[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Haven't played this series at all before and I can get it for cheap. Is this a good starting point or is the game shit?
>>
No, play the ps2 games individually in order or play the "remastered" trilogy on ps3
>>
>>388110173
Just get the PS4 one if you can get it for cheap. Then play the remastered and then Future series if you aren't burned out on the series by then.
>>
>>388110173
The game isn't shit at all but the original trilogy is a better starting point. Buy the PS3 HD versions if you can.
>>
Stop immediately and play the original.
>>
It's awful and worse in every way to the original.

I'd never played a R&C game as of two weeks ago, and then watched that YouTube video (you know the one) comparing the remake and original. Immediately went and got the original and had a blast, hell I like the original more than 2 and 3 which I played right after
>>
TRY AS HE MIGHT RATCHET COULD NOT BREATHE UNDERWATER
>>
COME
>>
>>388110173
The remake and the PSP games are the only ones worth playing.
>>
This is the only R&C game I've played. I got it for $10, and currently playing through challenge mode. It's fine, but that's really all I have to say about it. Nostalgiafags would have you emulate the old ones, but I have no interest in doing that.
>>
>>388111194
>It's awful
Fuck off memer, it's a great game. It just misses out content which makes the original superior.
>>
>>388111674
>play game which dedicated fans of the series say is average and unremarkable
>it turns out to be average and unremarkable
>but won't listen to same fans who've seen the series grow tell you about better installments in the series
really activates my almonds
>>
>>388110173
You could play the original for soundtrack alone
>>
>>388111868
>shit music
>endless babbling and "jokes"
>shit gun selection, almost all of them weren't even in the 1st game, RYNO reused the Tools model instead of 1s model
>story is a mess
>ratchet and clank literally have one conversation in the entire game
>shit framerate
>shit music again because they really fucking dropped the ball on this travesty
such a waste, Sony is a fucking dumpster fire right now and they no doubt meddled with the development process
>>
>>388111420
Yeah if you're a shit taste retard, off yourself
>>
>>388110173
>Original series gave Ratchet a character arc that saw him going from a selfish, jaded mechanic with a chip on his shoulder to a true hero
>New one just has him as a starry eyed wannabe space cadet
>>
>>388111341
An 02 mask. now i can finally breath underwater.
>>
>>388110173

It's a good starting point because it's a remake and re-imagining of the first game. So you get the origin story, beautiful graphics, and the game uses a lot of stuff that was only introduced in later games, making this a little bit of a 'best of' R&C. It has a few less planets than the original though, but they are more elaborate and beautiful now. The gameplay is very smooth, the humour is on point, it has loads of fun weapons and enemies. Only downside weapon wise, is that you get one of the most powerful weapons only by the end of the game. Also the newgame+ content you unlock (the museum) kind of sucks.

In short one of the most fun and pretty games of 2016. Put the difficulty on hard and just enjoy some good times like when you were 12.
>>
>>388111194

The original didn't even have strafing. Controls and gameplay in general is much better in the remake. So what if it offers a few less planets, everything it does have is very beautiful and fleshed out. It has loads of weapons and gadgets compared to the original. It's objectively better.
>>
>>388114061
the changes in controls also completely change the way the game is played, as well as the difficulty.
It went from a challenging game where all your shit is relevant and useful to -circle strafe jump and mash circle/R1 until all the enemies disappear-
>>
HASHTAG GADGETRON
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.