[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechanical Botting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: drinkingbirdbot.gif (463KB, 443x299px) Image search: [Google]
drinkingbirdbot.gif
463KB, 443x299px
Hello /v/, see pic related to understand what mechanical botting is.
Incase you're retarded, mechanical botting is a non-punishable form of botting (most games) that uses no software but a real life object to click for you, thus avoiding all the software scouts that run on your computer while playing a MMO or other grindfest game.
Now, my question is, should I use a drinking bird or are there better methods to consider?

No DIY contraptions please, they are either difficult to make or wear out so quickly they are useless.
>>
>>388119870
How complicated are the inputs that you need?
>>
>>388120038
I need a mechanical thing that clicks my left mouse key every 20 seconds or shorter, that's all.
>>
File: 1418544558633.jpg (45KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1418544558633.jpg
45KB, 375x375px
>>388119870
>he wants to bot an MMO or a grindfest with a drinking bird
>>
I'd be surprised if the drinking bird had enough force to press keys.
>>
>>388119870
I'm not sure which game you plan on doing this for, but I know several had it in their user agreements that you won't use any sort of automation including physical bots. I also know from experience that in a game like WoW at least, not responding to a GM who messages you when they suspect you're botting is usually a bannable offense.
>>
Buy a cheap ass keyboard, bind every key to mouse1 put in a cage with a hamster.
>>
>>388120209
Any reason why you wouldn't program a macro on your mouse? I know at least SteelSeries mice have this capability.
Also why would you not use AutoHotkey? They can't really ban you for having an AHK process running on your PC and having a script that clicks on random intervals isn't really detectable either

A drinking bird of enough size would probably do what you want it to
Alternatively, you could get an Arduino and a simple actuator. Has the advantage that it's programmable.
>>
>>388120467
But a GM won't suspect a thing if warden can't find anything
>>
File: nice.png (712KB, 714x931px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
712KB, 714x931px
You could probably set some shit up with one of those build-able roller coaster things for kids so it clicks your mouse when it runs by.
>>
File: peensy-parts-1024x897.png (1MB, 1024x897px) Image search: [Google]
peensy-parts-1024x897.png
1MB, 1024x897px
>>388119870
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/

program it with virtual keyboard/mouse firmware (google "rubber ducky teensy" or "peensy"), upload whatever payload you want - even complicated key sequences or whole scripts are possible, and enjoy.
For consoles there's CronusMAX (I actually used this one to farm swimsuits in DOAX3 on PS4)

those devices are transparent to your system, they are recognized as generic keyboard / mouse

Also, for shit and giggles I wrote program that captured Miku Project DIVA FT screenshots off capture card, did some basic pattern recognition and then generated input for the game
it was able to perfect most of the Extreme songs
>>
Just use the best rapid prototyping technology ever made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7r9Dv7bCI4
>>
>>388123031
I see your Lego and raise you a fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXLUzvn8r-4
>>
>>388121953
Doesn't Warden just send a hash of your running processes to check for known programs? It's not like they'd detect it if you wrote your own auto clicker.
>>
File: 1487369162593.png (364KB, 500x569px) Image search: [Google]
1487369162593.png
364KB, 500x569px
>>388122890

as someone who enjoys rhythm games, that sounds really cool, do you have any videos of it?

reminds me of something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXrBnnyukp8
>>
File: woji.png (139KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
woji.png
139KB, 394x360px
I miss my Star Wars Galaxies macros.

Comfiest game ever.
>>
>>388124265
Holy shit this is genius but what's a good thing to high alch these days
>>
>>388121090
Been botting with self made image recognition ahk scripts and haven't been banned on diablo 3. The public ones had bans for that though
>>
>>388125145
Unfortunately not, no video. But it was pretty much similar to what you posted except it wasn't mechanical and it wasn't perfect - it had problems with getting Cool on everything (especially on long chains of notes) - capture card had slight variable delays, CronusMAX also introduced slight latency. But it worked and did get Perfect on most songs.
I'm programmer, my specialty (so to speak) is pattern recognition and image analysis in particular, so that was fun little project to do.
>>
I'd pay good money for any device that has downwards motion to press a key for me.
>>
I set up a pulley system on a small wheel motor with a heavy piece of metal on one end that dropped about an inch to press a key, and went back up an inch to release the key. Took me a couple minutes to put together and perfect.

Still got banned for botting in runescape because no gaming company gives a shit if you try and bypass their rules.
>>
>>388127229
doesn't runescape give 2 warnings and then hold an autistic ingame trial to perma you on third offense?
>>
>>388127229
How long did you mechbot though? If you do it inhuman long periods, your fault for being retarded.
>>
File: 1502374603458.jpg (64KB, 437x606px) Image search: [Google]
1502374603458.jpg
64KB, 437x606px
I remember doing something like this for final fantasy 12
>>
>>388127554
I don't know what they do now but you could get 2 day or week ban as a "warning" or you could just get perma banned.

I got permanbanned for using a program to make cannonballs. Then I got a week ban for auto clicking alching on another account some time later.

>>388127760
2 or 3 hours maybe? Nothing too unrealistic. But the problem with a timed delay on mechbotting or running a script is if your clicks have the same interval over any period of time most companies just ban you for botting because no human clicks like that. There's always a variable between clicks.
>>
>>388119870
I only do chemical botting.
>>
>>388127930
Solid point, my dad was an electrician before he got 99 farming and went jew mode.
Is a device with a random or semirandom interval doable? Bonus points if it can be connected to a smartphone for configuration
>>
File: 1500058986676.png (150KB, 498x403px) Image search: [Google]
1500058986676.png
150KB, 498x403px
>>388119870
>runescape
>keyboard
>>
>>388119870
>>388127862

I think i agree with Reggie on this: "if a game isn't fun, why bother?"
>>
>>388126541
Honest question: how do you create you own bot? Where do you even begin?
>>
Just get a hamster and set up the button along with a pellet dispenser that has a small chance of giving a pellet whenever it pushes the button. Completely undetectable even if they look for players who play mechanically.
>>
>>388128196
Sure. I guess if you want something complex you could run a motor that attaches to multiple sized wheels and switches "gears" randomly. Kind of like what a car or speed bike does.

If you're fancy with voltage, you could set up something that has varying outputs of power so that your motor spins at a different rpm every second or so.

I never made mine for the purpose of botting, I just happened to see a use for it. Both of those seem like fun projects if you're into that kind of thing though.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>388119870

>Not just making one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqVLQEKsuNw

Why are you such a brainlet?
>>
>>388126541
Do you use ImageSearch or colors for finding out what to click?

>>388128567
Find task to automate, pick a language (usually AHK or Scar Divi but I don't know too much about Scar), figure out way to automate (pattern recognition, timed clicks, movement, etc), code, debug
>>
>>388128567
Not that anon, but just pick up a programing language, and you'll eventually find it has some way to manipulate the keyboard, mouse, and get screen pixel data. C++ has this functionality
>>
>>388129035
Why though? Mechanical with random interval is totally undetectable, yes?
>>
>>388128567
If the game does not have any "countermeasures" (detecting suspicious running programs) etc, then just use AutoHotkey or whatever.
If it does then you'll have to become a little more crafty, get microcontroller board, flash it with virtual keyboard, write scripts.
If you want something mechanical (pushing actual buttons on your keyboard instead of emulating one) get into mechanical microcontroller stuff - servos, actuators, relays, stepper motors etc.

If you want something more than dumb script that always execute the same without any context then you'll need to capture, process and recognize images - this is really broad subject (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_analysis) and it can take years to cover and learn most of the useful stuff, but you can start with basics and be able to do really simple image analysis at first

>Where do you even begin?
Start by learning programming. Python is great for beginners. It also has a lot of useful libraries ready out of the box - image processing, hardware interaction, screenshot capture, video capture, etc. If you want to go into microcontrollers also learn basics of C. You won't need it that much but most microcontrollers are programmed in either some C-like custom dialect or asm.
>>
>>388129435
You can still get banned manually by a mod if they notice you and think its suspicious.
Otherwise, a self made image recognition bot is as safe as a mechanical one.
>>
>>388129814
I know some C++, but as an engineer all i do is crunch numbers on a prompt window. I really need to expand my knowledge of programming.
>>
>>388130151
Doesn't it use virtual key inputs? That shit was detectable.
I remember I had to patch a windows dll to avoid this.
It was like 10 years ago though.
>>
Isn't botting a side effect risen from badly designed games?
>>
>>388130767
No? It's a side effect of cash shops and lazy people.
>>
>>388130952
but if you use grind to elongate a game, you'll get bots too?
>>
>>388131216
Because lazy people don't want to grind.
And poor people don't want to spend money on materials.
>>
I remember I did a click recorder back in the day. Basically it would capture the movement of my mouse, and clicks I do for a period of time, then replicate them.

So, I'd run a super simple route, mine ore, then when bags were full, run back to the bank, and deposit.

I only ever had one good run with it, runescape had a few too many variables for it to be perfect on repeats.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.