[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How reliable is buying steam keys off ebay? I found a game I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (4KB, 340x148px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 340x148px
How reliable is buying steam keys off ebay? I found a game I want for less than half off the price, a legit seller with a 100% positive rating, no negative feedback, and lives in my country.

Is there even a fear of getting scammed when Ebay has protection plans that would literally just get you your money back since all the person has to do is honor sending you a working code over PM?

I've never done this before, but i've heard multiple people do.
>>
Sounds trustworthy. It could be someone who got a mass of keys for free (business or other) and just needs to offload them and wants to make a quick profit.

I'd trust Ebay before G2A
>>
It's against the rules to sell codes digitally on ebay so even if the code works, you can ask for a refund and ebay will give it to you 100% of the time. I regularly do this to get free games. It's great
>>
>>388109823
>How reliable is buying steam keys off ebay?
Are you absolutely poor/retarded? Buying keys online in general is sketchy, but eBay is a scammers dream come true.
>>
>>388110191
You're a moron. Ebay is a buyer's paradise. The seller has no recourse if the buyer decides to scam
>>
>>388110191
>Are you absolutely poor

No, but I don't feel the need to spend $30 on a game from 2006 when I can buy it for $2/$3 instead. Plus I'd like to buy multiple for my friends.
>>
>>388110090
That's a bit scummy don't you think ?
>>
>>388110740
They break the rules and they pay for it. I'm teaching them a valuable lesson
>>
>>388110265
I've had so many disasters due to poor shipping quality/missing items included that I gave up on it ages ago.

Back in the day, some Californian CS representative would give you spiel, then agree to whatever amount of credit you wanted. Now, some person in India will deny everything wrong with a package they have never even seen pictures of.
>>
>>388110191
Not him but steam arbitrarily marks up worth of games just because they're digital. A game from 1992 can be on steam and still be $20-$30 when its physical variant is like $2.
>>
>>388110781
By following the rules and being more of a scammer/thief? Enjoy the afterlife, pal.
>>
>>388110984
They've completely changed the system a few years ago. Now you instantly get a refund and it's up to the seller to try and get their money back. They never do though
>>
>>388109823
Would never trust ebay for cd-keys because they could be already used. You can file for a refund but that's a hassle if you paid through paypal.
>>
>>388111056
>implying there is an afterlife
>>
>>388110984
Frequent seller here: The trick is to always think ahead. Example, I just sold about 4300 worth of items this month (Nearly hit quota) and one guy tried to get me on a technicality of one of the items I sent being broken and shattered. (A kindle fire) and he wanted a full refund

I took 5 pictures before I sent it. 3 of the item in high detail including the screen, and two of the packaging company label, the bubblewrap, and the packing elements that it was sent in, all timestamped.

He doesn't even post any pictures for the first week, and then finally does one to "prove me wrong" and its a hairline crack thats so barely visible unless you held it up against the light and he wants a full refund?.

Couldn't have broke even if it wanted to, fucker did it by himself hoping to get re-imbursed.
>>
>>388110781
>>388111113
>Doing whatever you want because you don't think there are any repercussions for your actions
Yeah I'm not religious either but you're a piece of shit if the only thing holding you back from being a cunt is a lack of personal negative consequences. Feel free to neck yourself at the next given opportunity.
>>
>>388110090
Hmm nice tip, now I can stop being a pirate
>>
File: linux.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
linux.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>388111113
>>
>>388109823
Never buy cd keys from eBay. No telling where they got those keys. For all we know they stole them from Walmart and the keys soon go invalidated.
>>
>>388112340
>Walmart

I dont think those exiswt in the UK
>>
Does PC have region locking? Can I buy an EU code and still work it in NA?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.