[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people still excited for MP-centered games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Absolver_logo.png (156KB, 421x236px) Image search: [Google]
Absolver_logo.png
156KB, 421x236px
I'm genuinely curious, /v/. I see a lot of talk on here about pic related but I feel like it'll be DOA on or shortly after release because of the lack of advertisement and hype. Plus, with the recent release of Lawbreakers trying to capture the same audience, or at least a niche crowd, it'll be looked over in favor of For Honor, and if not that, then the other big hits such as Overwatch and R6:Siege, despite the difference in genres.

Should I be excited for this game? How will this game differentiate itself from the flop of Lawbreakers? Was LB because of Nexus and Cliffy B?
>>
>>388076757
I'm gonna keep an eye on it, but if it turns out like rock paper scissor gameplay like for honor then I won't bother.
>>
>>388078123
OP here,

I am feeling the same way but I think it's more of how will the, somewhat, single player portion play out. $30 is a lot to drop on a game that could fail outright on launch. I'm just curious on why people are excited for it.
>>
>>388076757
>Should I be excited for this game?

I've been wondering the same thing. They've admitted there's not much in the way of a single player game, and if all that's left to do is unlock moves and fight other players, I'm not sure why I should bother.
>>
>no marketing for indie game

no shit, this game looks mildly interesting, and the reason people are talking about it is because mildly interesting way better than most AAA games these days.
>>
>>388076757
What else do we know apart from running around fighting other people, how is the progression or any other mechanic?
>>
>same crowd as LawBreakers

yea no, if anything they are chasing the Souls and FGC crowd with this game.
>>
>>388078337
Well Outlast 2 had marketing, so I don't see why this can't, especially when it requires other people to play online as that is the main focus of the title.

Genuinely asking but how much different does it look? Sure, nice art style but the gameplay in For Honor would interest me more than this game as it has a much better pace and feel.
>>
>>388078313
It looks like really fun fighting though.
>>
>>388076757
I'm seeing a lot of the Souls Youtubers/streamers jumping in. Maybe it has some similar handling? beyond the fact you re-gear, heal, and respawn enemies at a totally not bonfire
>>
>>388078473

>Well outlast 2
>outlast 2
>2

they had money from the first game, and plenty of games grow in popularity with word by mouth, look at PUBG.

I must admit, while fighting 1 v 1 in this game looks like immense fun, group fights look like a mess, and i hope it will be a rare thing.
>>
>panders to Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and everything else Kung Fu

Gee, i wonder why people are hyped.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.