[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
What went wrong?

How will valve fuck up more with the next update?
>>
>>388121378
What next update?
>>
>>388121445
fpbp
>>
File: Sem título.png (251KB, 1750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
251KB, 1750x1000px
>>388121445
you know, the one that is taking more than a fucking year to release.

Not counting that we also gonna have to wait for heavy's update as well.
>>
>>388121378
its a decade old, let it go
>>
>>388121570
never
>>
>>388121378
3 years ago, the game played fine on my PC, but now i barely can get a stable 20FPS on an empty server

i'll never understand this
>>
>>388123627
I am in a similar situation.

Even with all the effects down i still get fps drops when there is too much shit on the screen
>>
File: yoreugleh.webm (336KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
yoreugleh.webm
336KB, 500x640px
Hey /v/
yore
ugleh
>>
_____ __ ___ _____
>>
File: brigade_helm.png (251KB, 600x513px) Image search: [Google]
brigade_helm.png
251KB, 600x513px
>>388124385
>>
File: pyro update never.gif (304KB, 373x358px) Image search: [Google]
pyro update never.gif
304KB, 373x358px
>>388121378
valve stopped caring, and don't want to hire more people to work on a ded game.
>>
>>388121564
Template?
>>
>>388121378
People still buy cosmetics and keys, so the money for updates is there, Valve would rather ust waste that money on useless tech that no one is going to buy.
>>
>>388125527
just erase the images mate, i don't have a template for it.
>>
>>388123627
someone argued here once that it was because of the high poly count of the cosmetics, which makes sense imo considering there could be a hundred different ones used at the same time on a valve server
>>
>Halloween right around the corner
>TF2 is losing players like crazy
>No other halloween games really exist
Is it worth it?
>>
>>388127702
trey havent done a halloween special in a while.

the only thing you can do now is use your Halloween cosmetics.
>>
>>388127702
is what worth what? Is the HDD space worth the fun of a yearly event? no. Is the gameplay worth the money? well it's free so, yeah. Is it worth making a halloween event for a dying game? when the remaining playerbase hemorrhages money any time a new cosmetic is released, yes.
>>
>>388125139
>Valve employees are allowed to choose which project they work on

>Welcome to Valve Anon, its me Gaben!
>You can either chose to join the VR Cutting edge Technology department
>or you can choose to work on this 9 year old game that is literally a mess of code after hundreds of developers worked on it as well as having an assload of balancing issues that no one has been able to address so far.

>>>>>why doesnt valve work on TF2??
>>
>>388127841
Every Halloween they have Halloween themed version of several maps though that temporarily replace the default ones.
>>
Hey guys they updated the loot boxes what more do you bastards want? Buy these fucking crates
>>
>>388128036
>Valve employees are allowed to choose which project they work on

that meme is a decade old at this point and the only real evidence for it nowadays is that Valve isn't publicly traded
>>
Overall, I'd say things were looking up after Gun Mettle and Tough Break happened, they brought some very good balance changes to the game. But otherwise the game has stagnated and the awful matchmaking system has only pushed people away, I feel.

Also valve's entire structure of "work on whatever the fuck you want" hasn't helped any.
>>
>>388128198
>my uncle works at valve and heb said gaben decides XXDCDDD
>>
>>388128198
I mean do you really think anyone there or looking to join valve would want to just do bug fixes and balancing for a 10 year old game instead of work on their new shit?
>>
>>388128386
nobody there does, that's correct. it's not making as much money as an ASSFAGGOTS card game would.
You misunderstand my post. I agree that nobody is working on TF2, but not becuase they choose not to, it's because their bosses tell them not to
>>
>>388128038
yeah, but dont do anything new anymore.
>>
>>388123627
Mine jumps between around 220 and 120 and my rig's pretty shit. I know of others with the same problem though.
>>
Nothing went wrong. Game changed the industry. It's 10 years old now and it shouldn't come as a surprise that people at Valve are not as interested on it anymore. It isn't dead yet tho, still 50k on average and the new major update is said to be nearly finished.
>>
>>388128727
That's just TF2 being TF2
>>
>>388128198
>http://www.valvesoftware.com/company/Valve_Handbook_LowRes.pdf

Its in their own employee handbook.
>>
>>388123627
I had the same problem oddly enough I just bumped the graphics and my FPS was stable at around 60
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.