[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Youtube trying to kill video game content? Recently, a very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

File: youtube-logo-preview-1.png (6KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
youtube-logo-preview-1.png
6KB, 512x512px
Is Youtube trying to kill video game content?

Recently, a very aggressive AI bot has been automatically flagging ANYTHING on Youtube that contains anything remotely controversial - guns, violence, swear words, etc. Flagged videos are demonetized. This happens almost instantly upon upload. Having listened to the most recent Funhaus podcast, it seems to be hitting them and others HARD financially.
Their suggestion was (keep in mind they have one or two connections inside YouTube) that YT is trying to completely clean up its content to make itself palatable to all advertisers. This means demonetizing anything from ISIS recruitment videos to video games that contain one gun.

What is the future of video game content online and would YouTube be successful in removing what made them big in the first place?
>>
Same has been happening to /k/ related youtubers. And it goes beyong youtube. Its all social media who is trying to take them out.
>>
It just demonetizes them? They're hit "HARD financially"?
How is this anything but good? The majority of the videogame content is some turd making a wacky face in the thumbnail. I hope they starve.
>>
>>388083486
the point is that the vast majority of semi-decent video game content requires an investment, not just upfront but in maintenance as well. You can hardly expect someone to fork up big cash in production and not expect a return. I think a big exception is Jim Sterling but he relies on Patreon which I have a separate issue with.
We all have poor ass cheap channels that we like but it's hard to argue against good production as well
>>
File: 1v1SprayTeabagDanceEmote.gif (2MB, 451x750px) Image search: [Google]
1v1SprayTeabagDanceEmote.gif
2MB, 451x750px
>>388083280
>>388083486
Its everything.
Gaming is just obvious because its the biggest medium.
Literally anything that isn't rated G is effectively banned from youtube and will no longer be making money so nobody will bother producing content anymore.

I hope you enjoy your fucking teletubbies content because thats all youre going to fucking get.
>>
No worries /ourguys/ will be the ones to survive
>>
>>388083154
So when are we gonna ditch YouTube?
When will someone make a quality alternative?
>>
>>388083878
Twitch is the obvious first answer but their audience is NOT the youtube gaming audience, they're looking for different things. And their content funding is based on a very different premise
>>
>>388083795
And I still haven't heard a problem. A game channel in it for the money is shit getting spammed on /v/ for, you guessed it, the money. If this means less underage plaguing us with IT'S OUT AAAAAH then that's good and only good.
Name an example of monetized youtube videogame content that we are worse off for not having.
>>
>>388083953
Twitch could make a youtube competitor by introducing a new section for edited videos. I'm guessing they won't either cause they still don't have the mass appeal beyond gaming or because they'll be seen as a direct competitor to a google product, which might make google go "no mister nice guy".
On the other hand, youtube could also introduce a section for adult content, which gets its own advertisers so the whole coca-cola on isis video or whatever it was doesn't happen. Then again, it would mean having to make a decent algorithms that can see the difference between Doom and an Isis recruitment video.
>>
>>388084178
Accursed Farms.
>>
>>388084178
Sounds like you're just not interested in any sort of online video game content at all. That or you only like niche amateur stuff which is fine but will you really argue that the huge majority of that doesn't have very low production quality, an inconsistent schedule and all the other crust that comes with amateur content?
>>
File: 123215326.jpg (20KB, 370x380px) Image search: [Google]
123215326.jpg
20KB, 370x380px
Works for me f@m
>>
>>388084178
Ahoy
>>
File: works on my machine.jpg (23KB, 371x379px) Image search: [Google]
works on my machine.jpg
23KB, 371x379px
>>388084448
>tfw I have to delay my regular upload a week
fuck
>>
>>388084551
Nice going anon
>>
>>388084178
we arent talking about gaming channels you dense fuck
we are talking about ALL CONTENT
>>
>Your video gets flagged because you make one off-colour joke or swear once
>Meanwhile, Curret Year Man still gets ads even when he makes off-colour jokes or swears constantly
>>
Vevo and Friends were a mistake
>>
It's not a bot, it's a blacklist.

Check out the Razorfist video that covers it pretty well.

They're aiming at specific channels that goes against their rhetoric, not the content they upload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6rzwo7BrU
>>
File: smh.png (54KB, 674x726px) Image search: [Google]
smh.png
54KB, 674x726px
>>388085068
i just got this shit solely for adding a laugh track to 9/11.
>>
>>388083154
They're fazing out the content creators so they can make way for the corporate channels so they can get guaranteed support from advertisers
>>
File: 1471310818436.png (235KB, 438x403px) Image search: [Google]
1471310818436.png
235KB, 438x403px
Why does the world try so hard to ruin my fun, /v/?
>>
>>388085996
your fun goes against the prevailing political sentiments of your time
>>
>>388085632
That's the weird thing. Without content creators, why bother with youtube? One of the reasons they can get away with so much is because they don't have any real competitor. The smartest move right now is to have videos on several platforms, specially on your own channel. At least that way you have control.
>>
how does one make YouTube money so they can stay at home and don't have to be a productive member of society?
>>
File: 10e.png (156KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
10e.png
156KB, 800x800px
YouTube's algorithm is basically HAL. It's trying to find what's the problem with YouTube and it figured out we're the problem.
>>
>>388083154
>would YouTube be successful in removing what made them big in the first place?

Big but not profitable. Google famously loses money on YouTube every year and it's only becoming more and more a burden to them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are now asking themselves things like "Do we really need to host 70,000 different playthroughs of the same fucking game?" I think they are done with subtly trying to promote the profitable content over the non-profitable content, they are just completely removing any sort of monetary incentive for ever uploading the non-profitable content in the first place now.
>>
>>388086148
Youtube's just decided it wants to be a shittier version of TV so they can get more ad revenue. The whole ad debacle showed Google that the users of the site are what make it so unprofitable, so it's replacing them with ad-friendly trash.

>>388086190
1. Start 7 or so years ago
2. Sell your soul by putting on a persona that will devour the left over dignity that you didn't even realize you had
3. You'll probably want to start streaming, too.
4. Be lucky.
Alternatively
1. Actually have talent and a passion for what you're doing.
2. Start a Patreon.
3. Be Lucky.
>>
>>388083878
Once another service gets so big, bat company will just turn into another shitshow. Cant stay privet forever if youre sucessful
>>
>>388086337
I don't think that's the problem because most of those don't really generate significant traffic. Problem are advertisers.
>>
>>388086148
>That's the weird thing. Without content creators, why bother with youtube?
Youtube doesn't need the common man, or at least that's what they think. They have their corporate backed content like movie trailers, music videos, top 10 lists and so on. The 'presentable' youtubers who update with inane bullshit will survive, of course, if their traffic can meet the corporate set standard.
>>
>>388086470
Of course. It's a cycle, for sure.
But we're overdue for a reset, so to speak.
>>
>>388084448
>>388084551
Question, what do you guys do? I've been meaning to get in on this.
>>
>>388086595
But in that case, I'll just get cable or a netflix account. Why bother with that inane content. I've always seen those videos as a sort of intermission in between specific content you enjoy. I won't go to youtube JUST for that.
>>
>>388086753
YOU will, but the vast majority of the YT audience is 5-16 year old children and their moms. They can't get makeup tutorials on-demand from Netflix but they can from YT
>>
If you value anything on Youtube (or the net in general), back that shit up now. Soon it's all going bye bye. Drink what you have to drink, then turn your glasses over.
>>
>>388086851
True. I guess they could try adding a section for adult content, with games with violence in them in that section. They'd have their own advertisers. More heavily moderated to find actual hateful content.
They need to realize that pussyfooting around the issue isn't going to work. The excuse of "we're working on it" is bullshit. Either everything is going according to plan or they're fucking up.
I get their situation. They can't be open about the algorithsm because it would be more easily abused but people will experiemnt and find its limits. The need to come out and admit whatever world domination plan they have. Either go the Disney route, say bye bye to the rest, or keep them all but more separated so there's no overlap in content/advertising.
>>
>>388086190
Live off neetbux and devote your free time entirely to youtube videos
You don't even have to whine about your videos getting """banned""" (demonetized) for making a funny little jew joke when you don't lose anything in the first place
>>
>>388086923
I seriously need to get around to that. I have the links to dozens of videos from my childhood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne2HShD_9jc
>>
>>388087261
okay, how does one get neetbux?
as far as i know i'm not an autist. is there a trick?
>>
Videos that are deemed to have "offensive material" aren't promoted in the related videos sidebar, which is where a huge portion of overall views come from - that's the main reason why channels like Leafy fell out of relevance; not because he was a fad.

I made videos quite a few years ago and I made money off of them back when it was really uncommon; the amount of things you could get away with back then is mindblowing.
>>
>>388083878
Just revive metacafe
>>
>>388087741
I remember going there for celebrity nude scenes.
Good times.
>>
>>388086685
I steam other peoples videos and put ads on them :^)

making 35k yearly for literally 0 work :^^^^)
>>
>>388083154
It's because tv and thus fake news is dying.
(((They))) want to take over the most successful platforms.

>>388083878
Dtube, Gab, Minds, everything but vidme really.
>>
>>388087261
Wouldn't you lose neetbux if Youtube become a viable financial career, though?
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 368x339px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 368x339px
I've been making more
>>
>Wtf I can't watch the entire game instead of buying it anymore??
>>
File: 1493103556810.png (1016KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493103556810.png
1016KB, 1280x720px
>>388083154
>YT killing e-celebs
Based Google.
>>
File: googleisbad.png (936KB, 960x660px) Image search: [Google]
googleisbad.png
936KB, 960x660px
>Chex Quest gameplay de-monetised
I heard about this on twitter, who in their SJW mind thought creating a bot to sniff out the controversial shit would be a good idea? I bet the bipolar bitch sabotaged it.
>>
File: 1437996620458.jpg (11KB, 177x184px) Image search: [Google]
1437996620458.jpg
11KB, 177x184px
>>388083486
Why do we have to have these posts? It happens every fucking time, in every relevant thread. Is it shills? Falseflaggers?
>>
>>388088026
you still can, the uploaders just dont get paid for it
>>
>>388087934
Stop pretending that youtube is a fucking career. That's what they'd tell you even if you tried to explain it to them.
>>
>>388088175
which is how it probably should be. will it suck that there are some people who are doing it out of passion that will drop out of the race? sure, but just look at how many youtubers are making LPs and shit purely for the money.
>>
>>388083878
its hard to make a youtube alternative.
youtube for its size has not been profitable since its been aquired by youtube.
google has been only loosing money. advertisements on youtube only server to lessen the financial strain but then again google can afford to loose money on it. youtube is far more useful as a propaganda tool and information gathering because users voluntarily part with personal information.
any site hoping to compete with youtube will need a similar monetary backing and financial might or they might as well not even try. vid.me for example already is experience issues regarding money but they manage since their userbase is basically a waterdrop in the ocean that is youtube.
>>
>>388086190
>don't have to be a productive
>implying entertaining people isn't productive
>pewdiepie daily stream generates thousands of dollars every day
>all he plays is pubg
>>
>>388087981
Why is your watch time half of your view amount?
>>
>>388088108
The same immature 12 year olds watching shitty letsplays of minecraft take the same classes as the immature 12 year olds posting edgy shitposts.
Can't have one without the other, it's just a part of dealing with kids.
>>
>>388088360

If one video goes viral it sorta skews things
>>
>>388088360
He makes those 30 seconds long dank meme remix vids with low effort, people watch those like hotcakes
>>
>>388083154
It's not just gaming it's everything, even ASMR and some cooking channels
>>
oh no...
>>
Can we just start the communist genocide already and purge these liberal sacks of shit.
>>
>>388086685
I make reviews of older/obscurer games.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.