[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i will give you nothing but cold steel!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1486843339345209009.jpg (93KB, 800x545px) Image search: [Google]
1486843339345209009.jpg
93KB, 800x545px
What's /v/ opnion on trails of cold steel?

I played pic related for psp and found it just ok. Some lame character and plot details here and there, unsatisfatory ending since it's just sequel bait (her dad is rad, tho). Some say it has great worldbuild, but i disagree.

Does cold steel follow the same type of gameplay/story/character development?
>>
CS is worse than Sky. You'll probably hate CS if you disliked Sky.
>>
>>388112557
Cold steel is more imperfect than sky but has some quality of life improvements
>>
>>388112648
Thank you, Anon. I take it all those other trail games also follow the same pattern?
>>
>>388112557
Play the TiTS SC first idiot
>>
>>388113287
The second chapter? why should i? Aside a few cool parts, the first one was kinda lame and from all the info i found the second is just more of the same. So i though maybe cold steel cold be more of a fresh take.
>>
>>388113753
And i was wrong, apparently.
>>
>>388113753
To finish the story?
You complain about cliffhanger when the FC was just a first part of the story, but you yourself wants to jump to the another arc and trop the current storyline
>>
>>388114774
hm...Is SC really superior or noteworth somehow?

I guess i understand your point. But really, you suffer through a slogfest in the first one with some real silly stuff, yet you preservere just to see it all through. You do so and the game asks you to play another one that looks just like the first slog in order to see tthe whole story.

You buy or pirate the game, sight of boredom and hit start. You really do that?

Genuine question. Its ok if you like this series i guess, but what if it is a game you don't like? Would you still do it?
>>
>>388115459
If you was really forcing yourself to play through FC and dont care about story, characters or the world, then I guess that you should look for another series.
>>
>>388112648
here we have an of example of tits elitist

sky FC is VERY slow, I get what OP is saying
SC gets better
Cold Steel is slow for 5 hours and gets faster every chapter
shoot me I liked CS1 more than FC
SC is somewhat better but makes you do same thing x10god how i hate circling the roads for fiftieth time
sky is more of a book, cs is more of a game
>>
>>388115459
also Trails of the Cold Steels ends with even worse cliffhanger than FC.
SC at least finish the story of Estelle and Joshua
>>
>>388112557
its a shitty shounen anime trash jRPG with cliché characters and muh POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, its bland and shallow with no real pay off with a fake "pick your waifu" mechanic since Rean only make moves on Alisa, making her the only real "choice". it's a mediocre game at the very best hyped by the autistic, retarded Falcom fanbase.
>>
>>388115856
well he probably can play cs2 if he plaeyd psp sky
>>
>>388115890
>muh POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
hey hands of power of friendship, it's cool
>>
>>388112557
>gameplay
nothing of value to be found here, its just running around and talking with people
>>
>>388115459
The series is paced such that the first game in an arc introduces you to the setting.
For Sky, that's FC.
For Crossbell, that's Zero.
For Cold Steel, that's both CS1 and CS2.

You can switch to CS1 if you really want to, but it have pretty much the same development style FC does. SC, if nothing else, is at least different. You're probably better off just giving up though.
>>
>>388116143
it comes down to if you have problem with reading a ton of dialogue or not
combat in CS feels better, it's less balanced but feels better
and calendar makes game feel like it's progressing more
>>
>>388116021
only when there is real chemistry between the party, not the forced kind that is CS presents, except for Jusis and Machias at the start every other relationship felt fake or forced, hell it's like they tried to make something like the Persona 3 team and fell flat in their faces, at the end i cared for nobody and to me that is even worse than hating them.
>>
File: 1487438928823.jpg (127KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487438928823.jpg
127KB, 750x1000px
>>388112557
I'm still playing through it but I love it so far, I feel like the overall cast and theme works much better than sky did, framing it in a school really tied everyone and the story together as opposed to just having everything be kind of asspulled through through the bracers I only played the first and I didn't fully finish it so if it got better I don't know I didn't care enough to finish, I enjoy the characters and look forward to their interactions and the school/simmy elements are enough to keep me hooked

also I want to drink with then fuck the cake
>>
>>388116470
>not the forced kind that is CS presents
>except for Jusis and Machias
it was more forced than sword autism dilemma, you are not really good with people are you?
>>
>>388115856
Figured it does. But is it worth it? or it just derails in another uninspired romantic anime?
>>
>>388116693
Jusis and Machias i could get why they could hate each other mainly because of their world view and how much of that makes their character even if a little over the top, so no it did not felt forced or fake unlike Fie and Laura or that ridiculous Rean and Alisa misunderstanding. As for "you are not really good with people are you" it is impossible to know that from my comment alone but maybe you are so used to imaginary one dimensional, anime style relationships that you can no longer discern the real thing from fiction, a tip for you, people tend to clash when the way they see the world is opposed but i don't think anyone would spend a month not talking to someone over something both know nobody is really at fault, a fews day at most and it would be over, Fie and Alisa is just abhorrent.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.