[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another great franchise bites the dust Pres F

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: ruined.png (937KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ruined.png
937KB, 1280x720px
Another great franchise bites the dust
Pres F
>>
File: 1402056288732.gif (2MB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
1402056288732.gif
2MB, 500x230px
>>
File: whomp_ronnie.jpg (225KB, 600x1125px) Image search: [Google]
whomp_ronnie.jpg
225KB, 600x1125px
Looking good desu senpai
>>
>>388080829
I've been in the same position as a lot of monhunfags are when it comes to World, but for other franchises. Now that I can view this kind of thing from the outside though, it looks pretty pathetic.
>>
>>388080829
>>
>>388081519
First thing I'm doing is disabling all of this tutorial stuff.
>>
>>388080829
Seeing who was actually useful in the hunt and seeing who cost you the bonus objective on the quest.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>388081752
>MY GS DID MOST DAMAGE THAN YOU VIRGINS LOSERS IM KICKING YOU xaxaxaxa
>>
>>388081878
>It's the game's fault I play with awful people!
Stupid is as stupid does.
>>
>>388081519
I like what I've seen of world so far except for all of this tutorial/hint shit on my screen.
>>388081878
>implying russians play
>>
>>388081740
So is everyone else but the shitters.
Monster hunter has always had shitters. The games going back to consoles doesn't mean that is retroactively removed shitters from the portable games.
>>388081878
>successful mounts, sling shot hits, Traps tripped and ailments cause, buffs and heals.
I don't see Damage here among the highlights.
>>
>>388081519
as a non-monster hunter fan, this looks interesting, so i wonder what that means for die hards.
>>
>>388080829
World is looking pretty great actually.
>>
>>388082038
>implying russians play
Is that a joke? They're worse than the black plague when it comes to online games
>>
>>388081126
The difference is that you were probably pissed about a game that actually ruined the franchise, anyone still mad about MHW either hasn't seen anything past the initial E3 trailer or is angry that it isn't on the Switch
>>
>>
>>388082190
I mean MH specifically. Russians mainly occupy f2p and Steam games with their toasters or stick to FPS on last gen consoles.
>>
>>388082190
You make your own lobbies in Monster Hunter. Do you know how easy it is to filter out undesirables?
>>
>>388080829
>slinger sniper showing off how you hit a monster with with the thing that has auto aim stickier than a glueglopper

I'd actually be impressed if anyone could miss with that thing.
>>
>>388082117
For actual die hards that have been playing the games since ps2 love the fact the game is getting some QoL changes that it needed for the 13 years.
Nobody likes the voices and shit on screen but it's been confirmed that this tutorial shit can be easily disabled.
As for people who started out on the 3ds. There is a few very vocal people who believe this is the end of the franchise.
>>
>>388081878
They're definitely not going to include damage specifically so that people can't do that
>>
What franchises are even left at this point?
Fallout: dead
Elder Scrolls: dead
MonHun: dead
Deux Ex: probably dead
Final Fantasy: 15 was crap, 16 will kill it
WoW: deader than ded
>>
File: 1490082902193.jpg (106KB, 934x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1490082902193.jpg
106KB, 934x1038px
>>388082203
That's the thing. I was in the same position because the games didn't ruin the franchise. The things I complained about just ended being extremely minute or small issues. Even then I understand the frustration some people will still have, but it's almost always hyperbolic.
>>
>>388082443
None, video games are dead, feel free to remove yourself from the hobby and discussion. Leave us here to eat our garbage.
>>
>>388082443
Final Fantasy has been dead for years, what are you talking about?
>>
>>388080829
Why ? Fucking why ? I'm mad now, they will turn the community to utter shit.
>>
>>388082740
Yeah, THIS is the thing that will turn the great monster hunter community to shit. Don't worry, anyone going into World already thinks its garbage based on the whining.
>>
>>388082443
Fallout was never alive to begin with.
>>
>>388082740
>they will turn the community to utter shit
Are you serious? Have we've been communicating with the same community?
>>
The fact that this game pisses of the monhun autism lords just makes me want to play it even more.
>>
>>388082740
Did you think shitters didn't exist before World?
>>
>>388080829
>not using the je suis monte edit
Step it up
>>
>tfw you finally don't have to buy Nintendo consoles anymore to play MonHun
I mean I bought a 3DS and it's a good handheld but fuck buying a Switch.
>>
>>388081519
Why is the camera panning all over the place?
Stay behind the character, fuck.
>>
>>388083045
It doesn't actually "piss off" Monster Hunter fans. Any hyperbolic bitching and moaning is coming from an amalgamation of "fans" that swear by FU and haven't touched a game in the series since, Nintendo fans who latched onto the series because they "stole" it from Sony and now they're mad because it's gone and XX isn't getting localized, and your usual crop of shit posters who spread doom and gloom for every game spoken of on this board.
>>
File: MHW Charge Blade.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
MHW Charge Blade.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>388081878
Your point? If you use a GS you better do the most damage or you suck ass, other weapons are more utility oriented.
>>
>>388080829
What's wrong with this?
>>
>>388083205
I bought the 3ds for monhun and fucking hate it. I think I'll get bravely default but other than that the library looks kind of crap.
>>
>>388082443
Operation Flashpoint: Dead
Tomb Raider: Dead
Thief: Dead
FEAR: Dead
XCOM: Dead
Syndicate: Dead
Battlefield: Dead

All of those died because of consoles, except for the ones that started on consoles.
>>
>>388083418
CB looks so fun. I didn't really put a lot of time into 4, I think I may start it up fresh and play with it.
>>
File: Nibelsnarf.jpg (106KB, 736x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Nibelsnarf.jpg
106KB, 736x1131px
>>388081519
I'm kind of disappointed that we're finally getting a Monster Hunter game where you can tell what you're looking at but it won't have that stupidly cool Nibelsnarf armor.
>>
>>388083574
>Operation Flashpoint: Dead
Only the name is dead, the franchise lives on as Arma
>>
>>388082190
Most russians don't even know that MH exists, anon
>>
>>388082443
I think Zelda died but came back, maybe prime was announced for it to die for good.
>>
>>388083574
>Operation Flashpoint: Dead
Arma is still around. Literally just a different name because of Codemasters.
>>
>>388083574
>XCOM: Dead
But X-COM 2 just came out last year
>>
>>388083893
And it's a phone game with wow tier graphics.
>>
Only monster hunter I played was Frontier korean version, and Tri on an emulator.

I'm pretty happy to see an HD version coming to the pc, why is everyone hating on it? what's so horrible about this one? I would expect it to be at least better than the psp games everyone loves to death.
>>
>>388083958
I don't like a lot of the changes they've made, but you know that isn't true
>>
>>388084042
Not everybody is hating on it, it looks great. Hell it looks better every time they show off more of it.
>>
>>388084042
The people who are hating on it few but very vocal.
Like they spend all day looking for MH threads to crash and bitch about minor things shown in World or making threads to bitch about minor things in world.
>>
It occurs to me that Dauntless has the exact same thing.
>>
>>388084042
From what I gather
>some people upset that it's moving away from platforms they own
Seems to be a staple of this series desu, but I can understand the ire from Switch owners, especially English ones who might not even get XX localized.
>others upset that in trying to appeal more to the west, it will be casualized and lose some of its charm
Most of the stuff I've seen to be "casualizations" are more like quality of life changes. Then again I only put 50 hours into 4U so I'm no expert. In regards to charm or whatever, the game does look particularly drab colorwise compared to previous titles imo. Some of the complaints were also tied to the unknowns given off from the E3 trailer like the lack of Palico, cooking jingle, and rumors from a "leak."

Then you have the more standard fare in this kind of situation where people are upset that something seen as hardcore and niche will get an influx of new people. Overall though, I'm really excited because one of the main things that deterred me from playing 4U more was none of my friends own a 3DS and I don't even like playing on that damn system.
>>
>>388081519
I kek'd.
>>
SEETHING
>>
>>388080829
It's so casuals get instant gratification because simply hunting a monster isn't enough. They need a pat on the back and a gold star telling them how awesome they were at spamming mounts.
>>
>>388084436
I see, honestly I just expect the content is enough to keep me hooked 100-200 hours, which I think was about the average on previous titles, and they keep the promise of DLC being free.

I don't get how the game could get ruined being casualized, as far as I remember everything has multiple difficulties, they can't possibly neuter all content to baby drooling retard tier. The monster AI has always been what makes the franchise what it is. I understand if they want it to be big they need to appeal a bigger audience, but the system has enough room to deliver both casual entertainment and extreme challenges.
>>
>>388084903
Imagine the complaints when they can't get all of the parts needed to make/upgrade weapons and armor from just a few hunts.
>>
>>388084919
As soon as actual gameplay came out, it looked exactly like Monster Hunter with some new bells and whistles. Some people have legitimate complaints and then other people just want an excuse to whine about casuals like >>388084903. It's dumb because even in games that popularized that shit, like Overwatch, no one cares about it in the slightest.
>>
>>388080829
>The west needs big damage numbers to be happy
>Needs big flashing achievments popping up for every minute thing they do
>Need to see some sort of medal at the end of each match/game to tell them they did well
Sure it doesn't affect gameplay, which looks fine, but this instant gratification shit is so annoying, how are people not just happy with killing a badass monster, why do we need all these extra pats on the back for nothing?
>>
>>388085330
>no one cares about it in the slightest
I sincerly doubt that. But even so, it remains superfluous. I'm not going to cry wolf and say the series is dead, but I don't see how this adds anything at all worthwhile.
>>
>>388085570
Because just ignoring it is too hard, right??
>>
>>388085719
Yeah ignoring its all fine and dandy, you not gonna answer my question though?
>>
>>388085570
>Turn off damage numbers
>Disable achievement/trophy notifications
Solved 2/3 of your problem.
>>
>>388085719
The answer is simple. Western society is just a meme at this point. It's full of braindead idiots and grown up children.
>>
>>388087137
Oops, meant for >>388085820
>>
The same people who complain about the subtle changes for monster hunter will complain when the same title is rehashed 20 times
>>
Its months and drones are still assblasted?
>>
>>388082117
I've been playing since MHFU.

MHW looks dope as fuck.
>>
>>388083958
>wow tier graphics
now thats just bait
it looks great af especially the destruction
if it wouldnt mem leak so hard i would rarely play something else
>>
>>388081878
>plays gs
>doesn't have most damage
>lmao this fuckin scrub
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.