[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overwatch's player count's drop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Overwatch's fall.jpg (243KB, 758x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch's fall.jpg
243KB, 758x1190px
I've found a way to roughly assess Overwatch's player count's drop, and it's huge.

Stats site named overbuff gives you a quick rank per hero, on pic related you can see that the player I've used for my research (that one autist who played every hero for 100 hours so I can have all the stats I needed on one page) is ranked 137,588 out of 370,661 Soldier:76 players. This means that on PC, 370,661 people have played Soldier enough to have that rank in qp. 2nd place goes to Lucio with 353,331 players and worst place for a hero playable at launch goes to Bastion with 87,275 players, as you can see on the picture.

Now this is where things are getting interesting. If you look at heroes who have been released after the game's launch, you can have a hint at how the player base has shrinked. As you can see, Ana had a lot of success with 209,946 players, she was released three months after the game's launch.
But if you look at Sombra, the second released hero...That's right, only 37,231 players. While there are excuses for this, such as she's shit, and players already had their main and didn't want to go out of their comfort zone to learn someone new, that number is still alarming.
Now jumping directly to Doomfist, only 7,145 people played him enough to have a quick rank. You could say he's new, but he's already one month old, and while that number is growing, you'll be able to monitor it too and see that it doesn't grow that fast. Given Doomfist's appeal, had he been available at launch, his players number would probably be somewhere between other offense heroes ones.

Conclusion : game's bleeding players like crazy.
>>
>>388120549
Good thinking. Now let's see if any Overwatch babbies have an intelligent rebuttal.
>>
lol hilarious how when it's factually negative to Overwatch, none of the stealth Blizzard shills will reply.
>>
Actual player count numbers would be nice.
>>
>>388120549
Fake news.
>>
that doesn't make sense my man
>>
>>388123321
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Treeboydave-2528?
>>
File: blizzard drones.png (373KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
blizzard drones.png
373KB, 900x900px
>>388120549
Pretty much everyone always says they got bored of it. It's a real shit game that sold because of marketing and Blizzard's name. PC drones especially worship Blizzard.
>>
Site only grabs stats for the players when you search their battletag. Its same for rocket league stat tracking website with less players than currently online players.
>>
>>388120549
The game has definitely lost players, but those numbers don't seem accurate.

Quick rank on overbuff doesn't rank anyone who has less than 8 hours on a single hero. That's anywhere from like 50 to 100 quick play matches

also >>388123720
>>
>>388123673
More like Blizzdrones worship Blizzard. Modern WESTERN videogame design is hilariously similar to the amusement factor and longevity of fidget spinners
>>
Its a good basic idea but I think it needs more data collected. Also its not that great an indicator because aside from Ana all the new heroes have been pretty shit and Doomfist is still too new.
>>
>>388125997
Are they Bastion level of shit though ?
>>
>>388120549

Wow, I thought I've seen everything from angry gamers mad that people still play Overwatch, but you really went all out this time with your autism, anon, and you're not even right.

SAD!
>>
>going this hard just to shitpost about a game you hate
>>
File: IMG_0400.jpg (65KB, 600x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0400.jpg
65KB, 600x792px
>Overwatch will die any day now!

t. increasingly distraught contrarian anon for the 20th time this year
>>
>>388126398

Sombra from everything I've heard is generally only useful for very specific team comps that know how and when to abuse the fuck out of her ult. Orisa is just "why would you even bother playing this character?".

Bastion at least had a couple spots where he was more common (especially when you could stack heroes) but otherwise he's never been that popular.
>>
File: 1502578078591.jpg (78KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1502578078591.jpg
78KB, 640x634px
When are we going to ban Ov*rw*tch threads? The only people left playing are cancer tumblr whores and the only people who still support Blizzard are retarded autistic betas, there's nothing good to be found in an Ov*rw*tch thread
>>
I played to death for a year but i dropped month ago. My friend group dropped too beside one autist guy.

First two days was hard but then i forgot about game
>>
>>388127605
W*y ar* y*u d**ng th*is
>>
>>388120549
Good. Splatoon 2 is way better and it's fanbase is progressive, so normal people will find it more welcoming.
>>
I pretty much stopped playing after I played the last time and got greeted with a Roadhog who could no longer hook and kill people, just badly injure them, rendering the entire character fucking worthless.

Should gas Jeff Kaplan desu.
>>
>>388120549
It's obvious that OW won't live long as it is. Blizzard needs either a complete overhaul of the gameplay or more heroes released periodically.

But the gameplay is so casual and the skill ceiling so low, it's unsalvageable. And they are creatively broken for the heroes, most OW heroes are hybrids of TF2 classes, maimed of their gameplay mechanics. Mei is a pyro, Junkrat is a demoman without a stickygun, Bastion is heavy when on turret mode, Mercy is obviously the medic with wings, sombra has the invisibility of the spy etc...
Logically, they would release a character which can disguise itself, but they won't because it would be broken against casuals (who remain the target audience) and they won't put instakill moves in the game.

The game was meh/bad at release and it won't get better. I give it 3 years before a proper class based FPS takes its place. (TF3 probably)
>>
>27k people playing paladins right now
>takes 1 or 2 minutes to find match
>"38 gorillion" players in overwatch
>takes 8 minutes to find match

Why Blizzard lie so much about the numbers of players?
>>
File: 1497508094622.gif (673KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497508094622.gif
673KB, 400x400px
>>388120549
Thanks anon, good work and good to know this cancer is slowly bleeding to death.
>>
File: darknight.png (4MB, 3717x1984px) Image search: [Google]
darknight.png
4MB, 3717x1984px
My first photoshop cut how is it anons
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.