[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As someone that is usually half a generation behind, why are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: metroidsr.jpg (110KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
metroidsr.jpg
110KB, 1500x844px
As someone that is usually half a generation behind, why are so many people mad that publishers are supporting hardware longer? I don't understand the compulsion to buy new hardware before the library fills out and then yell loudly that your new hardware doesn't have enough games.
>>
>>388107286
The 3ds has shitty hardware and resolution, that's it.
>>
Nobody is mad. Feigned anger is how sociopaths and little children parroting who have not yet internalized shame show excitement online.
>>
>>388107949
So did the NES when Kirby and Megaman 4 and 5 came out or the Gameboy when Pokemon Red and Blue came out. They are still great games.
>>
>>388108181
Pokemon is a buggy piece of shit
>>
>>388108283
That people loved so much it got a boxed release last year.
>>
>>388108181
Yeah, and they look like shit. People will give me shit for saying this but videogames are a visual medium. Yes, gameplay is important but so are the goddamn visuals.
>>
>>388108445
Nintendo has proven that not true so many times.
>>
>>388108445
There are NES and SNES games that surpass everything made since the PS360 days in terms of fun and quality.
>>
>>388108686
A matter of opinion. Mine is that if I'm required to look at something for hours then it better look good.
>>388108864
Most of those games aren't ugly.
>>
>>388108864
SNES games sure but most NES games are pretty boring by todays standards.
>>
>>388108950
It's a matter of fact. Look how many competitors Nintendo killed with lower power hardware in the handheld market alone.
>>
>>388107286
I think people are just sick of how shitty things look on the 3DS. Sure artstyle helps but there are fucking jaggies on everything and it's all chibi shit jaggy models.
>>
>>388109035
I am not talking about figures or business decisions you dense motherfucker, OP asked why some people would prefer newer games to come out for newer hardware and I just gave you mine. I want my games to look nice.

> Look how many competitors Nintendo killed with lower power hardware in the handheld market alone
How many competitors did they kill besides *maybe* Atari? Sega killed itself, Microsoft is a mess by its own doing and Sony's gaming division is quite healthy atm.
>>
>>388107286
What do you guys think about all the levels having borders which fade to black, as if the levels were cut in the middle, instead of there being a full 3d world and you explore part of it from fixed perspective?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.