[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the better choice lads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 3333.jpg (112KB, 892x552px) Image search: [Google]
3333.jpg
112KB, 892x552px
What is the better choice lads?
>>
Do the best of both worlds and get a psp
>>
Definitely the PS3. I have no idea if you can access the online with cfw but LittleBIGPlanet is awesome.
>>
>>388074264
Keeping your money is the best choice, OP.
>>
I got a 3.55 PS3 for $100

also it can't emulate the first Yakuza game for some reason
>>
>>388074264
I already have access of the entire PS1 PS3 and PSN library on PC with emulator.

Meanwhile the benefit of playing portably on something like a 3ds due to its unique hardware is still preferable over emulation.
>>
>pay top dollar for a piss poor four and bloodborne
>a little less for a new 2DS and 2-3 games
Or just buy 5-6 pc games I really want.
>>
>>388074529
PPSSPP emulates 99% of PSP games perfectly so the PSP is useless

>>388074712
RPCS3 is far from usable for general use and can only "play" like 10% of the PS3 library.
>>
>>388074712

No you don't. PS1 and 2 at best. MAYBE a PS3 game or two, and that's assuming you're on a high-end machine.
>>
>>388074264
>shoddy GBA emulation
retard
>>
>>388075085
It was either/or GBA or SNES, so now I'm guessing it's SNES emulation that is shoddy on 3DS.
>>
>>388074772
I'm out of PC games I care about, why do you think I'm branching out to consoles?
>>
>>388075196
N3DS SNES emulation is amazing through virtual console, and the o3DS can run GBA perfectly on VC as well
>>
i'd go with a 3ds. portability is nice to have, and rom injection will let you play gba, nes, and snes without "shoddy emulation." also, ps1 games aren't worth playing anymore, and ps3 must-play exclusives aren't that numerous.
>>
>>388075012
>99%
What's the 1%?
>>
>>388074264
>have a decent PC
>can do everything a CFW PS3 does and more
>but it's not portable

>the N3DS and DS have an amazing library and great emulators
>I can listen to music with it
>I can file transfer with it
>I can set a custom home theme with music and custom icons
>can play jap games with english translation patches
>swapnote
>hacking and rom saves
>streetpass
>can stream and record gameplay to my PC with NTR
>custom animation or splash screen on boot
>>
>>388077182
Not that anon, but I'd say Killzone: Liberation and Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix fall into this category. THUG2R crashes no matter what you do after about 30 seconds of gameplay, and KZ:L just runs like ass
>>
>>388074264
>everdrive for genesis, gba and n64
>hdd for PS2
>backup disks for PS1 and Dreamcast
>softmodded PSP, 3DS and PSVita
haven't gotten around to softmodding my PS3 yet since I'm not even done with less than half of the PS2 games I have installed.
>>
>>388077376
>I can set a custom home theme with music and custom icons
>custom animation or splash screen on boot

Giving the slightest bit of a fuck about such petty, retarded shit as 3DS themes automatically makes your opinions invalid. Also PS3 emulation on PC is not even close to stable for general usage and won't be for another 2+ years most likely and even then will not come close to play-ably emulating 90%+ of the library.
>>
>>388077707
PS2, NES, GBA, PS1, PSP, ect all emulate well enough on PC that I don't feel the need to have the actual consoles. RPCS3 is still a ways off too and CITRA similarly sucks right now too. Maybe I should take your route and just finish my backlog of previous gen games first before paying for a PS3 or 3DS now. I don't know. If the PS3 Slim could natively play PS2 games like the 60gb I'd have already gotten one for CFW.
>>
I have the 3ds and I will go for the PS3, also N3Ds is a meme.
>>
>>388079129
>N3Ds is a meme

That's why the OP pic is of a 3DS instead. Although the faster CPU speed and analogue nub and very very few exclusives might be worth spending maybe $30-40 more. I might wait until black friday and see if I can get a N2DSXL for around $100.
>>
>shoddy GBA, SNES emulation
3DS emulates both of those almost perfectly. Literally works on my machine fags.
>>
>>388074264
Get a PC and emulate both.

720p 24fps is not good and the 3DS has no games.
>>
>>388074264
3ds is less of a pain in the ass and the games are more easily found and downloaded. That said I miss my cfw ps3.
>>
>>388074264
one is portable, one is not. do you want portable device or not?

mgs4 alone is worth getting ps3. 4chan hates it because that's what 4chan is supposed to do, but this game is pure gold and perfect ending of series
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.