[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8th generation console gaming is such a disappointment. >2013

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: consoles-660x330.jpg (39KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
consoles-660x330.jpg
39KB, 660x330px
8th generation console gaming is such a disappointment.

>2013
>$400/$500
>"Okay" visuals

>2017
>New editions meaning you have to buy them or else be forever fucked with outdated specs
>4K meme
>>
>>388107796
increases in hardware have done jack shit for games. Theyre more linear than ever and lack basic features that were there in PS2 games. voice acting and HD graphics really hurt gaming
>>
>>388107871
>Theyre more linear than ever and lack basic features that were there in PS2 games
I mean, no?
>>
>"Okay" visuals
Cherrypicking ubishit won't win you any arguments. Consequently graphics are still as cutting edge as ever, or. The base models.
>>
File: 1408900192382.jpg (24KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
1408900192382.jpg
24KB, 400x306px
>The 3DS tapered off like halfwayish through it's life when the New 3DS came out
>We never saw the WiiU reach it's full potential (dual gamepad games, asynchronous multiplayer, more than 4 player multiplayer, etc)
>Sony got retarded marketers to advertise the Vita and got sued out of being allowed to advertise, effectively killing it in the west
>Sony dropped support like 2-3 years in, on weeb life support ever since
>Xbox One is literally almost entirely redundant if you have a PC, literally just Sunset Overdrive being held hostage
>PS4 is starting to become worthwhile after like 4 years of existing and a hardware revision. Putting the PS3's slow start to shame. Still fairly redundant if you own a PC
>PC has a lot of best played games but very little in the way of exclusives besides undemanding multiplayer games with cancerous communities, and there's maybe 20 populated ones in total
>Multiplayer games last for approximately 6 months or so and the entire generation is just a fucking graveyard
>>
>>388108031
>Locked at 60 fps, most games were 30fps anyway
>900p for XBone
"OKAY" Visuals, anon.
>>
>>388108296
Performance is not visuals.
>>
>>388108030
No, he's right.
I can't remember the last time I played a game where rolling into a door actually opened it.
Hell, a lot of modern TPS games don't even have a roll, and the ones that do don't have doors that open.
>>
>>388108754
The visuals are still pretty "okay."
Nothing this gen has really wowed me in the "there's no way they could do this on PS3/360!" way, aside from maybe Kingdom Come Deliverance.
Maybe Battlefront, but even that could probably be done on a PS3/360.
>>
>>388108754
30fps is not visually pleasing than 60fps.
>>
File: IMG_6117.gif (492KB, 176x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6117.gif
492KB, 176x216px
>>388107796
>Xbox One
>people bought it
>people bought it at launch
>'Xbox and Kinect are one and the same, it's an integral part of the system'
>1 exclusive title
>cancelled and delayed 'exclusives'
>people actually game Microsoft cash for this
It's the gift that keeps giving
>>
>>388108275
>PC has a lot of best played games but very little in the way of exclusives

(you)
>>
>>388109707
Oh boy MMO's, ASSFAGGOTS, card games, and hero shooters.
>>
>>388109321
That's a great point. Every game I can think of has you press a button first. Probably because they're all working off the same engine? As more money has flown into games, studios have tried to cut costs so several games start feeling similar to each other.

Remember Psy Ops? Literally use mind powers to do anything. Throw boxes at people, rip someones gun out of his hand and beat him up with it. Use a board to float over the ground like the silver surfer. I can't imagine them making a game like that today.

The story minded gamer in me is very happy since we get better cutscenese and very "immersive" games. The gameplay minded gamer is feeling some serious blue balls. I played ocarina of time on 3ds the other day and It blew my mind that games used to be like this.
>>
>>388109856
at least pcbros actually buy the exclusives instead of just cod and fifa
>>
OP do you think part of the problem is that we've gotten older? Maybe we've just lost our sense of wonder?
>>
>>388110182
>I can't imagine them making a game like that today.
Yea, it's fucking sad, even older Syphon Filter games had plenty of great ways to interact with the environment and take out enemies.
Nowadays it's just the same shit, but WHOA, SOMEWHAT DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS GUYS, LOOK AT ALL THESE COOL EXPLOSIONS, AMAZING
>>
>>388110306
not op but ps4 pro hd 4k and xbox one x one s one xbox one one x x s are just as awful as sony taking paid online from microsoft and effectively making it an industry standard
8th gen fucking sucks
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.