[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate the green eyes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: BG_M.png (101KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
BG_M.png
101KB, 640x448px
Why does everyone hate the green eyes?
>>
no one hates his green eyes
>>
I don't mind the modern design in a vacuum, but it's kinda hard not to associate it with bad things after it's been in so many shit games. Of course Sonic's eye color is usually the least of the game's problems.
>>
>>388074509
It was hated because it was a change and the sonic fanbase are known for their autism, part of which involves an inability to handle change
>>
It adds unnecessary detail to a simple design. It doesn't look bad it's just pointless. I assume a lot of people dislike it because it also marked a turning point with the series.
>>
>>388074871
>>388074984
You do realize aside from the green eyes there isn't a true difference right? Sonic in those days never had a solidified.
This is a picture of Classic Sonic, not modern.
>>
>>388075019
Before Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic games didn't decrease in quality, it is just nothing surpassed S3K.

Before Shadow no one ever complained about shit like green eyes, anyone who was a classic fan was enjoying the Sonic Advance series.
>>
It ain't about the color, it's about what they represent.
>>
>>388076127
Won't Classic Sonic eventually get bad games too?

I mean Modern Sonic didn't get any bad games until 7 years after he was introduced.
>>
>>388075197
Classic Sonic: Black eyes, turns green when Super Sonic (at least in Sonic 3)

Modern Sonic: Green eyes, turns red when Super Sonic
>>
File: 1403796243244.png (179KB, 278x365px) Image search: [Google]
1403796243244.png
179KB, 278x365px
>>388075197
>there isn't a true difference right?
Stop trying to convince yourself. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>388074509
>everyone
Expect they don't. It's literally only autists who are attached to the character and can't accept change.
>>
>>388074509
Because it looks dumb and no amount of hurr autism will change that
>>
>>388078932
Autism.
>>
>>388078967
not an argument
>>
>>388076353
>eventually

He already has a lot of stinkers. It seems like they would handle him with more care now though since his image represents the "good" of the series to most people. The worst he'll probably get would be as bad as new Mario titles get which range from uninteresting, to "not what I wanted", to mildly flawed at worst quality.
>>
File: 1265946601395.jpg (130KB, 708x600px) Image search: [Google]
1265946601395.jpg
130KB, 708x600px
>>388074509
green eyes marked the point of no return and the death of good sonic games
>>
>>388079226
I never understood the point of this Mickey image
Sonic is supposed to be a cool character, that's how he is supposed to be marketed
So they give him a design that would ake him cooler looking
Mickey and all Disney related stuff has never been marketed as something as cool so of course this redesign doesn't work
>>
>>388079460
It works on a shallow superficial level if you don't understand the differences.
>>
>>388079460
the point is take a similar well known design and give it the sonic treatment.

also disney has tried to make mickey cool in the past but it never really stuck.
i see you weren't around for mickey mania
>>
>>388075197
it clashes with the blue
>>
>>388080197
by making mickey a boring detective?
>>
>>388080197
He's better off being as a asshole, close to his early personality. Being an asshole made him more likeable than any personality that he had.
>>
When will Dreamcast Sonic become his own person?
>>
I was always more of a fan of just black pupil Sonic. The green irises look silly.
>>
>>388079117
Even back in the day Sonic wasn't handled with much care.
>>
File: image_a2c81afa.jpg (57KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
image_a2c81afa.jpg
57KB, 629x354px
>>388079226

Mickey Mouse looks like this today.
>>
>>388074509
Sonic had colored eyes before, they were brown. It's the style, how they just encircle the whole pupil. It makes it look like the pupils are always constricted, it's a little unnerving. Makes him look insane.
>>
>>388079460
>Sonic is supposed to be a cool character
>so they make him far less cool when he gets to 3D
>even going as far as to make him uncool in stuff like Colors and Boom
Brilliant, Sega.
>>
>>388080874
But Sonic was cooler with kids than Classic Sonic was.
>>
>>388081265
Nah, spazzes in middle school liked him about as much, but everyone else though he was cooler before that. Something like the CD intro is when he's coolest.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.