[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its been 5 months What are your thoughts on it now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0594.jpg (137KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0594.jpg
137KB, 250x350px
Its been 5 months
What are your thoughts on it now?
>>
>>388076973
Masterpiece
>>
>>388076973
Weather gives me the shits and too much open space just for the hell of it. Developers need to learn that just adding something because of a false sense of realism doesn't make it fun to play.
>>
>>388076973
Still haven't beaten it.
>>
Good game but boring gameplay
>>
>>388076973
I find it very enjoyable but I play with my family. I think I spend most of my time just exploring wiih my 7 year old as wife providing directions on where they want to go next. So until they get bored I'll keep playing. Playing on master mode keeps me on my toes.
>>
goty
>>
File: mahlerstanza.jpg (245KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mahlerstanza.jpg
245KB, 800x800px
>>388077209
>my 7-year-old wife
>>
it's been like a month since I finished it for the first time. It's still GOTY, maybe even -AY.
>>
>>388076973
Pretty good game
>>
8/10 could've been better.
>>
>>388076973
Liked it on Wii U
Loved it even more Cemu
>>
File: 1501430476840.png (575KB, 1324x992px) Image search: [Google]
1501430476840.png
575KB, 1324x992px
>yfw you enter Typhlo Ruins
>>
>>388076973
Its a must play
>>
>>388078959
>yfw when you ride on Sidon's back
>>
>>388076973
The quests were awful.
>>
>>388076973
Game looks really, really damn nice for being on shitty hardware. the funnest stuff imo was the island that takes away all your gear and the plateau at the beginning. there's nothing really fun to do end game. No replay value as well. A thing that really sucked was enemy variety, Was hoping for more enemies like darknut or iron knuckles. Another thing to note is that fighting with weapons feel relatively the same. Something that really ticked me off while playing was that there's only one attack animation for every weapon. Also there were too many shrines that felt too easy, also too many damn freebies.

I would rate the game a... 7 I guess. I enjoyed the start a lot, but the end made me feel really depressed for buying a switch just for zelda.
>>
Got a switch for Spla2n right before it came out, figured I'd pick up Zelda as well.

I have fun with shrines and exploring the world in general, but so many other things in the game are so dull that I can't really appreciate this more than any other action game. Combat is too simple to be interesting, and master mode just makes it more tedious instead of challenging. Quests are too often "i really with i had [item] or 10 right now..." and just give you 100 rupees (which it's easy to be rolling in once you know where taluses are.) I appreciate the spin on traditional dungeons they tried to do with divine beasts, but they're too short and samey to be very interesting. The voice acting grew on me after awhile, but it's still weird to hear in a Zelda game and it would probably be better off not being there.

It's definitely not worth the price of a switch.
>>
File: C7pPyOYVMAAaDYY.jpg large.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C7pPyOYVMAAaDYY.jpg large.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>388076973
What I wouldn't give to experience it again for the first time
>>
Amazing the first time but I think it's reputation will degrade as time goes on. It's just not very replayable since a lot of the mystery and highs of the exploration lose their magic a second time.
>>
>>388076973
It's a bit threadbare for an open world game.
The mix of physics and puzzle solving is a solid idea but not explored thouroughly enough.
It's the best Zelda game not on a handheld since Windwaker.
It is not some revalatory genre altering masterpiece like Nintenbros want it to be.
>>
>>388076973
Pretty disappointing, probably my 2nd least favorite Zelda ever made (1st being SS only because the Wii controls are guaranteed to work 100% of the time) and the only Zelda other than SS I don't ever plan on beating

When I was doing the Gerudo and Zora stuff I really loved it, but all the in-between stuff felt like this was Nintendo's No Man's Sky. Plus Shrines really suck, I can't believe all the game's content is in them and they all have the game exact design on the inside and out and the same music and the same everything. It's like the game has one single dungeon and it was split into two or three shines per room and its just a nightmare. Weapon breaking really sucks too honestly. Most fights just net you another weapon and the next fight breaks that weapon and so on. It just isn't a very fun game. Things like rain don't really have a benefit, but prevent you from climbing or using metal weapons, so basically you can't explore or fight. Lots of little things in the game like that that just make it seem like an idiot made it. Cooking was neat though
>>
Loved it.

Took a bit for me to get into because I was hesitant to the idea of an open world Zelda game and I'm tired of open world games. Once I got comfortable with how the game wanted you to play I couldn't put it down until I had finished the game.
>>
>>388080376
Zelda has literally always been openworld...
>>
>>388080263
I'd argue that's fine as it is. Given the game is still about 80 hours at least even going at a moderate pace, you've had plenty of time to experience what the game has to offer. A game doesn't neccessarily need replay value in my eyes if it's lengthy and entertaining enough the first time around.
>>
Actually the best vydia experience on someone who just gave up on videogames all together, I know I played it on CEMU, but the game is breath taking even in that way.
Thanks to the anon that recommended it on PC.
>>
File: 1503221536183.png (390KB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
1503221536183.png
390KB, 1280x724px
It established a great formula, but the game itself has a lot of room for improvement. I predict that the sequel using the same game engine will be much better.
>>
>>388076973
9/10 masterpiece of course, just add traditional big dungeons and you'll have a 11/10 GOAT Zelda.
>>
>>388076973
lack of traditional dungeons hurt it. Combat could have been better, as well as combat music.
personal issue, the armor bonus from the 120 shrine completion sucks
>>
>>388077261
so yer a dirty pedofile?
>>
File: C6UvU5VUwAAsOSG.jpg large.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C6UvU5VUwAAsOSG.jpg large.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>388076973
Endless battle in my mind for my personal #1 game of all time in my head between BotW & Metroid Prime 1.

To each their own, but I always get the impression people who don't enjoy BotW are just a little cheap with their sense of wonder & adventure, viewing the whole thing too coldly and mechanically to get immersed. No other game I've played thus far has given me a better sense of simple adventure & journeying. The wanderlust was real.
>>
Game still sucks.
>>
File: C6tg8ylU0AAydGH.jpg large.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C6tg8ylU0AAydGH.jpg large.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>388080818
Guess I'll just add that there are DEFINITELY objective problems with the game, but at the end of my experience, I was left with an 11/10 impression in spite of the any issues I experienced along the way.
>>
>>388076973
Best game ever.
>>
File: gzkLgKh.jpg (81KB, 550x599px) Image search: [Google]
gzkLgKh.jpg
81KB, 550x599px
I could make a better zelda game this day and age than Nintendo. Imagine Botw having been made by Nintendo in the 90s. The world would look darker, there would be dungeons a plenty, many different types of locales each with their own story and characters. Fucking Iron Knuckles would be around, and those fucking Hands would return somewhere in some dark underground tomb. Imagine if Zelda was made by a NIntendo that still cared about all these details.
>>
>>388080818
you sound 12. play more games you fucking faggot
>>
>>388080970
Do you like things you like?
>>
File: 1484444391985.jpg (59KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
1484444391985.jpg
59KB, 625x468px
>>388080960
>>388080970
Samefag, must you ruin such a comfy thread?
>>
It's great but I hope the next one has more and longer dungeons, more varied side quests, and more stuff to find in the world of value other than a billion koroks. Also get rid of those repetitive combat shrines where you fight the same enemy in all of them. But yeah it's a very impressive game, the shot in the arm this series needed.
>>
>>388080000
(don't mind me)
>>
>>388080460
Literally me
>>
>>388080970
Jesus imagine being this angry over someone that likes the game
>>
Lots of weak or bland aspects with some surprisingly good moments like the island trial or Lynel encounters that are just strong enough to keep you interested. Game isn't amazing but it's the best Zelda in over a decade.
>>
>>388076973
I still see it as nothing more than 7/10 game, bland.
>>
>>388076973
Good concept, lackluster execution. Needs ironing out in a sequel. Nintendo needs to stop reinventing the wheel and actually build on previous Zeldas. Twilight Princess was close but still had to throw in those goddamn wolf segments. Focus on quality over quantity, strong dungeon content, cool new items, no gimmicky bullshit.
>>
>>388076973
Best game of all time desu
>>
>>388076973
hands down the best zelda of all time. i don't think nintendo can top this unless they build an entire planet to explore
>>
It was my first zelda game and while I enjoyed it a lot, its also highly disappointing.
The story, characters, shrines, sidequests, overworld exploration, enemy variety, ending, boss fights and even the basic combat are really lacking in many many ways.

Its really baffling, because the potential for something truly amazing is right there but I don't think the game grabs even half of it. The story especially is the biggest offender in my opinion, and the ending doesn't help either. The game needed a lot more of the huryle castle-type dungeons, because the finale to Ganon is fantastic even if it deflates hard once you get there.

I'll replay it in a few months as permadeath no fast travel, its still a good game. I wouldn't rate it higher than a 7 though
>>
9/10 game
>>
File: EtnrEoW.jpg (110KB, 687x400px) Image search: [Google]
EtnrEoW.jpg
110KB, 687x400px
Ocarina of Time is proof that you dont need a large ass map or being able to climb anywhere or any of that shitty survival elements to make a good game.
>>
File: Eiji-Aonuma2.jpg (86KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
Eiji-Aonuma2.jpg
86KB, 470x313px
>>388082793
>it deflates hard once you get there.

SHOOT
ARROWS
AT
EYEBALLS
>>
File: zelda 64.jpg (180KB, 522x510px) Image search: [Google]
zelda 64.jpg
180KB, 522x510px
>>388083236
But for 1998 OoT was a large ass map. People even said the same things then that they do now about BotW.
>>
>>388083304
Not him but that criticism is true, Hyrule Field is mostly empty and boring. Instead of fixing that problem, the 3D games have only doubled down on it.
>>
>>388083304
Thats a huge generalization. Ocarina of Time didnt have breakable weapons, lacked dungeons, or any of the stuff Botw casualized or removed completely. There's always an end to a slippery slope and Botw is the very bottom.
>>
Ending was a bit rushed. I waited til I'd done all the shrines and had a bunch of great weapons and stuff before heading to Hyrule Castle. I figured it'd be like a dungeon or something. Even though i'd seen other entrances I figured I should use the front door then work my way through it all. I walked through the door and the final boss started. A boss that didn't even require eating any of the number of food and elixers I'd prepared. Some of that boss fight looked cool but it was a cakewalk.

I'll probably go back eventually to actually explore the castle (if there's even much to see), but that was still a bit of a deflated way to finish the game.

Loved a lot of it though so I'm not too annoyed
>>
>>388076973

please use Nintendo/Zelda related words so my filters will catch this shit out and hide it
>>
>>388076973

Played it 4 months in while "RENTING" a wii u from gamestop. Not bad, definitely not perfect (more story development + activities might help).

Easily 8/10... could definitely be 10/10 graphics aside
>>
>>388083619
>M-M-M-Muh safe space!!

Lmao.
>>
>>388083432
Nah, Wind Waker is at the very bottom.
>>
>>388083668
WW at least still had a story, characters, and dungeons. And a boss with an actual fight.
>>
I'm still playing it
>>
>>388083715
Which boss was the one with actual fight?
>>
It's a masterpiece, and a good test to see how good someone's tastes in games is. I have a friend who thinks it's empty, but loves Horizon... needless to say his taste in movies and books is just as shit.
>>
File: this is a blizzrobe.jpg (76KB, 641x541px) Image search: [Google]
this is a blizzrobe.jpg
76KB, 641x541px
>>388076973
>>
>>388083236
But OOT Invented the """"survival"""" elements in BOTW with the tunics
>>
Do people hate rain just because you can't climb? Find another way around fuckers
>>
>>388080970
Not that guy but I'm 30 and BotW gave me wanderlust too, you just have shit taste or are trying to act blasé because you're a teen/young adult and still think blasé = cool. You'll grow out of it.
>>
File: 41lqDkqtleL._SL1500_.jpg (22KB, 410x500px) Image search: [Google]
41lqDkqtleL._SL1500_.jpg
22KB, 410x500px
Dropped it back in March with one sinzyuu (divine beast? god beast? whatever) completed. I'll get back in when pic related gets here. I'll probably reserve judgment until I've played the champion DLC.
>>
>>388083715
Twilight Princess had the best final bosses of any installment.

Majora's Mask had the best writing and atmosphere.

I still need to get off my arse and play breath of the wild already.
>>
>>388076973
A genuinely good game. Not the best game ever made, by any means, but a good game. Really, my only complaint is that the open world feels a bit empty. I know you've heard this before and I'm sure some people want to debate me just because I've said it again, but that really is my only gripe. Too few towns, not many random encounters, it all just kinda felt barren to me once you got used to the Yiga attacks that were all labeled as "Traveler."
>>
File: 1654561623156165.gif (235KB, 330x300px) Image search: [Google]
1654561623156165.gif
235KB, 330x300px
IU dont really know. I cant overcome myself to start it.
>>
>>388076973
The majora's mask equivalent to this game is going to be amazing.

The DLC hasn't interested me again, and I'm not sure I want to go back to it, but I already sunk over 100 hours, so i'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.
>>
Played for 100hours. Damn addictive
>>
One of the best games ever. I sank 175 hours in it, yesterday I just took out a horse from the Rito stable and rode it on the beaten path all the way to Lurelin Village while taking in the sights and stopping at stables along the way, it feels like a real journey. Very few games can give me that feeling.
>>
>>388076973
GOTY.
>>
>>388084564
Personally, my biggest grip weather-wise is just with lightning. It didn't seem to accomplish anything outside of forcing me to switch gear around for 2 minutes, just to switch it right back. More of an annoyance than anything else.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.