[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this be a good template for Sonic Adventure 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault(3).jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(3).jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
Would this be a good template for Sonic Adventure 3?
>>
>>388119492
They need to show an actually tightly designed level, right now most of it is just running around empty space.
>>
No, the dev should just reskin it with an original character to actually make money off of it.

Adventure 3 should use, gee I don't know, Adventure 2 as a template.
>>
>>388119492
How can you make a 3D Sonic in an open world viable?
How can enemies even become a threat to you if you're too fast for them?
Make them use hitscan? lmao
>>
how about just put 3d sonic out of its fucking misery, they haven't tried that template yet
>>
>>388119492
>Sonic Adventure 3
No thanks I've had enough of those
>>
I love when instead of a series moving forwards it just devolves into pandering to 40 year old neckbeard nostalgia. Classic Sonic and Green Hill Zone in every Sonic game ever from now until the end of time!
>>
I've only seen youtube videos of it, but it looks fun.
The physics and speed is close to what they should attempt, at least.

The problem with the current level is that it's linear. At the very least, it needs some things to collect.
Even linear is fine in theory, but that's a really complex level that would take a lot of work, and designing 30-40 of those would take a lot of work and be difficult.
They also need to make it more diverse. It needs to feel like you are traveling somewhere, not just green hills. For example, they could have it transform into a castle halfway through and make you run on castle walls. Just do things that make them interesting as more than just a gameplay sandbox.

The levels could possibly be designed as a doughnut or a CD, where you go in circles, possibly with the ability to cross the middle too. Or place mountain in the middle to climb.
>>
>>388119583
There's a secret area that mocks a brief linear section somewhat closer to what the full version would play like.
>>
>>388120231
money ain't everything
>>
>>388119492
shadow the hedgehog and sonic 06 already exist anon
>>
>>388120864
People demand for more 3D sections in Modern Sonic games.
>>
>>388120927
even the genesis games first level was some knockoff of green hill
>>
>>388120927
Yeah, I agree 100%

Next Mania game they shouldn't bring back stages like Green Hill, and for the next 3D game they should try something new like actually doing pinball physics in 3D, like Utopia is trying to do. Iizuka needs to learn the difference between "bringing something back because it's good" (read: things like good physics, Special Stages, playable Tails and Knuckles etc.) and "bringing something back because it's old" (read: needlessly bringing back characters like Chaos in Sonic Forces, having Mania be 2/3rd's old content, etc)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.