[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It wasn't all bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: fallout4.png (134KB, 512x511px) Image search: [Google]
fallout4.png
134KB, 512x511px
It wasn't all bad
>>
It wasn't the least bit good either.
>>
>>388112634
true but the fallout new vegas circlejerk here is too strong so no one will agree with you
>>
>>388112735
FPBP
>>
>>388112826
>my shit isn't as rancid as your shit!
>>
>>388112634
I never even bothered to finish the main quest, the hook just wasn't there...why is it impossible for Bethesda to make an intriguing story these days
>>
>>388112634
It was mediocre, which is pretty disappointing for a fallout game.
>>
Without bringing up New Vegas, it's less than an RPG than Fallout 3. Impressive.
>>
>>388112634
I played, enjoyed it and am playing it again. NV had no decent hook either, but at least the plot is a little better than some stupid courier coin shit
>>
>>388112826
>the fallout new vegas circlejerk here is too strong

Maybe it exists because the game is 100x better?

Fallout 4 was god awful, it doesn't deserve any defense.
>>
>>388114987
NV was good when it came out, but after 4 came out, it looks like shit.
>>
>>388112634
you're right, the gunplay improved. Nothing else did though.
>>
File: 97660_680f246464bb7c0d32c9.jpg (11KB, 400x195px) Image search: [Google]
97660_680f246464bb7c0d32c9.jpg
11KB, 400x195px
In Fallout 3 you take the GOAT test at the beginning of the game. The test is whimsical and silly and a lot of us look back at it and cringe. In the Fallout 4 quest: Human Error, we find out that the GOAT test is used to identify synths. It is based on the Voight-Kampff machine from Blade Runner. In Blade Runner the Voight-Kampff machine is a countermessure against an AI that completed the Turing test and thus was able to prove to a human that it was a human. Fallout 4 revolves around and plays a lot with this idea. The question about the lost child in the GOAT is important since an early model synth can not relate to the situation of a lost child.

Nick Valnetine is a prototype AI. The institute tested if another persons entire life could be loaded into an AI and thus make the AI believe that it was a real human. It worked until DiMA provided Nick with the information or his programming figured it out by itself. The main plot of the game is a test if an AI would go all the way through the wasteland and then nuke it in order to be reunited with what it believed to be its child. This would bypass the GOAT test. However, this assumes that the main character is a synth. An option left open because it would otherwise deprive the player of role-playing freedom the game was criticised to have a lack of.

All in all a player wants complete freedom of their character but they also want a good, strong driven, deep story. To have one and another is not easy and I think Fallout 4 pulled it off pretty well.
>>
>>388116609
>comparing a 7 year old game by its graphics alone

Really makes you think.
>>
>>388112634
It wasn't a bad GAME at all
It was just a really bad FALLOUT game
>>
File: 1445352076129.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1445352076129.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>388112735
>>388112947
>>388114062
why can't you stop sucking your own dick?
>>
>>388112634
It's actually a really good open-world FPS, I had a lot of fun with it.
Why the FUCK is it a Fallout game though.
>>
Some of the major gripes players had with it can be largely fixed by mods, which I know isn't an argument but take from it what you will. Overall its a fun game, but they definitely made a lot of mistakes that turned off many fans of the series. Just enjoy it and don't pay attention to these autists. They'll shit on everything you like out of pure spite.
>>
>>388112634
fallout 4 really is an improvement or about even on every aspect except dialogue and the story. overall its the best title
>>
File: 1486170411466.png (143KB, 398x384px) Image search: [Google]
1486170411466.png
143KB, 398x384px
>completely overhauled salvaging system with different materials serving different functions, where everything has a purpose and creates another layer of decision when looting
>intensely compact/detailed world crammed with content the densest bethesda has put out
>new armor system with buffs/attributes for each individual piece of armor
>can create explosives, cook food for buffs, upgrade each individual weapon etc.
>tight shooting controls, making this the first gamebryo vehicle with enjoyable combat

but /v/ will shit on it because muh rpgs (even though fallout 3 did it's rpg aspects horribly as did oblivion)
>>
>>388122628
Thanks for setting us on the right path, John Smith!
>>
It certainly did some things right.
Quick loot
Combat
robot design
and power armor were all steps in the right direction. If only everything else wasn't so piss poor.
>>
It was fun only because of the mods
But even with the mods, the core game was just so mediocre
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.