[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cannot get into the older Persona games. No matter how hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

File: Persona_4.jpg (287KB, 520x734px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_4.jpg
287KB, 520x734px
I cannot get into the older Persona games. No matter how hard I try, they're just so much worse than P5 in terms of graphics, gameplay and story.

Are they really worth it if I'm bored after 8 hours? Also fuck Yukiko. First boss shouldn't be able to wipe in one turn
>>
Nice blog
Am I supposed to care or something?
>>
is this bait? p5 had the worst writing of all the games
>>
Im playing P4 too and I just can't enjoy the OST, it's so fucking bad compared to P3's
>>
>>388113816
For me It's mostly the dungeons that prevent me from enjoying the previous games.

>>388114169
You are wrong.

>>388114304
Music aged horribly because of the rap verses.
>>
>>388114169
Is THIS bait?
>>
>>388113816
>having trouble with Yukiko
Just fuse a Senri, you faggot.
>>
>>388113816
I couldn't get into any of them. The pacing always fucks up my enjoyment. It feels like for every 10 minutes of dungeon crawling there's an hour of cutscenes - and even the dungeon crawling wasn't any good until 5.
I just don't understand.
>>
>>388113816
For me it's the other way, I finished P5 but it wasn't nearly as fun as 3 o 4, I couldn't care less for any of the cast and the story was predictable.
>>
>>388114647
Rap and Hip Hop are more popular now than ever though.
>>
>>388115175
People like the life sim stuff and tolerate the dungeon crawling. If they would rather just do dungeon crawling they play SMT.
>>
>>388115678
But not when it's in a pop song, and done by a pop singer.
>>
>>388115775
Why wouldn't you just play a VN?
>>
Seems like as good a place as any, but I just started P5 the other day and I'm about halfway through the first castle (just defeated the angel miniboss).

I'm playing on hard, which is fine, I understand how to work the SMT combat, but my issue is SP. Physical attacks are pretty much useless (at least at this point in the game) and it seems like the pace I'm going, it's going to take at least 4 days to finish the palace. Is this typical or am I missing SP restore items I should be getting? I've found the vending machine in the school courtyard, but that only nets me a grand total of 15SP per day.

Is hard mode ultimately just "You get to waste more days fucking around in the dungeon?"
>>
>>388115385
This. P5 was first persona for me, but for me, p3 is kino
>>
>>388115385
This. Predictable and also terribly written.
>>
>>388113816
P4 is the worst game in the series. P3 had enough weird ideas that were ironed out by later games that you might enjoy it, and the original games have their own merits, but P4 was a cashgrab rushed out the door after P3 was a surprise massive hit
>>
>>388116156
>Is hard mode ultimately just "You get to waste more days fucking around in the dungeon?"
Yes.
Later on make sure to do the social link for the Doctor, the SP adhesives she sells more or less remove any anxiety about SP, as you'll regain some each turn.
>>
>>388113816
It really depends on the game:
>Persona 1
It's not too bad, but it's not great either;
>Persona 2 IS/EP
The gameplay aged horribly, but the story is amazing, and probably the best one of the series (some even consider P5 to be P2-lite in terms of the plot)
>Persona 3
Eh, I'm probably biased since it's game that got me into Personas (and later on, in megaten games), but I really think you should give it a shot, it improves later on
(Especially with some social links, like the sun one)
>Persona 4
While the story is "scooby doo dresses as a bear and goes to Inaba", the game is nice; it also has best grill in the series

Also
>Having troubles with Yukiko
Good luck with the next dungeon's boss, they had to nerf him really hard in the PS vita version
>>
>>388116369
It really didn't have anything going, the traitor was so obvious that it didn't even make sense and the last part is the same as in the 2 previous games, the same fucking final fight with the same motives.
Also the Lavenza "mistery" was pointless, like what the fuck what's the point what changes?
Also music was forgettable, they dropped the ball heavily on it.
>>
>>388113816
if you're struggling with yukiko, you won't have fun with the next dungeons. best advice is to out level the content. buy as many soda pops as you can, and grind until you king kong that shit.
>>
>>388113816
>>388114647
disgusting newfags
>>
>>388116382
Alright, I'll check her out, thanks anon. Still not decided if I'm going to stick with hard if that's the case though. I enjoy SMT combat and I can exploit it so I'm not getting my shit pushed in, and I like having to find an effective Persona for the MC if I run into something I'm not already prepared for.

On the other hand, I'm really not impressed with hard modes that just pump up enemy HP/Damage with no way to compensate by playing better/smarter. Hard modes that equate to spending more time isn't great design. At that point, the solution to the problem becomes grinding, which is just even more of a time sink.
>>
>>388116914
>another uneducated poster
>this one doesn't even know how to spell
This is starting to get exhausting
>>
>>388116156
The machine in the Arcade and outside the bath also sell SP drinks.
>>
File: Skating on the road.jpg (106KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Skating on the road.jpg
106KB, 1366x768px
>tfw the bait doesn't do any effect since the game are still going strong and will get plenty of sequels
You gonna feel that JAZZZ
>>
>>388116156
Check more vending machines, I'm sure the bathhouse one also sells sp restoring items. I was able to reach the first palace's treasure in two days in my first run on Hard. SP is the limiting factor when it comes to how deep you can go, it can be resolved relatively early by getting the Death confidant all the way up to rank 7 where she sells accessories that restore SP at a discount.
>>
>>388117527
Will they make Goro DLC to capitalize on popular character dollars or will they use him as a thing to advertise the game with or both because pretty much any of these options would work well for Atlus
>>
>>388117209
>uneducated poster
is this bait? im so sorry for not having a phd in vn's and waifus anon, but P5 is the worst in the series excluding graphics.
>>388117527
When you need to resort to sales to defend your game, it's over.
>>
>>388113816

>he thought persona 4 was ahrd
Huh?
>>
>>388117168
Because Hard Mode makes you spend more time in dungeons, you have less time to spend on social building and you will have to manage your time more carefully if you want to see everything.
So yes, Hard mode requires you to be smarter and more efficient in your playtrhough, but not in dungeons themselves
>>
>>388117789
So when I resort to fact to defend the game, it's over
yet it's not over when you resort to vocal minority opinion?
See why your bait doesn't do any effect?
>>
>>388113816
The first boss is the hardest, anon.
>>
>>388117789
you don't need a phd to be able to speak like a somewhat well adjusted human being and say things that are just a little thought out
the post you made exhibits neither of those things, if you're just fishing for (You)s it's even worse because in that case you're just pretending to be a moron
>>
File: 2017-08-20-115234.jpg (60KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-20-115234.jpg
60KB, 960x544px
I love p4, but a few things bothered me. Maybe /v/ could explain one of them.
>after gang saves victim
>killer wandering the streets, wondering why his victim did not die
>always happens on foggy night
>clearly knows the person will be killed on a foggy night
>doesn't just throw them in the night before the fog
>>
>>388118156
adachi doesn't control namatame, namatame has no idea about anything he just does what the tv shows him when it shows him
the whole thing was pretty stupid since adachi managed to push him over the edge with a single phone call
>>
>>388117168
Are you still here anon? Just do normal. You need time for your slinks.
>>
>>388118042
Lad just tell me where the fuck I said anything that's not true in my post, at least I have arguments you are just resorting that my spelling is shit, this isn't twitter.
>>388117935
I mean, the vocal minority is that hearthstone is a p2w cashbrag, still played by millions. P5 had a massive influence of newcomers ironic weebs that will glorify the game beyond comprehension. It's the same that happened some years ago with P4 and SMT, newcomers just trashed the old -and better- games for what's cool and trendy.
>>
>>388118156
The guy who wander the streets at night cheking out if someone died was Namatame, not the killer.
Namatame was actually throwing people into the TV because he though he was saving them from the real killer
He's actually happy that nobody died and thinks that it's because of his doing rather than the party
>>
>having hard time
>with anything in the whole series
Jesus christ
>>
>>388118469
>arguments
You just said a bunch of things common to P5 shitposts and supported it all with nothing, that's not an argument
use your big boy words, anon, I know you can do it
>>
>>388113816
I hate that new /v/ is unable to appreciate older games now. Children.
>>
>>388115775
Or maybe stop segregating games and admit that variety adds spice you turbo faggot.
>>
>>388118554
>>388118338
well, that makes sense.
>>
>>388118758
P4 isn't worth appreciating. P3 certainly is but going back to it from P5 really is a pain from a gameplay and story perspective, seeing how P3 has the worst gameplay and the worst pacing of the 3 and the former is essentially a much more restricted and slower version of P5's.
>>
>>388118469
>newcomers just trashed the old -and better- games for what's cool and trendy.
Just like old audience that trashed the new -and better- games for the old and nostalgia worthy right?

The difference is that most of those old gamers actually also appreciate P5 hence the boost sales (old and newcomers) while you are the oldfags that hate anything new.
>>
>>388118708
Maybe if that's so common about P5 posts, maybe they are not shitposts and just maybe they are valid opinions that you don't agree with.
And no support? Can't you tell me that the ending and final boss was almost exactly the same as with 3/4, specially 4? And that Akechi was the traitor?
The story was bad, and the social links too similar, the confidant is always in problems because of a third party, which then makes you go after them in mementos.
I like Atlus games but this was the same or worse in many aspects to the prequels.
>>388119168
Stop assuming things, not everyone that dislike this game is nostalgic. Also don't make the assumption that people buying the game appreciates the game, I got the special edition and I don't enjoy it, the same with many friends.
>>
>>388113816
>First boss shouldn't be able to wipe in one turn
Is this your first Atlus game?
>>
>>388119373
>Stop assuming things, not everyone that dislike this game is nostalgic.
>Stop assuming things
I only did it after you, let me quote your post from>>388118469:
>P5 had a massive influence of newcomers ironic weebs that will glorify the game beyond comprehension.
> newcomers just trashed the old -and better- games for what's cool and trendy.

>STOP ASSUMING THINGS
heh
>>
Am I the only one who is a newfaggot who started with 5, but think 3 was better in terms of story?
>>
>>388119373
>maybe they are not shitposts and just maybe they are valid opinions that you don't agree with.
Yeah just like maybe they don't glorify the game because it's new and trendy but because it's a legitimate good game that you don't agree with.

Yet you don't want to accept that.
Oh irony.
>>
>>388118758
boo hoo grampa
>>
>>388116156
>physical attack
>useless

Maybe you just suck at the game? Magic is seriously weak in P5, phys can carry you from start to finish. If you have sp troubles you're just bad at the game
>>
>>388119373
Do I really need to explain this to you?

>Traitor is so obvious it made no sense
no support
>same final boss with same motives
no support and wrong, Yaldy is entirely different from Izanami and Nyx and wasn't even handled the same beyond having the formal reveal at the end of the game
>Lavenza mystery didn't change anything
no support, and is wrong, saving her allowed them to drive the fake Igor out of the Velvet Room and get the old one back
>dropped the ball with the music
no support, also literally an opinion, and a crummy one at that

And now in this post the only thing you have that somewhat resembles an argument is that the co-ops all sucked because they followed a formula which has 0 regard for any of the content actually in them, which is different in each case, and all of them didn't even follow said formula. It's a super weak point.

Stay in school.
>>
I'll be honest while I don't care too much for P5 I do love watching its fans btfo random shitposters because whenever it starts the threads always get super quiet if they don't die completely
>>
>>388120258
>no support
Not him, but what support do you want? A thesis of Kojima on the matter?
>>
>>388120516
m8 if you say something it follows that you should provide a reason why you're saying the thing you say
>>
>>388119923
Each of their own, good story with decent to long pace execution don't affect me much. Even if the story somehow decent but have a great execution with every point being exciting will be much better
>>
>>388113816
Fuck off casual. Should've played the series in release order, starting from P1.
>>
>>388120708
speaking of as far as the west is concerned the release order was P1 > PEP > P3 > P4 > P1 (True) > IS > P5
it's kind of worse than the final fantasy deal
>>
>>388116914
>the traitor was so obvious
I just reached Okamura's palace the other day, it's Akechi isn't it.
>>
>>388114304
P4 had only one good track
https://youtu.be/ybaVWcH_zBQ
Fact
>>
>>388115905
Because Persona does it super well, of course. What kind of question is that?
>>
>>388120948
Fog, New World Fool and I'll Face Myself were also good
the rest were eh. By far Meguro's weakest soundtrack
>>
>>388120930
If you didn't guess akechi was the traitor by the first cutscene he was in you might be brain damaged
>>
>>388120930
Not saying, keep playing and come back once you get to the end.
>>
File: 1426356935758.png (923KB, 3000x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1426356935758.png
923KB, 3000x1360px
>>388120832
Fan translations and new versions exist, there's no excuse to not play the games in release order nowadays unless you're a fucking retarded casual like OP
>>
>>388121052
Duh, the pancakes blew it wide open.
I'm just saying I haven't finished it yet.
>>
>>388121102
yeah I didn't really care about the shitpost you were making I was just pointing something out
>>
>>388120605
Okay.
>>388120930
>>388121052
>>388121164
>>
>>388119373
>And that Akechi was the traitor?

I thought it was meant to be obvious
>>
>>388121463
Yeah, that anon is trying to say that it didn't make sense but hasn't really explained why yet
>>
>>388121689
He's not saying it doesn't make sense, he says it's too obvious, why make it a mistery?
>>
File: 1426356935750.png (2MB, 991x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1426356935750.png
2MB, 991x1426px
>>388121281
>le everything is a shitpost xD
>>
>>388113816

Fuck off, they should've made the game even harder beyond the yukiko filter.
>>
>>388121778
Not that guy but he's saying "it's too obvious it didn't even make sense">>388116914
Who knows what he really meant?
Is he saying that it doesn't make sense the traitor too obvious?
Why would something so obvious didn't make sense? The game doesn't even tried to hide it from player.
>>
>>388121778
>He's not saying it doesn't make sense
That quite literally is what (You) said earlier
>>388116914
And not only that but if we pretend that you didn't say this verbatim, were a few years older and knew how to communicate effectively with other people, at the point where he does lie to your face and confirm he was behind the Okumura murder the game is only hiding is the fact that the main cast is aware of what's going on. P5 is not a murder mystery like P4.

God do I hate talking to stupid people, at least the idiots are the ones that try to shit on P5 and not the other way around
>>
>>388122678
You are trying too hard to defend this girlfriend simulator anon.
>>
>>388122818
>I'm out of things to say so the other person is a tryhard
That's okay anon, just make sure you finish your book report on time, or at least don't forget to bully the smart kid in class to do it for you. Summer's almost over.
>>
>>388113816
>Also fuck Yukiko. First boss shouldn't be able to wipe in one turn
Clearly too good for Persona. Can't wait to see her OHKO space muhrine
>>
>>388119373
>>388120258
>>388121778
>>388122678
>>388122818
>>388123431
wew
and this is why P5 threads are so good
everyone always knows whose baiting who, everyone replies anyway
>>
>>388113816

I can't imagine this happening unless you're severely underleveled.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.