[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

good games to play during guaranteed power outages? need to stock up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: hurricane.jpg (113KB, 860x608px)
hurricane.jpg
113KB, 860x608px
good games to play during guaranteed power outages? need to stock up.
>>
>>388120336
>play during guaranteed power outages
Boardgames?
>>
>>388120336
In Houston, gonna be feeling it pretty soon.

Personally, find a book and go read it as you wait for power to come back on.
>>
>>388120435
>what are vita, 3DS, GBA games, even console games if you have a generator

jesus /v/ come on
>>
>>388120336
dont worry, extreme weather is just a myth
>>
>>388120336
If you still got a GBC or GBA then stock up on batteries and hitting up pawn shops for games is your best bet.
>>
>>388120624
its not that common to own a generator, besides if there is a power outage shouldn't you save the generators energy for useful things?
>>
>>388120336
>tfw I live directly on the coastline, and just bought a new desktop computer.
Well...Hm.
>>
>>388120875
It won't hurt any to recharge up a handheld but I wouldn't be using it to power a TV to play a console game like he suggested.
>>
>>388120996
Keep it it off the floor at the very least. Really anything you like you need to keep in a high place if possible to be on the safe side.
>>
When Matthew hit last year we lost power for 4 days. I played Dragon Warrior 3 and Link's Awakening DX on GBC with a flash light hanging over my head because we had like 100 AA batteries.
>>
>>388120875
>its not that common to own a generator,
Maybe if you're poor or live in a city. Everyone around me has at least one diesel generator.

>besides if there is a power outage shouldn't you save the generators energy for useful things?
Power generation isn't scaleable when it's running it produces a set amount of power (let's say 10 kW) and that's it. If I'm only drawing 8kW out of my 10kW I'm wasting 2kW which is more than enough to power a TV and a game console.
>>
>>388120336
RPGs
>>
>>388120996
Even if you get power back don't plug it in or turn it on right away. Chances are the power lines are still fucked and you might get surges, power loss or worse, a transformer blowing. I lost a pc this way.
>>
File: 20170824_095033.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_095033.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I live in Miami and w ehavent had a hurricane in so long I'm wondering what we're overdue for. I will say I'm loving the cooler weather and constant rains.
>>
Why would anyone live on the coast
Midwest a best, we also have Culvers
>>
>>388121572
>Not using an UPS
That was your mistake.
>>
>>388121832
I was though it blew the shit out of that as well. Also lost a microwave and a TV.
>>
>>388120336
Card games
Tabletops
Hide and seek
>>
>>388120336
Grab the genitals
>>
>>388121984
Either you're lying or your house wasn't up to code and the electrician who installed your power outlets backstabbed them like a lazy cunt.
>>
>>388122261
I wish I was lying. Had to redo some bullshit 10 page essay because of it. The transformer that blew was literally next to our house I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the house had bad wiring though.
>>
>>388121783
triggered... I miss culvers
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.