all.
Have you played Just Cause 3?
>>
File: MadMax 2015-09-03 06-20-43-38.webm (3MB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
MadMax 2015-09-03 06-20-43-38.webm
3MB, 840x525px
>>388121607
Mad Max runs better on PC then just shit 3
>>
I loved the setting, really faithful to the movies (or at least Fury Road) but it's too repetitive. I play it every now and then instead of finishing it in one go

That said, I love it. The screenshot mode is top tier at it's visually stunning.
>>
>>388123386
TRUE and the graphics are better.
What is more, Mad Max desert are more colorful and diverse than Just Case 3 islands.
>>
Just Cause 3 was such a letdown after 2. The jetpack dlc is pretty cool though.
Mad Max in alright, but the combat is fairly boring. Great game for screenshots.
>>
>>388124502
I really hate repetitiveness and collecting useless stuff in games but surprisingly i collected everything in Mad Max because i wanted too. Every scrap filled location, however small, seemed to me different from the other. Like every place had a small story to tell.
>>
>>388121607
Mad Max was made by the original sweden studio of Avalanche that made the other JC games, while a newer NY studio made JC3. Simple as that, really.
>>
File: Mad Max_20150911174139.jpg (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mad Max_20150911174139.jpg
302KB, 1920x1080px
Every game should have a Photo Mode.
>>
>>388125547
Fuck! You're right.
from wikipedia:
"While Mad Max was being developed by Avalanche's studio in Stockholm, the New York division was working on Just Cause 3.[30] The development of Just Cause 3 also began in early 2012. While the previous Just Cause games were developed by the Swedish studio, the development of Just Cause 3 was transferred to the New York studio to give the title a fresh start"
Damn, You just resolved the biggest mystery in my life. Thanks.
>>
>>388125813
I'm also pretty sure it's why JC3's performance was so bad and they had such glaring issues like that super nasty memory leak.
>>
>>388123263
I am having fun so far even tho everyone kept saying it gets tedious. the camps all have nice individual features and the driving around the landscape is satisfying with a nice atmosphere.
I played Just Cause 2 but came to realize its just not my game with the over the head humour and clunky weaponplay. the flying around and making shit explode was pretty fun tho. never tested out 3 tho.
>>
The car combat was mostly good, which is like the main gameplay thing you would want done right when making a Mad Max game
>>
>>388126612
3 is alright but when I played it it always felt is was lacking something though I could never put my finger on it.

The jet powered sticky bombs were pretty goddamn fun.
>>
>>388127286
My experience is that JC3 is only fun for a few hours when I mess around with it's gimmics. But I am not motivated to finish the game.
>>
File: 1279165661008.jpg (37KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
1279165661008.jpg
37KB, 600x426px
I fucking loved Mad Max because Max is just an absolute monster. Once you upgrade his melee abilities fucking forget about it, you can run into a group of 20 guys and they're all beaten to death in less than 30 seconds. So much fun.
>>
File: mad-max-20150905220458_hhxw.jpg (173KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mad-max-20150905220458_hhxw.jpg
173KB, 1600x900px
He did nothing wrong
>>
I really want a gorkamorka style game where im driving some ladz at breakneck speed to a piece of scrap and some gits think they gonna nick dat first. Show dem da powa of morkerz and what a truck fulla ladz with nades will do
>>
>>388121607

Maybe this is my own fault for insisting on clearing the entire map before moving on with the story, but I could only play it in short sittings. Fights are extremely repetitive, and I've never been enamored with the Arkham Asylum style of "counter->attack repeatedly/mix up with executions->counter" melee combat.

There were good moments sprinkled throughout. The "dungeons" in the deep desert were full of atmosphere, but they were too linear. Car customization was fun, but ultimately silly because you could alter the car on the go rather than having to make a tactical choice, so you'll always have the best acceleration/weight ratio or best tires for the situation.

I haven't played JC3 yet (though I have it). I tried to play JC2 a year or so ago and couldn't get into it. I've heard JC3 is worse.
>>
File: I remember the Road Warrior...jpg (949KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
I remember the Road Warrior...jpg
949KB, 1600x900px
>>388121607
every time until someone remembers the road warrior...
>>
>classic outfit and shotgun unlocks after game completion
this pisses me off, I dont think I will play it again any time soon after finishing it.
>>
I loved this game, but when I played it it was running a bugged version on steam that hindered you from 100%ing it due to some container being wonky or something. Lessened me enthusiasm for the game.

You could still finnish the game, just no the map.

Fun game though, hoping for a sequel someday.
>>
>>388128167
Here's another reason why this game is underrated, the ending is actually kind of fucked up and not at all what you expect yet keeping with the characterization of Max from the movies. The dude just can't stop being a total cunt.
>>
>>388128714
And then those NPC encounters after the end of the story. Fuck me.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.