[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to play this for the first time, should I play the DLC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg (45KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg
45KB, 288x345px
About to play this for the first time, should I play the DLC on my first playthrough or leave it for NG+?
>>
Garbage game. Return it.
>>
>>388089330
First playthrough. There's better games to play than playing Bloodborne twice.
>>
Play it on first time, just get to final boss and do dlc. Its pretty hard on ng+
>>
>>388089448
On PS4? Name one
>>
>>388089398
>>388089448
Calm down PCfriends
>>
How the fuck do I beat the three hunters in Yahar'gul
>>
First playthrough. Start it when you hit 70-80 is the general skill consensus.
>>
>>388089330
I'd say beat the game normally, then enter DLC as soon as you're able to in NG+. Provided you don't overlevel in the first playthrough.
That, and it'd make the final boss of your BB playthrough the best boss too.
>>
do the DLC late game, I had friends who were stuck on the DLC because they started it at NG+4

I personally did the DLC on NG+2 and was overwhelmed at first, but beat it quite easily once i adjusted.
>>
>>388089512
Infamous, Persona
>>388089513
Idort actually but PS4 alone has more than just Bloodborne
>>
>>388089557
Hit, backstep. Like that. If you really cant do it, summon a backup and summon will act as decoy
>>
>>388089627
I have 900 hours in Bloodborne and all of that was perfectly worth it :')
>>
>>388089846
Good on you if you like it that much. I thought it was pretty mediocre and ended up skipping the DLC because I didn't want to play through it again. I figure it's worth
>>
File: tumblr_nmfvkm0XH71qep3h6o1_540.jpg (61KB, 540x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmfvkm0XH71qep3h6o1_540.jpg
61KB, 540x284px
>>388089330
Do the game normally until you get up to the last fight (you'll know) and instead of that, do the DLC first.
>>
>>388089906
Whoops, hit enter too early. It's worth warning OP because people like you are outliers.
>>
>>388089906
>>388089936
>skips the best content in the entire series
Why are you this retarded
>>
>>388089330
Why would you leave it for ng+?
The only thing that makes sense to leave for ng+ are the chalices, and I still strongly recommend doing the first few.
>>
>>388089970
I beat the game once which sent me to NG+ and didn't want to play it again to get to the new content. However good it'll still have the same boring combat and awful framerate.
>>
>>388090030
>boring combat
Found the shield baby
>>
Do it before you kill Mergo
>>
>>388090062
Nope, I usually play Souls with a 2h. The loop of dodge in > attack > dodge out just sucked and there was no real way to mix it up since all the weapons play the same. it took the worst parts of Demons' Souls' healing system and paired it with the stupid attack-to-recover mechanic which means you only ever die if you get stunlocked in the first hit. It's just not very good, I don't know why people keep pretending otherwise two years on. The memes need to end someday.
>>
>>388090197
>all the weapons play the same
So you didn't play the game.
>>
>>388090620
>durr you didnt play it
Ask me for a timestamped photo next
>>
>>388089621
What is the difficulty like in comparison to DaS1/3 DLC which I did on NG+? I found Manus and Kalameet the most difficult in this regard.
>>
>>388089330
Can't confirm this, but I looked online for when the best time was to complete it, and read that it was harder in NG+?

Also, you get new weapons, like the bow, which was really helping people in challice dungeons when I was doing mutliplayer boss fights.

If you're going to be playing with other people, the variety of weapons NG+ gives you is pretty fun.

When you beat the final boss of the DLC, you really feel like you accomplish something too. Enjoy.
>>
File: 1500330733657.jpg (7KB, 178x188px) Image search: [Google]
1500330733657.jpg
7KB, 178x188px
>>388090672
>make nonsensical arguement
>be ass-blasted when told this
>>
As someone who just did it the first playthrough's fine but you'll probably want to visit it when you're mostly done with main game shenanigans. I went into it at about level 80 and I didn't feel overpowered.
>>
>>388089448
you don't have to play it again to enter the dlc, my pcfriend
>>
>>388090672
do that, pls
>>
>>388089557
separate them, then fight them one on one, just run to that side hall area and only one should stay agro'd on you, theres also one on that winding stairway who you can just keep back stabbing
>>
>>388090197
>dodge in > attack > dodge

How does it feel to be a cheesing bore of a player? Holy shit, no wonder you think the game is tedious. You're making it as slow as possible on purpose.

>only ever die if you get stunlocked in the first hit

Show me where this magical option for easy mode is found. Because this shit sure as fuck isn't true.

That's one gtfo pls, keep the change.
>>
>>388089557
AXE EM
the axe is the most broken weapon in the game
>>
>>388089627
infamous is pretty shit compared to it's predecessors same with persona.
>>
Bloodborne thread? Nice
Post weaponfu
>>
>>388091891
Not him but ideally a game shouldn't require a player to handicap himself in order to have fun, especially in a game like BB/Souls where the atmosphere implies a very dangerous and threatening place where the goal is just to get through it by the skin of your teeth and not to play the game as if you were going for an S rank in style like a spectacle action game.
>>
>>388089973
>Why would you leave it for ng+?

Out of habit really, on DaS1/3 I just played through the game without looking anything up (in the case of 3 the DLC wasn't even out by the time id finished the main game) then id play through the game a second time and try to do every optional area/boss and DLC, made both playthroughs very unique and enjoyable.
>>
>>388092114
you would've shat on him as well, if he told you Dark Souls was ez pz because Havel's Shield existed, which you could turtle behind perfectly fine for the whole game.
It's tedious though, that's why only a select number of tremendous cuntboys do it.

This goes for his argument of "hurr dodge in, hit once and dodge to the other side of the room again" as well.
Might as well point the camera at the sky for the whole game and shit on the (admittedly existing) camera problems.
>>
>>388092114
>handicap himself
You will do a lot better if you actually mixup attacks and strategies. Brute force is for retards who get stuck on bosses and then complain about the game being unfair.
>>
>>388092367
What's brute force about dodging an attack, getting a hit in then dodging away? brute force implies tanking damage or something.
>>
So I recently started replaying to gette las trophy, but I'm having a hard time with the Depth 4 Defiled Pthumeru.

Does your vitality affects how much HP you have in that? Also what is the best build to finish Great Pthumeru? I have every build past 100.
>>
>>388089330
On your first its a bit of a jump in difficulty and on NG+ even more so. First time best time
>>
>>388092731
>Does your vitality affects how much HP you have in that
Defiled cuts your HP in half. So if you have 1,500, you'll have 750 in the dungeon.
As for "easiest build" it's be ARC with 50 Arcane and hunter tools. Just fucking destroys everything even if it's cheesey as hell. Alternatively BLT and simon's bow blade.
>>
>>388089330
Why don't you think for yourself?
>>
>>388092487
By brute force I mean persistently doing something that does not yield. For example, you can totally defeat laurence with a bloodletter on a BT build but using Simon's bowblade will make the fight a lot easier. If he actually tried using other weapons, he might not have found the game boring.
>>
File: 1486657612666.png (397KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1486657612666.png
397KB, 600x580px
>>388090197
>pckeks still so salty they shitpost even though its obvious they never played the game
>we are halfway through 2017
>>
>>388092304
Do you only ever play through souls games twice?
>>
>>388093269
For the most part yes, DeS I played through once, DaS 3 times and im on my third playthrough of DaS3 although I doubt ill finish it.
>>
>>388089330
do the DLC on first playthrough, NG+ DLC bosses are no joke.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.