[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what did you think of Genesis Surviver Gaiarth: the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 6523.jpg (22KB, 240x299px) Image search: [Google]
6523.jpg
22KB, 240x299px
So what did you think of Genesis Surviver Gaiarth: the game?
>>
BOTW
>>
It was a lot of fun. It had great combat mechanics, a beautiful world, a good story, and interesting and cleverly revealed lore.
>>
>>388121087
>korok seed posting
>>
>>388120906
wait this game came out already?
>>
>>388120906
It's fun. Combat is great and story was surprisingly competent.
Wish the world was larger and had more combinations of robots.
Will be interesting to see what new robots will be in the DLC.
>>
>>388120906

what are the chances there will be a GOTY version with all DLC? not bought it yet and can't decide if waiting would be better
>>
>>388123642
Almost certainly, but only the first DLC has even been announced so far. Not sure if they're releasing more for it or not.
>>
>>388123642
There's only one DLC planned from what we know. Getting the game for under $30 is probably the best deal you'll get since the DLC's $15.
Just wait regardless if you have a backlog.
>>
Playing it ATM. The core gameplay itself is pretty fun, and the visuals are some of the best I have seen this generation.

However, my biggest issues are:

-The controls can be clunky as fuck
-Climbing/jumping up shit feels finicky at best, and unresponsive at worst.
-It feels like there is a small amount of input lag occasionally or when selecting items or healing. There have been several times I have tried to heal when there are no obstructions and it does not let me.
-The hitboxes can feel off at times and either too small or too big.
-The story and world so far is pretty meh all around, the tribal aspect feels more like a parody then something to take seriously.
-Voice acting is atrocious, some of it is alright while others sound like they are fresh off the street.

Despite all of that, I am having a lot of fun and will finish it to the end. For it being a new IP, I think Guerrilla Games did a pretty decent job. Still though, I would want to see a lot of improvements in the sequel if they make one.
>>
>>388120906
It was fun. World felt full and combat was rewarding for knowing weaknesses and how to approach everything and theres multiple ways to kill shit. Story was okay. Didnt have the feminist bullshit people tried to claim. Didnt hit you over head with sjw nonsense. Lot of the most interesting story parts were from audio logs, which was annoying because they would put them near actual cutscene/dialogue sections and the audio would overlap, forcing you to just sit and listen if you cared.
>>
File: DHwPfh4XcAIkDWw.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DHwPfh4XcAIkDWw.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
I liked it. Pretty solid game. Interesting story and nice design of the world, clothes, machines, etc. Gameplay is good for an open world game. They took a lot of elements from other open world games, from latest Far Cry games (hunt, bandits' camps, etc) and from Witcher 3 especially (detective mode, "horseback" riding). Facial animation is horrendous though. And, since it's 2017, all dat sjw pandering is kinda in-your-face obvious (refugee camp was especially out of the place).
>>
>>388126143
>all dat sjw pandering
What else was even there besides that one that gets posted all the time?
>>
Can anyone spoil me on the game lore and story?

Why are there machine dinosaurs, where did old humanity go
>>
>>388127314
Eh, too much, really. I don't even mind matriarchy Nora thing, and that most leader characters are women. I did laugh at that muslim black lady, who was responsible for Apollo though (it's really fucking weird, given timeframe. Unless muslims somehow managed to completely reform their backward ideology in span of mere 20-30 years). No wonder it failed.

There like three positive characters that are white males in all story.
On the other hand, almost all villains are.
Ted "Man who sold the world" Faro, gore-loving junkie Travis (not exactly villain, but he is directly responsible for Hades), main baddie Helis.

Also, I was pissed off with lack of choices. Game force me to make one decision. Like in side-quest with stolen sword, or refugee camp.

The list goes on. They even managed to include tranny somehow.
>>
>>388127314
It felt throughout as if the writers had an agenda they were pushing. No prominent female bad guys. Most of the prominent "good" people we're female. Aloy questions why there is a King in another tribe and no queen, when she lives in a tribe that solely has female leaders. All the men have something wrong with them. Even, The most stand up guy is a drunk. It just felt as though the women were put on a pedestal.

I enjoyed the game in spite of this though.
>>
>>388128460
>>388128717
All of that just struck me as 'this is what this world is' instead of some sort of narrative being pushed. I could be wrong, not that I care enough or noticed even half the supposed sjw ghosts in this game, but it all felt rather...storytelling. So they have women in charge, that's nothing new. So they have POC everywhere, I look out my window and see that, okay. I mean, most of this stuff seems pretty commonplace. Maybe because it's all seemingly lumped together that people are claiming it's a motive being pushed?

Either way, really good game. Really wish I had more reason to use my melee, and although riding a Sawtooth would probably break the game, it would've been nice to do so.
>>
>>388127508

Self replicating killer robots that fed on biomatter, literally ate the environment and all life. A friendly AI was made called Gaia, with a suite of programs named after Greek Gods, including an information and cultural program called Apollo and a reset program in case she fucked up called Hades. She also built a code to shutdown the killer bots but that took about 100-500 years ~.

500~ years later the new people were made in a tube by the friendly AI. However Apollo was purged by the creator of the killer bots on the project before the new humans were made. He wasn't doing on purpose just greedy and incompetent, but that is why the new humans are ignorant of the old world and tribals. The same AI developed a penchant and love for megafauna and made most the robots in game to help rebuild the atmosphere.

Hades one of the programs gained sentience and Gaia had to self destruct to stop it from piggybacking off her systems.
>>
>>388129431
Don't get me wrong I loved the game. But I just felt "uhh not this shit again" whenever there was yet another strong independent female. And to not have a single female villain. Felt too much like pandering.

I too would have like to have ridden a sawtooth.
>>
>>388129919

That is surprisingly concise way to summarize it. I enjoyed the backstory explained in the ruins way more than anything else in the game. Just listening and seeing the holo recordings of all the scientists and stuff struggling to complete the project in time before the world literally ends was really interesting.
>>
>>388128717

Actually the most stand up guy is Rost and that is even before you hear his backstory. Dude literally asked for a death sentence to hunt down the killers of his daughter and other children in the tribe. Treks literally across the entire continent to hunt them down over the course of a year. Limps his wounded ass back to the sacred land so he can die close to home. Is dragged back in by a concerned citizen and given lenience to live in the sacred land as long as he lives as an exile. Gladly raises a child that the tribe abandons as his own, teaches you everything he knows and then DIES to save your life.
>>
>>388131394
My bad, Anon. You right.
>>
>best open world combat ever
>best graphics on console
>best story for a non-linear game
>big map with plenty to discover
>cute Aloy
It is, unironically, my GOTY.
>>
>>388128460
>I don't even mind matriarchy Nora thing,
Why the fuck would you?
It was shown like ass backwards, superstitious and overall bad.
Every other tribe was miles ahead compared to Nora.
>most leader characters are women
Where? King - guy, Antagonist leader - guy, Large fortress commander - guy. Hunter guild best hunter - guy, King's military commander - guy, well, after his sister was confirmed that but that doesn't really matter, does it?
>3 good white males / 3 bad white males
>sjw
>The list goes on.
Why didn't you write more then? The things you mentioned besides the muslim woman are questionable at best and outright wrong at worst.
>>
>>388133959

I don't like that I wanted to fuck literally every named female NPC (besides the matriarchs) and have no attraction to Aloy. The black double agent girl with the veil outfit was especially fuckable.
>>
>>388127508
Muslims were invading europe so an evil nazi white man created truckasaurus to destroy them, but truckasaurus got out of control and made other dinobots and before long the world was all dinosaurs but stong womyn of color remade the world and white men would never again build truckasaurus's.
>>
>>388124658
>It feels like there is a small amount of input lag occasionally or when selecting items or healing
I don't think you can heal while swinging or shooting. Maybe that's it?
>>
>>388127508

Basically the world's biggest mega corporation that specializes in military grade automation that uses bio-matter as fuel fucked up and somehow their robots were infected to stop responding to commands. The hivemind continues to replicate and eat literally every biological entity on the planet. Humanity sees it has less than 24 months before the world is uninhabitable (as in entire ecosystem due to bio-matter degregation) and cannot fight back due to the robots having no backdoor for shutdown.

Super genius lady convinces high command of US to gather other super geniuses and creates a project in the time they have left remaining to make true AI system with subsystems to develop method of shutting down robots and repopulating the world through test tube babies and other systems to educate them, regrow plant and animal life, the whole shebang long after the original humans die off.

Megacorp owner goes fucking crazy over guilt and DELETES the subsystem that holds all the knowledge of mankind (he thinks it will corrupt them) so the test tube babies born 500 years later have no way to educate themselves. They are forced out of the underground facilities due to lack of resources to fend for themselves and hundreds of years later, turn into the tribal societies you see in the game. The robo-dinos prominent in the game are created from another subsystem of the AI to help create the new bio-sphere (planting seeds, tilling soil, etc) but start to go defensive and haywire due to some corruption in the AI. Another subsystem responsible as a hard reset to the whole thing is also corrupted and acts as the main antagonist since it literally wants to kill all life again to start again from scratch.
>>
>>388120906
great game that could be a start of a good series

more rpg elements in the sequel would be great
>>
The item progression was terrible in this game, it needed at least another tier of weaponry.

The whole idea of buying the same weapon, but better is so un-fun to begin with as well. Maybe, if the weapon mods had worked more like runes do in Diablo 3, it would have been a way to make the weapons more dynamic and fun.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.