[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats up the with vidja industry? There seems to be a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: consider the following.jpg (9KB, 352x317px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
9KB, 352x317px
Whats up the with vidja industry? There seems to be a lot of back to back flops. We gonna see another vidja industry collapse?
>>
>>388113930
>vidja collapse when?
2010 /v/ all over again.
>>
So long as there are casuals and whales it won't collapse.
>>
>>388113930
>vidja industry collapse
Won't happen anytime soon, it has become to big and mainstream to crash.
>>
>>388113930
>vidja industry collapse
A-a-any day now!
>>
File: answer me.jpg (47KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
answer me.jpg
47KB, 480x640px
>>388114171
Nothing is too big to fail. When things become too top heavy, they become prone to it in fact.

t. Sony Movie Division
>>
>>388113930
>There seems to be a lot of back to back flops.
/v/ calling something a flop=/=an actual flop
>>
>>388114610
This.
>>388113930
Remember that even TORtanic, flagship /v/ meme blunder did and does somewhat ok for something /v/ proclaimed worse than global human extinction.
>>
>>388113930
It depends on how exactly you imagine that "collapse" process. Define "collapse" and then we can have a meaningful discussion
>>
>>388113930
is that some third-world bullet made out of cheap metal? I don't even want to imagine what the inside of that barrel looks now.
>>
Not every game will be a success.

Every movie doesn't do well either, and there are far more movie flops that lose far more money than Video games.

Gaming has gotten better at surviving flops. But, it still kills franchises and sometimes companies.
>>
>>388113930
>We gonna see another vidja industry collapse?
Probably not but it would be great.
>>
File: REEEEEE.gif (93KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEE.gif
93KB, 200x200px
Steam is the only thing that resembles the game industry right around the time it crashed, what's with all the garbage being dumped there by russians trying to make a quick buck, but it'll never die because PCs arent the consoles from that age that could only run games. Also while a console might fail there will be another that will prosper because normals.
>>
File: 1501999052368.jpg (134KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1501999052368.jpg
134KB, 1000x750px
FUCK, WE'RE STUCK IN A TIME LOOP!
>>
Stagnation of ideas, the pursuit of being the best at something that already has an apex, instead of the pursuit of an idea of their own. Developers are more and more trying to ape other games that are currently successful, the result is making a decent game, but not making a game that was its own thing or better than the apex, so its doomed to just fade away. Alot of these games arent even bad and if they existed in a vaccum theyd be alright, but they are just not terribly distinct or are compared to something that is simply better by comparison.
>>
Rampant piracy led to companies shifting their gaze at people who will actually pay money (kids, working class, sports idiots) in the form of toys, phone games, and esport series. They have to bleed people dry to make their ridiculous profit quotas by incorporating preorder bonuses, season's passes, and microstransactions. As a result, mainstream games have shifted from being projects offered up, to products demanding profit returns.
>>
File: fortnite.jpg (39KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
fortnite.jpg
39KB, 410x410px
>>388113930
>There seems to be a lot of back to back flops.
This month was just a bad time for gaming. It doesn't help that companies are charging $59.99+ for games that should debut at $29.99.
>>
>>388113930
The industry is never going to collapse again like it did in '83. It literally cannot happen. At worst, we'll see everyone get eaten up by EA and Activision, and then gaming will be reduced to 1 installment of a handful of franchises every year until the end of time.
>>
>>388114476
Sony's movie division =/= an entire industry
>>
>>388118689

You mean like how it is right now?
>>
>>388118539
That looks so forgettable. Makes me think of a typical DreamWorks animation movie.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.