[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Absolver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 5

File: 4234235.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4234235.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Thoughts on Absolver?
>>
>>388071842
I wish I could play so so I could form an opinion of my own
>>
I think it doesn't make a lot of huge promises and will be an enjoyable if probably not slightly flawed game. Will scratch that kung fu itch nicely.
>>
>>388071842
gameplay looks super boring
afraid to buy it
>>
>>388071842
>panders to ecelebs
its gon be shit
>>
>>388072281
>dude they sent out copies to twitch streamers for marketing
>that fucked up or what????
Do you even know which industry you are in
>>
clothes customization looks great but the rest looks incredibly boring and dull
>>
>>388071842
I like the concept art that keeps getting posted.
>>
>>388072440
Did you just use two synonyms as two seperate 'arguments'
>>
It's not out yet how the fuck would I know?
>>
Looks boring and repetitive as hell.
>>
>>388071842
>PvP focus
dropped.
>>
I like the aesthetic but it looks boring as fuck.
>>
>>388072771
but anon, i was told that there was a MASSIVE, HUGE OPEN WORLD you can level up in and experience an entire (ENTIRE) single player campaign.
>>
>>388072771
this, multiplayer is for normalfags
>>
>>388071842
Not a fighting game fan but this game looks kinda interesting, and I like the art style
>>
>>388071842
I only watched it a bit, it reminds me of blade symphony a lot. I assume it will be somewhat broken and will have a relatively small playerbase that will mostly die in a few weeks after release.
>>
The constant thwapping noise when you hit someone in this game gets old quick.
>>
>>388073374
>blade symphony
SIX
PLAYERS
REMAINING
>>
>>388074049
Yeah personally I get really agitated how they keep reusing the same sound asset when I stomp on the goombas, like come on I get it
>>
>>388071842
im excited. i always wanted this kind of game.
>>
>>388073039
Expand mother fucker, thats like saying a game is fun, it means fucking nothing.
>>
>>388071842
looks kinda cool. images like this are misleading marketing though since the focus is on fistfighting and fighting with small one handed swords

itll probably be super boring
>>
It's short and boring as hell, will probably be dead in a week.
>>
File: vPXFbbf.png (983B, 307x37px) Image search: [Google]
vPXFbbf.png
983B, 307x37px
/v/ is very good at discussing videogames
>>
Is this going to be $60?
>>
>>388074592
>>
>>388071842
I feel like it's a game that's going to be dead in a month or two.
>>
boring
>>
>>388072401
clearly one that has no regard for its (potential) customers
>>
People who were in the closed beta said it was pretty fun. I'mma wait till it comes out to buy it though.
>>
This game was made in literally 5 or 6 months
Development started late 2016
>>
>>388075475
You think the amount of asspies who get upset over streamers getting copies outweigh the amount of exposure the game gets? Seems very egocentric
>>
>>388075475
>>388072401
>literally content creators say give me game please
>oh sure, do you want a free blowjob with it?
>guy who buys the game a month in advance and has been advertising it for over a year
>oh sucks to be you, go watch the twitch streamers, lel xd

Naw I refunded this shit and will just pirate it. This was one of the worst business practices I've seen to date
>>
>>388075650
It looks like it too.
>>
>>388075801
if they wanna spoil their short-ass SP game with a pre-release let's play, it's their prerogative
>>
>>388071842
Bit disappointed in how small the world is. Even for a $30 game.

The combat looks decent, though.
>>
>>388076239
Yeah that confused me too, the game isnt supposed to be very long as far as story goes, the endgame is learning all the abilities and gathering gear and fucking up people online (sorta like dark souls I guess)

then they give the game away to these streamers who played it for like the 10 hours it takes to finish it now they're bored of it and shitloads of people wont get it because its done and over.

the fuck
>>
>>388076021
>he shills for free for longer than the game has been in development
>>
Game looks like it has the depth of a puddle. 2 attack buttons, no way to break a guard, one button guard, no mixups at all.
>>
>>388076454
>no way to break a guard
wrong?
>no mixups at all
you didn't even play it did you
>>
>>388076639
Hitting somebody until they run out of stamina isn't a guard break. Likewise just having attacks with different timings aren't mixups.
>>
with a friend 7.5/10
solo 6/10
>>
>>388076842
But there are specific attacks that deplete stamina extremely quickly and literally "break" their "guard"? Who the fuck are you the council of what consists of a guard break mechanic?
>>
>>388077002
Gl trying to actually kill someone who just plays defensively with that lmao.
>>
>>388073259
Hey, Jef.
You're not wrong
>>
>>388077062
>it doesn't exist
>b-b-but it's not viable
>how do I know? just trust me I am an absolver professional
>>
>>388077161
>Glaring flaws get pointed out
>Y-You don't actually know that

Nice try.
>>
>>388077390
"It just doesn't work because I said so" isn't a glaring flaw, retard

it's the rambling of an autist who pulled something out of his ass and asked everyone around him to smell it
>>
>>388074409
>>388076336

How do you know what size the world is?

I played through the closed beta and had a fucking blast. Going through the different areas with branching pathways really scratched that Souls itch. The only thing that buzzed me out about it was how short the demo was.
>>
>this one shill that keeps complaining posts say the game looks boring
i hope it's worth the pennies a post
>>
>>388077491
>point out that the game flow is incredibly basic button mashing
>No u
>>
>>388072771
this
It looks fucking gay, maybe I'd buy it for 30 dollars
>>
Thought it was going to be a slower-paced God Hand type game. I was very wrong.
>>
>>388077783
no way fag, I'd buy it for at least 40 bucks
>>
>>388071842
It looks like bland boring shit and it even plays like bland and boring shit. Go away shill.
>>
>ask for discussion on a game
>people just call it boring
how about some actual fucking criticism
>>
>>388078036
That's boring anon
>>
>>388078036
It's fucking boring, I don't know what else you can say about it.
>>
Things i like about it

1. You can play as a girl
2. No body sliders to stress over
3. Everyone wears a mask, no face sliders to stress over
4. No built in voice communication, or text communication. You only communicate through emotes
5. Keyboard support is apparently pretty good

It seems like a pretty good game as the developers have made these quality design decisions.
>>
seems like a martial arts For Honor that hopefully won't be shit. actually, as far as i heard, it's made by some dudes that worked on For Honor then branched off.

it's also only EUR 25 right now, so it's a no brainer. i'm getting it
>>
boring
>>
>>388079414
>5. Keyboard support is apparently pretty good
LOL, keyboard support was trash for this game. It plays like clunky garbage unless you use a controller.
>>
>>388080415
>everywhere else claims it ranges from decent to pretty good
>anonymous on /v/ says its garbage

Checks out
>>
>>388080480
>shill gets angry that no one ITT likes his boring game
>Screeches about /v/
>>
>>388080916
>t. dishonored shill
>>
>>388080942
Dishonored? What does Dishonored have to do with anything?
>>
Not sure how it plays, but from what I've seen on streams it's rather boring
>>
Boring: the game
>>
i'm fine playing tekken
>>
ADD kiddies please go.
>>
>>388081246
Don't make fun of my ADD
>>
File: 1474847931761.jpg (23KB, 350x306px) Image search: [Google]
1474847931761.jpg
23KB, 350x306px
I'll play it.

It's not very watchable though, one of those games that would probably be great to play, incredibly boring to watch. I like how it doesn't pander to defensive meta faggots and an offensive attitude goes a long way.
>>
>>388081246
this sort of mental disability mocking will not stand on 4chan, you're banned
>>
>>388071842

I'm very doubtful about Absolver. In the beta, I found a dull but relaxing world (if you pass the irritating redundant punch noise). And the devs already confess it's gonna be a small world to travel in, so let's accept that the solo part gonna be old quick.
Still for the week I played it, I dont know if I can judge the combat system. I didnt really get to work on good deck building.
I may be wrong but it looks like the best part of combat is to learn your set versatility and timing so you could focus on memorising the opponent's set and counter it with your own.

Still not sure if I should preorder it though.
>>
>>388073178
The devs themselves confirmed that the world isn't huge (30 min from border to border) and the focus is on multiplayer.
God I fucking hate post tortanic / GG /v/.
>>
>>388082018

Whoa there buddy, you are not supposed to give valid criticism if you have more than a 2 minute glipse into the game.

Where do you think we are?
>>
>>388083076
T. Someone so butthurt his shitty argument got mocked he had to address it through a proxy
>>
I just wish i knew how to spend attribute points

Also which style is for punching mans with the strongest fist?
>>
>>388077549
>>388077549
Been watching the early access streams. Unless there's more to the campaign after defeating Risryn, the story is 4-5 hours at most.

As I said, the gameplay looks decent. Watching Voxel and GreyMaiden showed that there's a lot of depth to the combat. And I am hyped for that.

So yeah, speaking as a viewer, it looks good. I'm just disappointed in the story length. But I get that its a PvP first type of game, so thats not a big issue or anything.
>>
>>388084284
Probably Kahlt Method.
>>
>>388075475
Its effective "advertising" its how game companies make sales, popular person plays it and says how good it is, all of the little kids go and buy it with their parents debit cards
>>
>>388076454
>>388076842
>>388077062
>>388077390
>>388077719
You have 4 stances with I think 3 attacks of your choosing for each one and an alternate attack (also of your choosing) that lets you transition into any other stance you have. Each style (3 at the start and 1 known about with several more likely in the game) has a different way to deal with attacks other than just blocking, like a dodge or being able to take a hit to the face and then getting some health back from successful strikes. I think you can also feint but I'm not sure.
If you can't deplete guards by just hitting an opponent you can use built up tension to create a bladed weapon (With its own weapon deck that you can also customize) and chip through a guard. Built up tension can also be used for a number of different abilities.

I think that addresses most of your points.
You have a way to break or get around a guard. You have more than one button to deal with incoming attacks. You have a way to mix up your attacks by changing into any of your other styles or using an alternate attack. 2 Attack buttons aren't a limiting factor either.
>>
Looks okay. But, kinda boring.

Doesn't look like there's really enough game there to maintain a player base, nor really justify the price, so, it'll likely die within a couple months.
>>
I'm interested, but also skeptical about the possibility of it ending up like For Honor. I'm gonna wait a few months to see if the playerbase endures before buying it
>>
File: 1496286074202.jpg (23KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1496286074202.jpg
23KB, 640x559px
>>388076021
>and has been advertising it for over a year
Hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
Gog preorder version was $15 for me , I'm gonna a have a blast because of how little I paid :3
>>
People play it like for honor/ dank souls. 1-2 hits and retreat/ strafe. I don't see that smooth and cool kungfu moves this game supposed to promote.
>>
>>388071842
Looks like meme shit that will die off before release. Absolutely shite animations coupled with boring camera work and lackluster special effects. Just look at the punches they're basic shit that anyone could animate in toribash.
>>
>>388089426
What the fuck is boring camera work

Do you suffer from severe autism
>>
>>388089426
>buzzwords

Come back from reddit when you can refute his points tard.
>>
>>388089675
>>388089562
>>
>>388089562
It's when the camera doesn't dramatically zoom into the sky occasionally for a top down view that greatly hinders your ability to see

All the fighting games have it
>>
>>388071842
wish I could afford it
>>
>>388089843
It's called bad camera, not boring camera you dumbfuck.
>>
Looks good, desu. I have hundreds of hours in DS3 pvp and while that's actually garbage, in Absolver they focus on pvp mostly, so maybe I'll get it.

I only hope they don't fuck up with balancing the fighting styles and that the playerbase will be too small.
>>
>>388089992
No that anon very clearly stated boring camera, please expand on his point l
>>
>>388089992
>I made a retarded typo but you're the dumbfuck
>heh gottim
>>
>>388075475
Your ego and self centered attitude (Without an ounce of self awareness) are adorable.
>>
>>388090302
I mean you're right but also 5 hours late that shitposter already flew away
>>
>>388074919
None of that 60 dollars multiplayer only bullshit
>>
>>388088118
The point I'm trying to make is this is going to be the next For Honor or Dark Souls PvP. Retardedly defensive focused, there's little incentive for attacking when you can just counter attack everything seeing as how it looks like the most dominant strategy.
>>
>>388093179
I want to know where exactly you came to that conclusion when all tourneys and streams so far were extremely aggressive and quick paced on both sides
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.