[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Nintendo will make comparable hardware again, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (126KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 398x356px
Do you think Nintendo will make comparable hardware again, or do they permanently have their panties in a bunch from GameCube sales?
>>
>>388110658
Nintendo is well beyond their golden era. They'll never make anything exceptionally good ever again, unless they make a drastic change.
>>
They could allow themselves to make strong consoles like N64 and Gamecube because they were rich as fuck coming from the NES/SNES era monopoly. They were fucking giants and Sega and Sony were clearly the underdogs in the fifth generation

After two fiascos they are a shadow of what they were back then and can't develop strong hardware or software, in fact they don't even develop hardware at all. Switch is a Nvidia Shield with a gimmick attached
>>
>>388110658
They just released the most powerful handheld gaming device ever.
What are you on about?
>>
>>388110658
Shouldn't the question be will Sony or MS ever make a comparable handheld?
>>
>>388110658
because hardware has done so much for making better games, right?
>>
>>388110938
nintendo is much richer now than they were back then
they just are jewish as fuck and they know they'll profit more with shitty overpriced hardware
>>
>>388111041
>>388111057
>>388111135
A triple samefag. Amazing
>>
>>388111274
SHE'S A BEAUT
>>
>>388111193
Overpriced compared to what? $400-$500 phones?
>>
>Microsoft and Sony throw billions of dollars into the trash trying to prevent the other from gaining a monolpoly of the living room
>implying Nintendo can afford to do the same
>microsoft is already on their way out and Sony is trapped in a corner putting bigger GPUs into their increasingly large boxes with increasingly higher prices while proving less features because Sony Movies and Sony music don't want to allow people to actually own their shit, only stream
>currency miners and jew tier vendors making PC gaming expensive as fuck again

the hardware market is officially trash and the industry is imploding
>>
>>388110938
>They could allow themselves to make strong consoles like N64 and Gamecube because they were rich as fuck coming from the NES/SNES era monopoly.

Nintendo stock is close to being the most valuable it's ever been. They're not gonna do that again because the Wii and more casual stuff was much more successful than these
>>
>>388110658
Nintendo currently has the most powerful handheld game console ever made.
>>
>>388111740

And what would you prefer they do, personally?
>>
File: ACTIVATED.png (331KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ACTIVATED.png
331KB, 500x500px
Why bother? They're not going for the same market at all. Last time they had decent hardware (2nd most powerful of the gen) they got roasted by a fucking underpowered DVD player.
>>
How long until the Nintendo Cinematic Universe?

>stand alone nintendo movies that come together in a Smash movie
>>
File: nothing.jpg (8KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
8KB, 204x247px
>>388111756
> handheld
>>
>>388112073
shut up
>>
Why should they?
I want good handhelds and Sony couldn't make a successful one to save their company. Nintendo is now a handheld company which I'm fine with.
>>
>>388112157
Make me
>>
File: nintendo-switch-toilet.jpg (114KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch-toilet.jpg
114KB, 1500x1000px
>>388112097
>handheld
Yes
>>
File: 1495018333192.gif (185KB, 673x379px) Image search: [Google]
1495018333192.gif
185KB, 673x379px
>>388110658
Jesus Christ you people are retarded. Even with the Gamecube Nintendo was more profitable than the Playstation division. Nintendo is keeping graphics down to keep budgets down, until the AI revolution happens and asset creation becomes dirt cheap that will not change.
>>
>>388110658
Nintendo is Activision-Blizzard tier now. They see the complaints, acknowledge them, then proceed to commit them again, to the horror of customers.
>>
>>388112352
That's Sony, such as how they only make movies now and their online security hasn't increased since early ps2 era.
>>
>>388110658
It's really a question of whether Japan cares. The short answer is they don't. Japan is one of the most casual gaming markets in existence. Almost every recent business decision Nintendo has made reflects this. Nobody in Japan plays computer games seriously either. All japanese PC ports blow ass for how few actually exist. There's really no reason for Nintendo to compete in terms of hardware. Ease of access is their real goal.
>>
They've been their own worst enemy in this. At this point, their name corresponds with "underwheling niche hardware that is the sole platform for a lot of series everyone is infitely familiar with." They have their market, but if they ever strive to real compete in the hardware race, they're going to have to not only come out with a timely console release, but a super aggressive marketing campaign solely to buck their current reputation, not to mention more on that the advertise their games.
>>
>>388112341
Anon, the Wii-U didn't get blown out of the water for nothing. There was a massive lack of third-party titles for multiple generations. That combined with infinite "shortages" and scummy practices like exclusive physical DLC, is costing them millions of fans.
>>
>>388112341
>all that dosh in 2009 from NSMB Wii
huh, it's almost like people LOVE 2D Mario and want more of it! Who would have thought?!
Odyssey will be a fucking bomb, selling less than 3D World or Galaxy and after a month it'll never be talked about again
>>
>>388112446
I'm not denying that Japanese businesses have become far more shameless and self-destructive than Enron, but when a company doesn't even consider the userbase, they tend to have poor sales in future endeavors.
>>
>>388112664
Well Nintendo is considering their userbase in terms of the switch. It's why it's basically just a handheld, because that's all Japan wants and that's the only thing the west buys from them.
>>
>>388111591
Phones can do much more than games consoles.
>>
>>388112506
And yet Nintendo's profits last quarter were within 8% of those of the Playstation division. But I'm sure if you wish for it hard enough this will FINALLY be the year that Nintendo is doomed.
>>
>>388112534
>Odyssey will be a fucking bomb, selling less than 3D World or Galaxy
Willing to bet a bag of crow dicks on that?
BOTW is the best selling Zelda for Japan in ages and has sold way over expectations.
>>
>>388112989
yes and it shed all the awfulness that the series suffered from before, focusing back to exploration and world building and less on puzzles.
Meanwhile Odyssey has minutes where Mario doesn't even need to jump, you can just waddle around slowly and solve the puzzles that will only be fun once.
64 and Sunshine were built around the platforming, Odyssey is built around solving puzzles
>>
>>388113137
See you in two months when Odyssey is a 96 or 97 on metacritic, highly praised by users and critics, and is selling like hotcakes.
>>
>>388112927
Phones are a still a liability though. Until they are able to move away from lithium batteries, extended use is not recommended.
>>
>>388113243
see you in 2 months m80, when Odyssey is considered the black sheep of the series once the new game sheen wears off
>>
>>388111697
Xbox is on it's way out but MS will continue to push gaming on Windows 10
>>
If you want a PS4/Xbox One so bad, why don't you just get a PS4/Xbox One?

>tfw muh hyper-realistic Mario and Zelda
>>
File: gay.jpg (17KB, 477x119px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
17KB, 477x119px
>388111274
youre so fucking gay
>>
>>388110658
Nintendo makes less powerful hardware than MS & Sony for one simple reason that you literal faggots don't seem to understand: NINTENDO IS A VIDEO GAME COMPANY. THEY CAN NOT SUBSIDIZE THEIR VIDEO GAME HARDWARE WITH OTHER DIVISIONS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO OTHER DIVISIONS. THEY MUST SELL THEIR HARDWARE AT A PROFIT OR THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS. THEY HAVE NO CHOICE. IT'S EITHER LESS POWERFUL CONSOLES OR LITERALLY $1000 PRICE TAGS.
>>
>>388110658
comparable to what?
the stuff what Sony/Microsoft think is standart, or a high-end triple-quadro-cpu PC with a billion-ultra-hertz-gpu who can show games at 80k resolution with unlimited amount of FPS at just the low price of three kidneys, and the souls of yours and your first born (which is basically old shit in a month anyway)

either way, I guess if the only market left is the one what Sony and Microsoft is catering towards, then yes, maybe they are gonna do that
but I highly doubt that
my prediction at least is that Nintendo will be more focusing on the handheld market (which they already do currently anyway)
>>
>>388115573

someone's butthurt
>>
>>388112927
The newest iPhone is reported selling for $999. At that price, it better be able to do so much more.
>>
File: 1464121824183.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464121824183.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>388116108

>Comparing PS4 and XBONE to a high end gaming PC

dude what
>>
>>388112957
That's an incredibly sober thought. The PS4 has sold a ridiculous amount and yet it has only earned around 8% more. I have no fucking idea how they're going to fare when they inevitably have to release the PSV.
>>
>>388116550
that's why I was asking op, if he meant the current PS/XBox or a current high-end PC
>>
>>388112534
How's that Asperger's, Sean Malstrom?
>>
>>388110658
What's the point? People who want powerful consoles and AAA multiplats wouldn't buy Nintendo anyway.
>>
>>388112989
Because it's basically Link to the Past in 3D.
>>
>>388113243
64 only sold like 10 mil. That's NOTHING compared to 2D Mario. NO WAY does Odyssey sell better than 64.
>>
>>388118693
But ALttP wasn't even close to the most succesful Zelda.

Also, OoT is ALttP in 3D. BotW is the NES LoZ in 3D.
>>
I have yet to see a single switch irl. nintendo is simply irrelevant
>>
>>388119360
even in japan i saw no switches, though that was in july
>>
>>388119360
I have yet to see a single vagina irl. Women are simply irrelevant
>>
>>388119360
I have never seen you irl, you are basically irrelevant.
>>
Never.
But to be fair, At some point, game development with ultra fancy graphics will be so expensive, that probably much power wouldn't be needed as much.
So at some point Nintendo hardware is going to catch up.
>>
>>388110658
I personally think it's good they rely on the hardware being unique in some way instead of just being powerful.

We already have 2 consoles that are having a pissing contest about which one has better hardware and I don't think we need a third one to join that particular contests.

And if you truly want raw power, you build yourself a pc.
>>
>>388110658
>literally printing money
>even the wii u, a commercial failure, still managed to put the bases for the new dlc model and amiibos
>they own the handheld market
>they have the most famous brand names
>keep fucking people up with their "no stock" policy that mean they're producing what's already sold
>closing offices left and right to save even more money
>the competition gave up on fighting for nintendo's public

why the hell would they change anything?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.