[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: KojimaKonami.jpg (126KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
KojimaKonami.jpg
126KB, 1080x720px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
Konami
Konami
>>
>Get a budget to make a game to be released in 2013
>2015 and the game is still half finished but you got time to put in a button to make your horse shit
Kojima obviously
>>
The fucking Kojima fandom who wants to make a soap opera out of everything.

>WAAAAAH MY HUSBANDO WAS VICTIM OF PURE BUSINESS DECISIONS! #FUCKONAMI RIGHT
>>
>>388093142
Kojima

Has he ever given any credit to his team?
>>
>>388094046
No he programmed directed art directed, wrote the script made models animations textures, sound design and music himself. Truly the Michaelangelo of our times
>>
100% Konami. MGSV is a censored work.
>>
>>388093142
He got cucked hard by Konami. It makes me smile every time I think about it
>>
>Get a exorbitant budget
>Spend all of it doing mocap
Kojimbo.
>>
>>388093142
Neither.

Kojima wanted to continue making video games.
Konami didn't.

From Kojima's perspective, making the Fox Engine was an extremely smart investment; but since Konami wanted to get out of video games it was money down the drain.
>>
We will never know.
>>
>>388094429
Did I imagine it or were there interviews where he shits on his team? Like I vaguely remember one where he wasn't apparently involved in one of the MGS games but it was shit so he came back and single-handedly saved the game.
>>
>>388094869
>Kojima wanted to continue making video games.
>Konami didn't.

This is the problem - Konami doesn't know what they want. They know they want money, but don't want to be bothered too much with the details of how it happens. They DO still want to make videogames, but only the biggest, guaranteed-hit money printers (eg. MGS, Castlevania, Pro Evolution Soccer). And they are still using Fox Engine for these. So, of course, they throw out the father of MGS, who drove the creation of Fox Engine.

The truth behind the Kojima/Konami split is one of creative differences and respect. They (deservedly) made Kojima a VP with absolute creative authority, then went back on it when he actually tried to use it - driven by the rise of a general disrespect of all their gaming
>>
>Blow some money on all these licensing deals
Can't even license actual Bowie tracks let alone the most iconic tracks from the 80s.
>Blow some money on some product placement ads here, maybe an entire fucking CLOTHING LINE THERE, maybe
STAGE A WHOLE PRESENTATION FOR THIS
>Hire these celebs and a non-actor to record a bunch of dialogue and then cut like half of it on a whim
>Commission a shit load of music for the game and then not use the grand majority of it allegedly
>Build a fucking awesome, robust engine to be quite frank but then cut some of the finer features out because the console ports can't handle it--RIP subsurface scattering and some of the earlier dynamic fx; A good chunk of the intricacies from the old engine don't make the transition and are lost.
>Not even getting into the actual meat of MGS V's development cycle.

The internet tells me it's Konami

And the internet can never tell a lie
>>
>>388095708
>who drove the creation of Fox Engine

I really doubt that he had much input in the engine.
>>
A mix of both. Konami was a cunt and Kojima wasted time and resources.
>>
>>388094527

But this too. The problem is that we don't know if Kojima was just embellishing when talking about these "taboos".

The Paz scene was pretty hardcore if you assume that's just a kid, It's grizzly.
To be fair implied rape is in there too

I mean you're kidnapping kids but it's not like you're abusing or killing them.

I wonder if that's exactly what he was referencing in those interviews. Like somehow we expected more and there never was.
>>
Could they have one upped this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxN-mbwLVkE
>>
>>388096048
The entire schism story originally broke as reports of borderline-illegal abusive treatment of staff. It later was tied to the change in top management and thus to a pachislot-focused future, requiring them to drive out a large number of game dev staff (forcing them to quit rather than firing them, a sadly common practice in Japan, done to avoid legal requirements on and for the severance of salaried employees). Kojima himself being included in this came to light later, with the most likely explanation being creative differences over MGSV (Kojima had long alluded to the game being a particularly challenging/divisive work). The first mentions of any possible fiscal motivation for getting rid of Kojima particularly only came years after the split was done, by totally detached anonymous commentators (trolls).

Everything your greentexted is just bog-standard (AAA) game development. Literally all AAA games have associated 'designer' clothing. Literally all AAA games have console versions which don't use a fraction of their actual tech. Literally all AAA games have enormous amounts of unused content and assets.

These are mult-million dollar products.
>>
Honestly just grasping at straws. That's all a person can do without knowing the specifics of how shit actually went down.

Konami's reported actions early on probably had a lasting impact on the game's development which is why I won't be buying a single product of theirs ever again. Even if I'm just one person.
>>
File: FB9bjEJ.jpg (70KB, 540x593px) Image search: [Google]
FB9bjEJ.jpg
70KB, 540x593px
No matter what you think Kojima did, Konami burned a bridge before they even saw the commercial performance of TPP (they made a fuckton off Ground Zeroes and they made 100 million profit in 24 hours of TPP's release)

In business, you don't burn bridges like that. Especially when they provided tech that could be uses to pump games out every 2-3 years going forward.
>>
Konami wanted to make pachinko machines, Kojima wanted to make movies
>>
>>388098321
His games were basically guaranteed money every two to three years. His engine could be used for rendering pachinko shit too.

Konami's actions were personal and were not a good business decision.
>>
Kojima

He was given a large budget & lots of time by a company that couldn't really afford to make a AAA game

He fucked around & mismanaged the project for half a decade
>>
>>388098739
I'm pretty sure that they could afford a AAA game.
>>
>>388094527
The PC version is actually censored worldwide compared to the western console releases.
>>
>>388095303
I think it was mgs4, suppostly there was a scene where the chick soldiers were shoothiny through a window but the team couldnt put the window in place so Hideo came and saved everything
>>
Are Konami repsonsible for the story being an incomprehensible, unnecessary mess? Cutting all the dialogue out? Making the characters cardboard cutouts?

Yeah we get the opportunity to know how Ocelot and Big Boss established Outer Haven, lol no jk it's a mute body double voiced by Kiefer Sutheland and Ocelot babysits puppies and Liquid.
>>
File: kindly.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
kindly.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>388093808
>fandom
tumblr wants you back
>>
>>388093142
Both
>>
If Ground Zeroes weren't a thing I'd be inclined to say Kojima, but after Konami pulled that shit the least they could have done is let Kojima finish the game.
>>
>>388099991
Any of the big companies can fund a AAA game but they can't spend AAA game tier budget for nearly a fucking decade and not get pissed, all the big companies want is money and the more time you spend eating that money and not managing to recoup it is time you're making the suits get increasingly anxious
>>
File: 1439126357255.png (3MB, 858x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1439126357255.png
3MB, 858x2500px
>>388093142
Konami threats its workers like shit. They are a very bad company to work with and they care more about their gambling market than about videogames.
Kojima was a literal money sink, he has ideas bigger than he will ever be able to achieve. He's a visionary, in the worst sense of the term, he's a Peter Molyneux that sucks even more money. He cares more about his Hollywood friends than about his games.

So who was in the wrong? Both of them.
The only victims here are MGS fans.
>>
Casca for enjoying it
>>
File: 1463658130151.jpg (106KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463658130151.jpg
106KB, 640x360px
>>388093142

Both.
Konami for providing a shit environment for kojima and his people to work in.
Kojima for fucking around with celebrities, wasting time and money on a unfinished game.

Seriously, more than 4 years, millions upon millions upon millions of dollars feeding the project and he failed to present a finished product.

Konami made things difficult yes, but kojima didn't help
>>
>>388100938
I guess cultists is more appropriate then?
>>
File: angry mother base.jpg (37KB, 623x468px) Image search: [Google]
angry mother base.jpg
37KB, 623x468px
>>388102838
no, you're wrong!
>>
>>388093142
Both
Konami because they give no fucks about antyhing than profit margins, and kojimbo because he got cucked into make the fox engine to end up in soccer games and ruined metal gear after 3 because his friend was kidnapped by the slanted mafia.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.