[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so few games ever have any focus on experimental/tactical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: hd_b5ac298676.jpg (239KB, 1625x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hd_b5ac298676.jpg
239KB, 1625x1080px
Why do so few games ever have any focus on experimental/tactical weaponry?
>>
Because that requires effort. It's easier to just take an AKM and attach a bunch of futuristic looking shit to it, because people generally know what they expect from it.
>>
That is the most retarded trigger I've ever seen.
>>
>>388101950
Some devs do put effort into the weapons and animations, but usually it's the same few standard weapons that are in almost every other game.

>>388102048
I think it's a switch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1b6r8pqqh8
>>
>>388102048
You can't even see the trigger foghat
>>
>>388101820
You dont rush experimental weapons to the battlefield.
>>
>>388102131
How does it work?
>>
>>388102307
Some games have focus on special forces, yet they don't really utilize the full potential of armory that they actually use.

>>388102367
Probably some magnets and shit. It also supposedly has a jammer.
>>
>>388102367
probably just bombards it on every possible radio frequency so the controls get cut off
>>
>>388102367
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3978762/The-death-ray-knock-drones-mile-away-Rifle-uses-radio-waves-kill-UAVs.html
>>
>>388102573
That gives me 0 details, it's literally a "it works because magic" explanation
>>
>>388102131
Exactly, it's stuff that's already had the groundwork laid out. To make something new is to have to not only put effort into how it's polished, but how it behaves in the first place.
>>
Because there has been no real breakthrough in small arms technology for 60 years. We're just doing the same shit we've always done but with lighter materials and better sights.
>>
>>388102832
Looking at the link without even clicking I'm guessing It interrupts the signal of remote drones by sending conflicting radio waves.
>>
>>388103075
Great, what frequencies? Do they carry data? What kind of data? At what wattage? Does it runs an analysis of the incoming radio waves to jam better? What are the algorythms?

Specifics, specifics, specifics.
>>
>>388103232
Don't think anyone discloses those kinds of specifics for experimental weaponry that's just getting revealed for the public.
I'm still wondering if this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05NpDHL_InI is actually realistic or just trying MiG trying to market their upcoming jet.
>>
>>388103232
I assume it jams all common frequencies used by RC drones/toys by just spitting out random noise, the power requirement is probably a secret. Same sort of thing with GPS. Not a new concept outside of the silly gun form factor.

If that's all true, it can be defeated by remaining undetected, having a pre-programmed path for the drone or maintaining stronger signal strength. It's also the case that simple drones without auto-landing features will respond differently, possibly falling out of the sky along with the payload. That could lead to unintentional casualties in urban areas.
>>
File: SecretWeaponsCover.png (141KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
SecretWeaponsCover.png
141KB, 250x355px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.