[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does this get interesting? Will the sidequests always be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 2305524-a_realm_reborn.jpg (78KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
2305524-a_realm_reborn.jpg
78KB, 690x388px
When does this get interesting? Will the sidequests always be this bare and bland?

what's the most fun class (pugilist not fun so far, also regretting my roll as a tall gay elf)
>>
>>388098197
Heavensward is when the real shit begins
>>
File: 1503451660417.jpg (288KB, 1440x1385px) Image search: [Google]
1503451660417.jpg
288KB, 1440x1385px
>>388098268
Oh. Too bad it's not part of the trial, I really want to see does it actually get fun before investing into the package
>>
bump, where are all the weebs when you need them
>>
>>388098197
>PGL not fun
Die.
>>
story gets better. levelling and questing stays consistently shit and the maps stay ugly and terribly uncreative so its a massive slog
>>
>>388098197
Side quests stay mediocre at best.
Some of the job quest stories are good though.
Main story starts slow, but just before Heavensward it get really good and stays pretty damn good.
Combat also starts out kinda slow, sadly enough, but gets way better aswel.

The difference between level 30 and 50 is insane on most classes. (Apart from MCH which is a boring sack of shit class up till like level 60)
>>
File: 1301016356198.png (12KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1301016356198.png
12KB, 429x410px
>>388098197
Take it from someone who spent quite a bit of time playing - Quit now while you still can and aren't tied to it by some sort of buyer's remorse/false sense of emotional ties/whatever it is this type of game eventually creates that makes you keep playing eventhough deep down you know it's just not worth the time/investment.

Yu aren't enjoying it now, you won't later, no matter what people tell you, 'it gets better at endgame' etc.
Endgame is actually the worst part since you just spend your time standing in whatever the current hub is, waiting for duty queues to pop so you can grind the same shit content again and again just so you can get slightly better gear with stats that barely matter cause the whole thing is so streamlined there's no room for creativity or fun at all.

Run shitty repetitive content, bash your head against crappy uninspired fight mechanics while dealing with either random jerks or guild jerks, in the end it's all the same there's no sense of reward cause the progression is so bland it doesn't matter on the long run.

No skill involved or barely, the dude who grinded for hours for the better gear will always do more damage than you even if you play better.

Story is mediocre at best, Heavensward is the only highlight but definitely not worth suffering the rest of the crap story and presentation (I hope you like indie tier emote based cutscenes and having the blandest character in a "RPG" ever)

Overworld serves no purpose, you'll never revisit it once you're done except to do bland content that's neither fun or rewarding anyway

Player interaction is non existent, most people just log in to run dailies so they can keep the soulless grind show off their flashy gear they obtained running bland and repetitive content while backstabbing other players (lootmaster bird farm fuck yeah), you'll be seen as a slightly more clever NPC most of the time. Unless you're into ERP I suppose.

Only good thing this game has to offer is the music.
>>
>>388098197
Level 70.
>>
>>388101693
As an MMO it barely checks, it just rehashes stuff that's been done for years ever since WoW did it, it just has a FF paint job to trick fans of series into it. Sure the story beats the likes of FFXIII's or XV's but that's not really an achievement in itself.

It doesn't even have the high value presentation you'd come to expect from the series at this point, I don't care if it's not a main title (or is it?), which is a shame cause some of the story actually isn't that bad (Heavensward) and would definitely deserve better presentation.

Soken's talent is wasted on this game, it doesn't deserve such good music.
>>
>>388098197
>Will the sidequests always be this bare and bland?

Yes, and they are the reason why I stopped playing. the later dungeons are pretty fun though
>>
When does this get interesting?
It's pretty intermittent throughout, it gets better once you start unlocking some trials and peters out until the last patch quests where it gets good again.

Will the sidequests always be this bare and bland?
Yes, don't do them.

What's the most fun class?
Honestly, pugilist is probably one of the better classes compared to others at lower levels (as in, isn't a complete pain to play). It really depends what you're looking for in a class though.
>>
>>388098197
The trial is really limited. The gameplay improves significantly once you get close to 50 (or 60 for some jobs). The sidequests are terrible, don't do them. Just do the main story quests and run dungeons or palace of the dead. It is a quintessential theme park mmo, it's nothing special but it is satisfactory.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.