[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should Skyrim be better than The Witcher 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

File: ciri_the_witcher_3.jpg (104KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
ciri_the_witcher_3.jpg
104KB, 1191x670px
Why should Skyrim be better than The Witcher 3?
>>
skyrim was released on 11/11/11 so fucken epic

beat that bro
you cant lmao
>>
File: 1.png (39KB, 772x386px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
39KB, 772x386px
>>388095749
Because the only objective indicator of quality is how many copies a game sells and how well it can retain its players. Skyrim outsold Witcher 3 by a huge amount and has managed to retain its players drastically better. Witcher 3 is objectively trash, your shit subjective opinion is irrelevant, get over it and move on.
>>
I don't care what anyone says I unironically like Skyrim more than TW3

>Spidey senses
>Obnoxious horse riding
>Fucking cut scenes when you want to trade with a merchant
>Clunky controls
>Clunky looting
>Shit inventory system
>>
File: this thread.png (71KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.png
71KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>388096112
>what is GOG
>>
>>388096493
Something that only 3.5 mongoloids, who like paying for repackaged torrents, use.
>>
File: 1502274610409.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1502274610409.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>388096585
>>
>>388096649
Prove that W3 has 20k concurrent players on GOG right now then.
>>
>>388095749
Because both are shit
>>
>>388096831
https://gamerant.com/the-witcher-3-gog-sales-410/

let's also not forget that Skyrim is completely 100% absolutely irredeemably dead on consoles due to no mods and is only being played on PC because of sexlab
>>
>>388095749
I don't understand why people even here are calling TW3 the best RPG of all time.
It's got good graphics, but that's one of the least important aspects to an RPG.
>>
File: 1503573581538.png (861KB, 1146x908px) Image search: [Google]
1503573581538.png
861KB, 1146x908px
>>388096112

>quantity of sold itens indicate quality

Yes, Transformers is better then Citizen Kane, Twilight Series is better then any Nobel Prize winner, and Gangnan Style is the best music ever made.

Are you really this retarded?
>>
File: Harry crop.jpg (22KB, 275x283px) Image search: [Google]
Harry crop.jpg
22KB, 275x283px
>>388097072
>It's got good graphics, but that's one of the least important aspects to an RPG.

Play some real RPGs.
Pic related kinda (you and good rpg)
>>
>>388096972
>In total, a count of the PC users of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt tallies up to approximately 1.3 million gamers. Of those, 693,000 are playing the title using GOG Galaxy
That article is full of shit or is outdated as fuck. The number of W3 copies sold on Steam is 3.6million, which is several times more than the number of copies sold on GOG, according to the same article. Even for a game that's supposed to be the "flagship" of the platform, it still sells drastically more on Steam, which only supports my argument that nobody uses GOG.

Also, where are the concurrent player numbers I've asked for?

>Skyrim is completely 100% absolutely irredeemably dead on consoles
Prove this nonsense.

>is only being played on PC because of sexlab
Then prove this one as well.

I'm not interested in your shit opinion, I'm interested in facts.
>>
File: chad pidgeon.jpg (177KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chad pidgeon.jpg
177KB, 1600x1200px
>>388097525
stop baiting stupid nigger
>>
>>388096035

true that bro, high FUCKIN five dude
>>
>>388097217
Fallout 1 doesn't have good graphics, it's got good art direction, which is more important for worldbuilding than graphical fidelity.
>>
>>388097202
>Transformers is better then Citizen Kane
It's not. Citizen Kane is drastically more popular, compared to Transformers, because popularity is not determined by box office numbers. A lot more people have ever watched CK and liked it than Transformers.

Moreoever, videogame industry "critics" cannot be compared to movie critics. Videogame "critics" are random bums off the street with no relevant education or credentials, therefore their opinions are no more inherently valuable than the opinions of regular players, which is why any and all GOTY awards are worthless trash. Comapring videogame "critics" them to Academy Awards members is blasphemy.

TL;DR: you're a fucking retard who has no clue what he's talking about.

>>388097675
No actual numbers? That's fine, I did not expect anything else from a potato cultist.
>>
>>388097879
>Putting graphics first
>>
File: u thought fucko.jpg (78KB, 400x581px) Image search: [Google]
u thought fucko.jpg
78KB, 400x581px
>>388098365
Nigga can you not read?
>>
File: rad.png (192KB, 362x302px) Image search: [Google]
rad.png
192KB, 362x302px
>>388098436
I'm blind posting sorry
>>
>>388095749
Skyrim objectively has
> better controls and character handling
> more interactive and engaging gameplay
> better crafting system
> better exploration
> better ui
> better character building
> better magic system
> a stealth system
> better character interaction
> better music
>>
>>388097936
>Citizen Kane is drastically more popular

No one's seen Citizen Kane. Go fap to how Naruto is the pinnacle of art because it sold so many copies too. Only /v/ would be so retarded as to use this metric. And only on /v/ could you say this without being immediately laughed out.
>>
>>388097072
>graphics

It's got good writing. If you don't care about writing at all like /v/ does I could see how you could give Skyrim a remotely fighting chance. With a lot of mental contortion. All you have to do is compare Novigrad to any hamlet in Skyrim and you'll understand why people say that Skyrim is as deep as a puddle. It's like that for all of Skyrim's customization.
>>
>>388096112
>sales
>mattering
Sales only matter as a determinate of quality if you're a jew who loves money and hates good games.
If sales are the determinate of quality then games designed to psychologically abuse you for more cash must be the best games and not games designed to be fun.
But you're probably a kike so this is lost on you.
>>
>>388095749
better combat
>>
>>388100519
>charge two handed fireball
>enemies flies 20 feet away
>heal

Great combat.
>>
Skyrim is boring
Witcher 3 is shallow
Can't win
>>
>>388100450
1. Sales and concurrent numbers after a period of time that is enough for people to figure out how the game actually plays are an indicator of how many people liked the game overall.
2. Games are art.
3. Art is valued on the basis of how it affects the audience, the more people get inspired by a piece of art, the more valuable the piece of art is.
4. A piece of art conforming perfectly to any of the corresponding art theories, yet incapable of attracting an audience is worthless.
5. Sales and concurrent player numbers are an objective measure of how a game manages to affect its audience.
6. Therefore sales and concurrent player numbers are the only objective indicator of videogame quality.
>>
File: friendly_old_player.png (143KB, 398x384px) Image search: [Google]
friendly_old_player.png
143KB, 398x384px
>>388096112
I completely agree fellow video game consumer. Skyrim is objectively the best RPG of all time since it has sold the most copies. This makes perfect sense since Tetris, Minecraft, and Wii sports are also the best games of all time because they sold the most copies. Now go out and buy a switch so you can get the latest Skyrim: Special Edition!
>>
>>388095749
It's better in terms of the modding community and its setting. Other than that, the quests are all dull and boring fetch-a-tons. Witcher, on the other hand, keeps switch'n baitin' your expectations while doing your quests, making the experience more intriguing and entertaining. Cutscenes are god-tier and the conversations are interesting. The combat is flowy and tries to emulate the combat style explained in the movies. People hating on the combat mechanics probably didn't understand how its meant to be played.
>>
>>388101343
>Tetris, Minecraft, and Wii sports are also the best games of all time because they sold the most copies.
They are, in their respective genres.
>>
File: greatswords.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
greatswords.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>388100519
>>
>>388101763
The guy using greatswords in Skyrim is using them wrong on purpose. Had he used the power attacks, the dragon would have been stunned just like the enemies in Dark SOuls or DD, this webm is an intentional misrepresentation of how the game plays, but you can't fool someone who has actually played the game.
>>
File: 1466071060816.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466071060816.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>388101934
Surely you jesting
>>
>>388102242
I'm not, your own .webm shows the defender staggering from a power attack when blocking, you haven't even played the game. If you have enough stamina, you can effectively stunlock an opponent in Skyrim for as long as your stamina allows to dish out power attacks.
>>
>>388102494
Not that guy but as someone who plays as a battle mage in Skyrim I can tell you that all I ever need to do with a great sword is to mash the attack button until the enemy is dead.
>>
>>388102494
saw your autism on page 0 and just thought I'd tell you that the elf doesn't get staggered from the power attacks at all in the .webm, or react in a reasonable way. I had to watch the clip again and pay attention to his stamina meter to even notice the power attacks. They just look like slower normal attacks.
>>
>>388102494
stop
>>
>>388102242
>>388101763
Also, neither of these .webms shows the player using the shield/pommel bash, which is an essential part of melee gameplay. You're supposed to interrupt your opponent with a shield/pommel bash first to stun him briefly and then follow up with actual attacks that deal damage. Alternatively, you can open the fight with a power attack that can (but not always) stun the target and deal damage as well, but it's more risky this way, though you deal damage on the very first hit and don't need a bash.

These two .webms you've posted are nonsense, nobody actually plays this way.

>>388102895
>the elf doesn't get staggered from the power attacks at all in the .webm
He does, dumbfuck. When the elf is blocking he recoils from the power attack and cannot act at all during that time period, you know jack shit.
>>
>>388101763
this entire webm just shows how gay greatswords really are
or how gay games with greatswords really are
>>
>>388102839
>I can tell you that all I ever need to do with a great sword is to mash the attack button until the enemy is dead.
Post a .webm of you doing so without cheats on Legendary or at least Master difficulty.
>>
>>388103028
Everybody plays this way you jackass. The game is literally just mashing left or right click depending on your mood but having no functional difference at all except more stamina for more damage and pausing the game when you run out of health to instantly drink a health potion and then continuing to mash.
>>
>>388103103
the difficulties do literally nothing except scale enemy HP and damage. what's your point?
>>
>>388103365
>Everybody plays this way you jackass.
They don't, not on Master or Legendary aka the only difficulties that matter.

>The game is literally just mashing left or right click
Prove this nonsense for the difficulties I've mentioned.

>but having no functional difference
Objectively wrong. Regular attacks only deal damage, power attacks have a high chance to stun, lateral power attacks inflict damage throughout the entire trajectory of the swing and can hit multiple enemies. Again, you haven't played the game, you know jack shit.
>>
>>388103547
Guys I think we've found the only person on /v/ who unironically likes skyrim
It's like watching a monkey in a cage, except the monkey is Bigfoot
>>
>>388103498
>the difficulties do literaly nothing except make the game harder
>what's your point?
My point is that you're a fucking mongoloid. You don't spam regular attacks on Legendary on Master without cheats or god item mods, you shit-eating cretin. Post proof of your nonsense or neck yourself.
>>
>>388103649
Yes, you do. You just try to outscale the enemies with broken +100000% potions or enchants or drink more potions because that's the extent to which the game allows your personal skill to matter.
>>
>>388101285
I can't tell if you're a jew who has huffed his own memes too hard or the the goodest of goyim.
>>
>>388103814
>use exploits to break the game
>complain the game is too easy
WOOOOOOOOOW.
>>
>>388104169
>max difficulty just to make the combat serviceable
>and even then combat still requires self-enforced restrictions
>>
>>388104896
>plays on difficulties other than max
>breaks the game with exploits
>then complains about the game not being challenging enough
Your opinion is dogshit.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.