[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shenmue III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: DH_TOTcXUAAyU1Y.jpg (131KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DH_TOTcXUAAyU1Y.jpg
131KB, 1200x675px
http://shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50996&start=45
http://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030593/20170824023/
REN & CHAI CONFIRMED FOR SHENMUE III.

Suzuki-san discussed how his team felt compelled to pull something together in video form to show-off because of pressure from the publishing deal and being a no-show at E3. The assets used in the teaser trailer were already shown to KS backers back in September of 2016 with some new placeholders, so the game progress is probably further along than previously thought.

Also according to the 4GN interview, the publishing deal with Deep Silver and delay has allowed them to expand the scope of the game. He mentions the NPC size for the second city increased from 50-60 to over 200. The game's start will begin the day after Ryo & Shehua visit the cave at the end of II. Suzuki-san also does not want to make a movie/digest of the events of U & II for new players but rather give quick call-backs to previous events in the story along with older character international phone-calls (ex: Fuku-san, Ine-san, & Nozomi).
>>
File: Ryo_Model_Comparison.jpg (1MB, 2560x2880px) Image search: [Google]
Ryo_Model_Comparison.jpg
1MB, 2560x2880px
Top is the model of Ryo from the trailer and bottom is one of the images from the subsequent KS update. Even with YT compression, you can tell they've done work on Ryo's leather jacket texture, made his jaw less round and his face less fat. Also his eyes look more relaxed/proportioned.
>>
>>388099467
Wake me up when it's 2 weeks from release
>>
>>388098347
well, why wouldn't ren be in there
>>
The real question is: Will Joy be in?
>>
>>388099467
this looks so bad, what the fuck is wrong with his face
>>
File: Shenmue_Chapter_2.png (1MB, 358x1778px) Image search: [Google]
Shenmue_Chapter_2.png
1MB, 358x1778px
>>388100697
The smell of Treasure is too alluring. Now if Guizhang's leg can just heal.

>>388100728
>Will Joy be in?
I mean if even Chai, who was last seen drowning somewhere in the East China Sea, managed to not only survive but swim all the way to Guilin..

>>388101649
See these fresh interview translations:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/game-watch-interview-with-yu-suzuki.html
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/translation-interview-with-yu-suzuki.html
>Q: Are the images in this trailer in-game images, or pre-rendered?
YS: They are all in-game images.

>Q: What level of completion of the game do they represent?
YS: It is a compilation of various scenes so it's hard to say, but as far as the characters go, they are all still provisional data.

>Q: The characters facial expressions are rigid or "fixed"; is this something that is actually going to be changed?
YS: Yes, we haven't yet put in their expressions. We had them in a month ago, but have temporarily removed them.

>Q: Many of the Game*Spark readers have also viewed it. Among the comments was a concern about the character modeling.
YS: Shenhua, Ryo and the other characters are almost all provisional.

>HM: Most of the characters [that appear in it] are provisional, so in that sense there's a risk that we've caused a misunderstanding there.
YS: We still have a lot of work to do on Shenhua. [While pointing at characters] Take this one, it's a character that's close to completion. This one's provisional. This is also provisional. This one too is provisional.
>>
>>388102060
Other interesting excerpts:
>Q: Will Shenmue's story be completed with Shenmue III?
YS: There are a lot of people who want it to be completed, but if I were to force an ending, I would have to cut a vast amount, and when put together as a game, no matter how it was rearranged it wouldn't end up being fun

>Q: Does that mean you would like to make a Shenmue IV and beyond?
YS: Yes, if possible I would like to.

>Q: So for now then, the story won't be completed in Shenmue III?
YS: No, I don't think it will be completed. It just won't be enjoyable if forced to a conclusion.

>Q: Is there any plan to provide downloadable content (DLC) after the release?\
YS: Yes, there is. I can't tell you what it is yet though. [laughs]

>Q: In terms of the amount of content in the game, how much do you suppose it will be?
YS: We're still in the middle of making it so it is difficult to predict, but I would say it will easily reach around 30 hours.

>Q: Shenmue and Shenmue II were action adventures that retained the atmosphere of your masterpiece, Virtua Fighter. What kind of genre will Shenmue III be?
YS: This time it won't be Virtua. Shenmue used the Virtua Fighter fighting engine, and Shenmue II the Virtua Fighter II engine for battles. However this time, we aren't using the Virtua engine, but building an original one from scratch. It's hand-made.

>Q: What will happen regarding voice actors?
YS: It's something that was already arranged at the Kickstarter, but to start with for the Japanese version we have Masaya Matsukaze who acted Ryo Hazuki, and for the English version Corey Marshall. There has been a lot of people wanting the series' voice actors to be in it, so I want to make that happen as far as possible. However, the previous games were a long time ago, and some of the voice actors have already retired - for example, for the case of the heroine Shenhua, a new audition will need to be held, I think.
>>
>>388098347
When do you think a demo will drop?

Summer 2018?
>>
File: su_09.jpg (486KB, 1600x741px) Image search: [Google]
su_09.jpg
486KB, 1600x741px
There's no way the ps4 can handle this, wait for downgrade
>>
File: su_11.jpg (281KB, 1600x741px) Image search: [Google]
su_11.jpg
281KB, 1600x741px
>>388103271
Seriously, no.
>>
File: 36328346440_f61a268aff_o.jpg (2MB, 1920x889px) Image search: [Google]
36328346440_f61a268aff_o.jpg
2MB, 1920x889px
>>388102973
That's a pretty safe assumption.
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/translationinterview-with-yu-suzuki.html

They really only cobbled something together for Gamescom because of the international publishing agreement with Deep Silver whose HQ is in Munuch, Germany. Expect few screenshots for the remainder of 2017.

>Q: Next, I'd like to ask about the systems [games, jobs etc] in Shenmue III. You have previously talked about Bailu Village, Choubu and Baisha, and stated that there will be different ways to have fun at each. Could you give a little more detail about what those would consist of?
YS: I can't comment in depth yet, since there may be changes as we tune the game, but at the moment, for example, we're putting a lot of effort creating them in Choubu. They also include some "Shenmue-esque" elements. Such things as tortoises, ducks and frogs will be making an appearance! [laughs]

>Q: Meaning there will be some kind of game that uses them?! There was a duck race in Shenmue II, but...
YS: There will also be a race. And I also want to include lure fishing. I have a system planned where various people will tell you about fishing spots, and you can sell the fish you've caught to earn money.

>Q: Are there any other ways to make money?
YS: There will be wood-chopping.

>Q: Wood-chopping! And how about forklifts...?
YS: Forklifts... if I don't include them, everyone will be upset with me. [laughs] Forklifts are being readied.

>Q: For you, what do you think is a "Shenmue-like" feel?
YS: For example: humidity.
>Q: Humidity?
YS: A lot of CG in games have high-contrast images that are and crisp and dry like a desert, and they look great as far as that goes, but this is a slightly damp feeling like after rainfall. Or another example: in China pig carcasses are sold just as they are under the blazing sun, without refrigeration, and they give off a stench. As a part of the reality, I'd like to portray an atmosphere that makes you feel stinkiness.
>>
>>388103271
Looks averge though
Lots of foliage isn't even impressive,even PS4's shitty CPU can stream tons of it as long as it has no physics to make the CPU sweat (See Horizon Zero Dawn)
>>
>>388103271
small detailed areas the ps4 can easilly handle at 60 fps, the thing fucking the ps4 and modern console games up is the focus on big open environments and open world.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.