[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biomutant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: biomutant-7.jpg (222KB, 1024x613px) Image search: [Google]
biomutant-7.jpg
222KB, 1024x613px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oDgoL4eezE

What do you guys think? Looks kinda rough in it's current state,but it might be fun.
>>
DMC meets Rocket Racoon.
>>
File: 1340433133397.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1340433133397.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
>>388101265
Furry DMC with some RPG elements

mite b cool
>>
Looks meh, hope I can turn off that narrator voice. I really don't need someone telling me I hit something or adding sound effects when I fight. I hope combat gets more advanced in later stages so it can actually be furry DMC. I expect a downgrade in graphics.
>>
File: chouhi grin.jpg (28KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
chouhi grin.jpg
28KB, 256x256px
>>388101265
>POW WOW *YAHOO* YOU HIT IT!
Just the perfect game to be released on the switch
>>
The combat is pretty much exactly what I've wanted for a long time - third person lock-on with guns and a sword. The only problem is the underwhelming FX and inconsistent hit reaction animations.
>>
>>388101265
>same thread everyday for the past few days
>the shilling is real
Anyway I'd buy if the remove the comic book dialogue effect, have wider variety of enemies and stop the narrator from making comments during combat. Also no 60 dollar bullshit. The games still in alpha so ill wait till beta to make a proper judgement
>>
>>388101265
Looks fun and cute, is it coming out for pc?
>>
>>388102792
Nevermind, just answered my own question on google.

pc/ps4/xbox1
>>
Is calling something a "biomutant" kinda redundant?
>>
>>388101265
I wish all these action hack and slash games would do away with the health bars and use visual ques to represent damage (i.e monster hunter), especially in games like this with pretty distinct design and colouring of the enemies it wouldn't be very hard to implement. It's just kind of jarring and I start to feel like im playing an mmo or an arpg, ESPECIALLY when damage numbers come up.
>>
File: 1503210178934.jpg (66KB, 1024x633px) Image search: [Google]
1503210178934.jpg
66KB, 1024x633px
>was expecting some Caves of Qud/Cataclysm: DDA level character mutation customisation
>can only get a cat/raccoon thing in different body shapes and colours
Absolutely disappointing, dropped.
>>
Awkward looking animation and that is not a good voice for a narrator, but interested enough to take another look at it down the line and see how it shapes up.
>>
>>388103536
>scalefag this mad he can't make his fursona
>>
>>388101265
Looks kinda shitty with all the hand-holding and lousy play-by-play announcer crap. The setting is pretty cool so I'm hoping for something better by the time it comes out.
>>
>>388103721
get your mind out of the gutter you degenerate
>>
looks like retarded furry bait and the narrator is annoying as fuck
>smack!
>pow!
>wham!
>>
Wasn't this made by furries? Or funded by them, maybe? Something to do with the furry community?
>>
>>388105267
That's like asking if watership down is a furry book, not everything with animals in it is furry
>>
Is it souls like for furries??

t.IGN employee
>>
>>388105362
But did furries play any part in its creation?
>>
>>388105267
>>388105850
Fuck off back to /furaffinity/ you obsessed faggot
>>
>>388101265
That narrator is really fucking annoying, the MC's voice is fucking grating, the environments are boring.
Combat looks good though.
>>
>narrator
Dropped so fucking hard
>>
>>388105947
Other way around, man. If they did, I wanna avoid giving them any money.
>>
>>388101265
Looks fun enough and has its place seeing how DMC and God of War are dead. Too bad if you can't choose to make a different creature than a mammal
>>
>>388106150
>dislike furfaggots
>dislike becomes passionate hatred
>hatred becomes obsession
>obsession demands integration
If the paranoia doesn't get you, you're well on your way to being a furfag yourself. Trufax.
>>
Maybe for $40 but it doesn't look great
>>
>>388101265
Is this really from the Just Cause devs? it looks low budget and cheap as fuck.
>>
>>388106758
probably a couple of losers who did minimal work for JC and are desperately trying to attach a big name to get some attention. Same shit with Starbound and Terraria
>>
>>388101265

I could go for some light hearted action-game. I'm just glad its not grim-dark and "super-serious" and has no minorities in it.
>>
So, its Breath of the Wild, but animals?
>>
>>388101265
>realistic graphics with washed out colors everywhere
>comic book style UI
>narrator

i haven't seen a game this confused about its identity in a long time. who's publishing this piece of shit? they're probably the ones who told them to change the graphics.
>>
It honestly looks like a cheap early Ps3 game. And whats with the style? It has comic book words popping from combat but the visuals are realistic? It all looks really bad.
>>
>>388107143
THQ Nordic. THQ died from making shitty decisions and bad games and looks like they learned nothing.
>>
>>388101265
I like that you've actually got huge interiors, real movement/traversal options, and varied terrains.
A lot of "open world" games fall into the trap of being able to be traversed with the stick alone, quite possibly never even having to jump. This looks a lot better. Kind of like BotW.

I am not sure of the combat however. Though I like how there seem to be lots of moves and abilities. But it really hinges on the enemy AI and I hope that you've actually got lots of way to affect the enemies in ways that matter prior to their deaths.

I don't know. Lot's of things I am iffy about. But the world looks infinitely more interesting than say, Horizon's. Even if it may lack something as interesting as the robots.
On the topic of robots though. The "vehicles" of this game look rad. Mech suits and robot hands and whatnot.

I am cautiously optimistic. At the very least it didn't immediately make me go "Oh not another one of those.".
>>
>>388101539
You mean Monster Hunter cats meets Berserk
>>
UI and HUD look terrible, for a game trying something new you have to contain something worth grasping the eye and keeping it there.

Nothing shown resembles anything impressive.
>>
>>388108707
>Lot's of things I am yiffy about.
ftfy
>>
>DMC
Fucking don't do that. No, it does not look like DMC. DMC had depth and complexity. This has randomized situational combos that play themselves for you with no regard to enemy position management or stun/juggle.

This is Fable 3 combat. One button melee, one-button gun, no depth whatsoever.
>>
>>388101265
Doesn't look remotely polished enough to be shown off yet.

Honestly kind of embarrassing.
>>
>>388104125
I actually like the narrator.
>>
>>388102009
>no switch version announced
>only major console talked about is the ps4
really activates the old almonds huh?
>>
File: Bio-Mutant.jpg (181KB, 1079x1308px) Image search: [Google]
Bio-Mutant.jpg
181KB, 1079x1308px
it has a narrator because the whole point of the game is to be some kind of fable

the tagline is even "The Post Apocalyptic Kung-Fu Fable" (see attached pic, it's in German though).
>>
I will probably buy this if it's not a $60 game.

The combat and animation definitely looks rough, and I'm not sold on the narrator. However, I really like the concept and setting. That sort of Secret of NIMH style, but set in a verdant and lush post apocalypse feels so different than what most game studios would put out nowdays.

Release for $40 or less, and I think most flaws that this game would have can be forgiven.
>>
wait, open world arpg focused on martial arts?

furries are a bit icky but other than that, pretty much what i always wanted to play. just learned about this and i'm looking forward to it.
>>
>open world

and just like that interest levels drop by 5 points
>>
>>388101265

Looks like cobbled Unity Engine shit.
>>
>>388112554
>wait, open world arpg focused on martial arts?
So what, Nier Automata?
>>
>>388109884
I at least DmC
>>
>>388101265
Nope.
>>
>>388112775
would you rather have your hand hold through a series of corridors and rooms in a progression game?
>>
>>388101265
They get rid of that horrible announcer and I'll keep my eye on it since it looks like it's in such an early stage.
Or if they're gonna go for the funny narrator at least make more of an effort
>>
>>388113078
apparently it's in UE4, don't know why it looks so shit anyways but there you go
>>
Looks kind of shitty, but also endearing.
>mech suits
>mechanical hand mount
>different biomes
>sandworms
I dunno.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.